Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Nuzlocke: The Arcane Exile
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 79 80
Ahhhhhh ;-; Poor Wafer! I just wanna hug him and never let him gooo. :( X3
Ahhhhhh ;-; Poor Wafer! I just wanna hug him and never let him gooo. :( X3
367d892fcecdec67c416a9f373daff05cf451767.png
xeno | they/fae
adult | fr +2

WTRVHVo.pngHdmxfuE.png3Fro3Vn.png
J7D1quC.pnglAkpsXv.pngxBEAdV6.png
signature credit to alacrity & fluffmoth
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7975892] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/79759/7975892_350.png[/img] [/url] Look who grew uuup~

7975892_350.png

Look who grew uuup~
Kai - Al (There's only 1 L!)
[Call me Kai!] [30s,They/Them]
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
f18d31cc350d038f8fdc1052107773b5e5669843.png
- Accent Shop!
- Hatchathon: Egg a Day 2024!
- In Shadow of the Gods: A Nuzlocke (Complete!)
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
@Kaial

Hi Arc! Hmm... something seems a bit off... Where's his wagon?!
@Kaial

Hi Arc! Hmm... something seems a bit off... Where's his wagon?!
@Chloraphyll
Ahaha, well, we have to use our imagination when it comes to actual in-game pics.
But I intend to draw him with his wagon soon. c:
@Chloraphyll
Ahaha, well, we have to use our imagination when it comes to actual in-game pics.
But I intend to draw him with his wagon soon. c:
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
@Kaial

Yay! Wagons!
@Kaial

Yay! Wagons!
@ArgenteaMoon, @CyberNexus, @HazelJade, @Ecuria, @JadeMagic, @CrypticGirl, @Arsi, @Twelvero, @LagMonster, @Chloraphyll, @Neige
Entry 12

Arc was very lethargic that night, and went to bed before I’d even considered sleep.
I was a bit concerned for him, but I had an idea of what was going on—or at least, I hoped I did. I put Nova and Lily to bed, ignoring Lily’s protests and insistence she wasn’t tired, and settled in for the night. She fell asleep almost instantly, to my amusement, and Arc’s even breaths told me he had too.

Nova, however, was crying.
At least I assumed she was—her voice was completely atonal as would be expected. But in the gloom I could see her tiny silhouette sitting up in bed with frills flattened.
There was no sign of the sparrowmouse. I’ve begun to believe that birds make terrible, terrible companions.

I got up and made my way to her bedside as quietly as possible, so as to not disturb my other clanmates.
“What’s wrong, Nova? Are you lonel—”

The hatchling wasted no time in rushing to me and clinging to my chest the moment I got close enough. I could feel her shaking slightly and at once felt a surge of pity for the minute dragon.

“Are you… afraid of the dark, Nova?” I asked softly. I didn’t know if that was the answer—and of course I wouldn’t be hearing it from her anytime soon—but no matter what the source of her upset was, I felt terrible. I’d been treating this hatchling like she had no feelings at all.

“Everything’s okay, Nova. It’s alright,” I assured, gently rubbing the hatchling’s back until her shaking stopped. Gradually, her grip eased.

“Are you ready to sleep now?” I asked, to no response.

So I took a step away, which promptly provoked a flurry of monotonous squeaks. Nova definitely didn’t want to be alone.
I considered allowing her to sleep by my bed for the night, but the chances of me rolling over and crushing her were too much to ignore. And so, with a sigh, I lay down on the floor and kept a hand in the bed next to her. The little fae lay down against it and soon fell asleep, clutching one of my fingers tightly.

As I began to drift off myself, it occurred to me how pointless it was to make myself a bed.
I spent most nights on the floor, anyway.

I awoke to find Nova had moved at some point during the night and was now snuggled against the side of my neck. I put a hand over her to secure her and got to my feet, looking over my still-sleeping clanmates.

I had been right about Arc after all, but to my surprise, Lily was in the same state. I didn’t expect them to wake for some time, nor could I blame them: growing up took up a lot of energy.

They say the day a dragon becomes an adult is the day all their questions as a hatchling are answered. This is a lie. You remain as confused as ever, but at least tend to look less so. It’s a small comfort amidst the incredible growing pains the day causes.
I recalled my own muscle aches and pains the day I came of age, cringed, and made a mental note to set up a nice lunch for both of the poor things. If they were awake for lunch, anyway.

I decided I should let them get as much rest as possible. I asked the bear not to wake them, and flew out of the mouth of the cave with Nova tucked securely into one of my satchels.

I had to take her along; I didn’t want her to get upset from feeling alone again. And, besides, she deserved bonding time too.

Once I had landed safely, I transferred Nova from my satchel to my shoulder so she could have a look around. The little fae took hold of my mane and held still for the most part—I assumed she was taking in her new surroundings.

“I thought I’d take you out gathering with me today,” I explained to her. “You haven’t been outside until now, have you?”

A soft buzzing chirp in my ear was her response.

“If you get nervous, we can go home any time,” I assured her as I began to comb through the debris nearby.

Nova remained quietly fascinated throughout my time searching, and only put up a fuss when it came time to keep her safe in my satchel for the ride home. Regardless, I soon landed at the mouth of the cave with the little fae, various foods, and assorted bits of scavenged junk.

Nobody was home.
@ArgenteaMoon, @CyberNexus, @HazelJade, @Ecuria, @JadeMagic, @CrypticGirl, @Arsi, @Twelvero, @LagMonster, @Chloraphyll, @Neige
Entry 12

Arc was very lethargic that night, and went to bed before I’d even considered sleep.
I was a bit concerned for him, but I had an idea of what was going on—or at least, I hoped I did. I put Nova and Lily to bed, ignoring Lily’s protests and insistence she wasn’t tired, and settled in for the night. She fell asleep almost instantly, to my amusement, and Arc’s even breaths told me he had too.

Nova, however, was crying.
At least I assumed she was—her voice was completely atonal as would be expected. But in the gloom I could see her tiny silhouette sitting up in bed with frills flattened.
There was no sign of the sparrowmouse. I’ve begun to believe that birds make terrible, terrible companions.

I got up and made my way to her bedside as quietly as possible, so as to not disturb my other clanmates.
“What’s wrong, Nova? Are you lonel—”

The hatchling wasted no time in rushing to me and clinging to my chest the moment I got close enough. I could feel her shaking slightly and at once felt a surge of pity for the minute dragon.

“Are you… afraid of the dark, Nova?” I asked softly. I didn’t know if that was the answer—and of course I wouldn’t be hearing it from her anytime soon—but no matter what the source of her upset was, I felt terrible. I’d been treating this hatchling like she had no feelings at all.

“Everything’s okay, Nova. It’s alright,” I assured, gently rubbing the hatchling’s back until her shaking stopped. Gradually, her grip eased.

“Are you ready to sleep now?” I asked, to no response.

So I took a step away, which promptly provoked a flurry of monotonous squeaks. Nova definitely didn’t want to be alone.
I considered allowing her to sleep by my bed for the night, but the chances of me rolling over and crushing her were too much to ignore. And so, with a sigh, I lay down on the floor and kept a hand in the bed next to her. The little fae lay down against it and soon fell asleep, clutching one of my fingers tightly.

As I began to drift off myself, it occurred to me how pointless it was to make myself a bed.
I spent most nights on the floor, anyway.

I awoke to find Nova had moved at some point during the night and was now snuggled against the side of my neck. I put a hand over her to secure her and got to my feet, looking over my still-sleeping clanmates.

I had been right about Arc after all, but to my surprise, Lily was in the same state. I didn’t expect them to wake for some time, nor could I blame them: growing up took up a lot of energy.

They say the day a dragon becomes an adult is the day all their questions as a hatchling are answered. This is a lie. You remain as confused as ever, but at least tend to look less so. It’s a small comfort amidst the incredible growing pains the day causes.
I recalled my own muscle aches and pains the day I came of age, cringed, and made a mental note to set up a nice lunch for both of the poor things. If they were awake for lunch, anyway.

I decided I should let them get as much rest as possible. I asked the bear not to wake them, and flew out of the mouth of the cave with Nova tucked securely into one of my satchels.

I had to take her along; I didn’t want her to get upset from feeling alone again. And, besides, she deserved bonding time too.

Once I had landed safely, I transferred Nova from my satchel to my shoulder so she could have a look around. The little fae took hold of my mane and held still for the most part—I assumed she was taking in her new surroundings.

“I thought I’d take you out gathering with me today,” I explained to her. “You haven’t been outside until now, have you?”

A soft buzzing chirp in my ear was her response.

“If you get nervous, we can go home any time,” I assured her as I began to comb through the debris nearby.

Nova remained quietly fascinated throughout my time searching, and only put up a fuss when it came time to keep her safe in my satchel for the ride home. Regardless, I soon landed at the mouth of the cave with the little fae, various foods, and assorted bits of scavenged junk.

Nobody was home.
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
[quote name="Kaial" date="2014-11-28 15:23:28"] I’ve begun to believe that birds make terrible, terrible companions. [/quote] @Kaial XD Yes. Good. Also, awwww, Wafer... as adorable as ever.
Kaial wrote on 2014-11-28 15:23:28:
I’ve begun to believe that birds make terrible, terrible companions.

@Kaial XD Yes. Good.

Also, awwww, Wafer... as adorable as ever.
tumblr_inline_nj4elzHhMA1rud3n2.png
Banner made by dragonicmaster
@Lagmonster
Here's hoping I get some new familiars to drop soon for the poor kids, haha.
...Especially a bamboo phytocat. Those guys have such character!
@Lagmonster
Here's hoping I get some new familiars to drop soon for the poor kids, haha.
...Especially a bamboo phytocat. Those guys have such character!
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
@Kaial aw Wafer is such a sweetie! *pats his face*
@Kaial aw Wafer is such a sweetie! *pats his face*
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@Kailal

Whoo! New addition! You really are a great writer.
@Kailal

Whoo! New addition! You really are a great writer.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 79 80