Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Nuzlocke: The Arcane Exile
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 79 80
@Kaial AAAAH, WAFER, I JUST...WANT...TO THROW A DRAGON AT YOU WHO CAN BE LIKE "HERE, YOU POOR, OVERWHELMED THING, LET ME HELP YOU."
@Kaial AAAAH, WAFER, I JUST...WANT...TO THROW A DRAGON AT YOU WHO CAN BE LIKE "HERE, YOU POOR, OVERWHELMED THING, LET ME HELP YOU."
tumblr_inline_nj4elzHhMA1rud3n2.png
Banner made by dragonicmaster
@lagmonster
INSTEAD HE GETS... WHAT I PMED YOU ABOUT. HAH.
@lagmonster
INSTEAD HE GETS... WHAT I PMED YOU ABOUT. HAH.
Kai - Al (There's only 1 L!)
[Call me Kai!] [30s,They/Them]
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
f18d31cc350d038f8fdc1052107773b5e5669843.png
- Accent Shop!
- Hatchathon: Egg a Day 2024!
- In Shadow of the Gods: A Nuzlocke (Complete!)
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
@Kaial Yes. XD Yes, instead he gets that...
@Kaial Yes. XD Yes, instead he gets that...
tumblr_inline_nj4elzHhMA1rud3n2.png
Banner made by dragonicmaster
[sub]@ArgenteaMoon, @CyberNexus, @HazelJade, @Ecuria, @JadeMagic, @CrypticGirl, @Arsi, @Twelvero, @LagMonster Okay here's the next part. MASSIVE thanks to @Affle for gifting me an egg! I'm so happy it hatched into a fae so I could write this part in my headdd @u@[/sub] [center][b]Entry 10[/b][/center] I needed a rest. I needed one badly. I’d been working all night and day with hardly any downtime. I was exhausted. I wanted to sleep. But I couldn’t. I couldn’t relax not knowing if the kids were okay—I could hear them playing happily, and I could hear the bear stomping around with them, but logic was losing in the battle against my newfound paranoia that something would happen. I could have called them in, but that wasn’t fair to them at all when they had spent so much time indoors anyway. “They’re fine, they’re fine. They’re fine you idiot, go to sleep,” I growled at myself in an aggravated mantra. I needed rest to be able to hunt and scavenge that night. I reminded myself of these facts over and over until I realized all I was doing was getting riled up. I stretched out and found as comfy of a position as possible, figuring that if I couldn’t force my mind to rest I could at least recoup some energy by getting my body to do so. After what must have been hours, the hatchlings and bear returned. I informed them it was naptime, and the two ignored their new beds in favour of lying down next to me. I was too tired to protest, and having them safe in the cave was enough comfort for me to fall into a deep sleep. I don’t know how long I slept, but the ruffling of wind in my mane was what first disturbed me. I doubt it would have been enough to wake me up on its own—being pecked in the face, however, certainly was. I jumped to my feet and turned to face my attacker. The webwing had come back and was standing on the floor staring up at me. It squawked. “What the hell is [i]wrong [/i]with you?” I snarled in a groggy rage. Arc, Lily, and the bear had woken up and were staring in silent confusion. It squawked again, opening its beak wider. There was something in its mouth. “What do you want?” I asked, exasperated. The bird tilted its head and hopped toward me, tapping its beak against my hand. “Giving presents?” Arc asked. “I… ugh, I don’t know,” I cupped my hand and held it toward the bird. It dropped a rock into my hand. I turned it over, inspecting it. It had an odd, blunt teardrop shape but other than that there was nothing of note. It was very small, and there was no hint of crystal. “This isn’t even a geode,” I sighed. “Why did you bring this to me?” “Egg!” Lily shouted with conviction. “No, Lil, this is just a pebble… it’s way, way too small to be an—” *kkrktchhh* “[i]…Egg.[/i]” Pepper is a fae, and we had one other in the lair. But I had never seen a fae egg until that moment. Or well, maybe I had before. It’s certainly possible; it turns out they’re ridiculously tiny. And so was the dragon that flopped awkwardly about on my hand as it tried to find its footing. Its colours were incredibly bright. I’d never had anything cause such strain to my eyes aside from the sun itself. [img]https://31.media.tumblr.com/6ed80f75d096b626bac78f92bb909146/tumblr_inline_nfmwsxuuZe1ru8xj4.png[/img] But I couldn’t stop staring, at a loss for anything else until a rather broken “Oh my gods…” came from my mouth with an exasperated sigh. The mirrors were over the moon with excitement, and the bear’s huffs made me feel it was laughing at my expense. The little fae peered up at me with wide, massive eyes. “…Hi there, uh… I guess you’re part of our group from now on,” I began slowly. How the little dragon was staring at me was strangely alarming. I thought I could hear a faint buzzing come from it in response, but it was so damned tiny I couldn’t be sure if it wasn’t just my ears ringing. The webwing let out another squawk. I realized it was expecting a reward. “Ah… yeah, I really need to get food now, don’t I?” I mused aloud, bringing the fae to the bed Lily and Arc used to share, setting it down before waving a quick goodbye to the mirrors to take off from the mouth of the cave. The entire situation was too surreal for me to do much more just then. I needed to get food for the night—and clear my head.
@ArgenteaMoon, @CyberNexus, @HazelJade, @Ecuria, @JadeMagic, @CrypticGirl, @Arsi, @Twelvero, @LagMonster
Okay here's the next part.
MASSIVE thanks to @Affle for gifting me an egg! I'm so happy it hatched into a fae so I could write this part in my headdd @u@

Entry 10

I needed a rest. I needed one badly. I’d been working all night and day with hardly any downtime.

I was exhausted. I wanted to sleep.

But I couldn’t.

I couldn’t relax not knowing if the kids were okay—I could hear them playing happily, and I could hear the bear stomping around with them, but logic was losing in the battle against my newfound paranoia that something would happen.

I could have called them in, but that wasn’t fair to them at all when they had spent so much time indoors anyway.

“They’re fine, they’re fine. They’re fine you idiot, go to sleep,” I growled at myself in an aggravated mantra. I needed rest to be able to hunt and scavenge that night. I reminded myself of these facts over and over until I realized all I was doing was getting riled up.

I stretched out and found as comfy of a position as possible, figuring that if I couldn’t force my mind to rest I could at least recoup some energy by getting my body to do so.

After what must have been hours, the hatchlings and bear returned.

I informed them it was naptime, and the two ignored their new beds in favour of lying down next to me. I was too tired to protest, and having them safe in the cave was enough comfort for me to fall into a deep sleep.

I don’t know how long I slept, but the ruffling of wind in my mane was what first disturbed me. I doubt it would have been enough to wake me up on its own—being pecked in the face, however, certainly was. I jumped to my feet and turned to face my attacker.

The webwing had come back and was standing on the floor staring up at me. It squawked.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” I snarled in a groggy rage.

Arc, Lily, and the bear had woken up and were staring in silent confusion.

It squawked again, opening its beak wider. There was something in its mouth.

“What do you want?” I asked, exasperated.

The bird tilted its head and hopped toward me, tapping its beak against my hand.

“Giving presents?” Arc asked.

“I… ugh, I don’t know,” I cupped my hand and held it toward the bird.

It dropped a rock into my hand. I turned it over, inspecting it. It had an odd, blunt teardrop shape but other than that there was nothing of note. It was very small, and there was no hint of crystal.
“This isn’t even a geode,” I sighed. “Why did you bring this to me?”

“Egg!” Lily shouted with conviction.

“No, Lil, this is just a pebble… it’s way, way too small to be an—”

*kkrktchhh*

…Egg.

Pepper is a fae, and we had one other in the lair. But I had never seen a fae egg until that moment.

Or well, maybe I had before.
It’s certainly possible; it turns out they’re ridiculously tiny.

And so was the dragon that flopped awkwardly about on my hand as it tried to find its footing. Its colours were incredibly bright. I’d never had anything cause such strain to my eyes aside from the sun itself.

tumblr_inline_nfmwsxuuZe1ru8xj4.png

But I couldn’t stop staring, at a loss for anything else until a rather broken “Oh my gods…” came from my mouth with an exasperated sigh.

The mirrors were over the moon with excitement, and the bear’s huffs made me feel it was laughing at my expense. The little fae peered up at me with wide, massive eyes.

“…Hi there, uh… I guess you’re part of our group from now on,” I began slowly. How the little dragon was staring at me was strangely alarming.

I thought I could hear a faint buzzing come from it in response, but it was so damned tiny I couldn’t be sure if it wasn’t just my ears ringing.

The webwing let out another squawk. I realized it was expecting a reward.

“Ah… yeah, I really need to get food now, don’t I?” I mused aloud, bringing the fae to the bed Lily and Arc used to share, setting it down before waving a quick goodbye to the mirrors to take off from the mouth of the cave. The entire situation was too surreal for me to do much more just then.

I needed to get food for the night—and clear my head.
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
@Kaial

Yay, new egg! Actually, I've been wondering something about that "Regret" writing prompt in your tumblr. Did Wafer really love Lapis, or was he just in it for the "thrill?"
@Kaial

Yay, new egg! Actually, I've been wondering something about that "Regret" writing prompt in your tumblr. Did Wafer really love Lapis, or was he just in it for the "thrill?"
@CrypticGirl

Oh, wow, you read that?
Ahah, well.

[Redacted because spoilers. Cough. Hope you read this in time, if not, PM me!]
@CrypticGirl

Oh, wow, you read that?
Ahah, well.

[Redacted because spoilers. Cough. Hope you read this in time, if not, PM me!]
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
@Kaial Oh look it's an eyeburner, joy, at least these are a thing that still exist :3
@Kaial Oh look it's an eyeburner, joy, at least these are a thing that still exist :3
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@ArgenteaMoon

She's the prettiest irishimgem SD ever, though, seriously. She's a sunset!
...I hope she lives so I can gene her up.
@ArgenteaMoon

She's the prettiest irishimgem SD ever, though, seriously. She's a sunset!
...I hope she lives so I can gene her up.
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
@Kaial as I said to someone else, IF SHE DOESN'T, GIVE HER TO MEEEEEEEEE
@Kaial as I said to someone else, IF SHE DOESN'T, GIVE HER TO MEEEEEEEEE
Professional Grump

I live for memes
Cool! The fae is so pretty! (Even with her brightness XD ))
Cool! The fae is so pretty! (Even with her brightness XD ))
Pp5cWtu.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 79 80