Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] Typos MEGATHREAD!
1 2 ... 168 169 170 171 172 ... 329 330
[item=Infestation Maggot] [item=Bloated Maggot] the image is a beetle larvae, but the description and name is a fly maggot i won't post images bc some people might not want to see bug grubs but a quick google search will show the difference [item=Shrew] this is a mole, not a shrew
Infestation Maggot Bloated Maggot

the image is a beetle larvae, but the description and name is a fly maggot

i won't post images bc some people might not want to see bug grubs but a quick google search will show the difference

Shrew

this is a mole, not a shrew
@corprus
This is true of a lot of items - pretty sure this isn't a typo, it's intentional in order to get a variety of names that are reasonably close to the image. Maybe in Sornieth, fly maggots and shrews look like that!

(Another well-known one is the Common Sparrow, which is drawn like a Goldfinch)
@corprus
This is true of a lot of items - pretty sure this isn't a typo, it's intentional in order to get a variety of names that are reasonably close to the image. Maybe in Sornieth, fly maggots and shrews look like that!

(Another well-known one is the Common Sparrow, which is drawn like a Goldfinch)
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
Quetzel's description reads "...they're hunting seasons..." when it should be "their" [item=quetzeel]
Quetzel's description reads "...they're hunting seasons..." when it should be "their"

Quetzeel
Non-Fodder Available For Fodder Prices
Thiiiis is totally a nitpick, but every time I see "Compare any two dragons to determine if they are too closely related" on the Assay Bloodlines page, I feel a pang of dread for the new people who might not know what that means.

It would be clearer if were changed to something like, "Compare any two dragons to determine if they are too closely related TO BREED"
Thiiiis is totally a nitpick, but every time I see "Compare any two dragons to determine if they are too closely related" on the Assay Bloodlines page, I feel a pang of dread for the new people who might not know what that means.

It would be clearer if were changed to something like, "Compare any two dragons to determine if they are too closely related TO BREED"
@Xhaztol I am not sure this has been spotted yet but my friend noticed it and we had a giggle. Is it Antelope or Ampelope? [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/512026898579324939/566540304371548172/unknown.png[/img] Edit: name and description do not match.
@Xhaztol I am not sure this has been spotted yet but my friend noticed it and we had a giggle. Is it Antelope or Ampelope?

unknown.png

Edit: name and description do not match.
84902117.png1422796.png 3073204.png 8428246.png 6003887.png
@Sanctuarium i don't think it's a typo. both familiars of that type have the name spelled as ampelope. [item=ampelope][item=starry ampelope] as i understand it, the ampelope is just a species of antelope. the name seems to be a portmanteau of "ampere" (an unit of measurement used for electric current) and "antelope", which makes sense in the context of the thunderhead savanna.
@Sanctuarium i don't think it's a typo. both familiars of that type have the name spelled as ampelope.

Ampelope Starry Ampelope

as i understand it, the ampelope is just a species of antelope. the name seems to be a portmanteau of "ampere" (an unit of measurement used for electric current) and "antelope", which makes sense in the context of the thunderhead savanna.
fzww6al.png
Rose Quartz doesn't have the descriptor under its name saying it's part of Minerals & Ores
Rose Quartz doesn't have the descriptor under its name saying it's part of Minerals & Ores
Z5qrQtx.gif
7ebac6b3af9f12d3a4fa4f1dbbceaae2243780f9.png62899cd3275f2a35097380052cdd779e44e89c6c.pnge448ae88c64c70af9f549e4014ccc630c1c6861c.png
Two in one here.

The description of the Deadpan Jester's Tail Bell says "deadpin delivery" in it, but the matching apparel all say "deadpan delivery".

The description of the Deadpan Jester's Wing Cover calls itself a "tail bell", not a wing cover.
Two in one here.

The description of the Deadpan Jester's Tail Bell says "deadpin delivery" in it, but the matching apparel all say "deadpan delivery".

The description of the Deadpan Jester's Wing Cover calls itself a "tail bell", not a wing cover.
220px_blank.png MUYNhfy.png
ikTPgzn.png
FObX7rS.png
Ok, so reading the [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=63]Nocturne Encyclopedia[/url] page, I've noticed a few mistakes. Although I've noticed that others found these as well, some of these are from a few years ago, so I'll repost: ----- [center][u][b]Problem:[/b][/u] word choice (incubation)[/center] [quote]These bat-like dragons are stout and make use of an impressive wingspan to wrap themselves during the day, [b][i]incubating[/b][/i] their bodies.[/quote] According to Google, incubate either means to hatch eggs or develop an infectious disease - I'm not too sure that the nocturnes are attempting to do either in this context. (Please correct me if I'm wrong, this might be a metaphor or something) [u]Solution:[/u] Did you possibly mean [i]insulating?[/i] ----- ----- [center][u][b]Problem:[/b][/u] extra s (adapts and mimics)[/center] [quote]Nocturnes are a species that [b][i]adapts and mimics[/b][/i] dragons they are in close proximity with...[/quote] Self-explanatory (I hope) - adapt and mimic both have an s afterwards. [u]Solution/Possible Sentences:[/u] - Nocturnes are a species that [i][u]adapt and mimic[/u][/i] dragons they are in close proximity with... - [i][u]The Nocturne species[/u][/i] adapts and mimics dragons they are in close proximity with... ----- ----- [center][u][b]Problem:[/b][/u] wrong article & another extra s (games)[/center] [quote] Their personalities and behaviors are passed from one individual to the next in [b][i]an[/i][/b] lengthy communal [b][i]games[/i][/b] of copycat.[/quote] Not only should the an be an a (an --> a), but there is an extra s here as well. [u]Solution/Possible Sentences:[/u] One option is to remove the s and change the an... [quote name=fix-1]"Their personalities and behaviors are passed from one individual to the next in [i][u]a[/u][/i] lengthy communal [i][u]game[/u][/i] of copycat."[/quote] ...or to remove the an altogether. [quote name=fix-2]"Their personalities and behaviors are passed from one individual to the next in lengthy communal games of copycat."[/quote] ----- Hope this was easy enough to read & understand...
Ok, so reading the Nocturne Encyclopedia page, I've noticed a few mistakes. Although I've noticed that others found these as well, some of these are from a few years ago, so I'll repost:
Problem: word choice (incubation)
Quote:
These bat-like dragons are stout and make use of an impressive wingspan to wrap themselves during the day, incubating their bodies.

According to Google, incubate either means to hatch eggs or develop an infectious disease - I'm not too sure that the nocturnes are attempting to do either in this context.
(Please correct me if I'm wrong, this might be a metaphor or something)

Solution: Did you possibly mean insulating?

Problem: extra s (adapts and mimics)
Quote:
Nocturnes are a species that adapts and mimics dragons they are in close proximity with...

Self-explanatory (I hope) - adapt and mimic both have an s afterwards.

Solution/Possible Sentences:

- Nocturnes are a species that adapt and mimic dragons they are in close proximity with...

- The Nocturne species adapts and mimics dragons they are in close proximity with...

Problem: wrong article & another extra s (games)
Quote:
Their personalities and behaviors are passed from one individual to the next in an lengthy communal games of copycat.

Not only should the an be an a (an --> a), but there is an extra s here as well.

Solution/Possible Sentences:

One option is to remove the s and change the an...
fix-1 wrote:
"Their personalities and behaviors are passed from one individual to the next in a lengthy communal game of copycat."

...or to remove the an altogether.
fix-2 wrote:
"Their personalities and behaviors are passed from one individual to the next in lengthy communal games of copycat."

Hope this was easy enough to read & understand...
mTNec0b.png AD17I29.gif
[img]https://i.imgur.com/uCmjd8G.png[/img] Should be "Its" instead of "It's".
uCmjd8G.png

Should be "Its" instead of "It's".
giphy.gif
1 2 ... 168 169 170 171 172 ... 329 330