Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] Typos MEGATHREAD!
1 2 ... 144 145 146 147 148 ... 329 330
In Training Fields (at least), Moth became Mith [img]https://i.imgur.com/iEgYwHb.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/cyke1U6.png[/img] edit : at this time, leafy moth and amaranth moth have the right spelling edit 2 : same typo in familiar description & bestiary (didn't check for all of the name I had seen typos of in coli tho :v)
In Training Fields (at least), Moth became Mith

iEgYwHb.png

cyke1U6.png

edit : at this time, leafy moth and amaranth moth have the right spelling

edit 2 : same typo in familiar description & bestiary (didn't check for all of the name I had seen typos of in coli tho :v)
FR+10
He/They/It
Potato Wannabe
Art shop!
-
Raffle!
Wheeeewze ♥
63453886.png
AjJvOSR.png
kAoy8DA.png
wow this is a big one. i'm very passionate about the english language is all :^(
from the world map:
"The world of Flight Rising is broad, colorful and varied."
not EXACTLY a typo, but oxford commas save lives. highly recommend it be changed to "broad, colorful, and varied."

from the world map, in the hover-over for the Shifting Expanse:
"...changing the world to adapt to them, rather then adapting to the world."
should be than

in the hover-over for the Scarred Wasteland:
"They prefer to be as strong and adapatable as.."
should be adaptable

in the hover-over for the Tangled Wood:
"...and delight most in winning, even if it means underhandedly."
pretty sure this should say "even if it means doing so underhandedly."

Also the world map is riddled with inconsistencies, specifically:

sometimes "[element] dragons" is capitalized, and sometimes it isn't. like it says "The Wind Dragons of..." and then also "The water dragons of..."

"favored" and "favoured" are both used. both are right, but you gotta pick 1 and stick with it

and then it ALSO switches between "x, y, and z are their favored treasure." and "x, y, and z are their favored treasures." again, both are technically correct, but consistency pls

also from the Shifting Expanse's hover-over, the last sentence starts with "The copper wire..." Just sounds weird is all, considering every other region's description just lists the nouns without the "the" (barring the Scarred Wasteland, but that one is specifically the bones and armor of their enemies so that one's okay)

speaking of THE, the Sunbeam Ruins and Starfall Isles don't have a "The" in their headers. The Sea of a Thousand Currents doesn't either but there wasn't any room left in the box so I understand that one LOL, maybe just take the "The" out of all the other regions' headers? So it'll just be Shifting Expanse, Windswept Plateau, Starfall Isles, etc.
wow this is a big one. i'm very passionate about the english language is all :^(
from the world map:
"The world of Flight Rising is broad, colorful and varied."
not EXACTLY a typo, but oxford commas save lives. highly recommend it be changed to "broad, colorful, and varied."

from the world map, in the hover-over for the Shifting Expanse:
"...changing the world to adapt to them, rather then adapting to the world."
should be than

in the hover-over for the Scarred Wasteland:
"They prefer to be as strong and adapatable as.."
should be adaptable

in the hover-over for the Tangled Wood:
"...and delight most in winning, even if it means underhandedly."
pretty sure this should say "even if it means doing so underhandedly."

Also the world map is riddled with inconsistencies, specifically:

sometimes "[element] dragons" is capitalized, and sometimes it isn't. like it says "The Wind Dragons of..." and then also "The water dragons of..."

"favored" and "favoured" are both used. both are right, but you gotta pick 1 and stick with it

and then it ALSO switches between "x, y, and z are their favored treasure." and "x, y, and z are their favored treasures." again, both are technically correct, but consistency pls

also from the Shifting Expanse's hover-over, the last sentence starts with "The copper wire..." Just sounds weird is all, considering every other region's description just lists the nouns without the "the" (barring the Scarred Wasteland, but that one is specifically the bones and armor of their enemies so that one's okay)

speaking of THE, the Sunbeam Ruins and Starfall Isles don't have a "The" in their headers. The Sea of a Thousand Currents doesn't either but there wasn't any room left in the box so I understand that one LOL, maybe just take the "The" out of all the other regions' headers? So it'll just be Shifting Expanse, Windswept Plateau, Starfall Isles, etc.
Ruffled Serpent Ball Python Striped Monitor Corn Snake Conjoined Skink
@SpectralKitten that's not a typo, "Mith" is just the name of that bipedal moth-like species in this game actually! the Amaranth & Leafy Moths aren't bipedal, so they're just moths. :^)
@SpectralKitten that's not a typo, "Mith" is just the name of that bipedal moth-like species in this game actually! the Amaranth & Leafy Moths aren't bipedal, so they're just moths. :^)
Ruffled Serpent Ball Python Striped Monitor Corn Snake Conjoined Skink
@Keeye : weird, it seemed to me it was spelled moth before, my bad :')
@Keeye : weird, it seemed to me it was spelled moth before, my bad :')
FR+10
He/They/It
Potato Wannabe
Art shop!
-
Raffle!
Wheeeewze ♥
63453886.png
AjJvOSR.png
kAoy8DA.png
In Forum Etiquette I found these error:

In Before Posting title:

"If you have posted to our Help Center or Bug Reports forum and your issue is resolved, please don't change change your title or delete anything! Your thread may be able to help someone else with the same issue or question."

Was that suppose to be said two times? Not sure...
In Forum Etiquette I found these error:

In Before Posting title:

"If you have posted to our Help Center or Bug Reports forum and your issue is resolved, please don't change change your title or delete anything! Your thread may be able to help someone else with the same issue or question."

Was that suppose to be said two times? Not sure...
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/RFDbXO7.png[/img][/center] I'm not even sure what exactly the error is here, but this isn't really formated as a question? Is she mistakenly giving the answer away instead of saying "which wings" or something?
RFDbXO7.png
I'm not even sure what exactly the error is here, but this isn't really formated as a question? Is she mistakenly giving the answer away instead of saying "which wings" or something?
3e94Gpa.png MXmMK3p.png
Ping me to get
my attention in the forums, please!
MXmMK3p.png 4oO1RBo.png
I'm not sure this sentence is written as intended. [img]https://i.imgur.com/ieyXh2o.png[/img] Shouldn't that last part be 'before they're noticed!'? Many ppl commonly make the 'their, there, they're' mistake in usage. The wording here is confusing at best with 'their notices'. Did you mean '[i][b]they [/b][b]are [/b]noticed[/i]' which would be shortened to '[b]they're[/b] [i]noticed[/i]'? Or is it referring to the gods of the dragons, which would make the final part 'theirs notice' as a collective reaction, instead of 'notices' which is a singular entity's reaction? Sorry if I'm wording this weirdly.
I'm not sure this sentence is written as intended.

ieyXh2o.png

Shouldn't that last part be 'before they're noticed!'? Many ppl commonly make the 'their, there, they're' mistake in usage. The wording here is confusing at best with 'their notices'.

Did you mean 'they are noticed' which would be shortened to 'they're noticed'? Or is it referring to the gods of the dragons, which would make the final part 'theirs notice' as a collective reaction, instead of 'notices' which is a singular entity's reaction?

Sorry if I'm wording this weirdly.
[item=Electrician's Crown] has a missing period in the description. "A glorious crown awarded to dragons who have shown good leadership while visiting the Shifting Expanse (Thundercrack Carnivale Holiday Item 2015.)" In all the other festival items I have there is a period at the end of the sentence before the festival name and year in the brackets, so it would be like this. "A glorious crown awarded to dragons who have shown good leadership while visiting the Shifting Expanse[b].[/b] (Thundercrack Carnivale Holiday Item 2015.)" Edit: I just checked my Druidic Crown and the same error occurs. [item=Druidic Crown]
Electrician's Crown has a missing period in the description.

"A glorious crown awarded to dragons who have shown good leadership while visiting the Shifting Expanse (Thundercrack Carnivale Holiday Item 2015.)"

In all the other festival items I have there is a period at the end of the sentence before the festival name and year in the brackets, so it would be like this.

"A glorious crown awarded to dragons who have shown good leadership while visiting the Shifting Expanse. (Thundercrack Carnivale Holiday Item 2015.)"

Edit: I just checked my Druidic Crown and the same error occurs.
Druidic Crown
faxrqz.jpg
[quote=Tomo][b]The stripes along this gecko's hide become bio-luminescent when it senses danger. Not nature's proudest moment, there.[/b] Falo's Gecko Cave Gecko Subterranean Gecko Glowfin Gecko[/quote] According to Tomo, no answer is correct.
Tomo wrote:
The stripes along this gecko's hide become bio-luminescent when it senses danger. Not nature's proudest moment, there.

Falo's Gecko

Cave Gecko

Subterranean Gecko

Glowfin Gecko

According to Tomo, no answer is correct.
Live today. Don’t wait for tomorrow.
sz13nwR.png
untitled_by_someoneanrgything-dbxcqk7.png
@AvecPardon i think it's supposed to be "theirs notices" as in "their god notices"

@Relics that kind of error can usually be solved by clearing your cache. i have answered that question a few times before, it's not one of the bugged ones

@Denial it seems correct to me? she's asking the name of the kickstarter pack which rewarded its backers with those items. it was the cloudy pack (kickstarter page)
@AvecPardon i think it's supposed to be "theirs notices" as in "their god notices"

@Relics that kind of error can usually be solved by clearing your cache. i have answered that question a few times before, it's not one of the bugged ones

@Denial it seems correct to me? she's asking the name of the kickstarter pack which rewarded its backers with those items. it was the cloudy pack (kickstarter page)
fzww6al.png
1 2 ... 144 145 146 147 148 ... 329 330