Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] Typos MEGATHREAD!
1 2 ... 121 122 123 124 125 ... 329 330
@Elvende @ParasiticHeart

"The dragon leather it's held together with is molding and smells awful."
As far as I understand the sentence the main sentence is:
"The dragon leather is molding and smells awful."
and the
"it's held together with"
is just a poorly inserted descriptive what leather is meant.

I agree though: if you read the sentence it's difficult to understand.

I don't know if I feel more familiar with this kind of structure as I'm not a native speaker and strangly inserted descriptive parts aren't that uncommon in German
@Elvende @ParasiticHeart

"The dragon leather it's held together with is molding and smells awful."
As far as I understand the sentence the main sentence is:
"The dragon leather is molding and smells awful."
and the
"it's held together with"
is just a poorly inserted descriptive what leather is meant.

I agree though: if you read the sentence it's difficult to understand.

I don't know if I feel more familiar with this kind of structure as I'm not a native speaker and strangly inserted descriptive parts aren't that uncommon in German
@MiniDrachin

it is almost a non-reality in English as properly sentence structure is held as very important by almost all English Teachers, or at least the ones, I have had experience within my entire life.

Native English speakers (At least at Higher level in specifically the Irish education system.) are taught to keep writing clean of such errors and mistakes.

There are many ways to fix this sentence. But anyone of these fixes will do, it just doesn't work in it's current state.

It could even be improved on with some descriptive words like the following.

"The Dragon Leather of the effigy is being held together by a sticky mold which smells rather sickening"

But that is not entirely necessary, I just think it would make the description flow better and stand out more.
@MiniDrachin

it is almost a non-reality in English as properly sentence structure is held as very important by almost all English Teachers, or at least the ones, I have had experience within my entire life.

Native English speakers (At least at Higher level in specifically the Irish education system.) are taught to keep writing clean of such errors and mistakes.

There are many ways to fix this sentence. But anyone of these fixes will do, it just doesn't work in it's current state.

It could even be improved on with some descriptive words like the following.

"The Dragon Leather of the effigy is being held together by a sticky mold which smells rather sickening"

But that is not entirely necessary, I just think it would make the description flow better and stand out more.
tumblr_oxhc07hb7Q1w63o3ro1_540.png
@ParasiticHeart
The tooltip is trying to get across:
"The dragon leather it is held together with is molding and smells awful."

As in, it is being held together by dragon leather that's molding and smells awful. Not that the dragon leather itself is held together by its smelly mold.
The sentence is in all senses 100% correct, but it is confusing, as you have pointed out.

The whole tooltip reads:
"A crudely-fashioned doll that resembles the Plaugebringer. The dragon leather it's held together with is molding and smells awful."

In order to be more clear, I think the correct route would be:
"It's held together with moldy and awful-smelling dragon leather."
Or
"It's made of moldy and awful-smelling dragon leather."
Or
"It's held together with dragon leather that's molding and smells awful."
@ParasiticHeart

As in, it is being held together by dragon leather that's molding and smells awful. Not that the dragon leather itself is held together by its smelly mold.
The sentence is in all senses 100% correct, but it is confusing, as you have pointed out.

The whole tooltip reads:
"A crudely-fashioned doll that resembles the Plaugebringer. The dragon leather it's held together with is molding and smells awful."

Or
Or
AScq6qj.png
Animation + More!!! Art Sales
Wishlist || SnowyBlink Adopt Shop
Blep Bean Adopt Shop || Lore-Building Challenge!
Official Ice Subspecies Organizer!
It's AlyxSandre, not Alyxandre!
[quote name="Alyxsandre" date=2017-10-20 11:01:34] @ParasiticHeart The tooltip is trying to get across: "The dragon leather it is held together with is molding and smells awful." As in, it is being held together by dragon leather that's molding and smells awful. Not that the dragon leather itself is held together by its smelly mold. The sentence is in all senses 100% correct, but it is confusing, as you have pointed out. The whole tooltip reads: "A crudely-fashioned doll that resembles the Plaugebringer. The dragon leather it's held together with is molding and smells awful." In order to be more clear, I think the correct route would be: "It's held together with moldy and awful-smelling dragon leather." Or "It's made of moldy and awful-smelling dragon leather." Or "It's held together with dragon leather that's molding and smells awful." [/quote] Holy arcane bobbles, I just realized that.... I read that sentence at least 20 times and still couldn't see what people meant when they said it was "100% correct". See, I guess my brain is trained to read things in a certain way and the phrasing used to construct the sentence obviously flew right over my head. Even when you mentioned what you did above, it took me another couple minutes of thinking to realize and understand what people were saying. Man, I look like such an arrogant fool now, I apologize. It totally flew over my head probably in due in part to all the additional work I have been doing recently at School and also due to how I read things in general. My finest apologies...
Alyxsandre wrote on 2017-10-20:
@ParasiticHeart

The whole tooltip reads:

Or
Or

Holy arcane bobbles, I just realized that....

I read that sentence at least 20 times and still couldn't see what people meant when they said it was "100% correct".

See, I guess my brain is trained to read things in a certain way and the phrasing used to construct the sentence obviously flew right over my head.

Even when you mentioned what you did above, it took me another couple minutes of thinking to realize and understand what people were saying.

Man, I look like such an arrogant fool now, I apologize.

It totally flew over my head probably in due in part to all the additional work I have been doing recently at School and also due to how I read things in general.

My finest apologies...
tumblr_oxhc07hb7Q1w63o3ro1_540.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/yFxuI8D.png[/img][/center] This is incorrect - Runestones of the Arcanist contains 11 flight runes and [b]13[/b] dragon-related runes: [i]1. Blood, 2. Chaos 3. Clan 4. Cloud 5. Life 6. Metal 7. Mind 8. Pillar 9. Spiral 10. Spirit 11. Time 12. Truth 13. Venom[/i]
yFxuI8D.png

This is incorrect - Runestones of the Arcanist contains 11 flight runes and 13 dragon-related runes: 1. Blood, 2. Chaos 3. Clan 4. Cloud 5. Life 6. Metal 7. Mind 8. Pillar 9. Spiral 10. Spirit 11. Time 12. Truth 13. Venom
uPXdQfI.png
[img]https://imagr.eu/up/CYMqa_20171021_105641.png[/img]
CYMqa_20171021_105641.png

[item=treasured planter] This item has a grammar mistake. Its tooltip is "The problem with hiding your wealth is that sometimes you forget where [i]its[/i] buried..." "Its" should have an apostrophe and be changed to "it's", making the tooltip say this: "The problem with hiding your wealth is that sometimes you forget where [i]it's[/i] buried..."
Treasured Planter
This item has a grammar mistake. Its tooltip is "The problem with hiding your wealth is that sometimes you forget where its buried..." "Its" should have an apostrophe and be changed to "it's", making the tooltip say this: "The problem with hiding your wealth is that sometimes you forget where it's buried..."
UOO8oB4.png
KdJtVsv.png
Rw7uKRS.png
mlHpBMC.png
@ParasiticHeart
Reading over the comments I was so so super confused with the point you were trying to get across! But oml, after being in ap english classes I comletely get it, sometimes I forget to look at combined words as both words on their own <3 I'm sure you didn't upset anyone so no need to be sorry I'd assume !
@ParasiticHeart
Reading over the comments I was so so super confused with the point you were trying to get across! But oml, after being in ap english classes I comletely get it, sometimes I forget to look at combined words as both words on their own <3 I'm sure you didn't upset anyone so no need to be sorry I'd assume !
[item=Moonlight Lace Coffer][item=Pastel Lace Coffer] “A bundle containing all eight pieces of the [b]Moonlight Lace[/b] set. A savings of 10%!” “A bundle containing all eight pieces of the [b]Pastel Lace[/b] set. A savings of 10%!” [item=Shattered Reading Spectacles] Shouldn’t it say broken beyond repair, rather than beyond repair? [item=Forgotten Poet's Tools] I don’t think you need that apostrophe there. [item=Phytocat Toy] “It's important to play with your familiars [b]for [/b]at least fifteen minutes every day.”
Moonlight Lace Coffer Pastel Lace Coffer
“A bundle containing all eight pieces of the Moonlight Lace set. A savings of 10%!”
“A bundle containing all eight pieces of the Pastel Lace set. A savings of 10%!”

Shattered Reading Spectacles
Shouldn’t it say broken beyond repair, rather than beyond repair?

Forgotten Poet's Tools
I don’t think you need that apostrophe there.

Phytocat Toy
“It's important to play with your familiars for at least fifteen minutes every day.”
0gldo0m.png
[img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/1275/f/2017/295/6/c/typooo_by_rahkali-dbrdfqq.png[/img] "...why are you still here? If you love looking at the [b]the[/b] Skin: Angler so much..." It probably shouldn't have two "the" in there :3
typooo_by_rahkali-dbrdfqq.png

"...why are you still here? If you love looking at the the Skin: Angler so much..."

It probably shouldn't have two "the" in there :3
**Please ping me Rahkali, not Rakhali!**

xxxxxx xxx xxxxx xxx xxxxxx xxxx x xxxxx xxxx x x xxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxx
z0HlerP.png
1 2 ... 121 122 123 124 125 ... 329 330