Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] Typos MEGATHREAD!
1 2 ... 107 108 109 110 111 ... 329 330
[item=Kelpie] I don't know if I'm just being overly picky, but something about the description of the kelpie looks wrong to me. I think it should say: 'Most dragons are too large to practically ride a kelpie, and as such [b]they[/b] are regarded as allies, not prey.' I could just be reading it wrong, though.
Kelpie

I don't know if I'm just being overly picky, but something about the description of the kelpie looks wrong to me. I think it should say:

'Most dragons are too large to practically ride a kelpie, and as such they are regarded as allies, not prey.'

I could just be reading it wrong, though.
plagueshieldr.pngwpEE9mo.pngplagueshieldl.png
@Saeginko [quote name="Saeginko" date=2017-05-21 19:26:08] [item=Kelpie] I don't know if I'm just being overly picky, but something about the description of the kelpie looks wrong to me. I think it should say: 'Most dragons are too large to practically ride a kelpie, and as such [b]they[/b] are regarded as allies, not prey.' I could just be reading it wrong, though. [/quote]I think the sentence is right. 'Most dragons are too large to practically ride a kelpie, and as such are regarded as allies, not prey.' Recording to a dictionary, 'such' can be used as a pronoun, too, which might be the case here.I'd more think 'such' could be changed to 'they', which isn't necesary though... I guess.
@Saeginko
Saeginko wrote on 2017-05-21:
Kelpie

I don't know if I'm just being overly picky, but something about the description of the kelpie looks wrong to me. I think it should say:

'Most dragons are too large to practically ride a kelpie, and as such they are regarded as allies, not prey.'

I think the sentence is right.
'Most dragons are too large to practically ride a kelpie, and as such are regarded as allies, not prey.'
Recording to a dictionary, 'such' can be used as a pronoun, too, which might be the case here.I'd more think 'such' could be changed to 'they', which isn't necesary though... I guess.
50316481p.png
FR +9 G1 collector Wishlist AvatarAdoptables
[item=Unfinished Painting] "its not unfinished" should be "it's not unfinished".
Unfinished Painting

"its not unfinished" should be "it's not unfinished".
st1ngray.pngNU2UeSt.png
@BraveEguana

True, it does look reasonably okay without the 'they' involved. It's entirely possible that it could just be my nitpicking for writing coming into play, for all I know. XD
@BraveEguana

True, it does look reasonably okay without the 'they' involved. It's entirely possible that it could just be my nitpicking for writing coming into play, for all I know. XD
plagueshieldr.pngwpEE9mo.pngplagueshieldl.png
@BraveEguana @Saeginko I actually think Saeginko's original opinion is partially correct. [quote name="Saeginko" date=2017-05-21 19:26:08] [item=Kelpie] I don't know if I'm just being overly picky, but something about the description of the kelpie looks wrong to me. I think it should say: 'Most dragons are too large to practically ride a kelpie, and as such [b]they[/b] are regarded as allies, not prey.' I could just be reading it wrong, though. [/quote] The original subject of the sentence is "dragons," but after the comma, the subject shifts to kelpies. However, because the last subject of the sentence was "dragons" it should say "and as such [b]kelpies[/b] are regarded as allies, not prey." This is because regardless of whether you use they or keep the original sentence structure, you would technically be talking about DRAGONS being regarded as allies instead of prey.
@BraveEguana @Saeginko
I actually think Saeginko's original opinion is partially correct.
Saeginko wrote on 2017-05-21:
Kelpie

The original subject of the sentence is "dragons," but after the comma, the subject shifts to kelpies. However, because the last subject of the sentence was "dragons" it should say "and as such kelpies are regarded as allies, not prey."
This is because regardless of whether you use they or keep the original sentence structure, you would technically be talking about DRAGONS being regarded as allies instead of prey.
xpF3T3u.png oKZx0K4.png Sales Thread

Dragons Wanted Thread
eZ5CPeG.gif
In the trivia question about which dragon is always present at the swap stand, it says "Swapp Stand," and I'm pretty sure that's not right?
In the trivia question about which dragon is always present at the swap stand, it says "Swapp Stand," and I'm pretty sure that's not right?
kinda nit-picky, but [item=molten wartoad] in the tooltip, it says "magma armor", but magma is actually called lava once it reaches the surface, so while "magma armor" does sound cool, it's kinda incorrect. It should be "lava armor".
kinda nit-picky, but
Molten Wartoad
in the tooltip, it says "magma armor", but magma is actually called lava once it reaches the surface, so while "magma armor" does sound cool, it's kinda incorrect. It should be "lava armor".
348a58bed57a6e78ddac805e55142143f489c2ca.png
[img]http://i.imgur.com/eUuS2AQ.png[/img] Tomo says that "[b]a dragon[/b]" and later says "[b]now they are[/b]" Using [b]a[/b] implies that it is singular a and using [b]they[/b] implies plural so either [b]a [/b] should be changed to [b]some[/b] or [b]they[/b] should be changed to [b]he[/b] or [b]she[/b] If that is not the case, well then, screw pronouns! No hate! [img]https://turboportal.ru/uploads/posts/2013-12/thumbs/1388299332__.jpeg[/img]
eUuS2AQ.png
Tomo says that "a dragon" and later says "now they are"

Using a implies that it is singular a and using they implies plural

so either a should be changed to some

or they should be changed to he or she

If that is not the case, well then, screw pronouns!

No hate!

1388299332__.jpeg
attempting-to-give-a-damn.gif The Swifts shall Survive!!! RIP:Boolean a great familiar...
Screenshot_2016-10-09_at_5.53.30_PM.png570.gif Boolean courier_pearl.gif
On Auction or forum: [item=Sköll] But true names is: [u][b]Sköll[/b][/u] and it's works in dragon bio! (eg. wishlist in sygnature)
On Auction or forum:

But true names is:
Sköll
and it's works in dragon bio! (eg. wishlist in sygnature)
+8h, She
Light Flight
Familiars Wishlist
___ Iz0e2b4.png
Old links:
Try clean lair!
old fest:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ibaz/2266216
Sell FV and CS
FkAu8Li.pngibewym8.png22aOvgY.gifCkwvckv.pngcrxTv4c.pngcrxTv4c.pngcrxTv4c.pngFkAu8Li.png
- Sleeping Dragon Adopt?
In the Encyclopedia's page for Coatls, under Lairs, it says "Ashfall waste". Shouldn't it be "Ashfall Waste" because it's a proper noun? I didn't have time to check this entire thread so I apologize if someone has mentioned this error before.
In the Encyclopedia's page for Coatls, under Lairs, it says "Ashfall waste". Shouldn't it be "Ashfall Waste" because it's a proper noun? I didn't have time to check this entire thread so I apologize if someone has mentioned this error before.
I like, but don't play, Overwatch and Undertale. FR +15

Lore shop: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2268248
1 2 ... 107 108 109 110 111 ... 329 330