Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Persistent McAfee alerts
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
been having this on a s7 galaxy and I cannot figure out how to uninstall this Mcaffe thing which I never installed myself less its somehow a plugin on chrome for phone?
been having this on a s7 galaxy and I cannot figure out how to uninstall this Mcaffe thing which I never installed myself less its somehow a plugin on chrome for phone?
Looking for furry art? Custom Ponies? Hit me up!
[quote name="Hawkfeather" date="2019-04-28 12:26:28" ] But paired with the "something broke" outage, it's worrisome. [/quote] @Hawkfeather, the unscheduled outage is unrelated to the reports in this thread. We're looking into this. In the past, alerts like the reported ones have been due to a false-positive or a quarantined image hosting site. That being said, we're investigating. What we need from players: [list][*]Links to the pages giving these warnings [*]Device type [*]Anti-virus/malware program [*]Approximate time/date[/list] Thank you!
Hawkfeather wrote on 2019-04-28 12:26:28:
But paired with the "something broke" outage, it's worrisome.

@Hawkfeather, the unscheduled outage is unrelated to the reports in this thread.

We're looking into this. In the past, alerts like the reported ones have been due to a false-positive or a quarantined image hosting site. That being said, we're investigating. What we need from players:
  • Links to the pages giving these warnings
  • Device type
  • Anti-virus/malware program
  • Approximate time/date

Thank you!
@Aequorin
Thank you! The timing of everything was troubling, so I very much appreciate the reassurance!

And just to have everything in one place:
  • Can't grab links easily due to the blocking, but I complied a list earlier in the thread here. It's probably not all of em but it's what I could tell from going down the sidebar.
  • I'm on a laptop, windows 10, using latest version of chrome
  • Antivirus is McAfee WebAdvisor
  • Is still occurring as of this post
@Aequorin
Thank you! The timing of everything was troubling, so I very much appreciate the reassurance!

And just to have everything in one place:
  • Can't grab links easily due to the blocking, but I complied a list earlier in the thread here. It's probably not all of em but it's what I could tell from going down the sidebar.
  • I'm on a laptop, windows 10, using latest version of chrome
  • Antivirus is McAfee WebAdvisor
  • Is still occurring as of this post
Wua5ROf.png
@Aequorin

like hawkfeather says http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/2672867/1#post_38720980 with the thread pages acting up

I am on a desktop windows 10, latest chrome

Antivirus is McAfee WebAdvisor

Time it first started was around 7-7:30 4/28/2019
@Aequorin

like hawkfeather says http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/2672867/1#post_38720980 with the thread pages acting up

I am on a desktop windows 10, latest chrome

Antivirus is McAfee WebAdvisor

Time it first started was around 7-7:30 4/28/2019
untitled_drawing_by_weneedagyro-dd1b1ku.png
@Aequorin

as @/Hawkfeather has gathered, http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/2672867/1#post_38720980
these pages are blocked.

laptop, mac iOS Mojave v10.14.3, latest version of chrome

antivirus is McAfee Total Protection v4.2.0.0, using chrome extension McAfee SiteAdvisor for mac v1.0.0.6

first noticed the issue @ around April 27, 2019 13:51:56, and it persists to the time of this post.
@Aequorin

as @/Hawkfeather has gathered, http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/2672867/1#post_38720980
these pages are blocked.

laptop, mac iOS Mojave v10.14.3, latest version of chrome

antivirus is McAfee Total Protection v4.2.0.0, using chrome extension McAfee SiteAdvisor for mac v1.0.0.6

first noticed the issue @ around April 27, 2019 13:51:56, and it persists to the time of this post.
xxxxxxxxxxxx what did you honestly expect to find here? xxxxxxxxxxxx
tumblr_inline_nxzvqj33Dj1tnp410_100.png
@Aequorin

I have been experiencing blockages on the pages detailed here. I have also been getting false positives on the home page itself at first, but those seemed to have gone away.

I am on a laptop on Window 10 Google Chrome.

The type of antivirus I have is McAfee LiveSafe and the standard Window 10 Virus Protection that comes with all Windows 10. Only McAfee is acting up.

I first began having the issue on April 27th, 2019. I can't recall the exact time, but it was around 14:00:00 since I had tried turning to the bug reports subforum first to see if anyone else is getting their antivirus set off.
@Aequorin

I have been experiencing blockages on the pages detailed here. I have also been getting false positives on the home page itself at first, but those seemed to have gone away.

I am on a laptop on Window 10 Google Chrome.

The type of antivirus I have is McAfee LiveSafe and the standard Window 10 Virus Protection that comes with all Windows 10. Only McAfee is acting up.

I first began having the issue on April 27th, 2019. I can't recall the exact time, but it was around 14:00:00 since I had tried turning to the bug reports subforum first to see if anyone else is getting their antivirus set off.
o9Cn4yA.gifxpxalNl.gif4mo3Cj1.gif
@Hawkfeather:
Another one you can add to your list is it shows up on Tomo's Trivia.

Using a laptop with latest version of Firefox on Windows 10.
I don't get any of these messages when using it with my phone though.
@Hawkfeather:
Another one you can add to your list is it shows up on Tomo's Trivia.

Using a laptop with latest version of Firefox on Windows 10.
I don't get any of these messages when using it with my phone though.
Hello all,

Just to provide an update: after some more investigation, we still believe that the reason we are being (partially) blocked by McAfee SiteAdvisor is due to a false positive. We are not currently experiencing issues with any other similar detection engines. We will be submitting a request to McAfee to review the block. It may take some time (we expect at least a few days) for them to review and approve the request.

Thank you all for your reports and assistance in narrowing down this issue, as well as your patience while we work to resolve this!
Hello all,

Just to provide an update: after some more investigation, we still believe that the reason we are being (partially) blocked by McAfee SiteAdvisor is due to a false positive. We are not currently experiencing issues with any other similar detection engines. We will be submitting a request to McAfee to review the block. It may take some time (we expect at least a few days) for them to review and approve the request.

Thank you all for your reports and assistance in narrowing down this issue, as well as your patience while we work to resolve this!
Flight Rising Engineering Team

Flight Rising Knowledge Base
Flight Rising Rules & Policies
Bummer. McAfee is hot garbage that comes pre-installed on every thing.
Bummer. McAfee is hot garbage that comes pre-installed on every thing.
zfTVkus.gifnpBGP6c.gif 9KurPRs.png felixv2_by_nhlo-dc29jdc.gif
iPjVHHa.png
If you have computer/IT questions or problems, PM me! I work on computers and enjoy helping others.
I cannot believe it took me more than 10 years to realise it's McAfee and not *******
I cannot believe it took me more than 10 years to realise it's McAfee and not *******
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9