Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Persistent McAfee alerts
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@NeonDino

Wait what??????? What virus???
@NeonDino

Untitled186.png She/her
[quote name="@TheRootbeerQueen" date="2019-04-28 11:10:46" ] @/NeonDino Wait what??????? What virus??? [/quote] yes unnaturally i guess[emoji=coatl sad] my mobile system hanged when visited my lair happened after underfield "/" bug
@TheRootbeerQueen wrote on 2019-04-28 11:10:46:
@/NeonDino

yes unnaturally i guess

my mobile system hanged when visited my lair

happened after underfield "/" bug
He/They
@NeonDino

What do you mean 'unnaturally'? Can you explain what happened so I know what to look out for? I don't know what the underfeild "/" bug is
@NeonDino

What do you mean 'unnaturally'? Can you explain what happened so I know what to look out for? I don't know what the underfeild "/" bug is
Untitled186.png She/her
@TheRootbeerQueen

Sorry if I'm not very good at english.

That bug happened yesterday
@TheRootbeerQueen

Sorry if I'm not very good at english.

That bug happened yesterday
He/They
@NeonDino

No you're totally fine, I'm sorry. I just get confused often XD

Ohhh, okay. I'll warn others to stay away for a bit.
@NeonDino

No you're totally fine, I'm sorry. I just get confused often XD

Ohhh, okay. I'll warn others to stay away for a bit.
Untitled186.png She/her
@TheRootbeerQueen

FR went down unexpectedly for a little while yesterday. The only thing we users are aware of was that the site was inaccessible at that time.

Although, FR did go on it's social media platforms to warn users and let them know they were aware. We weren't told what went wrong I don't think.

FR doesn't have a virus or anything, to my knowledge. So going on the site should be safe enough. However, ads have been a problem for a while now. Mostly for Mobile users. It looks like some bad ones might have gotten through on PC though as well, given the other posts in this thread.

So while FR itself shouldn't be giving anyone a virus, the ads potentially could potentially goof your stuff - especially if they're redirecting you to other places. If this is happening then it's usually recommended to report it in the Advertisement Report Thread (stickied to the top of FRD) and to turn on an Ad blocker until the issue is resolved - if it's something you're comfortable with.
@TheRootbeerQueen

FR went down unexpectedly for a little while yesterday. The only thing we users are aware of was that the site was inaccessible at that time.

Although, FR did go on it's social media platforms to warn users and let them know they were aware. We weren't told what went wrong I don't think.

FR doesn't have a virus or anything, to my knowledge. So going on the site should be safe enough. However, ads have been a problem for a while now. Mostly for Mobile users. It looks like some bad ones might have gotten through on PC though as well, given the other posts in this thread.

So while FR itself shouldn't be giving anyone a virus, the ads potentially could potentially goof your stuff - especially if they're redirecting you to other places. If this is happening then it's usually recommended to report it in the Advertisement Report Thread (stickied to the top of FRD) and to turn on an Ad blocker until the issue is resolved - if it's something you're comfortable with.
IT7iTv8.png
@AlphaSobek
I don't think a particular ad is the reason antivirus programs are blocking parts of the site. It still happens with an ad blocker on, and it seems to always happen for everyone on the same fr pages. I could be wrong of course, but that doesn't seem like the behavior you would expect when every fr page has ads and ads rotate through their selection.

The antivirus programs report that the blocked pages aren't as secure as they should be. So my personal concern is that when something broke and caused the outage, it may have opened a vulnerability on certain pages (and that vulnerability itself could be the reason malicious ads are now able to affect people?). I trust flight rising, but considering this immediately followed an outage issue, there's a non-zero chance something might be wrong. If this had happened randomly I'd probably write it off as the antivirus being dumb. But paired with the "something broke" outage, it's worrisome.
@AlphaSobek
I don't think a particular ad is the reason antivirus programs are blocking parts of the site. It still happens with an ad blocker on, and it seems to always happen for everyone on the same fr pages. I could be wrong of course, but that doesn't seem like the behavior you would expect when every fr page has ads and ads rotate through their selection.

The antivirus programs report that the blocked pages aren't as secure as they should be. So my personal concern is that when something broke and caused the outage, it may have opened a vulnerability on certain pages (and that vulnerability itself could be the reason malicious ads are now able to affect people?). I trust flight rising, but considering this immediately followed an outage issue, there's a non-zero chance something might be wrong. If this had happened randomly I'd probably write it off as the antivirus being dumb. But paired with the "something broke" outage, it's worrisome.
Wua5ROf.png
@Hawkfeather

I was referencing the conversation between @/TheRootbeerQueen and @/NeonDino because there was some confusion going on.

Where Neon mentioned the site itself had a virus. I was just tossing out that from all we're aware the site itself doesn't have a virus on it and you shouldn't have to avoid the whole site.

While I agree that there may be things going on, considering it's ONLY the one antivirus going off (and that antivirus is known to give off false reports) I'm more on the fence about FR itself actually having a bonified virus in it's coding.

Again it was more to quell the idea that FR is to be avoided and that we probably shouldn't be 'warning people to stay away' or anything like that atm.

The ad stuff was for the redirects to the ad pages that are saying stuff like "you've got a virus - click here to scan" stuff that's going on in other threads (briefly mentioned on another page of this one) - which is most certainly a bad ad and not FR itself's doing.
@Hawkfeather

I was referencing the conversation between @/TheRootbeerQueen and @/NeonDino because there was some confusion going on.

Where Neon mentioned the site itself had a virus. I was just tossing out that from all we're aware the site itself doesn't have a virus on it and you shouldn't have to avoid the whole site.

While I agree that there may be things going on, considering it's ONLY the one antivirus going off (and that antivirus is known to give off false reports) I'm more on the fence about FR itself actually having a bonified virus in it's coding.

Again it was more to quell the idea that FR is to be avoided and that we probably shouldn't be 'warning people to stay away' or anything like that atm.

The ad stuff was for the redirects to the ad pages that are saying stuff like "you've got a virus - click here to scan" stuff that's going on in other threads (briefly mentioned on another page of this one) - which is most certainly a bad ad and not FR itself's doing.
IT7iTv8.png
@AlphaSobek
Nah, I gotcha. And sorry for jumping in. I don't think there's a virus in flight rising's code or anything either, I'm just more concerned the outage broke something and left a potential security hole. That's all I was trying to get at- that the ads might be a side effect and not the cause, so people should just use their judgement and caution to whatever level they see fit.
@AlphaSobek
Nah, I gotcha. And sorry for jumping in. I don't think there's a virus in flight rising's code or anything either, I'm just more concerned the outage broke something and left a potential security hole. That's all I was trying to get at- that the ads might be a side effect and not the cause, so people should just use their judgement and caution to whatever level they see fit.
Wua5ROf.png
I've been having this issue too on android mobile. Ended up tossing caution to the wind and turning off the McAfee web security on the phone.

No pops up since!
I've been having this issue too on android mobile. Ended up tossing caution to the wind and turning off the McAfee web security on the phone.

No pops up since!
A game I play while waiting
Pinging me? Don't forget the numbers!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9