Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Familiars vs Items
[center][item=Luminous Sundrapes] Take a look at this, peoples of the world. This special thing is an [b]item,[/b] according to its description. ----- [item=Spirit of Wind] Notice this specimen, too. It states that it is a [b]familiar[/b] in its description. ----- [item=Luminous Ambassador] Then notice this fine specimen here. This, my friend, is an [b]item.[/b] ----- [item=Voltaic Ambassador] [item=Spellwrought Ambassador] These are the friends of the one above. They are also [b]items.[/b] ----- [item=Contaminated Ambassador] ...but this one isn't special at all. This is nothing. ----- I think there have been fewer familiars in these festivals. ----- [size=2](This is probably supposed to go on typos but this one [i]really[/i] annoys me and there are, like, 20+ pages on there of unfixed typos on there. Is that thread dead?)[/size]
Luminous Sundrapes

Take a look at this, peoples of the world. This special thing is an item, according to its description.

Spirit of Wind

Notice this specimen, too. It states that it is a familiar in its description.

Luminous Ambassador

Then notice this fine specimen here. This, my friend, is an item.

Voltaic Ambassador Spellwrought Ambassador

These are the friends of the one above. They are also items.

Contaminated Ambassador

...but this one isn't special at all. This is nothing.

I think there have been fewer familiars in these festivals.

(This is probably supposed to go on typos but this one really annoys me and there are, like, 20+ pages on there of unfixed typos on there. Is that thread dead?)
mTNec0b.png AD17I29.gif
@WillowWolfie

If I'm not mistaken Undel was the one taking care of most of the typos. Or at least the last admin/dev to fix any. With her back injury as well as all the other (more important) things going on with the site the past couple of months the typos are probably just on the backburner until A) Undel recovers and B) The major issues/releases get dealt with

Edit: Also, after going through a few pages. Some typos are steadily being fixed without any word from admins. It's possible it's ones they noticed immediately after the release of the item and therefore, easier to fix at the time but it's something
@WillowWolfie

If I'm not mistaken Undel was the one taking care of most of the typos. Or at least the last admin/dev to fix any. With her back injury as well as all the other (more important) things going on with the site the past couple of months the typos are probably just on the backburner until A) Undel recovers and B) The major issues/releases get dealt with

Edit: Also, after going through a few pages. Some typos are steadily being fixed without any word from admins. It's possible it's ones they noticed immediately after the release of the item and therefore, easier to fix at the time but it's something
IT7iTv8.png
What on earth are you even on about? The familiars are classified as familiars in their tooltips.
What on earth are you even on about? The familiars are classified as familiars in their tooltips.
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
@SeaCrest OP is talking about how some of the familiars have "... holiday item" in the tooltip and others have "... holiday familiar". honestly it took me a while to get it too, the post isn't very clear
@SeaCrest OP is talking about how some of the familiars have "... holiday item" in the tooltip and others have "... holiday familiar". honestly it took me a while to get it too, the post isn't very clear
fzww6al.png
@chatoyant

Ah, thank you!
@chatoyant

Ah, thank you!
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
@AlphaSobek

...I think I've been lying under a rock somewhere. Thanks for the info.
@AlphaSobek

...I think I've been lying under a rock somewhere. Thanks for the info.
mTNec0b.png AD17I29.gif