Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Has the site slowed down for anyone else
1 2
All of a sudden, pages seem to be loading a lot more slowly than usual. It could just be my internet connection, but then again, Starfall did just begin, so I thought I'd ask the forums just in case.
All of a sudden, pages seem to be loading a lot more slowly than usual. It could just be my internet connection, but then again, Starfall did just begin, so I thought I'd ask the forums just in case.
FR Time +3 | He/Him | I can be pretty strange at times
Yes for me too.

The coli is the worst. Hoping it's just everyone starting up.
Yes for me too.

The coli is the worst. Hoping it's just everyone starting up.
In a world where you can be anything... Be nice.
Yeah, it's quite a bit slowed down on my end as well. Pages and images in general are taking much longer than usual to fully load in
Yeah, it's quite a bit slowed down on my end as well. Pages and images in general are taking much longer than usual to fully load in
light.pngPawBorough_Signature_Resize.pngiceshade.png
Same here. The site has been unusually slow -- even for a fest!
Same here. The site has been unusually slow -- even for a fest!
b6f3d4ea76e68d8090de5809afe1f0105cf2c98e.pngoYfCraJ.png0HxJjfZ.gif TAzcwMk.gif
Coli wouldn't load at all for me earlier today, and fairgrounds dropped the connection more than once and lagged several times.

I realized I should give details.

Windows 7 on a laptop, running the latest Chrome wirelessly off cable internet. I have Norton antivirus..
Coli wouldn't load at all for me earlier today, and fairgrounds dropped the connection more than once and lagged several times.

I realized I should give details.

Windows 7 on a laptop, running the latest Chrome wirelessly off cable internet. I have Norton antivirus..
Coli has started slowing my whole browser to a crawl. Not sure if it's related, but it sure is making it hard to level anything.
Coli has started slowing my whole browser to a crawl. Not sure if it's related, but it sure is making it hard to level anything.
tumblr_p9ez19SaUs1u2pujao1_500.gif
I thought it was only me, glad to see others having the same problem.

My Google Chrome updated about a week ago, and ever since FR has been dragging for me, I made sure nothing was blocked on the site, but still slow :(
I thought it was only me, glad to see others having the same problem.

My Google Chrome updated about a week ago, and ever since FR has been dragging for me, I made sure nothing was blocked on the site, but still slow :(
So, I don't know if my problem's related, but FR started timing out on me at the end of August: Firefox, on my Mac laptop, would consistently fail to start a new Baldwin's Brew. I could collect the last brew, and I could choose the thing I wanted to transmute, but then - spin spin spin, until finally the browser would tell me that the server is taking too long to respond.

At that time, Baldwin's Brew was the *only* thing that triggered it, and my Mac was the only device/browser triggering it. Clearing my cache and cookies seemed to work to resolve it at first, but it might have been a coincidence, because it only worked that once or twice.

Now I'm also getting timeout errors on my Windows 7 desktop, in both Chrome and Firefox, on non-Baldwin stuff, and as soon as it happens in one browser, the other also fails. (I frequently have my kids' account logged in on Firefox and my own in Chrome.) Usually it's Firefox that times out first, and then Chrome stops working too, but I thiiiiiink I've also seen it happen in Chrome alone, when I'm playing by myself. Not nearly as frequently as Firefox, though.

It's really ramped up in the past week or two.

Edited to add an update: I just tested the Baldwin thing from the Mac Firefox, since it's been a while since I tried it, and Firefox had just downloaded some kind of update. Baldwin's Brew actually worked! (But, I mean... I'm still having time-out problems all over town in general. It's just apparently no longer tied to that ones action.)
So, I don't know if my problem's related, but FR started timing out on me at the end of August: Firefox, on my Mac laptop, would consistently fail to start a new Baldwin's Brew. I could collect the last brew, and I could choose the thing I wanted to transmute, but then - spin spin spin, until finally the browser would tell me that the server is taking too long to respond.

At that time, Baldwin's Brew was the *only* thing that triggered it, and my Mac was the only device/browser triggering it. Clearing my cache and cookies seemed to work to resolve it at first, but it might have been a coincidence, because it only worked that once or twice.

Now I'm also getting timeout errors on my Windows 7 desktop, in both Chrome and Firefox, on non-Baldwin stuff, and as soon as it happens in one browser, the other also fails. (I frequently have my kids' account logged in on Firefox and my own in Chrome.) Usually it's Firefox that times out first, and then Chrome stops working too, but I thiiiiiink I've also seen it happen in Chrome alone, when I'm playing by myself. Not nearly as frequently as Firefox, though.

It's really ramped up in the past week or two.

Edited to add an update: I just tested the Baldwin thing from the Mac Firefox, since it's been a while since I tried it, and Firefox had just downloaded some kind of update. Baldwin's Brew actually worked! (But, I mean... I'm still having time-out problems all over town in general. It's just apparently no longer tied to that ones action.)
I have the same problem as @Tammabanana
But it's going for about 2 months now. I also tried everything, even disabling adblock completely, but I get random loading errors everywhere.

Whether it's my hoard, friending a familiar or baldwin. Most site actions work and then spontaniously not work and I get loading errors. It lasts about 30 seconds and then I have to re-try and it works again.
(Sometimes I furiously hit F5 a hundred times because this sucks A LOT and is frustrating)

I'm using Windows 7 on desktop and have Firefox Version 61.0.1 (64-Bit) "Quantum".

I also just got this error while re-sending a request (Add new baldwin brew) that had been "stuck" because of a loading error.
Quote:
Well, this is embarassing

It looks like something went wrong. The place to let us know about this would be in the bug report forum.

If you post a report, please include the following information:

http://www1.flightrising.com/trading/baldwin/create/commit

Undefined variable: content (View: /home/vhosts/www1.flightrising.com/app/views/layouts/onecol-default.blade.php) in /c33dd90552d7cabc6007faa23e1c2c63 Line 31
I have the same problem as @Tammabanana
But it's going for about 2 months now. I also tried everything, even disabling adblock completely, but I get random loading errors everywhere.

Whether it's my hoard, friending a familiar or baldwin. Most site actions work and then spontaniously not work and I get loading errors. It lasts about 30 seconds and then I have to re-try and it works again.
(Sometimes I furiously hit F5 a hundred times because this sucks A LOT and is frustrating)

I'm using Windows 7 on desktop and have Firefox Version 61.0.1 (64-Bit) "Quantum".

I also just got this error while re-sending a request (Add new baldwin brew) that had been "stuck" because of a loading error.
Quote:
Well, this is embarassing

It looks like something went wrong. The place to let us know about this would be in the bug report forum.

If you post a report, please include the following information:

http://www1.flightrising.com/trading/baldwin/create/commit

Undefined variable: content (View: /home/vhosts/www1.flightrising.com/app/views/layouts/onecol-default.blade.php) in /c33dd90552d7cabc6007faa23e1c2c63 Line 31
@Tammabanana @Shakura

I've been having exactly the same issues for months now. I even sent a ticket but never got a response.

Clearing the cache and waiting for a minute or two until accessing the website again usually works. For me, the time out gets triggered by using Baldwin (melting down stuff), changing familiars, listing things on the ah or adding stuff to cr/pms (i.e. when a lot of images/data have to be loaded), but if there is a lot of traffic it also happens randomly when loading any fr site. I also tried different browsers and it didn't help. Every other website is working fine for me.

I'm living with the time outs now, I don't think they can do anything about it.

@Tammabanana @Shakura

I've been having exactly the same issues for months now. I even sent a ticket but never got a response.

Clearing the cache and waiting for a minute or two until accessing the website again usually works. For me, the time out gets triggered by using Baldwin (melting down stuff), changing familiars, listing things on the ah or adding stuff to cr/pms (i.e. when a lot of images/data have to be loaded), but if there is a lot of traffic it also happens randomly when loading any fr site. I also tried different browsers and it didn't help. Every other website is working fine for me.

I'm living with the time outs now, I don't think they can do anything about it.

1NzTPIR.pngiQrUd5S.png6iqaVJp.png
1 2