Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Bug Tracking Thread - Glimmer & Gloom
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
@Atrocities
Most likely your internet connection briefly dropped out, and that means you need to refresh the page for the game page to reconnect to the fairgrounds server. It's not a bug, that's just how online games work - the same happens with the coli.

All the links are going to work because they don't need to talk to the fairgrounds server to fetch information. They're just normal 'fetch this page' requests.
@Atrocities
Most likely your internet connection briefly dropped out, and that means you need to refresh the page for the game page to reconnect to the fairgrounds server. It's not a bug, that's just how online games work - the same happens with the coli.

All the links are going to work because they don't need to talk to the fairgrounds server to fetch information. They're just normal 'fetch this page' requests.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
[quote name="@Vendrus" date="2018-09-08 14:58:57" ] @/Atrocities Most likely your internet connection briefly dropped out, and that means you need to refresh the page for the game page to reconnect to the fairgrounds server. It's not a bug, that's just how online games work - the same happens with the coli. All the links are going to work because they don't need to talk to the fairgrounds server to fetch information. They're just normal 'fetch this page' requests. [/quote] Ah, thank you! It hasn't happened to me before so I assumed it was a bug in the server, but I didn't even consider the fact that my internet is kindof unreliable sometimes (it often does similar things) Needless to say, it stopped happening and I can now play fairgrounds games uninterrupted.
@Vendrus wrote on 2018-09-08 14:58:57:
@/Atrocities

Ah, thank you! It hasn't happened to me before so I assumed it was a bug in the server, but I didn't even consider the fact that my internet is kindof unreliable sometimes (it often does similar things)
Needless to say, it stopped happening and I can now play fairgrounds games uninterrupted.
e6rKuT7.png
zephyrus · he/they · frt + 0

im autistic, so my tone come off as
more aggressive than i mean to be ^^;
Usually Glimmer and Gloom works perfectly on my phone, and I usually play it on full screen, however since yesterday entering full screen on G&G doesn't allow me to click anything, both on the title screen and in game. I've tried logging out and logging back in and closing my browser (I use chrome) and reopening it.
Usually Glimmer and Gloom works perfectly on my phone, and I usually play it on full screen, however since yesterday entering full screen on G&G doesn't allow me to click anything, both on the title screen and in game. I've tried logging out and logging back in and closing my browser (I use chrome) and reopening it.
@StripedSweater
Have you tried clearing your cache? It's often responsible for button issues too!
@StripedSweater
Have you tried clearing your cache? It's often responsible for button issues too!
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
@Vendrus Just tried that, and it still doesn't work D:
@Vendrus Just tried that, and it still doesn't work D:
idk if this is a bug or not, but this is impossible. i'v been playing for hours and i can't figure it out. there's always one tile. on easy mode.
idk if this is a bug or not, but this is impossible. i'v been playing for hours and i can't figure it out. there's always one tile. on easy mode.
Hi @Beaverspit

Unless the game is not switching tiles as expected (clicking a tile should always change that tile and every tile touching it), that doesn't sound like a bug.

This thread is really for bug reporting only, but I'll provide some basic tips:

1. A common mistake to to focus on getting the board down to a single "wrong" tile. The actual final move in a round usually clears out 4-7 tiles in one click. If you have only 1 tile left, you actually need to reverse a few other tiles a bit before you'll find yourself in a winning setup. It's a bit like a rubik's cube with one solved side, sometimes you need to mess it up a little to advance.

2. I recommend reading one of the many helpful guides (such as the ole linked earlier in this thread - http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2477115) to learn the patterns on either Easy or Medium difficulty.

3. It's a good idea to try to predict what will happen before you make a move - even when following a guide. This will help you get a feel for the flow of the game and you won't need to constantly reference guides after that.

4. Clicking randomly can be fine to get the board into a recognizable pattern, but it's really not a fast way to win and will probably just get frustrating after a while.

5. Once you learn a lot of patterns, you'll see that for many solutions, it doesn't even matter the order in which you flip tiles. This means there's a lot less to memorize than you might think.

Finally, I can confirm that there's no such thing as an unsolvable board configuration - the game scrambles the board using the same types of moves you use to unscramble it.

I hope that helps!
Hi @Beaverspit

Unless the game is not switching tiles as expected (clicking a tile should always change that tile and every tile touching it), that doesn't sound like a bug.

This thread is really for bug reporting only, but I'll provide some basic tips:

1. A common mistake to to focus on getting the board down to a single "wrong" tile. The actual final move in a round usually clears out 4-7 tiles in one click. If you have only 1 tile left, you actually need to reverse a few other tiles a bit before you'll find yourself in a winning setup. It's a bit like a rubik's cube with one solved side, sometimes you need to mess it up a little to advance.

2. I recommend reading one of the many helpful guides (such as the ole linked earlier in this thread - http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2477115) to learn the patterns on either Easy or Medium difficulty.

3. It's a good idea to try to predict what will happen before you make a move - even when following a guide. This will help you get a feel for the flow of the game and you won't need to constantly reference guides after that.

4. Clicking randomly can be fine to get the board into a recognizable pattern, but it's really not a fast way to win and will probably just get frustrating after a while.

5. Once you learn a lot of patterns, you'll see that for many solutions, it doesn't even matter the order in which you flip tiles. This means there's a lot less to memorize than you might think.

Finally, I can confirm that there's no such thing as an unsolvable board configuration - the game scrambles the board using the same types of moves you use to unscramble it.

I hope that helps!
~ Flight Rising Engineering Team ~
- Do you want to hear what I said again? Hoot hoot!

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

Flight Rising Rules & Policies
Glimmer and Gloom has been behaving really sluggishly for me for the past week, I'm getting some major delay between clicking a tile and the tile actually flipping over and its to the point that the game is losing a lot of its fun for me. I've cleared my cache and that didn't seem to do anything, I'm running on a macbook laptop with the most recent edition of Google Chrome. I tried it on the most recent edition of Firefox as well and its still doing it there too. Is the site just experiencing some sort of slowdown or is it just me?
Glimmer and Gloom has been behaving really sluggishly for me for the past week, I'm getting some major delay between clicking a tile and the tile actually flipping over and its to the point that the game is losing a lot of its fun for me. I've cleared my cache and that didn't seem to do anything, I'm running on a macbook laptop with the most recent edition of Google Chrome. I tried it on the most recent edition of Firefox as well and its still doing it there too. Is the site just experiencing some sort of slowdown or is it just me?
thank you for the tips! @kaepora
thank you for the tips! @kaepora
I played Glimmer and Gloom and maxed out the 75k limit. I saw I had 91kT, but upon navigating away, I only had 31kt! D:
I played Glimmer and Gloom and maxed out the 75k limit. I saw I had 91kT, but upon navigating away, I only had 31kt! D:
apagfTT.png
tumblr_njfpzkC48X1tlw9cco2_500.png

8MsS7cV.pngoNdzJAj.png
suzukiayako_banner_by_eyenoom-d6kg3c4.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12