Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Didnt get awoken chest?
I recently just awoke my Crimson Reef snail, but when checking my invo, the gilded chest, as well as several rusty chests from several other familiars's (not sure which, i know i recently just got them up from wary) chests are not appearing in my invo.
I don't mind not having the rusty chests, but I would like my gilded chest back, if possible.
I'm using a apple computer/mac ios with the latest version of chrome.
I've tried reloading my invo a couple of times, and even checked the vault section to see if they were stored away there.
Whats going on? Why'd they just dissapear? D:
I recently just awoke my Crimson Reef snail, but when checking my invo, the gilded chest, as well as several rusty chests from several other familiars's (not sure which, i know i recently just got them up from wary) chests are not appearing in my invo.
I don't mind not having the rusty chests, but I would like my gilded chest back, if possible.
I'm using a apple computer/mac ios with the latest version of chrome.
I've tried reloading my invo a couple of times, and even checked the vault section to see if they were stored away there.
Whats going on? Why'd they just dissapear? D:
export3_461x100.png
@CheshireGrin

According to your bestiary your Crimson Reef Snail is Loyal--not Awakened. Your last chest from that familiar should be an Iron Chest.

As far as the other chests please manually clear your cache and check your Other tab. If they don't show up and you haven't opened or sold them then fill out a Contact Us form with information on when you should have received those chests and from which familiars.

Another thing to check is if you share a device with someone else who might have checked your account if you didn't sign out. Chests and eggs seem to be the kind of things a curious sibling clicks on to open/hatch just to see what happens.
@CheshireGrin

According to your bestiary your Crimson Reef Snail is Loyal--not Awakened. Your last chest from that familiar should be an Iron Chest.

As far as the other chests please manually clear your cache and check your Other tab. If they don't show up and you haven't opened or sold them then fill out a Contact Us form with information on when you should have received those chests and from which familiars.

Another thing to check is if you share a device with someone else who might have checked your account if you didn't sign out. Chests and eggs seem to be the kind of things a curious sibling clicks on to open/hatch just to see what happens.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Nightwind
Ok... Thats... weird. Last night it was showing it as awoken?
I'm starting to think that my computer is more messed up then i thought.
I even remember seeing the little awoken stars on the bar.
I just awoke them now, but I'm still not sure what my computer is on
At least, I'm blaming my computer. (by the by, I'm the only user, account, and whatnot on this computer.)
It crashes on at least a hourly basis, whenever i close and open the lid, and whenever i try to play a certain kind of games on it. Not sure what, since they crash so often i cant even see what their running off of. In short, dont buy mac. Mac/apple sucks.
But hey, thanks!
@Nightwind
Ok... Thats... weird. Last night it was showing it as awoken?
I'm starting to think that my computer is more messed up then i thought.
I even remember seeing the little awoken stars on the bar.
I just awoke them now, but I'm still not sure what my computer is on
At least, I'm blaming my computer. (by the by, I'm the only user, account, and whatnot on this computer.)
It crashes on at least a hourly basis, whenever i close and open the lid, and whenever i try to play a certain kind of games on it. Not sure what, since they crash so often i cant even see what their running off of. In short, dont buy mac. Mac/apple sucks.
But hey, thanks!
export3_461x100.png
@CheshireGrin

Seeing the wrong image is usually a cache problem. Without getting too into the details, most computers don't crash hourly. If it's only certain types of games it could be a lack of memory issue, corrupted data or older/not updated software. For older games or gaming sites (I'm looking at you, Neopets) that still run Flash update Shockwave.

Opening and closing the lid implies something funky with the power management/shutdown/sleep procedures. Try googling "your exact computer model laptop crashes when I close the lid" to see what the wisdom of the internet has to say about it. A quick look at a generic search not specific to your computer says "Disable Safe Sleep."

If you don't have anyone who could look into that for you try starting with:

1. Manually clear your cache.
2. Update and run your antivirus. Follow whatever advice it gives.
3. Back up your data!
4. Clear out old, unused programs and files to free up memory.
5. Defrag your hard drive.

Check for a day or two to see if the problems stop. If they don't:

1. Start checking manually to see if there are updates for your operating system, Chrome and any other always running program.
2. Google the name of everything that's running that you don't recognize to see if it's legit or not.

Hope this helps!

@CheshireGrin

Seeing the wrong image is usually a cache problem. Without getting too into the details, most computers don't crash hourly. If it's only certain types of games it could be a lack of memory issue, corrupted data or older/not updated software. For older games or gaming sites (I'm looking at you, Neopets) that still run Flash update Shockwave.

Opening and closing the lid implies something funky with the power management/shutdown/sleep procedures. Try googling "your exact computer model laptop crashes when I close the lid" to see what the wisdom of the internet has to say about it. A quick look at a generic search not specific to your computer says "Disable Safe Sleep."

If you don't have anyone who could look into that for you try starting with:

1. Manually clear your cache.
2. Update and run your antivirus. Follow whatever advice it gives.
3. Back up your data!
4. Clear out old, unused programs and files to free up memory.
5. Defrag your hard drive.

Check for a day or two to see if the problems stop. If they don't:

1. Start checking manually to see if there are updates for your operating system, Chrome and any other always running program.
2. Google the name of everything that's running that you don't recognize to see if it's legit or not.

Hope this helps!

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Nightwind
Possibly Corrupted data. This is a hand-me-down computer.
When I got it my older brother completely wiped it. Factory reset. I remember having it crash two times in his hotel bedroom. It was... Weird. Still weird.
I regularly update it whenever an update comes out, but that doesnt seem to help much. Or like... At all
From what i understand of this computer, and supposedly by what my brother says, this computer has hardware issues due to having a peice of windows based hardware inside of it, and whenever it uses it too much it crashes?
I kinda doubt it, because he never noticed crashing when it was being used by him.
As for data, I dont have any files on this computer. Mostly because unfotunately I dont really get the chance to draw or write documents on here (crashes more often when doing that. There have been times where i just laid on the floor and cried bc i tried drawing a thing and it crashed.) and then try to upload them (crashes when i try to open file browser. not fun) onto the interwebs.
Meh. I intend to sell this to a pawnshop sometime soon, anyways. The casing is partly off and theres a large dent in the left side, rendering all of the usb ports (oddly on the left side), audio and microphone jacks, and sd card ports unusable.

TL;DR
Basically this computer is trashed and i intend to sell it as soon as i can get my hands on a windows seven HP computer.

But thank you for your help! have a nice day!
@Nightwind
Possibly Corrupted data. This is a hand-me-down computer.
When I got it my older brother completely wiped it. Factory reset. I remember having it crash two times in his hotel bedroom. It was... Weird. Still weird.
I regularly update it whenever an update comes out, but that doesnt seem to help much. Or like... At all
From what i understand of this computer, and supposedly by what my brother says, this computer has hardware issues due to having a peice of windows based hardware inside of it, and whenever it uses it too much it crashes?
I kinda doubt it, because he never noticed crashing when it was being used by him.
As for data, I dont have any files on this computer. Mostly because unfotunately I dont really get the chance to draw or write documents on here (crashes more often when doing that. There have been times where i just laid on the floor and cried bc i tried drawing a thing and it crashed.) and then try to upload them (crashes when i try to open file browser. not fun) onto the interwebs.
Meh. I intend to sell this to a pawnshop sometime soon, anyways. The casing is partly off and theres a large dent in the left side, rendering all of the usb ports (oddly on the left side), audio and microphone jacks, and sd card ports unusable.

TL;DR
Basically this computer is trashed and i intend to sell it as soon as i can get my hands on a windows seven HP computer.

But thank you for your help! have a nice day!
export3_461x100.png
@CheshireGrin

Putting together a machine isn't as common as it used to be. Now, unless you're upgrading for gaming/work there's a lot more "I don't work with anything but stuff that comes from the same company" parts. There might be a part-specific driver that doesn't work/work well with your O/S and that could cause intermittent failure.

A physical issue like a dent might also be causing something inside to short whenever it gets too warm. Laptops are notoriously crowded on the inside and if something has moved enough that heat expansion causes it to ground itself somewhere it shouldn't...beware of smoke and sparks, too. If you've noticed it gives longer between random shutdowns when it's under 60 degrees/15 degrees centigrade then it's likely something like that.

Hopefully you'll be able to get a new computer soon. Fingers crossed!
@CheshireGrin

Putting together a machine isn't as common as it used to be. Now, unless you're upgrading for gaming/work there's a lot more "I don't work with anything but stuff that comes from the same company" parts. There might be a part-specific driver that doesn't work/work well with your O/S and that could cause intermittent failure.

A physical issue like a dent might also be causing something inside to short whenever it gets too warm. Laptops are notoriously crowded on the inside and if something has moved enough that heat expansion causes it to ground itself somewhere it shouldn't...beware of smoke and sparks, too. If you've noticed it gives longer between random shutdowns when it's under 60 degrees/15 degrees centigrade then it's likely something like that.

Hopefully you'll be able to get a new computer soon. Fingers crossed!