Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | "Submit" Button in Post Editor
1 2
Sometimes when editing an already existing post, the submit button will be clickable and apply the changes, but won't take me back to the thread.

No error text
I use Google Chrome on OS X (Mac)
The thread I experienced this on
Sometimes when editing an already existing post, the submit button will be clickable and apply the changes, but won't take me back to the thread.

No error text
I use Google Chrome on OS X (Mac)
The thread I experienced this on
HErCup2.gifazkZ2A0.pngHErCup2.gif
@PhoenixFire

Okay, so it happens apparently randomly on some posts, but not others. Does this bug happen on the same post consistently, or is that random as well?

Thanks!
@PhoenixFire

Okay, so it happens apparently randomly on some posts, but not others. Does this bug happen on the same post consistently, or is that random as well?

Thanks!
~ Flight Rising Engineering Team ~
- Do you want to hear what I said again? Hoot hoot!

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

Flight Rising Rules & Policies
@Kaepora

I have only had it happen on one particular post in the thread, (the fifth one), even though I have edited other posts. However, it doesn't happen every time I edit the fifth post, only sometimes.

When it did happen, I was copying and pasting links to dragons from other places on the site while the editor was still open.

Hope that helps!~
@Kaepora

I have only had it happen on one particular post in the thread, (the fifth one), even though I have edited other posts. However, it doesn't happen every time I edit the fifth post, only sometimes.

When it did happen, I was copying and pasting links to dragons from other places on the site while the editor was still open.

Hope that helps!~
Thanks @PhoenixFire,

Okay, has it happened multiple times to that one post in that thread, or only once?

I don't think copying and pasting from other threads would cause a problem like this, but that's good information to know anyway.
Thanks @PhoenixFire,

Okay, has it happened multiple times to that one post in that thread, or only once?

I don't think copying and pasting from other threads would cause a problem like this, but that's good information to know anyway.

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

@Kaepora

It has happened multiple times to that one post. No other so far.
@Kaepora

It has happened multiple times to that one post. No other so far.
@PhoenixFire,

I was able to get a similar result while testing... maybe this will explain what happened.

Is it possible that you have the edit page itself bookmarked, or you are in some way going directly to the edit post page other than by clicking the edit button?

I ask, because I noticed that when I go right to the edit page, the submit button doesn't know where to send me back to, unlike normal where it knows what page brought you to the edit page.
@PhoenixFire,

I was able to get a similar result while testing... maybe this will explain what happened.

Is it possible that you have the edit page itself bookmarked, or you are in some way going directly to the edit post page other than by clicking the edit button?

I ask, because I noticed that when I go right to the edit page, the submit button doesn't know where to send me back to, unlike normal where it knows what page brought you to the edit page.

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

@Kaepora

Hmmm... that does make sense, but I don't have it bookmarked. I did however leave the editor open for extended periods of time, while browsing on other areas of FR. And no, I was not directly going to the editor.
@Kaepora

Hmmm... that does make sense, but I don't have it bookmarked. I did however leave the editor open for extended periods of time, while browsing on other areas of FR. And no, I was not directly going to the editor.
@PhoenixFire

Thank you - we can eliminate that possibility! That's progress in a way :)

You mentioned that the editor might be open for a few hours at a time... I can think of several reasons why your previous page might've been "forgotten" over a long period of time - not that there is an exact length of time I could point to.

Is it fair to say that the edit page was open for a long time every time this bug hit?

Possibly related: we've pushed quite a few site updates and fixes the last few days, if an update went live while you were editing a post, that might cause a weird bug like that.
@PhoenixFire

Thank you - we can eliminate that possibility! That's progress in a way :)

You mentioned that the editor might be open for a few hours at a time... I can think of several reasons why your previous page might've been "forgotten" over a long period of time - not that there is an exact length of time I could point to.

Is it fair to say that the edit page was open for a long time every time this bug hit?

Possibly related: we've pushed quite a few site updates and fixes the last few days, if an update went live while you were editing a post, that might cause a weird bug like that.

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

@Kaepora

Unfortunately, I can't be sure how long it was open, but the I don't think it was for more than an hour. An update could have happened, maybe.
@Kaepora

Unfortunately, I can't be sure how long it was open, but the I don't think it was for more than an hour. An update could have happened, maybe.
@PhoenixFire

Okay, so that's one possible cause, but we can't really be sure. When this happens, does it bring you back to the editor page, the front page, or somewhere else?

In my own testing, it would take me to the front page when it "forgot" where it should send you.
@PhoenixFire

Okay, so that's one possible cause, but we can't really be sure. When this happens, does it bring you back to the editor page, the front page, or somewhere else?

In my own testing, it would take me to the front page when it "forgot" where it should send you.

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

1 2