Bug Report Forums
Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Coliseum: Keyboard Controls Testing
1 2 3
Thank you for participating in the [b]Coliseum Technical Beta![/b] [size=4]This thread will primarily be collecting reports of issues found after focus-testing [b]Keyboard Controls.[/b][/size] We would like targeted testing on the keyboard controls system. This includes toggling the system on and off at-will. -------- [b][size=4]If you experience any issues while testing the above feature(s), please try the following before posting a bug report:[/size][/b] [LIST] [*][url=http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache]Clear your browser's [b]cache.[/url][/b] [/LIST] [LIST] [*]Try to access the game with a [b]different browser[/b] entirely to see if results are better. [*]Try a [b]hard reset[/b] of your browser: [b]CTRL+F5, Control + Refresh, etc[/b] [*]Try accessing the Coliseum Tech Beta through [b]an incognito or private browsing mode[/b]. [/LIST] [b][size=4]If that does not work:[/size][/b] [LIST=1] [*][b]Log out.[/b] [*]Clear your browser's [b]cache[/b] (with the instructions above). [*][b]Close[/b] the browser window. [*][b]Open[/b] new browser window. [*][b]Log in.[/b] [/LIST] [b][size=4]If the above troubleshooting steps do not fix your issue, please provide us with the following information:[/size][/b] [quote][LIST] [*][b]Browser(s) Used[/b] [list][*]Browser(s) Version[/list] [*][b]Device(s) Used[/b] [list][*]Mobile Laptop Desktop Etc.[/list] [*][b]Device Operating System[/b] [list][*]Operating System Version[/list] [*][b]Internet Connection Type[/b] [list][*]Mobile [*]Wireless [*]Wired - cable/DSL? [*]School [*]Home [*]Work[/list] [*][b]Antivirus Installed[/b] [list][*]Antivirus Version[/list] [/LIST] [list] [*][b]Describe the bug in detail:[/b] [list][*]Tell us everything you remember up until the problem occurred, especially if you can get it to happen reliably multiple times in a row. This information is the most important part of the report.[/list][/list] [list][*][b]Include any screenshots you think may be relevant.[/b][/quote][/list] [b]Detailed reports with information on how to reproduce the problem[/b] will help our engineers diagnose and address bugs with this feature. [LIST] [*]Posts that are not reporting bugs about the above feature(s) will be removed. [*]Posts that are suggestions about the above feature(s) will be removed. [/LIST] Thank you!
Thank you for participating in the Coliseum Technical Beta!

This thread will primarily be collecting reports of issues found after focus-testing Keyboard Controls.

We would like targeted testing on the keyboard controls system. This includes toggling the system on and off at-will.

If you experience any issues while testing the above feature(s), please try the following before posting a bug report:
  • Try to access the game with a different browser entirely to see if results are better.
  • Try a hard reset of your browser: CTRL+F5, Control + Refresh, etc
  • Try accessing the Coliseum Tech Beta through an incognito or private browsing mode.

If that does not work:
  1. Log out.
  2. Clear your browser's cache (with the instructions above).
  3. Close the browser window.
  4. Open new browser window.
  5. Log in.

If the above troubleshooting steps do not fix your issue, please provide us with the following information:
Quote:
  • Browser(s) Used
    • Browser(s) Version
  • Device(s) Used
    • Mobile
      Laptop
      Desktop
      Etc.
  • Device Operating System
    • Operating System Version
  • Internet Connection Type
    • Mobile
    • Wireless
    • Wired - cable/DSL?
    • School
    • Home
    • Work
  • Antivirus Installed
    • Antivirus Version
  • Describe the bug in detail:
    • Tell us everything you remember up until the problem occurred, especially if you can get it to happen reliably multiple times in a row. This information is the most important part of the report.
  • Include any screenshots you think may be relevant.

Detailed reports with information on how to reproduce the problem will help our engineers diagnose and address bugs with this feature.
  • Posts that are not reporting bugs about the above feature(s) will be removed.
  • Posts that are suggestions about the above feature(s) will be removed.

Thank you!
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
Just a reminder that this thread is for tracking bugs and errors only. While we appreciate the feedback, if you have suggestions for the keyboard controls system, please create a thread in the Suggestions Forum. This is so myself and @Mutron are better able to track and find critical functionality stops and issues.
Just a reminder that this thread is for tracking bugs and errors only. While we appreciate the feedback, if you have suggestions for the keyboard controls system, please create a thread in the Suggestions Forum. This is so myself and @Mutron are better able to track and find critical functionality stops and issues.
Flight Rising Developer
I chose keyboard option and could still activate all the buttons with my mouse too - I'm not sure if that was intended, as keyboard doesn't work if the mouse option is pressed. So either a bug or a feature?
I chose keyboard option and could still activate all the buttons with my mouse too - I'm not sure if that was intended, as keyboard doesn't work if the mouse option is pressed. So either a bug or a feature?
[quote name="RedWillia" date="2018-02-14 12:01:50" ] I chose keyboard option and could still activate all the buttons with my mouse too - I'm not sure if that was intended, as keyboard doesn't work if the mouse option is pressed. So either a bug or a feature? [/quote] @RedWillia In this case, it's actually a feature. :)
RedWillia wrote on 2018-02-14 12:01:50:

@RedWillia

In this case, it's actually a feature. :)
Flight Rising Developer
Browser(s) Used Chrome Device(s) Used Laptop Device Operating System Mac Internet Connection Type Home Antivirus Installed N/A Describe the bug in detail: In a group of four enemies, the key icon for the top right enemy is partially hidden. [img]https://i.imgur.com/K3dNuiL.jpg[/img]
Browser(s) Used
Chrome
Device(s) Used
Laptop
Device Operating System
Mac
Internet Connection Type
Home
Antivirus Installed
N/A
Describe the bug in detail:
In a group of four enemies, the key icon for the top right enemy is partially hidden.
K3dNuiL.jpg
Browser: Chrome Device: Mac laptop OS: OSX Version 10.9.5 Internet connection: wireless Bug: Sometimes when I'm using keyboard controls in the Waterway (edit: not unique to waterway, coliseum in general) and I try to defend with the dragon in first position, the text for *dragonsname defends* appears behind the bar it's supposed to be on top of. I've had some difficulty getting the bug to appear consistently, but it shows up the most when there is only one monster left (the one in "E" position), that monster is injured, I use only keyboard controls, and I've first navigated into and out of the attack menu using the keyboard controls. It doesn't appear to be an issue for the dragons in second and third position, nor does it seem to show up if the dragon in first position has used "defend" previously in the battle. (Disclaimer: I was only able to get it to show up 6 or 7 times, so my information might not be 100% accurate.) Screenshot: [img]https://i.imgur.com/r0t2qR2.png[/img]
Browser: Chrome

Device: Mac laptop

Internet connection: wireless

Bug:

Sometimes when I'm using keyboard controls in the Waterway (edit: not unique to waterway, coliseum in general) and I try to defend with the dragon in first position, the text for *dragonsname defends* appears behind the bar it's supposed to be on top of. I've had some difficulty getting the bug to appear consistently, but it shows up the most when there is only one monster left (the one in "E" position), that monster is injured, I use only keyboard controls, and I've first navigated into and out of the attack menu using the keyboard controls. It doesn't appear to be an issue for the dragons in second and third position, nor does it seem to show up if the dragon in first position has used "defend" previously in the battle. (Disclaimer: I was only able to get it to show up 6 or 7 times, so my information might not be 100% accurate.)

Screenshot:

r0t2qR2.png
forscience.png
[quote name="Foxclaws42" date="2018-02-14 12:17:59" ] Browser: Chrome Device: Mac laptop OS: OSX Version 10.9.5 Internet connection: wireless Bug: Sometimes when I'm using keyboard controls in the Waterway (edit: not unique to waterway, coliseum in general) and I try to defend with the dragon in first position, the text for *dragonsname defends* appears behind the bar it's supposed to be on top of. I've had some difficulty getting the bug to appear consistently, but it shows up the most when there is only one monster left (the one in "E" position), that monster is injured, I use only keyboard controls, and I've first navigated into and out of the attack menu using the keyboard controls. It doesn't appear to be an issue for the dragons in second and third position, nor does it seem to show up if the dragon in first position has used "defend" previously in the battle. (Disclaimer: I was only able to get it to show up 6 or 7 times, so my information might not be 100% accurate.) Screenshot: [img]https://i.imgur.com/r0t2qR2.png[/img] [/quote] Thanks, @Foxclaws42! I added this to our [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/2369188][b]Known Issues[/b][/url] list.
Foxclaws42 wrote on 2018-02-14 12:17:59:
Browser: Chrome

Device: Mac laptop

Internet connection: wireless

Bug:

Sometimes when I'm using keyboard controls in the Waterway (edit: not unique to waterway, coliseum in general) and I try to defend with the dragon in first position, the text for *dragonsname defends* appears behind the bar it's supposed to be on top of. I've had some difficulty getting the bug to appear consistently, but it shows up the most when there is only one monster left (the one in "E" position), that monster is injured, I use only keyboard controls, and I've first navigated into and out of the attack menu using the keyboard controls. It doesn't appear to be an issue for the dragons in second and third position, nor does it seem to show up if the dragon in first position has used "defend" previously in the battle. (Disclaimer: I was only able to get it to show up 6 or 7 times, so my information might not be 100% accurate.)

Screenshot:

r0t2qR2.png

Thanks, @Foxclaws42! I added this to our Known Issues list.
Flight Rising Developer
when enemies appear i tend to click "aeq" really quickly and sometimes it doesnt work immediately. seems like it doesnt work when the enemy's jumping in even if the button image is already there. [quote name="PixelSpiral" date=2018-02-05 06:21:39] (chrome on desktop, windows 7 x64, wired(no idea of the two version thingies), antivirus is avast 17.9.2322) [/quote]
when enemies appear i tend to click "aeq" really quickly and sometimes it doesnt work immediately. seems like it doesnt work when the enemy's jumping in even if the button image is already there.
PixelSpiral wrote on 2018-02-05:
(chrome on desktop, windows 7 x64, wired(no idea of the two version thingies), antivirus is avast 17.9.2322)
r9b97HEe_o.png
good pun ^
[quote name="PixelSpiral" date="2018-02-14 13:54:51" ] when enemies appear i tend to click "aeq" really quickly and sometimes it doesnt work immediately. seems like it doesnt work when the enemy's jumping in even if the button image is already there. [quote name="PixelSpiral" date=2018-02-05 06:21:39] (chrome on desktop, windows 7 x64, wired(no idea of the two version thingies), antivirus is avast 17.9.2322) [/quote] [/quote] @PixelSpiral Are you able to give me a little more information? In your testing, are you attempting to get a keyboard control command off as quickly as possible when a battle starts and it doesn't seem to be consistently happening?
PixelSpiral wrote on 2018-02-14 13:54:51:
when enemies appear i tend to click "aeq" really quickly and sometimes it doesnt work immediately. seems like it doesnt work when the enemy's jumping in even if the button image is already there.
PixelSpiral wrote on 2018-02-05:
(chrome on desktop, windows 7 x64, wired(no idea of the two version thingies), antivirus is avast 17.9.2322)

@PixelSpiral

Are you able to give me a little more information? In your testing, are you attempting to get a keyboard control command off as quickly as possible when a battle starts and it doesn't seem to be consistently happening?
Flight Rising Developer
@Xhaztol yes exactly that
@Xhaztol yes exactly that
r9b97HEe_o.png
good pun ^
1 2 3