Bug Report Forums
Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Coliseum: February 8 Testing Thread
1 2 3 4 5
Thank you for participating in the [b]Coliseum Technical Beta![/b] [size=4]Today (Wednesday, February 7th), we will be focus-testing [b]Mobile Compatibility[/b][/size] On this day, we would like to get a wide array of mobile testing performed. While we are not going to be able to 100% support the myriad of hardware platforms out there, we encourage you to play the Coliseum beta from a device other than a computer and help us weed out any critical issues that arise. -------- [b][size=4]If you experience any issues while testing the above feature(s), please try the following before posting a bug report:[/size][/b] [LIST] [*][url=http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache]Clear your browser's [b]cache.[/url][/b] [/LIST] [LIST] [*]Try to access the game with a [b]different browser[/b] entirely to see if results are better. [*]Try a [b]hard reset[/b] of your browser: [b]CTRL+F5, Control + Refresh, etc[/b] [*]Try accessing the Coliseum Tech Beta through [b]an incognito or private browsing mode[/b]. [/LIST] [b][size=4]If that does not work:[/size][/b] [LIST=1] [*][b]Log out.[/b] [*]Clear your browser's [b]cache[/b] (with the instructions above). [*][b]Close[/b] the browser window. [*][b]Open[/b] new browser window. [*][b]Log in.[/b] [/LIST] [b][size=4]If the above troubleshooting steps do not fix your issue, please provide us with the following information:[/size][/b] [quote][LIST] [*][b]Browser(s) Used[/b] [list][*]Browser(s) Version[/list] [*][b]Device(s) Used[/b] [list][*]Mobile Laptop Desktop Etc.[/list] [*][b]Device Operating System[/b] [list][*]Operating System Version[/list] [*][b]Internet Connection Type[/b] [list][*]Mobile [*]Wireless [*]Wired - cable/DSL? [*]School [*]Home [*]Work[/list] [*][b]Antivirus Installed[/b] [list][*]Antivirus Version[/list] [/LIST] [list] [*][b]Describe the bug in detail:[/b] [list][*]Tell us everything you remember up until the problem occurred, especially if you can get it to happen reliably multiple times in a row. This information is the most important part of the report.[/list][/list] [list][*][b]Include any screenshots you think may be relevant.[/b][/quote][/list] [b]Detailed reports with information on how to reproduce the problem[/b] will help our engineers diagnose and address bugs with this feature. [LIST] [*]Posts that are not reporting bugs about the above feature(s) will be removed. [*]Posts that are suggestions about the above feature(s) will be removed. [/LIST] Thank you!
Thank you for participating in the Coliseum Technical Beta!

Today (Wednesday, February 7th), we will be focus-testing Mobile Compatibility

On this day, we would like to get a wide array of mobile testing performed. While we are not going to be able to 100% support the myriad of hardware platforms out there, we encourage you to play the Coliseum beta from a device other than a computer and help us weed out any critical issues that arise.

If you experience any issues while testing the above feature(s), please try the following before posting a bug report:
  • Try to access the game with a different browser entirely to see if results are better.
  • Try a hard reset of your browser: CTRL+F5, Control + Refresh, etc
  • Try accessing the Coliseum Tech Beta through an incognito or private browsing mode.

If that does not work:
  1. Log out.
  2. Clear your browser's cache (with the instructions above).
  3. Close the browser window.
  4. Open new browser window.
  5. Log in.

If the above troubleshooting steps do not fix your issue, please provide us with the following information:
Quote:
  • Browser(s) Used
    • Browser(s) Version
  • Device(s) Used
    • Mobile
      Laptop
      Desktop
      Etc.
  • Device Operating System
    • Operating System Version
  • Internet Connection Type
    • Mobile
    • Wireless
    • Wired - cable/DSL?
    • School
    • Home
    • Work
  • Antivirus Installed
    • Antivirus Version
  • Describe the bug in detail:
    • Tell us everything you remember up until the problem occurred, especially if you can get it to happen reliably multiple times in a row. This information is the most important part of the report.
  • Include any screenshots you think may be relevant.

Detailed reports with information on how to reproduce the problem will help our engineers diagnose and address bugs with this feature.
  • Posts that are not reporting bugs about the above feature(s) will be removed.
  • Posts that are suggestions about the above feature(s) will be removed.

Thank you!
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
[b]Safari, iOS 11, iPhone SE, WiFi[/b] I posted this before, but I still can't fullscreen the coli on my phone. It's treating the whole thing as an unclickable image. However, the buttons next to it (Settings, Controls, etc.) work just fine. Very weird glitch. [img]https://i.imgur.com/iPlJqD5.jpg[/img] Otherwise, tapping the buttons during a battle is super responsive. It feels fast and smooth! The refreshing after every battle makes playing coli on mobile unplayable. It's so frustrating to have to adjust the screen so frequently. I've only been able to play up to three games before just being annoyed at the pace. It makes it feel so slow and it's just super unappealing.
Safari, iOS 11, iPhone SE, WiFi

I posted this before, but I still can't fullscreen the coli on my phone. It's treating the whole thing as an unclickable image. However, the buttons next to it (Settings, Controls, etc.) work just fine. Very weird glitch.

iPlJqD5.jpg

Otherwise, tapping the buttons during a battle is super responsive. It feels fast and smooth!

The refreshing after every battle makes playing coli on mobile unplayable. It's so frustrating to have to adjust the screen so frequently. I've only been able to play up to three games before just being annoyed at the pace. It makes it feel so slow and it's just super unappealing.
bouncy_fire_flight_by_dogi_crimson-da9o0vp.gif

Kelly • she/her
Fist of all I'm surprised how smooth the new coliseum works on mobile! Especially the teamselect was very troublesome on the old version but now everything runs perfectly well. The loading times for each battle still take a bit longer than on my laptop but that's fine for me.

I only found one issue. When I zoom all buttons become unresponsive. The animations continue, it's not frozen or crached, but nothing happenes when I click on something. It happenes both during battles and in the menu. As soon as I zoom back to the original size the buttons become clickable again. My screen is big enough for me to hit the buttons in their original size but it would be much esier if I could adjust the size.

Browser: Chrome
Device: Mobile
Operating system: Android (latest version)
Internet connection: Wireless

Edit: Since there are several reports about a similar issue in fullscreen: I was not using fullscreen.
Fist of all I'm surprised how smooth the new coliseum works on mobile! Especially the teamselect was very troublesome on the old version but now everything runs perfectly well. The loading times for each battle still take a bit longer than on my laptop but that's fine for me.

I only found one issue. When I zoom all buttons become unresponsive. The animations continue, it's not frozen or crached, but nothing happenes when I click on something. It happenes both during battles and in the menu. As soon as I zoom back to the original size the buttons become clickable again. My screen is big enough for me to hit the buttons in their original size but it would be much esier if I could adjust the size.

Browser: Chrome
Device: Mobile
Operating system: Android (latest version)
Internet connection: Wireless

Edit: Since there are several reports about a similar issue in fullscreen: I was not using fullscreen.
52bQegH.png
[quote name="k9machad" date=2018-02-08 08:00:10] [b]Safari, iOS 11, iPhone SE, WiFi[/b] I posted this before, but I still can't fullscreen the coli on my phone. It's treating the whole thing as an unclickable image. However, the buttons next to it (Settings, Controls, etc.) work just fine. Very weird glitch.[/quote] Confirming this on iOS 10, exactly as stated above. The fullscreen button is the only one behaving this way for me as well.
k9machad wrote on 2018-02-08:
Safari, iOS 11, iPhone SE, WiFi

I posted this before, but I still can't fullscreen the coli on my phone. It's treating the whole thing as an unclickable image. However, the buttons next to it (Settings, Controls, etc.) work just fine. Very weird glitch.

Confirming this on iOS 10, exactly as stated above. The fullscreen button is the only one behaving this way for me as well.
Raffle_Winner_Badge.png
Don't mind me, just here to report that the health bug persists on mobile.
Don't mind me, just here to report that the health bug persists on mobile.
nJQ97QX.pngsignatureletsmakesomescience_by_starryspelunker-da15fz6.pngjzvbXGV.png
Safari, iOS 11, iPhone 7+, Wireless WiFi

Ive found the coli is incredibly smooth on mobile, but I have to restate that the Captchas are impossible to see, especially on a tiny screen. I see really well and it still took me a minute. I also don’t know how random they’re supposed to be, but I did get one before I even had my first battle?
Otherwise, as stated, it’s very fluid movements, little to no lag I observed, and the coli only refreshes now, not the whole site! Great work staff!!
Safari, iOS 11, iPhone 7+, Wireless WiFi

Ive found the coli is incredibly smooth on mobile, but I have to restate that the Captchas are impossible to see, especially on a tiny screen. I see really well and it still took me a minute. I also don’t know how random they’re supposed to be, but I did get one before I even had my first battle?
Otherwise, as stated, it’s very fluid movements, little to no lag I observed, and the coli only refreshes now, not the whole site! Great work staff!!
taiwosig_by_bajanmightyena-db0h46f.png
VpPSB09.png
kehindesig_by_bajanmightyena-db0h477.png
I'm absolutely in love with how smooth it runs and how (1) easy it is to drag a dragon to the party without moving the screen around and (2) I don't need to press and hold an action button to select it. I've tried the Coloseum on both a phone and a tablet with no problems so far. Whatever you're doing, keep it up! I'll be looking forward to the finished result! :D
I'm absolutely in love with how smooth it runs and how (1) easy it is to drag a dragon to the party without moving the screen around and (2) I don't need to press and hold an action button to select it. I've tried the Coloseum on both a phone and a tablet with no problems so far. Whatever you're doing, keep it up! I'll be looking forward to the finished result! :D

Mobile Device 1
Browser(s) Safari
Browser(s) Whatever is latest for iOS
Device(s) iPad Mini 4
Device Operating System iOS
Operating System Version 11.2.5
Internet Connection Type Wireless

Mobile Device 2
Browser(s) Chrome
Browser(s) 64.0.3282.137
Device(s) Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Device Operating System Android Nougat
Operating System Version 7.0.0
Internet Connection Type 4G

Mobile Device 3
Browser(s) Safari
Device(s) iPod Touch (6th Generation)
Internet Connection Type School

Describe the bug in detail:

On all three devices, Coli Beta is triggering the double-tap zoom function. This is really disorienting, as it can zoom in and out quickly, at various times. This usually happens during a battle, when trying to select an opponent to attack, and is probably due to mistapping outside the actual target. The reason I am bringing this up is that this is different than legacy Coli. This does not happen on the original version, which I've double-checked a few times. With my Samsung Galaxy, this can be avoided in full-screen mode.

Similarly, it seems that there is some "flickering" caused when you are tapping/clicking because it seems to occasionally want to "highlight"/"select" the entire coli area. This appears to happen more often on my iPod/ipad/iOS than on my Samsung/Android device.

Fullscreen mode as noted does not work on my iOS devices, but I saw mention that there is some incompatibility. Fullscreen did appear to work, however, on legacy Coli. Fullscreen mode does appear to work somewhat on my Samsung Galaxy, but only when the phone is held sideways in "landscape" mode. Otherwise, the full screen only shows a portion of the Coli as it is very zoomed in.

Mobile Device 1
Browser(s) Safari
Device(s) iPad Mini 4
Internet Connection Type Wireless

Mobile Device 2
Browser(s) Chrome
Browser(s) 64.0.3282.137
Device(s) Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Device Operating System Android Nougat
Operating System Version 7.0.0
Internet Connection Type 4G

Mobile Device 3
Browser(s) Safari
Device(s) iPod Touch (6th Generation)
Internet Connection Type School

On all three devices, Coli Beta is triggering the double-tap zoom function. This is really disorienting, as it can zoom in and out quickly, at various times. This usually happens during a battle, when trying to select an opponent to attack, and is probably due to mistapping outside the actual target. The reason I am bringing this up is that this is different than legacy Coli. This does not happen on the original version, which I've double-checked a few times. With my Samsung Galaxy, this can be avoided in full-screen mode.

Similarly, it seems that there is some "flickering" caused when you are tapping/clicking because it seems to occasionally want to "highlight"/"select" the entire coli area. This appears to happen more often on my iPod/ipad/iOS than on my Samsung/Android device.

Fullscreen mode as noted does not work on my iOS devices, but I saw mention that there is some incompatibility. Fullscreen did appear to work, however, on legacy Coli. Fullscreen mode does appear to work somewhat on my Samsung Galaxy, but only when the phone is held sideways in "landscape" mode. Otherwise, the full screen only shows a portion of the Coli as it is very zoomed in.

YlCt8xa.png icB862J.gif Dg84nPV.png
Browser(s) Used - Chrome
Device(s) Used - Mobile - Huawei P9 lite
Device Operating System - Android 7.0 - EMUI 5.0
Internet Connection Type - Home
It always throws me off from fullscreen when it reloads the page, which can be really annoying since it currently reloads after everything. I'm not sure if this could be fixed at all, but better to know.
Browser(s) Used - Chrome
Device(s) Used - Mobile - Huawei P9 lite
Device Operating System - Android 7.0 - EMUI 5.0
Internet Connection Type - Home
It always throws me off from fullscreen when it reloads the page, which can be really annoying since it currently reloads after everything. I'm not sure if this could be fixed at all, but better to know.
vieXOVL.png
+9H FR time // 18+ // they/them // Wishlist // CS grab bags //free plague dom shop & Baldwin // Quiting CS, everything for FR // ~Triskele Nests~
cC8LyhW.png
Full screen mode does not work on my iPad Air 2.
Full screen mode does not work on my iPad Air 2.
Art shop Ich bin ein Berliner!
1 2 3 4 5