Bug Report Forums
Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Coliseum: February 7 Testing Thread
1 2 3 4
Thank you for participating in the [b]Coliseum Technical Beta![/b] [size=4]Today (Thursday, February 7th), we will be focus-testing [b]Visual Effects Options[/b][/size] This day's testing will focus on enabling/disabling the rich visual effects. -------- [b][size=4]If you experience any issues while testing the above feature(s), please try the following before posting a bug report:[/size][/b] [LIST] [*][url=http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache]Clear your browser's [b]cache.[/url][/b] [/LIST] [LIST] [*]Try to access the game with a [b]different browser[/b] entirely to see if results are better. [*]Try a [b]hard reset[/b] of your browser: [b]CTRL+F5, Control + Refresh, etc[/b] [*]Try accessing the Coliseum Tech Beta through [b]an incognito or private browsing mode[/b]. [/LIST] [b][size=4]If that does not work:[/size][/b] [LIST=1] [*][b]Log out.[/b] [*]Clear your browser's [b]cache[/b] (with the instructions above). [*][b]Close[/b] the browser window. [*][b]Open[/b] new browser window. [*][b]Log in.[/b] [/LIST] [b][size=4]If the above troubleshooting steps do not fix your issue, please provide us with the following information:[/size][/b] [quote][LIST] [*][b]Browser(s) Used[/b] [list][*]Browser(s) Version[/list] [*][b]Device(s) Used[/b] [list][*]Mobile Laptop Desktop Etc.[/list] [*][b]Device Operating System[/b] [list][*]Operating System Version[/list] [*][b]Internet Connection Type[/b] [list][*]Mobile [*]Wireless [*]Wired - cable/DSL? [*]School [*]Home [*]Work[/list] [*][b]Antivirus Installed[/b] [list][*]Antivirus Version[/list] [/LIST] [list] [*][b]Describe the bug in detail:[/b] [list][*]Tell us everything you remember up until the problem occurred, especially if you can get it to happen reliably multiple times in a row. This information is the most important part of the report.[/list][/list] [list][*][b]Include any screenshots you think may be relevant.[/b][/quote][/list] [b]Detailed reports with information on how to reproduce the problem[/b] will help our engineers diagnose and address bugs with this feature. [LIST] [*]Posts that are not reporting bugs about the above feature(s) will be removed. [*]Posts that are suggestions about the above feature(s) will be removed. [/LIST] Thank you!
Thank you for participating in the Coliseum Technical Beta!

Today (Thursday, February 7th), we will be focus-testing Visual Effects Options

This day's testing will focus on enabling/disabling the rich visual effects.

If you experience any issues while testing the above feature(s), please try the following before posting a bug report:
  • Try to access the game with a different browser entirely to see if results are better.
  • Try a hard reset of your browser: CTRL+F5, Control + Refresh, etc
  • Try accessing the Coliseum Tech Beta through an incognito or private browsing mode.

If that does not work:
  1. Log out.
  2. Clear your browser's cache (with the instructions above).
  3. Close the browser window.
  4. Open new browser window.
  5. Log in.

If the above troubleshooting steps do not fix your issue, please provide us with the following information:
Quote:
  • Browser(s) Used
    • Browser(s) Version
  • Device(s) Used
    • Mobile
      Laptop
      Desktop
      Etc.
  • Device Operating System
    • Operating System Version
  • Internet Connection Type
    • Mobile
    • Wireless
    • Wired - cable/DSL?
    • School
    • Home
    • Work
  • Antivirus Installed
    • Antivirus Version
  • Describe the bug in detail:
    • Tell us everything you remember up until the problem occurred, especially if you can get it to happen reliably multiple times in a row. This information is the most important part of the report.
  • Include any screenshots you think may be relevant.

Detailed reports with information on how to reproduce the problem will help our engineers diagnose and address bugs with this feature.
  • Posts that are not reporting bugs about the above feature(s) will be removed.
  • Posts that are suggestions about the above feature(s) will be removed.

Thank you!
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
[quote name="PixelSpiral" date=2018-02-05 06:21:39] (chrome on desktop, windows 7 x64, wired(no idea of the two version thingies), antivirus is avast 17.9.2322) [/quote] the visual settings and the rest of the buttons below are unclickable with the victory screen active
PixelSpiral wrote on 2018-02-05:
(chrome on desktop, windows 7 x64, wired(no idea of the two version thingies), antivirus is avast 17.9.2322)
the visual settings and the rest of the buttons below are unclickable with the victory screen active
r9b97HEe_o.png
good pun ^
I diabled the weather effects but nothing happened, is it something I missed out or is it really a bug?
I’m on an iPad Air using home WiFi browsing with safari
The screen sometimes flashes when I tap but I think it’s the problem with my device, not the program.
And the button with the game controller thing next to options doesn’t work, not even a bubble pops up like the full screen, which also doesn’t work for me...
But everything else is so awesome, the screen freezes when I disable the rich visual effects and I can disable the annoying rally “earthquakes”. Thank you for planning to change the reloading thing because I understand that it’ll make the coders go crazy...
I diabled the weather effects but nothing happened, is it something I missed out or is it really a bug?
The screen sometimes flashes when I tap but I think it’s the problem with my device, not the program.
And the button with the game controller thing next to options doesn’t work, not even a bubble pops up like the full screen, which also doesn’t work for me...
But everything else is so awesome, the screen freezes when I disable the rich visual effects and I can disable the annoying rally “earthquakes”. Thank you for planning to change the reloading thing because I understand that it’ll make the coders go crazy...
Hi, tynnk is my bro, he registered as tynnk the best because I stole his name
  • Browser: Firefox Quantum, latest version
  • Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
  • Device: Desktop
  • Internet: Wired
  • Antivirus: Norton

I haven't seen any issues with the effects as of now, but I discovered something else while moving through several venues to see them. In enemy groups of 4, you can see the elemental icon of the one closest to your dragons at the corner of the screen, while everything else is still loading. It doesn't seem to affect that enemy or anything, but considering it's appeared regardless of how fast FPS and my internet correction are now, it's an odd visual issue.
  • Browser: Firefox Quantum, latest version
  • Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
  • Device: Desktop
  • Internet: Wired
  • Antivirus: Norton

I haven't seen any issues with the effects as of now, but I discovered something else while moving through several venues to see them. In enemy groups of 4, you can see the elemental icon of the one closest to your dragons at the corner of the screen, while everything else is still loading. It doesn't seem to affect that enemy or anything, but considering it's appeared regardless of how fast FPS and my internet correction are now, it's an odd visual issue.
eWmUXDX.pngtrMxSqw.png
Older iPad, Safari, OS 11.2.1 on private WiFi

Not sure if these are actually bugs or are planned features, so just in case:

- Occurred in both the Boreal Wood and Kelp Beds. When you select weather effects and deselect rich visual effects the snow (or bubbles) stop moving.

- Can’t access visual effect buttons from victory or defeat screens.

Other than known issues with Dodge, etc when rich visuals are turned off those were my only “huh?” moments with the visual effects options. I was able to change them mid battle with no issues etc.

Ps. I joined after weather effects were disabled in the Coliseum. I do like having the flexibility to have it or not based on how I feel/mood/health/etc.
Older iPad, Safari, OS 11.2.1 on private WiFi

Not sure if these are actually bugs or are planned features, so just in case:

- Occurred in both the Boreal Wood and Kelp Beds. When you select weather effects and deselect rich visual effects the snow (or bubbles) stop moving.

- Can’t access visual effect buttons from victory or defeat screens.

Other than known issues with Dodge, etc when rich visuals are turned off those were my only “huh?” moments with the visual effects options. I was able to change them mid battle with no issues etc.

Ps. I joined after weather effects were disabled in the Coliseum. I do like having the flexibility to have it or not based on how I feel/mood/health/etc.
wpEE9mo.png
Chrome (64.0.3282.140 - current)
Mac OS Sierra on a laptop

Even with all options checked, some "floating" dragon types (nocturne, male coatl) don't float. Enemies and other dragon types (fae, spiral) still do.

Even with all options checked, some "floating" dragon types (nocturne, male coatl) don't float. Enemies and other dragon types (fae, spiral) still do.
wekFnQP.png
Browser(s) Used
Mozilla Firefox
Device(s) Used
Desktop (Dell of unknown model, if it helps)
Device Operating System
Windows 7 Professional
Internet Connection Type
Wireless
Antivirus Installed
avast, MalwareBytes

Describe the bug in detail:
There does not appear to be any visual indication of "super effective/not very effective" hits when using an elemental attack that's strong or weak against the opposing element, aside from the damage numbers being higher or lower. "Shakes/Flashes" were not turned off. (Actually, I'm not quite sure if this one was intentional. Please let me know if it is!)

Additionally, the health bug from yesterday has yet to resolve itself. (It's totally fine if it's gonna take time to be fixed, though. Just thought I'd let you know that this bug is still hanging around!)
Browser(s) Used
Mozilla Firefox
Device(s) Used
Desktop (Dell of unknown model, if it helps)
Device Operating System
Windows 7 Professional
Internet Connection Type
Wireless
Antivirus Installed
avast, MalwareBytes

Describe the bug in detail:
There does not appear to be any visual indication of "super effective/not very effective" hits when using an elemental attack that's strong or weak against the opposing element, aside from the damage numbers being higher or lower. "Shakes/Flashes" were not turned off. (Actually, I'm not quite sure if this one was intentional. Please let me know if it is!)

Additionally, the health bug from yesterday has yet to resolve itself. (It's totally fine if it's gonna take time to be fixed, though. Just thought I'd let you know that this bug is still hanging around!)
nJQ97QX.pngsignatureletsmakesomescience_by_starryspelunker-da15fz6.pngjzvbXGV.png
[quote name="Pandonkey" date=2018-02-07 06:57:27] Chrome (64.0.3282.140 - current) Mac OS Sierra on a laptop Even with all options checked, some "floating" dragon types (nocturne, male coatl) don't float. Enemies and other dragon types (fae, spiral) still do. [/quote] Can confirm this occurs on both Windows (Chrome) and iPhone (Safari), exactly as stated above, with the same breeds.
Pandonkey wrote on 2018-02-07:

Can confirm this occurs on both Windows (Chrome) and iPhone (Safari), exactly as stated above, with the same breeds.
Raffle_Winner_Badge.png
[quote name="Tynnk" date=2018-02-07 05:15:08] I diabled the weather effects but nothing happened, is it something I missed out or is it really a bug? I’m on an iPad Air using home WiFi browsing with safari [/quote] @Tynnk Currently the only venues with weather effects are Scorched Forest, Boreal Wood and Kelp Beds -- if you are not on one of those venues you will not notice a difference!
Tynnk wrote on 2018-02-07:

@Tynnk

Currently the only venues with weather effects are Scorched Forest, Boreal Wood and Kelp Beds -- if you are not on one of those venues you will not notice a difference!
Flight Rising Engineering Team

Flight Rising Knowledge Base
Flight Rising Rules & Policies
Browser
Chrome

Device used
ASUS Laptop

Device Operating System
Windows 10

Internet Connection Type
Wireless

Antivirus
AVG

In the old Coliseum build, if you had max breath and used Eliminate, the next round your breath would be lower to what i suppose the "maximum" is when using that move, but in the beta build this does not happen...? Is this supposed to happen or was there a change in design to how Eliminate works? I'm not completely sure if this is a bug.

Also not sure if the page should be reloading after every battle or if that's just a regular thing with the new code (some people with slower loading times might find this frustrating, so it seems worth mentioning).
Browser
Chrome

Device used
ASUS Laptop

Device Operating System
Windows 10

Internet Connection Type
Wireless

Antivirus
AVG

In the old Coliseum build, if you had max breath and used Eliminate, the next round your breath would be lower to what i suppose the "maximum" is when using that move, but in the beta build this does not happen...? Is this supposed to happen or was there a change in design to how Eliminate works? I'm not completely sure if this is a bug.

Also not sure if the page should be reloading after every battle or if that's just a regular thing with the new code (some people with slower loading times might find this frustrating, so it seems worth mentioning).
1 2 3 4