Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | 'Rare chance' of gene is very high
So this is a bit cheeky to put as a bug but...

I know almost no-one who hasn't got a Smirch gene yet - even those who have got very few chests so far
15 minutes after rollover there were 2.5 pages of the gene in AH.
I'm tracking (and farming heavily) and my current gene:chest rate is 1:4 - I have 4 of the scrolls so far.

There's wanting to make sure it won't be ridiculously expensive, and there's flooding the market in the first 6 hours of a 2-week event...
So this is a bit cheeky to put as a bug but...

I know almost no-one who hasn't got a Smirch gene yet - even those who have got very few chests so far
15 minutes after rollover there were 2.5 pages of the gene in AH.
I'm tracking (and farming heavily) and my current gene:chest rate is 1:4 - I have 4 of the scrolls so far.

There's wanting to make sure it won't be ridiculously expensive, and there's flooding the market in the first 6 hours of a 2-week event...
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
There's also the possibility that this is literally the only time of year where you can get this gene, so the chances are high because you will otherwise not be able to get it.

...Then again, the same can't necessarily be said for Nocturne Breed Change Scrolls, so uh. Hm.

Yeah I have like five of them. :"D
There's also the possibility that this is literally the only time of year where you can get this gene, so the chances are high because you will otherwise not be able to get it.

...Then again, the same can't necessarily be said for Nocturne Breed Change Scrolls, so uh. Hm.

Yeah I have like five of them. :"D

They/them, +0 FR time
Xd23BYL.gif
x363j0D.pngCsWpUgY.png Fandragon Wishlist
Sketches for gems
TCgSL.gif
Well, I haven't gotten one at all and I've opened about 15 chests. Some people are getting super lucky, and others of us are getting shafted by the RNG.

It may seem like there's a lot out of there, but I know several people here who haven't gotten one.
Well, I haven't gotten one at all and I've opened about 15 chests. Some people are getting super lucky, and others of us are getting shafted by the RNG.

It may seem like there's a lot out of there, but I know several people here who haven't gotten one.
TyYgOYZ.png
I have now opened 44 chests and have 10 genes.
I'm seeing genes pop up again and again in the chat I'm in.
This does not seem right.

AH price for gene: 75g
AH price for chest: 35g
I have now opened 44 chests and have 10 genes.
I'm seeing genes pop up again and again in the chat I'm in.
This does not seem right.

AH price for gene: 75g
AH price for chest: 35g
@Vendrus
My rate is NOT very high. I really need your luck >.>
6 hours in coli for one chest then 9 in gathering, all I got was one egg and a ton of apparel
@Vendrus
My rate is NOT very high. I really need your luck >.>
6 hours in coli for one chest then 9 in gathering, all I got was one egg and a ton of apparel
Okay, this isn't a luck thing, not when AH provides an overall indicator. The market is swamped with these genes after a single day.

FYI, 10-15 chests is also a poor sample size. Even 60 chests isn't great, but it's a sight better.
Okay, this isn't a luck thing, not when AH provides an overall indicator. The market is swamped with these genes after a single day.

FYI, 10-15 chests is also a poor sample size. Even 60 chests isn't great, but it's a sight better.
Opened 75 chests yesterday and I got 10 genes ~ You’re right about AH too, maybe this “rare” gene got too high a chance?
Opened 75 chests yesterday and I got 10 genes ~ You’re right about AH too, maybe this “rare” gene got too high a chance?
E5NiyJY.png
I'm thinking it might be at a rarity somewhere closer to getting a noct egg than getting a breed change? But otherwise agreeing that it feels awful common - I've gotten two Smirches and only one egg so far out of what's probably not more than 20 or so chests.
I'm thinking it might be at a rarity somewhere closer to getting a noct egg than getting a breed change? But otherwise agreeing that it feels awful common - I've gotten two Smirches and only one egg so far out of what's probably not more than 20 or so chests.
6BuWSPs.png
Taste the rainbow~
@mythopeia
At 116 chests, my gene count is nearly double my egg count :/

(116 chests, 18 genes, ~1 in 6 chests)
@mythopeia
At 116 chests, my gene count is nearly double my egg count :/

(116 chests, 18 genes, ~1 in 6 chests)
@Vendrus

That definitely sounds too high for something described as 'rare', yeah.
@Vendrus

That definitely sounds too high for something described as 'rare', yeah.
6BuWSPs.png
Taste the rainbow~