Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] Firefox Quantum
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
@Naurath

Maybe it's a zooming issue, see this post.
@Naurath

Maybe it's a zooming issue, see this post.

Browser(s) Used
Firefox Quantum, just switched from Chrome
Device(s) Used
Desktop
Device Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Internet Connection Type
Wired Comcast
Antivirus Installed
Windows Defender

Describe the bug in detail:
Quantum runs everything really nicely, EXCEPT for the Coliseum. It's constantly pretty laggy/stuttery. I also occasionally get some stutters when I'm playing Tidal Trouble while watching youtube videos, but they're short-lived and infrequent

Browser(s) Used
Firefox Quantum, just switched from Chrome
Device(s) Used
Desktop
Device Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Internet Connection Type
Wired Comcast
Antivirus Installed
Windows Defender

Quantum runs everything really nicely, EXCEPT for the Coliseum. It's constantly pretty laggy/stuttery. I also occasionally get some stutters when I'm playing Tidal Trouble while watching youtube videos, but they're short-lived and infrequent

pkYgro0.gifWow!!! You found a secret!!!
Linux just upgraded browser to 57. So far so good. Taking a while to get the feel with stuff moved around, though.
Linux just upgraded browser to 57. So far so good. Taking a while to get the feel with stuff moved around, though.
eP6ZvqL.png Flight Journey Lightning|Wind|Arcane|Nature|Shadow|Fire|Ice
Flight Project|Gen2 Imps
fkUgl3H.png
Wuxgpxj.png
@Maki Thanks for the suggestion. Sadly, my zoom is exactly the same as it's always been, and that it is on all the other pages on the site and off it, so I'm thinking that it's unlikely to be the issue. I'll try it out anyway.
@Maki Thanks for the suggestion. Sadly, my zoom is exactly the same as it's always been, and that it is on all the other pages on the site and off it, so I'm thinking that it's unlikely to be the issue. I'll try it out anyway.
0lSM1SJ.pngnnJGoJp.png

Browser(s) Used
Firefox Quantum
Device(s) Used
Laptop
Device Operating System
Mac OS X
Internet Connection Type
Wired and wireless at a university
Antivirus Installed
Symantic

Higher or Lower has been buggy for me since firefox updated. Almost every time I pick higher or lower, it takes me to the next face up card (frequently the same card) without going through the screen showing me the number of the card on the right. I think it is still crediting treasure to my account however, even for the cards it does not show. It usually only shows me the face down card a few times, at random, for each set of 25 guesses.

Browser(s) Used
Firefox Quantum
Device(s) Used
Laptop
Device Operating System
Mac OS X
Internet Connection Type
Wired and wireless at a university
Antivirus Installed
Symantic

Higher or Lower has been buggy for me since firefox updated. Almost every time I pick higher or lower, it takes me to the next face up card (frequently the same card) without going through the screen showing me the number of the card on the right. I think it is still crediting treasure to my account however, even for the cards it does not show. It usually only shows me the face down card a few times, at random, for each set of 25 guesses.
igmcfSH.pngPXjp8QF.pngOn4IJIp.pngxcRmvRB.pngprsdX1I.png
*inhales*
I don't usually use Firefox, but I did use my friend's desktop (Win7; 64b + AdBlock) that runs on Firefox Quantum a couple o' times.
Coli is a bit slower and the "bolt" animations don't always appear, but I think that's how it's always been. Other things, on the contrary, work even faster.
However, whenever I try to enter Tidal Trouble, there's some strange coding appearing, and then the window shuts immediately, so I couldn't take screenshots or copy the coding.

EDIT: Tried that again on my friend's desktop; everything is just fine now...
*inhales*
I don't usually use Firefox, but I did use my friend's desktop (Win7; 64b + AdBlock) that runs on Firefox Quantum a couple o' times.
Coli is a bit slower and the "bolt" animations don't always appear, but I think that's how it's always been. Other things, on the contrary, work even faster.
However, whenever I try to enter Tidal Trouble, there's some strange coding appearing, and then the window shuts immediately, so I couldn't take screenshots or copy the coding.

EDIT: Tried that again on my friend's desktop; everything is just fine now...
item_bamboo_cluster_by_dogi_crimson-daimqyf.gifCheck out the Mafia Game! item_bamboo_cluster_by_dogi_crimson-daimqyf.gif
Coliseum has always been slow and a bit laggy when I use Firefox, it didn't change much, so I will continue to use Chrome. As for the fairgrounds.. I tested it out with Firefox and well... it was like the coliseum, a bit slow and laggy, but the games I only tested were Jigsaw and Shock Switch, Jigsaw went smoothly while Shock Switch was a bit laggy.

Note: I did try with several tabs open while testing the coliseum, and with only that tab open, it still lagged and was a bit slow.
Coliseum has always been slow and a bit laggy when I use Firefox, it didn't change much, so I will continue to use Chrome. As for the fairgrounds.. I tested it out with Firefox and well... it was like the coliseum, a bit slow and laggy, but the games I only tested were Jigsaw and Shock Switch, Jigsaw went smoothly while Shock Switch was a bit laggy.

Note: I did try with several tabs open while testing the coliseum, and with only that tab open, it still lagged and was a bit slow.
505_c3432b0010a110c1_I.gifhoundoom.png 1472_b70e491bce5590a4_I.gif
I'm 9 hours ahead of FR. Used to be Swiftpaw99
[LIST] [*][b]Browser(s) Used[/b] [list][*]Browser(s) Firefox Quantum 57.0[/list] [*][b]Device(s) Used[/b] [list][*]Laptop: MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) [*]Desktop: (I have one at work, but I'm off for a week)[/list] [*][b]Device Operating System[/b] [list][*]OS 10.10.4 Yosemite[/list] [*][b]Internet Connection Type[/b] [list][*]Home: Wireless (DSL) [*]School/Work (to come)[/list] [*][b]Antivirus Installed[/b] [list][*]Sophos (school insisted)[/list] [/LIST] [list] [*][b]Observations in detail:[/b] [list][*]Each tab opened takes forever to load, but I don't think that's a FR issue. VoU links also take forever. [*]Snap Links Plus (any version) no longer works at all. I use it to open all my dragons to interact with my familiars. I'll have to move over to Chrome for that so I can use linkclump, but would really appreciate any leads to something that works on FF. If anyone [b]knows[/b] that updating my OS would help, let me know, or should I just go back to a lower version of FF? I can't remember what I was running before. This is my biggest problem with Quantum. [*]Artifracture started by running a little more smoothly where I could drag the pieces to exchange places. It slowed down gradulally until after awhile, I had to click the each of the two pieces to make them exchange. [*]After it loads, the Coliseum goes from page to page quicker. All attacks seemed to work fine. Refreshing went faster. 22 minutes to go from level 11 to level 12 (two trainees with Mire Flyer in Mire)[/list] [*]Once the tab opens and gets the page, Image-heavy pages (Familiar-Trading thread) seem to be loading faster. If I have more to add later, do you want me to edit this or add a new post?
  • Browser(s) Used
    • Browser(s) Firefox Quantum 57.0
  • Device(s) Used
    • Laptop: MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
    • Desktop: (I have one at work, but I'm off for a week)
  • Device Operating System
    • OS 10.10.4 Yosemite
  • Internet Connection Type
    • Home: Wireless (DSL)
    • School/Work (to come)
  • Antivirus Installed
    • Sophos (school insisted)
  • Observations in detail:
    • Each tab opened takes forever to load, but I don't think that's a FR issue. VoU links also take forever.
    • Snap Links Plus (any version) no longer works at all. I use it to open all my dragons to interact with my familiars. I'll have to move over to Chrome for that so I can use linkclump, but would really appreciate any leads to something that works on FF. If anyone knows that updating my OS would help, let me know, or should I just go back to a lower version of FF? I can't remember what I was running before. This is my biggest problem with Quantum.
    • Artifracture started by running a little more smoothly where I could drag the pieces to exchange places. It slowed down gradulally until after awhile, I had to click the each of the two pieces to make them exchange.
    • After it loads, the Coliseum goes from page to page quicker. All attacks seemed to work fine. Refreshing went faster. 22 minutes to go from level 11 to level 12 (two trainees with Mire Flyer in Mire)
  • Once the tab opens and gets the page, Image-heavy pages (Familiar-Trading thread) seem to be loading faster.

If I have more to add later, do you want me to edit this or add a new post?
Kleos
The pursuit and celebration of glorious action. Those who pursue Kleos must be willing to leave everything behind, seeking glory above all else. Those who achieve Kleos are heroes. They have become immortal through their actions and achieve the immortal honor of serving the glory of Glittermom, the Light Weaver.
Eternal renown, immortal fame - - Kleos is imperishable
I am debating on switching to Firefox for my FR because all of a sudden, with that buggy new Windows feature update (which I rolled back within a day or two because it was so bad), Coli and dragon dressing are pretty much impossible on Chrome (for the record, I do these things on a Surface, so I use touch screen). That said, the jerky, laggy Coli is really tough to deal with after how smoothly Chrome ran it.
I am debating on switching to Firefox for my FR because all of a sudden, with that buggy new Windows feature update (which I rolled back within a day or two because it was so bad), Coli and dragon dressing are pretty much impossible on Chrome (for the record, I do these things on a Surface, so I use touch screen). That said, the jerky, laggy Coli is really tough to deal with after how smoothly Chrome ran it.
vCKceu5.png
Browser(s) Used: Firefox Browser(s) Version: quantum Device(s) Used: Laptop Device Operating System: Windows 10 Version 1703 OS build 15063.726 Internet Connection Type Wireless Home Antivirus Installed: IObit malware fighter Describe the bug in detail: I don't know if its a Firefox thing or a windows 10 problem, but when I open tidal trouble my ram spikes up past the usage it should be, after playing a few rounds of tidal trouble my computer gave me an out of memory error. The mute button in tidal trouble is also not working correctly, I have it set to mute but it still plays the music [img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-tQDRS0amxy8/WhDDV-LAFXI/AAAAAAAAAoE/LTx8FQ4QoRAFZcrHATu9MZ37TIs5NWB2wCL0BGAYYCw/h1078/2017-11-18.png[/img]
Browser(s) Used: Firefox
Browser(s) Version: quantum
Device(s) Used: Laptop
Device Operating System: Windows 10 Version 1703 OS build 15063.726
Internet Connection Type
Wireless
Home
Antivirus Installed: IObit malware fighter

I don't know if its a Firefox thing or a windows 10 problem, but when I open tidal trouble my ram spikes up past the usage it should be, after playing a few rounds of tidal trouble my computer gave me an out of memory error.

The mute button in tidal trouble is also not working correctly, I have it set to mute but it still plays the music

2017-11-18.png
2016-02-01.png2016-02-03.gif.png2016-09-14.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11