Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] Firefox Quantum
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Browser(s) Used
Firefox Quantum 59.0.3

Device(s) Used
Desktop

Device Operating System
Windows 10

Internet Connection Type
Home, wired.

Antivirus Installed
Windows Home Defender

Describe the bug in detail:
Any attempts to use the fairgrounds or Coli for longer than ~5 minutes will cause the entire computer to freeze + lag. Firefox proceeds to crash a few minutes later. This occurs with just a single tab of firefox open with nothing else running.

Additional issue:
Higher or Lower rarely plays correctly. I make my guess, and it reloads with a new option without telling me whether or not I was correct. The number of turns I have go down, but I never get any treasure (and I doubt I was incorrect every single time). I just checked this on Chrome and it played fine.
Browser(s) Used
Firefox Quantum 59.0.3

Device(s) Used
Desktop

Device Operating System
Windows 10

Internet Connection Type
Home, wired.

Antivirus Installed
Windows Home Defender

Describe the bug in detail:
Any attempts to use the fairgrounds or Coli for longer than ~5 minutes will cause the entire computer to freeze + lag. Firefox proceeds to crash a few minutes later. This occurs with just a single tab of firefox open with nothing else running.

Additional issue:
Higher or Lower rarely plays correctly. I make my guess, and it reloads with a new option without telling me whether or not I was correct. The number of turns I have go down, but I never get any treasure (and I doubt I was incorrect every single time). I just checked this on Chrome and it played fine.
Browser(s) Used
Firefox Quantum 59.0.3

Device(s) Used
Dell Inspiron Laptop
(I forget the exact model, unfortunately)

Device Operating System
Windows 10

Internet Connection Type
Wireless, Home

Antivirus Installed
McAfee WebAdvisor, Avast

Describe the bug in detail
The Coliseum works totally fine, but whenever I attempt to use the Fairgrounds I run into issues.
Higher or Lower works fine, but with Tidal Trouble I can play fine for maybe 5 minutes maximum before Firefox begins freezing up and making my entire computer lag. The browser goes unresponsive, followed by the fairgrounds screen going white, at which point my computer unfreezes and I can close the window and reboot firefox and FR.

I haven't tried with the other fairgrounds games, but when I do I can update this.
Edit - It appears all of the games except Tidal Trouble work fine.

I have tried having it be the only tab open, and clearing my cache, and that changes nothing.

I also have Internet Explorer and Google Chrome; the fairgrounds work totally fine on both of them.
Browser(s) Used
Firefox Quantum 59.0.3

Device(s) Used
Dell Inspiron Laptop
(I forget the exact model, unfortunately)

Device Operating System
Windows 10

Internet Connection Type
Wireless, Home

Antivirus Installed
McAfee WebAdvisor, Avast

Describe the bug in detail
The Coliseum works totally fine, but whenever I attempt to use the Fairgrounds I run into issues.
Higher or Lower works fine, but with Tidal Trouble I can play fine for maybe 5 minutes maximum before Firefox begins freezing up and making my entire computer lag. The browser goes unresponsive, followed by the fairgrounds screen going white, at which point my computer unfreezes and I can close the window and reboot firefox and FR.

I haven't tried with the other fairgrounds games, but when I do I can update this.
Edit - It appears all of the games except Tidal Trouble work fine.

I have tried having it be the only tab open, and clearing my cache, and that changes nothing.

I also have Internet Explorer and Google Chrome; the fairgrounds work totally fine on both of them.
968.png ...| #145955 |
...| She/Her |
...| INFP |
...| 23 |
...| FR+3 |
Browser Used: Firefox Quantum 61.0.1 64-bit Device Used: Dell XPS 13 Laptop Operating System: Windows 10 Internet: Home Wireless Antivirus Installed: McAfee LiveSafe Bug: I've been getting 504 and 408 errors. They actually started for me after the anniversary update, but got worse after the Glimmer & Gloom addition, and have been extreme since yesterday evening. I know there was an issue that was being cleared up, but I wanted to say it's still happening for me. I've also had issues with images breaking intermittently since the anniversary update, as well as the Fairgrounds terminating with a "connection lost" message, which used to happen very rarely. It's the same with the Coliseum, which will also sometimes start to load a venue, and then "freeze" with the dragons' health bars loaded, and the options for attack, heal, defend, and flee all greyed out, but just a white space above them. [img]http://ranalore.slashcity.net/Frozenvenue.png[/img] Today, I've been getting the "Connection to Flight Rising server lost. Server may be down or unresponsive. Please check that your internet connection, network and antivirus software are properly configured and not set to block flightrising.com" error on the Coliseum every other time I try to load it. Then, when I do manage to load it, I have the frozen venue load issue about every third to fourth time. It's making the Coli utterly unplayable.
Browser Used: Firefox Quantum 61.0.1 64-bit
Device Used: Dell XPS 13 Laptop
Operating System: Windows 10
Internet: Home Wireless
Antivirus Installed: McAfee LiveSafe
Bug:
I've been getting 504 and 408 errors. They actually started for me after the anniversary update, but got worse after the Glimmer & Gloom addition, and have been extreme since yesterday evening. I know there was an issue that was being cleared up, but I wanted to say it's still happening for me.

I've also had issues with images breaking intermittently since the anniversary update, as well as the Fairgrounds terminating with a "connection lost" message, which used to happen very rarely. It's the same with the Coliseum, which will also sometimes start to load a venue, and then "freeze" with the dragons' health bars loaded, and the options for attack, heal, defend, and flee all greyed out, but just a white space above them.

Frozenvenue.png

Today, I've been getting the "Connection to Flight Rising server lost. Server may be down or unresponsive. Please check that your internet connection, network and antivirus software are properly configured and not set to block flightrising.com" error on the Coliseum every other time I try to load it. Then, when I do manage to load it, I have the frozen venue load issue about every third to fourth time. It's making the Coli utterly unplayable.
2r1O20i.pngJzHR8yv.pngSeafoam_Sidekicks_1.png2XA7Pb0.pngcMCOBAh.pngkummiW9.png
Browser used: Firefox Quantum 61.0.1 (64-bit) Device used: Clevo P771DM-G laptop OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Connection type: Wireless Antivirus: Kaspersky and malwarebytes premium The coliseum appears to be having an intermittent massive memory leak on firefox quantum today, I haven't tested it on chrome. My memory tab on task manager is shooting up to ridiculous levels on the firefox process while in the coliseum. It immediately drops back down after going to another part of the site. It appears to be triggering [b]after[/b] you get a coliseum captcha image from my observations of task manager. The STR+ captcha is what triggered it on my last test. The image below shows how high my memory usage got, enough to crash a lot of lower end laptops. [img]https://i.imgur.com/l6nvVNO.png[/img] EDIT: I tested this again earlier, instant memory leak on firefox quantum so I switched to chrome. No issues at all on there so it appears to definitely be a firefox issue.
Browser used: Firefox Quantum 61.0.1 (64-bit)
Device used: Clevo P771DM-G laptop
Connection type: Wireless
Antivirus: Kaspersky and malwarebytes premium

The coliseum appears to be having an intermittent massive memory leak on firefox quantum today, I haven't tested it on chrome. My memory tab on task manager is shooting up to ridiculous levels on the firefox process while in the coliseum. It immediately drops back down after going to another part of the site. It appears to be triggering after you get a coliseum captcha image from my observations of task manager. The STR+ captcha is what triggered it on my last test.
The image below shows how high my memory usage got, enough to crash a lot of lower end laptops.
l6nvVNO.png

EDIT: I tested this again earlier, instant memory leak on firefox quantum so I switched to chrome. No issues at all on there so it appears to definitely be a firefox issue.
Browser / Version: Firefox 61.0

Operating System: Linux

Device Used: Dell Optiplex 760

Tested Another Browser: Yes

Description: Colour on the Flight Rising dropdown box on Scrying Workshop, Auction house, etc. is not showing colour like it should

Steps to Reproduce:
Before updating Firefox Quantum, FlightRising's dropdown menus worked perfectly fine with me and I never had a problem with seeing the colour each name had. However, I have tried updating Firefox again in hopes of it working and to no avail, the menu is still colourless. I did go to the extent of downloading Chrome to test if it was a problem with my Linux version or my Firefox, and low and behold it worked on there.
Browser / Version: Firefox 61.0

Operating System: Linux

Device Used: Dell Optiplex 760

Tested Another Browser: Yes

Description: Colour on the Flight Rising dropdown box on Scrying Workshop, Auction house, etc. is not showing colour like it should

Steps to Reproduce:
Before updating Firefox Quantum, FlightRising's dropdown menus worked perfectly fine with me and I never had a problem with seeing the colour each name had. However, I have tried updating Firefox again in hopes of it working and to no avail, the menu is still colourless. I did go to the extent of downloading Chrome to test if it was a problem with my Linux version or my Firefox, and low and behold it worked on there.
  • Browser: Firefox Quantum (61.0.1)
  • Device(s) used: Laptop (Asus 2-in-1)
  • Device operating system: Windows 10 Home 64 bit
  • Internet connection type: Cabled/Ethernet, non DSL
  • Antivirus installed: Avast! (18.5.2342)
  • Bug: My problems seem to be with Tidal Trouble.

Artifracture and Jigsaw work fine, with maybe an occasional freeze, Glimmer and Gloom and Shock Switch work without freezing. Coli seems fine and does not seem to freeze at all. Runestones of the Arcanist seems fine, though I'm not sure if I experienced as much delay in matched runes disappearing before (a long time back, before quantum).

Tidal Trouble doesn't register turning off the sound until you've played one round, and after only a few rounds (on average 5-10) the whole page crashes, either to mostly white or black, no sidebar, only usually the title of the game left, and I have to reload the page to go anywhere else or play the game. It also freezes more often while it's working. Overall just nonfunctional.
  • Browser: Firefox Quantum (61.0.1)
  • Device(s) used: Laptop (Asus 2-in-1)
  • Device operating system: Windows 10 Home 64 bit
  • Internet connection type: Cabled/Ethernet, non DSL
  • Antivirus installed: Avast! (18.5.2342)
  • Bug: My problems seem to be with Tidal Trouble.

Artifracture and Jigsaw work fine, with maybe an occasional freeze, Glimmer and Gloom and Shock Switch work without freezing. Coli seems fine and does not seem to freeze at all. Runestones of the Arcanist seems fine, though I'm not sure if I experienced as much delay in matched runes disappearing before (a long time back, before quantum).

Tidal Trouble doesn't register turning off the sound until you've played one round, and after only a few rounds (on average 5-10) the whole page crashes, either to mostly white or black, no sidebar, only usually the title of the game left, and I have to reload the page to go anywhere else or play the game. It also freezes more often while it's working. Overall just nonfunctional.
eZCszQ2.png1GLQpTC.pngV4alZnn.png
Browser: Firefox Version 61.0.1 (64-bit)
Device(s) Used: Desktop, Acer Aspire TC-780 with Intel Core i5-7400 CPU
Device Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Internet Connection Type: Wired - cable
Describe the bug in detail: I can literally run the coliseum for hours of grinding and have no issue, EXCEPT as soon as I try to grind in the Kelp Beds. What happens is my system immediately starts to chug, and this occurs whether I'm watching a video off to the side, or am doing NOTHING except playing coliseum. And by "chug" I mean 98% of my system's memory is suddenly taken over by Firefox, to the extent that even trying to hit control-alt-delete to verify what processes are hogging resources leads to a loading screen/delay to even offer the option to view the task manager. It is as if a memory leak opened and very quickly drained away the system's resources.

As soon as I (slowly) get the coliseum to let me leave the kelp beds, or close the tab, the issue resolves within seconds. I have to assume the issue is linked to the bubble/weather effects in the Kelp Beds somehow. My coliseum options are currently set to allow Weather Effects and Rich Visual effects, but to not allow Flashes/Shakes. I have confirmed my Java is up to date. I do not experience this issue on any other site, or even any other venue of the coliseum, even venues with 'similar' effects such as Boreal Woods. Seeing some of the above reports I double checked playing Tidal Trouble, and did not experience this slow down/chug.

Browser: Firefox Version 61.0.1 (64-bit)
Device(s) Used: Desktop, Acer Aspire TC-780 with Intel Core i5-7400 CPU
Device Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Internet Connection Type: Wired - cable
Describe the bug in detail: I can literally run the coliseum for hours of grinding and have no issue, EXCEPT as soon as I try to grind in the Kelp Beds. What happens is my system immediately starts to chug, and this occurs whether I'm watching a video off to the side, or am doing NOTHING except playing coliseum. And by "chug" I mean 98% of my system's memory is suddenly taken over by Firefox, to the extent that even trying to hit control-alt-delete to verify what processes are hogging resources leads to a loading screen/delay to even offer the option to view the task manager. It is as if a memory leak opened and very quickly drained away the system's resources.

As soon as I (slowly) get the coliseum to let me leave the kelp beds, or close the tab, the issue resolves within seconds. I have to assume the issue is linked to the bubble/weather effects in the Kelp Beds somehow. My coliseum options are currently set to allow Weather Effects and Rich Visual effects, but to not allow Flashes/Shakes. I have confirmed my Java is up to date. I do not experience this issue on any other site, or even any other venue of the coliseum, even venues with 'similar' effects such as Boreal Woods. Seeing some of the above reports I double checked playing Tidal Trouble, and did not experience this slow down/chug.

EGjlGzP.png
[quote name="SeaJules" date="2018-07-10 11:27:20" ] Browser Used: Firefox Quantum 61.0.1 64-bit Device Used: Dell XPS 13 Laptop Operating System: Windows 10 Internet: Home Wireless Antivirus Installed: McAfee LiveSafe Bug: I've been getting 504 and 408 errors. They actually started for me after the anniversary update, but got worse after the Glimmer & Gloom addition, and have been extreme since yesterday evening. I know there was an issue that was being cleared up, but I wanted to say it's still happening for me. I've also had issues with images breaking intermittently since the anniversary update, as well as the Fairgrounds terminating with a "connection lost" message, which used to happen very rarely. It's the same with the Coliseum, which will also sometimes start to load a venue, and then "freeze" with the dragons' health bars loaded, and the options for attack, heal, defend, and flee all greyed out, but just a white space above them. [img]http://ranalore.slashcity.net/Frozenvenue.png[/img] Today, I've been getting the "Connection to Flight Rising server lost. Server may be down or unresponsive. Please check that your internet connection, network and antivirus software are properly configured and not set to block flightrising.com" error on the Coliseum every other time I try to load it. Then, when I do manage to load it, I have the frozen venue load issue about every third to fourth time. It's making the Coli utterly unplayable. [/quote] Browser Used: Firefox Quantum 63.0.1 64-bit Device Used: Dell inspiron desktop Operating System: Windows 10 Internet: Home Wireless Antivirus Installed: windows defender Bug: this is happening to me right now... its the exact same thing as what this user im quoting is describing the coli worked perfectly for me yesterday and the entire site worked normally for me a few hours ago now the entire site takes a while to load but the coli venue battles wont even load at all like what the user im quoting said its working on chrome tho
SeaJules wrote on 2018-07-10 11:27:20:
Browser Used: Firefox Quantum 61.0.1 64-bit
Device Used: Dell XPS 13 Laptop
Antivirus Installed: McAfee LiveSafe
Bug:
I've been getting 504 and 408 errors. They actually started for me after the anniversary update, but got worse after the Glimmer & Gloom addition, and have been extreme since yesterday evening. I know there was an issue that was being cleared up, but I wanted to say it's still happening for me.

I've also had issues with images breaking intermittently since the anniversary update, as well as the Fairgrounds terminating with a "connection lost" message, which used to happen very rarely. It's the same with the Coliseum, which will also sometimes start to load a venue, and then "freeze" with the dragons' health bars loaded, and the options for attack, heal, defend, and flee all greyed out, but just a white space above them.

Frozenvenue.png

Today, I've been getting the "Connection to Flight Rising server lost. Server may be down or unresponsive. Please check that your internet connection, network and antivirus software are properly configured and not set to block flightrising.com" error on the Coliseum every other time I try to load it. Then, when I do manage to load it, I have the frozen venue load issue about every third to fourth time. It's making the Coli utterly unplayable.
Browser Used: Firefox Quantum 63.0.1 64-bit
Device Used: Dell inspiron desktop
Antivirus Installed: windows defender
Bug:
this is happening to me right now...
its the exact same thing as what this user im quoting is describing
the coli worked perfectly for me yesterday and the entire site worked normally for me a few hours ago
now the entire site takes a while to load but the coli venue battles wont even load at all like what the user im quoting said

its working on chrome tho
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
Give & get space tertiary game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
Bug:
i cant buy roundsey tickets from firefox (it shows an endless loading animation)
the ticket window only loads from chrome

i used to be able to buy tickets in firefox but recently like this month i cant buy them there anymore
Bug:
i cant buy roundsey tickets from firefox (it shows an endless loading animation)
the ticket window only loads from chrome

i used to be able to buy tickets in firefox but recently like this month i cant buy them there anymore
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
Give & get space tertiary game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
Browser Used: Firefox Quantum 64.0 64-bit
Device Used: Macbook Pro laptop. (2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB)
Operating System: OS X 10.9.5 (look, I need some old graphics programs, okay?)
Internet: Cable-modem; I'm actually using a CAT-5 connection to some hub with blinkenlights on it that leads to the modem as well. (Printer wouldn't work without the cable; I turned off wifi at one point AND INTERNET STILL HAPPENED. It was spooky till I realized the cable went to the hub, not just the printer.)
Antivirus Installed: It's A Mac.

Bug: Same as monkfishlover, right above. Attempting to buy tickets from Roundsey just has the Endless Rotation going. I have to switch to Safari (which can't run the Coliseum) to buy tickets. This has been going for at least as long as monkfishlover's bug.
Browser Used: Firefox Quantum 64.0 64-bit
Device Used: Macbook Pro laptop. (2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB)
Operating System: OS X 10.9.5 (look, I need some old graphics programs, okay?)
Internet: Cable-modem; I'm actually using a CAT-5 connection to some hub with blinkenlights on it that leads to the modem as well. (Printer wouldn't work without the cable; I turned off wifi at one point AND INTERNET STILL HAPPENED. It was spooky till I realized the cable went to the hub, not just the printer.)
Antivirus Installed: It's A Mac.

Bug: Same as monkfishlover, right above. Attempting to buy tickets from Roundsey just has the Endless Rotation going. I have to switch to Safari (which can't run the Coliseum) to buy tickets. This has been going for at least as long as monkfishlover's bug.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11