Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Coliseum Lagging BAD
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Browser and browser version number
chrome Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)

MacOS version number (Apple icon -> About This Mac)
Version 10.12.5

Type of mac and how old it is (if known)
macBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)

What coliseum venues you are typically playing
Mire

Do symptoms happen immediately, appear suddenly after playing for some time, or gradually appear over some time?
As soon as I launch the coli, the cpu % used shoots up to somewhere between 135% and 145% via activity monitor. Sometimes the lag begins immediately, sometimes it takes a few battles. Sometimes its intermittent but the longer i stay in there before reloading, the worse it gets over time.

Is it a low frame rate issue (choppy animations), -OR- is the frame rate high but there is a lot of latency while playing? (smooth animations, but it takes a long time after making a choice for the action to be carried out)
Both. Animation sometimes is so slow it becomes choppy. Sometimes it just sits there for a long time before the animations begin. Sometimes the dragon moving across the screen to attack just hangs for awhile. As others have said, special attacks (magic, eliminate) from both enemies and dragons cause the lag to be worse and hanging to increase.

as an aside, I also have the safari "can't click on anything" bug but I think that's probably a sitewide, browserwide issue :(
chrome Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)

MacOS version number (Apple icon -> About This Mac)
Version 10.12.5

macBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)

Mire

Do symptoms happen immediately, appear suddenly after playing for some time, or gradually appear over some time?
As soon as I launch the coli, the cpu % used shoots up to somewhere between 135% and 145% via activity monitor. Sometimes the lag begins immediately, sometimes it takes a few battles. Sometimes its intermittent but the longer i stay in there before reloading, the worse it gets over time.

Is it a low frame rate issue (choppy animations), -OR- is the frame rate high but there is a lot of latency while playing? (smooth animations, but it takes a long time after making a choice for the action to be carried out)
Both. Animation sometimes is so slow it becomes choppy. Sometimes it just sits there for a long time before the animations begin. Sometimes the dragon moving across the screen to attack just hangs for awhile. As others have said, special attacks (magic, eliminate) from both enemies and dragons cause the lag to be worse and hanging to increase.

as an aside, I also have the safari "can't click on anything" bug but I think that's probably a sitewide, browserwide issue :(
Thanks for the continued reports! I do not have any updates as of yet but my current theory is that there may be at least a few issues at play here due to the varying symptoms.

@houseBurning Does the CPU shoot up when you are just sitting at the lobby screen (not in a battle) or does it only shoot up when a battle starts?
Thanks for the continued reports! I do not have any updates as of yet but my current theory is that there may be at least a few issues at play here due to the varying symptoms.

@houseBurning Does the CPU shoot up when you are just sitting at the lobby screen (not in a battle) or does it only shoot up when a battle starts?
Flight Rising Engineering Team

Flight Rising Knowledge Base
Flight Rising Rules & Policies
I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Browser and browser version number: Version 59.0.3071.115

macOS version number: Sierra 10.12.5

Type of mac and how old it is (if known): Mac Air, roughly 5 years old

What coliseum venues you are typically playing: Volcanic vents, redrock cove

Do symptoms happen immediately, appear suddenly after playing for some time, or gradually appear over some time?: Immedietely after loading the venue

Is it a low frame rate issue (choppy animations), -OR- is the frame rate high but there is a lot of latency while playing? (smooth animations, but it takes a long time after making a choice for the action to be carried out): Low frame rate and low response time

Any other relevant information, such as if any particular abilities or enemies seem to trigger the issue: tried to recreate with Safari and Coli seems to be working fine there, except for the known button issue
I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Browser and browser version number: Version 59.0.3071.115

macOS version number: Sierra 10.12.5

Type of mac and how old it is (if known): Mac Air, roughly 5 years old

What coliseum venues you are typically playing: Volcanic vents, redrock cove

Do symptoms happen immediately, appear suddenly after playing for some time, or gradually appear over some time?: Immedietely after loading the venue

Is it a low frame rate issue (choppy animations), -OR- is the frame rate high but there is a lot of latency while playing? (smooth animations, but it takes a long time after making a choice for the action to be carried out): Low frame rate and low response time

Any other relevant information, such as if any particular abilities or enemies seem to trigger the issue: tried to recreate with Safari and Coli seems to be working fine there, except for the known button issue
tumblr_ntm7epgFYF1so3ak9o1_500.gif
Chrome Version 60.0.3112.78 (Official Build) (64-bit)

macOS version number (Apple icon -> About This Mac)
OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

MacBook Air mid 2011

I typically run the kelp beds, but the issue occurs in all venues.

Clicking through the menu is fast, but as soon as I enter a venue, things slow to a crawl and remain there.
Chrome just finished updating for me and at first the coli was running much better but still slow. As soon as the enemy's turn came, everything slowed way down, more so than what I was experiencing. I've refreshed and entered different venues, but they are extremely slow right from the start.

Both, but mostly a low frame rate.
I am experiencing both now to a greater degree.

Any other relevant information, such as if any particular abilities or enemies seem to trigger the issue
Using the coli makes my computer heat up very quickly. It takes about a minute to a minute and a half for my computer's fan to be blowing at something like mach 10 Chrome just updated and the coli is running much faster than it had been but the framerate is still low. latency is much better
Haha nope. fps and latency are at an all time low for me.
Chrome Version 60.0.3112.78 (Official Build) (64-bit)

OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

MacBook Air mid 2011

I typically run the kelp beds, but the issue occurs in all venues.

Clicking through the menu is fast, but as soon as I enter a venue, things slow to a crawl and remain there.
Chrome just finished updating for me and at first the coli was running much better but still slow. As soon as the enemy's turn came, everything slowed way down, more so than what I was experiencing. I've refreshed and entered different venues, but they are extremely slow right from the start.

Both, but mostly a low frame rate.
I am experiencing both now to a greater degree.

Any other relevant information, such as if any particular abilities or enemies seem to trigger the issue
Using the coli makes my computer heat up very quickly. It takes about a minute to a minute and a half for my computer's fan to be blowing at something like mach 10 Chrome just updated and the coli is running much faster than it had been but the framerate is still low. latency is much better
Haha nope. fps and latency are at an all time low for me.
Browser and browser version number:
54.0.1 (32-bit) confirmed up to date

macOS version number / Type of mac and how old it is (if known)
I am not on a Mac actually, but didn't want to clog the forums with another thread. Windows 8.1 on a desktop that is about 3 years old. Confirmed similar on my laptop that is less than 6 months old and runs Windows 10 though.

Ghostlight Ruins primarily

Sometimes they gradually appear over time, today they appeared suddenly.

Both. Today at about 15:40 site time, there was significant latency following the selection of using Eliminate on a Lux Spectre. The command did finally go through, but then the coliseum became unresponsive again and finally gave me the connection closed error. I reloaded and returned to Ghostlight Ruins, and at 15:55 is when the low frame rates hit instead. I stopped to check the forums and see if anyone else had reported since this is getting bad.

Generally occurs when I am using Scratch or Eliminate. I have also noticed latency when selecting Rally to use.
Browser and browser version number:
54.0.1 (32-bit) confirmed up to date

macOS version number / Type of mac and how old it is (if known)
I am not on a Mac actually, but didn't want to clog the forums with another thread. Windows 8.1 on a desktop that is about 3 years old. Confirmed similar on my laptop that is less than 6 months old and runs Windows 10 though.

Ghostlight Ruins primarily

Sometimes they gradually appear over time, today they appeared suddenly.

Both. Today at about 15:40 site time, there was significant latency following the selection of using Eliminate on a Lux Spectre. The command did finally go through, but then the coliseum became unresponsive again and finally gave me the connection closed error. I reloaded and returned to Ghostlight Ruins, and at 15:55 is when the low frame rates hit instead. I stopped to check the forums and see if anyone else had reported since this is getting bad.

Generally occurs when I am using Scratch or Eliminate. I have also noticed latency when selecting Rally to use.
EGjlGzP.png
@Mutron

Today it's at a wild 230! And it happens as soon as I open the coliseum link, before ever entering a battle.

I actually grabbed a copy of the new developer beta for google canary and it doesn't appear to be having the cpu spike, so there's that at least!
@Mutron

Today it's at a wild 230! And it happens as soon as I open the coliseum link, before ever entering a battle.

I actually grabbed a copy of the new developer beta for google canary and it doesn't appear to be having the cpu spike, so there's that at least!
Google Chrome Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Windows 10, HP Laptop.

What coliseum venues you are typically playing;
Mire

During the second battle, attacks will lag until the whole coli crashes and says I am not connected to the server.

Yes

I am only using Scratch or Eliminate and during the end of the 2nd battle/3rd battle when I have enough breath for Eliminate this happens.
Google Chrome Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Windows 10, HP Laptop.

What coliseum venues you are typically playing;
Mire

During the second battle, attacks will lag until the whole coli crashes and says I am not connected to the server.

Yes

I am only using Scratch or Eliminate and during the end of the 2nd battle/3rd battle when I have enough breath for Eliminate this happens.
[quote name=Specifications] Safari ver. 10.1.1 macOS 10.12.5 Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, mid-2015) [/quote] Lately, I've really only been playing in the Training Fields. That's where I've had the bug so far. ...Every time. LOL It's [i]mostly[/i] immediate. Basically, I'll enter a venue, start a fight; click a move for one of the dragons, but by the time it's the next dragon's turn, everything is still animated and moving fine, but the cursor changes to just a normal pointer, and I can no longer click/activate any of the buttons. It renders it unusable and I have to refresh. So far it's happened 2-3 times in a row. I had been using Chrome the last time I used Coli and I had no issues, but Chrome tends to make my computer run hotter so I just switched to Safari. I didn't see a pattern, enemy/ability-wise.
Specifications wrote:
Safari ver. 10.1.1
macOS 10.12.5
Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, mid-2015)

Lately, I've really only been playing in the Training Fields. That's where I've had the bug so far. ...Every time. LOL
It's mostly immediate. Basically, I'll enter a venue, start a fight; click a move for one of the dragons, but by the time it's the next dragon's turn, everything is still animated and moving fine, but the cursor changes to just a normal pointer, and I can no longer click/activate any of the buttons. It renders it unusable and I have to refresh. So far it's happened 2-3 times in a row. I had been using Chrome the last time I used Coli and I had no issues, but Chrome tends to make my computer run hotter so I just switched to Safari.
I didn't see a pattern, enemy/ability-wise.
inkfinity -- { FIND ME WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE }
macOS version number: 10.12.5

Type of mac and how old it is: MacBook Pro, 6 years old

What coliseum venues you are typically playing: The mire

Do symptoms happen immediately, appear suddenly after playing for some time, or gradually appear over some time?: Overtime initially, but will continue once it started even if the page is reloaded.

Is it a low frame rate issue (choppy animations), -OR- is the frame rate high but there is a lot of latency while playing?: Definitely a frame rate issue

Any other relevant information:
It acts slow on chrome browser but on safari browser it you can make a couple of moves than the entire coliseum game freezes in the browser. it resets when you reload the page. there is no issue on safari browser on iPhone SE
macOS version number: 10.12.5

Type of mac and how old it is: MacBook Pro, 6 years old

What coliseum venues you are typically playing: The mire

Do symptoms happen immediately, appear suddenly after playing for some time, or gradually appear over some time?: Overtime initially, but will continue once it started even if the page is reloaded.

Is it a low frame rate issue (choppy animations), -OR- is the frame rate high but there is a lot of latency while playing?: Definitely a frame rate issue

Any other relevant information:
It acts slow on chrome browser but on safari browser it you can make a couple of moves than the entire coliseum game freezes in the browser. it resets when you reload the page. there is no issue on safari browser on iPhone SE
tumblr_ncyq60PF4M1tju6vto1_500.gif
The coliseum has been running EXTREMELY slow for me ever since aug 2, right off the bat. I had to restart my computer since the battery ran out, but that's never seemed to cause any problems before. I had hoped that it would be back to normal that next morning, but it still seems to be running incredibly slow. Here are my stats:

Browser: Chrome, Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Devices used: Macbook
Internet Connection: Home
Antivirus: None

it's still pretty bad.
The coliseum has been running EXTREMELY slow for me ever since aug 2, right off the bat. I had to restart my computer since the battery ran out, but that's never seemed to cause any problems before. I had hoped that it would be back to normal that next morning, but it still seems to be running incredibly slow. Here are my stats:

Browser: Chrome, Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Devices used: Macbook
Internet Connection: Home
Antivirus: None

it's still pretty bad.
img.jpg
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8