Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Dragons jumping around lair
1 2 3
Sometimes it happens when I've:
1. Left the lair pages and checked on other things. No apparent reason at all. Usually checking arrange and clicking back and forth between the pages affected will fix it. However, if a dragon has moved more than one page (usually it is basically swapping between the end row of the prior page [say page 5] and the first row of the latter page [say page 6]) manually moving it is required, and often affects more than one set of dragons, and takes a while to get them all back to their proper places.

2. Sold a dragon. For no reason at all it will pull a dragon from the previous page onto the last page. Again, usually hitting arrange and clicking back and forth will fix it. Selling a dragon from in the middle of the lair will scramble several pages, not necessarily immediately. And by scramble I mean it randomly pulls dragons from one page to the other, not just pulling the one at the beginning of the next pages onto the end of the prior pages.

3. Bought a dragon. (I think this happened once, I don't think I bothered to try to fix it right then.)

4. Hatched a nest recently. For no apparent reason, within a day or hours of hatching (it varies) some of the hatchies will get moved to the previous page, or have their order scrambled, or both. Sometimes clicking back and forth on arrange fixes it, sometimes manual moving is required.

5. Moved a dragon around within the lair. Usually the scrambling is immediate, involves several pages, and requires manual fixing. And I do mean scrambled. It isn't just moving the dragons in an orderly fashion one direction or the other. This seems to be different than the other instances, since it's been happening since I joined as far as I can remember.

I use Firefox browser, on a Windows 10 pc.

I'm reporting this bug because I hatched a nest yesterday, after sending several dragons off via crossroads (two from the middle of my lair), then clicked around in the lair, bred a pair of dragons, clicked on the forums briefly to update threads, spent time in the auction house and playing with the scrying predictor, and played in the coli. At the time, the mother of the nest still showed up where she should be. (I was checking specific colors on the breeding line and chose to breed a different pair in the color range, so I did check where she was.) After rollover, I found her two pages away for no apparent reason.
Yesterday, a while after hatching, I had #4 happen again (this has been fairly regularly a problem for 2 or 3 months). However, while I was looking for the mother of the nest after rollover, I noticed that several dragons at the end of page six had been scrambled as well. I do not know if this happened before or after rollover.

If you need clarification on anything, please ask. I think this is coherent, but honestly I'm pretty tired at the second so my phrasing may not be clear.
Sometimes it happens when I've:
1. Left the lair pages and checked on other things. No apparent reason at all. Usually checking arrange and clicking back and forth between the pages affected will fix it. However, if a dragon has moved more than one page (usually it is basically swapping between the end row of the prior page [say page 5] and the first row of the latter page [say page 6]) manually moving it is required, and often affects more than one set of dragons, and takes a while to get them all back to their proper places.

2. Sold a dragon. For no reason at all it will pull a dragon from the previous page onto the last page. Again, usually hitting arrange and clicking back and forth will fix it. Selling a dragon from in the middle of the lair will scramble several pages, not necessarily immediately. And by scramble I mean it randomly pulls dragons from one page to the other, not just pulling the one at the beginning of the next pages onto the end of the prior pages.

3. Bought a dragon. (I think this happened once, I don't think I bothered to try to fix it right then.)

4. Hatched a nest recently. For no apparent reason, within a day or hours of hatching (it varies) some of the hatchies will get moved to the previous page, or have their order scrambled, or both. Sometimes clicking back and forth on arrange fixes it, sometimes manual moving is required.

5. Moved a dragon around within the lair. Usually the scrambling is immediate, involves several pages, and requires manual fixing. And I do mean scrambled. It isn't just moving the dragons in an orderly fashion one direction or the other. This seems to be different than the other instances, since it's been happening since I joined as far as I can remember.

I use Firefox browser, on a Windows 10 pc.

I'm reporting this bug because I hatched a nest yesterday, after sending several dragons off via crossroads (two from the middle of my lair), then clicked around in the lair, bred a pair of dragons, clicked on the forums briefly to update threads, spent time in the auction house and playing with the scrying predictor, and played in the coli. At the time, the mother of the nest still showed up where she should be. (I was checking specific colors on the breeding line and chose to breed a different pair in the color range, so I did check where she was.) After rollover, I found her two pages away for no apparent reason.
Yesterday, a while after hatching, I had #4 happen again (this has been fairly regularly a problem for 2 or 3 months). However, while I was looking for the mother of the nest after rollover, I noticed that several dragons at the end of page six had been scrambled as well. I do not know if this happened before or after rollover.

If you need clarification on anything, please ask. I think this is coherent, but honestly I'm pretty tired at the second so my phrasing may not be clear.
m2YbpzO.png
Browser: Google Chrome version 58
Action(s):

1 tab open to AH buying dragons, 1 tab open to lair. Bought dragons off AH and refreshed lair tab. Dragons rearranged themselves on the last two pages of my lair (the dragons bought off the AH mixed themselves into the hatchlings I hatched today). The bought dragons varied in age; some were a year old, some several months, some within the last two weeks. All bought dragons were adults. The hatchlings were all from today, all hatched in my lair. The hatchlings were from 3 different nests in my lair so the groups were born a few minutes apart. Unfortunately I don't remember if the bought dragons put themselves between groups of hatchlings or just randomly between hatchlings from the same nest.

I am going to attempt to recreate this once I get back on the Windows 10 computer. I'm currently on a computer running Linux (with Chrome 55). I haven't been able to recreate the bug so far on this computer!

I have to add that the dragons didn't rearrange themselves when just refreshing my lair page and my older dragons didn't move at all. It only seemed to be the dragons I bought off the AH today that rearranged themselves among my hatchlings that I hatched today. Unfortunately I don't have any older hatchlings to test with so I can't say for sure if it's just today's hatchlings / today's bought dragons that are affected.

While testing on my Linux computer though I did find that moving a dragon from page 5 of my lair to page 4 put the moved dragon in the first slot of page 4. I believe this is the correct behaviour? I tested this with two adults, one of which I bought earlier today and one that I just bought to test with. I also just tested with a hatchling from today (same test, moving from page 5 to page 4) and it also went to the first slot of page 4. Going back to my lair and refreshing did not rearrange any dragons, including the dragons I recently removed. I have not yet tested this on Windows 10, just on my machine running Linux. Once I get back on the Windows machine I can test again.

edit:

Back on the Windows 10 machine. I can move dragons without them rearranging themselves.
Action(s):

1 tab open to AH buying dragons, 1 tab open to lair. Bought dragons off AH and refreshed lair tab. Dragons rearranged themselves on the last two pages of my lair (the dragons bought off the AH mixed themselves into the hatchlings I hatched today). The bought dragons varied in age; some were a year old, some several months, some within the last two weeks. All bought dragons were adults. The hatchlings were all from today, all hatched in my lair. The hatchlings were from 3 different nests in my lair so the groups were born a few minutes apart. Unfortunately I don't remember if the bought dragons put themselves between groups of hatchlings or just randomly between hatchlings from the same nest.

I am going to attempt to recreate this once I get back on the Windows 10 computer. I'm currently on a computer running Linux (with Chrome 55). I haven't been able to recreate the bug so far on this computer!

I have to add that the dragons didn't rearrange themselves when just refreshing my lair page and my older dragons didn't move at all. It only seemed to be the dragons I bought off the AH today that rearranged themselves among my hatchlings that I hatched today. Unfortunately I don't have any older hatchlings to test with so I can't say for sure if it's just today's hatchlings / today's bought dragons that are affected.

While testing on my Linux computer though I did find that moving a dragon from page 5 of my lair to page 4 put the moved dragon in the first slot of page 4. I believe this is the correct behaviour? I tested this with two adults, one of which I bought earlier today and one that I just bought to test with. I also just tested with a hatchling from today (same test, moving from page 5 to page 4) and it also went to the first slot of page 4. Going back to my lair and refreshing did not rearrange any dragons, including the dragons I recently removed. I have not yet tested this on Windows 10, just on my machine running Linux. Once I get back on the Windows machine I can test again.

edit:

Back on the Windows 10 machine. I can move dragons without them rearranging themselves.

I've had a variation on this - dragons rearranging themselves even when I haven't done any arranging of my lair. I haven't yet been able to figure out when it does this, but it's been happening every couple of days.

I've had a variation on this - dragons rearranging themselves even when I haven't done any arranging of my lair. I haven't yet been able to figure out when it does this, but it's been happening every couple of days.
7j2QAB9.png stained glass rose badge nCFIQSX.png 2IfV7Y9.png
Browser : Opera 44.0

I've noticed it few weeks ago.

When I scroll from last page of my lair to the previous one (from 5 to 4) last two, three dragons are switching their places.
It happens only once (a day?), only at last page and with last dragons.
Browser : Opera 44.0

I've noticed it few weeks ago.

When I scroll from last page of my lair to the previous one (from 5 to 4) last two, three dragons are switching their places.
It happens only once (a day?), only at last page and with last dragons.
Swimming with Willy
Walk like a penguin
Fly like an eagerr... dragon...
https://discord.gg/MEXJ4xfs
Browser: Chrome (most updated)
It doesn't seem to matter what I am doing, my dragons sometimes move about in my lair. Used to be only the last page that would do it, but lately I am having a lot of trouble with Page 2 not staying put.
Browser: Chrome (most updated)
It doesn't seem to matter what I am doing, my dragons sometimes move about in my lair. Used to be only the last page that would do it, but lately I am having a lot of trouble with Page 2 not staying put.
MUYNhfy.png axOkNaR.pngHawketh3.png
Browser: Chrome (most recent update)
From page 2 to 5 all my dragons are completely mixed up and no matter what i try i can't arrange them back into order or anything else, infact, trying to organize them only makes it worse.
Browser: Chrome (most recent update)
From page 2 to 5 all my dragons are completely mixed up and no matter what i try i can't arrange them back into order or anything else, infact, trying to organize them only makes it worse.
tumblr_inline_ny7iuhIaIF1qmzhvw_540.png
naturepumpkin.gifearthpumpkin.gifshadowpumpkin.giflightpumpkin.gificepumpkin.gifplaguepumpkin.gif
Sometimes my hatchlings on my 3rd and 4th pages rearrange on their own, and mix up the order instead of remaining in the order they were "added" (hatched) to my lair.
So siblings keep ending up mixed up with other families of hatchlings in no particular order.

My 3rd page for example, the last two rows in particular, Prys, Malorne and Zebrine (and their two siblings on my 4th page) are related and were born before the Spirals Avari and Seranida, however now they're mixed up.

It's happened other times. I havent moved any of my dragons around myself using the arrange button, especially this time, yet I've just logged in today and found them all mixed up

It seems to only be my hatchlings too, I haven't experienced my perma dragons moving which in itself is odd.

Browser: Chrome
Sometimes my hatchlings on my 3rd and 4th pages rearrange on their own, and mix up the order instead of remaining in the order they were "added" (hatched) to my lair.
So siblings keep ending up mixed up with other families of hatchlings in no particular order.

My 3rd page for example, the last two rows in particular, Prys, Malorne and Zebrine (and their two siblings on my 4th page) are related and were born before the Spirals Avari and Seranida, however now they're mixed up.

It's happened other times. I havent moved any of my dragons around myself using the arrange button, especially this time, yet I've just logged in today and found them all mixed up

It seems to only be my hatchlings too, I haven't experienced my perma dragons moving which in itself is odd.

Browser: Chrome
deactivated
This tends to happen to me (not always, but sometimes) when I have Unnamed dragons on the current and adjacent page. I use Firefox.

Pre-condition:

Lair has Unnamed dragons on current page and the adjacent page that I'm trying to move to, usually in the edge slots (like first slot on current and last slot on previous if moving left, or last slot on current and first slot on next if moving right).

Step 1:

Attempt to move dragon to new page OR name an Unnamed dragon and cause the page to refresh.

Result:

Arbitrary-seeming rearrangement on current and/or adjacent page. *Does not always happen*.

I haven't checked age of dragons or anything like that, maybe there's a bizarre sort applied according to some condition. Unnamed dragons can weave in between named dragons, and I have not figured out the pattern.
This tends to happen to me (not always, but sometimes) when I have Unnamed dragons on the current and adjacent page. I use Firefox.

Pre-condition:

Lair has Unnamed dragons on current page and the adjacent page that I'm trying to move to, usually in the edge slots (like first slot on current and last slot on previous if moving left, or last slot on current and first slot on next if moving right).

Step 1:

Attempt to move dragon to new page OR name an Unnamed dragon and cause the page to refresh.

Result:

Arbitrary-seeming rearrangement on current and/or adjacent page. *Does not always happen*.

I haven't checked age of dragons or anything like that, maybe there's a bizarre sort applied according to some condition. Unnamed dragons can weave in between named dragons, and I have not figured out the pattern.
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
It happened when i hatched eggs once. They hatched and a few skipped to the third page and there were other dragons inbetween the new hatchlings. Usually does it when I log out too
It happened when i hatched eggs once. They hatched and a few skipped to the third page and there were other dragons inbetween the new hatchlings. Usually does it when I log out too

IMG_2205.png
IPU0tJf.pngxNSna4Q.png
This is happening today for me as well. I moved one of my dragons to the third page (making it the only dragon on the third page, since I just bought a lair upgrade), and now looking at my lair, it shows that she's been moved back to the second page and also that the third page doesn't exist? Which is weird, because I know I have enough dragons to push her to the third page of my lair, so I'm sure this has something to do with the eggs I recently hatched.
This is happening today for me as well. I moved one of my dragons to the third page (making it the only dragon on the third page, since I just bought a lair upgrade), and now looking at my lair, it shows that she's been moved back to the second page and also that the third page doesn't exist? Which is weird, because I know I have enough dragons to push her to the third page of my lair, so I'm sure this has something to do with the eggs I recently hatched.
1 2 3