Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Logging In
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
@Mutron

It's also still happening to me. The auto-refresh actually makes things worse because if I can't click the dropdown and logout before the countdown stops, I have to wait for the new page to load, then logout, then log back in.
@Mutron

It's also still happening to me. The auto-refresh actually makes things worse because if I can't click the dropdown and logout before the countdown stops, I have to wait for the new page to load, then logout, then log back in.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
@Semirhage

Am I understanding correctly that you are able to log in alright, but you are still getting random log outs every day? Does the automatic refresh feature work when you click "Login" from one of the logged-out non-www1 pages (like Lair, Hoard, etc)? Or do you have to log out and log back in again?

@Lara8

If the automatic refresh is not working but a full logout/login is, there must be something else happening on our end during logout/login that we should be able to apply to the auto refresh. I'm going to investigate and see if we can identify what it is.
@Semirhage

Am I understanding correctly that you are able to log in alright, but you are still getting random log outs every day? Does the automatic refresh feature work when you click "Login" from one of the logged-out non-www1 pages (like Lair, Hoard, etc)? Or do you have to log out and log back in again?

@Lara8

If the automatic refresh is not working but a full logout/login is, there must be something else happening on our end during logout/login that we should be able to apply to the auto refresh. I'm going to investigate and see if we can identify what it is.
Flight Rising Engineering Team

Flight Rising Knowledge Base
Flight Rising Rules & Policies
This is the first time I've tried to log in since the update/refresh. I can log into the home page just fine, but if I go to my lair, hoard, nesting grounds, or anything non www1 it tells me to log in. I hit the log in, wait for it to refresh, then it just shoots me back to the home page.

I have done this for 20 minutes, trying both my Mozilla and Chrome and neither work. I have tried logging out then back in, doesn't work. I have tried pretty much everything I can think of.

I know it's not y'all's fault it's just a little frustrating.
This is the first time I've tried to log in since the update/refresh. I can log into the home page just fine, but if I go to my lair, hoard, nesting grounds, or anything non www1 it tells me to log in. I hit the log in, wait for it to refresh, then it just shoots me back to the home page.

I have done this for 20 minutes, trying both my Mozilla and Chrome and neither work. I have tried logging out then back in, doesn't work. I have tried pretty much everything I can think of.

I know it's not y'all's fault it's just a little frustrating.
2mjUkBn.png eTzHIVk.pngtumblr_owcu6cx37C1vr5hp1o3_250.png
Hi @BlueHorse, do you happen to be using a satellite internet provider? We have narrowed down some issues to overly aggressive caching behavior in at least one satellite ISP.
Hi @BlueHorse, do you happen to be using a satellite internet provider? We have narrowed down some issues to overly aggressive caching behavior in at least one satellite ISP.

When this happened to me, I logged out entirely and logged back in. This has solved all my problems on both devices I play on.
When this happened to me, I logged out entirely and logged back in. This has solved all my problems on both devices I play on.
hZeK3pZ.jpg
I started having this issue as well, but only after the refresh session was implemented. It's usually when I click onto my lair that I am told I am not logged in, thus having to use the new refresh session. I am on latest version of chrome and I do not use a satellite internet provider.

The refresh session does indeed work and leaves me logged in for the rest of the day/evening. But the next day when I get onto FR again, supposedly logged in, and click on my lair, the issue repeats itself.

It's not an overly huge problem, as it only takes a second to use the refresh session, but it does get annoying.

ETA: It just asked me to log in again... :/
I started having this issue as well, but only after the refresh session was implemented. It's usually when I click onto my lair that I am told I am not logged in, thus having to use the new refresh session. I am on latest version of chrome and I do not use a satellite internet provider.

The refresh session does indeed work and leaves me logged in for the rest of the day/evening. But the next day when I get onto FR again, supposedly logged in, and click on my lair, the issue repeats itself.

It's not an overly huge problem, as it only takes a second to use the refresh session, but it does get annoying.

ETA: It just asked me to log in again... :/
Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
@mutron do you think I'm having these issues because I have satellite internet? It's caused so many problems before it wouldn't surprise me if that was the issue
@mutron do you think I'm having these issues because I have satellite internet? It's caused so many problems before it wouldn't surprise me if that was the issue
?-NWZt=platform.png?RvP-S=platform.png?-5Z0j=platform.png?-XJ0H=platform.png
Please interact if you have time
same here!
same here!

@flufflesauce Yes, at the moment we are seeing a consistent pattern affecting users with a particular satellite ISP, and you appear to be affected. We believe it has to do with a caching or acceleration feature that is essentially "grabbing" a login token with a duplicate request before your browser has a chance to see it. We're having to design a different mechanism to work around this, because at the moment we do not have a way to differentiate the bogus requests versus your actual browser.
@flufflesauce Yes, at the moment we are seeing a consistent pattern affecting users with a particular satellite ISP, and you appear to be affected. We believe it has to do with a caching or acceleration feature that is essentially "grabbing" a login token with a duplicate request before your browser has a chance to see it. We're having to design a different mechanism to work around this, because at the moment we do not have a way to differentiate the bogus requests versus your actual browser.

[quote name="Mutron" date=2017-04-12 08:15:09] @Semirhage Am I understanding correctly that you are able to log in alright, but you are still getting random log outs every day? Does the automatic refresh feature work when you click "Login" from one of the logged-out non-www1 pages (like Lair, Hoard, etc)? Or do you have to log out and log back in again? [/quote] @Mutron - That's correct. The automatic refresh feature isn't working for me and I have to log out and log back in.
Mutron wrote on 2017-04-12:
@Semirhage

@Mutron - That's correct. The automatic refresh feature isn't working for me and I have to log out and log back in.
QrQlFvC.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14