Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | coliseum - ambush
one of my dragons has an ambush stone which is meant to let him go first in battle but it just.. doesn't?? he goes second or third just like before he had the stone.
one of my dragons has an ambush stone which is meant to let him go first in battle but it just.. doesn't?? he goes second or third just like before he had the stone.
The Fortress of Ice - Rollocke

tumblr_inline_nzqu0njNXM1tgh8q0_400.png

dottore... DOTTORE!!!
@demitri

Ambush stones have strange mechanics. The only way to have a noticable difference is by putting two ambush stones on a dragon.
@demitri

Ambush stones have strange mechanics. The only way to have a noticable difference is by putting two ambush stones on a dragon.
nature8.png x Iron Belt Buckle Current
Count:
Buckles
xx xxxxxxxxxxxxx treasure.png
^My Goals!^
fc4zvun.png
rI18gRz.png
mlHpBMC.png
o4KdtaP.png
VjdktqS.png
Sorrowspark#0101
@DarknessReborn oh.. okay, thanks for letting me know!
@DarknessReborn oh.. okay, thanks for letting me know!

dottore... DOTTORE!!!
@demitri - To elaborate on what DarknessReborn said, Ambush isn't bugged, but it can kind of look like it. Basically, the problem is that you always lose the first turn of battle (that is a bug). When you don't have Ambush equipped, that means you lose your fastest dragon's first turn, or if all your dragons have the same Quickness, the dragon in the top spot loses its first turn.

When you equip a single Ambush on to your team, that Ambush turn becomes the first turn, so it's the turn that's lost. But now your regular fastest turn gets to go. This might be a different dragon entirely! Or, if the monsters are faster than you, your first turn won't even happen until after they go.

This can be weird, because it makes it look like the Ambush isn't working unless you put two stones on a dragon or a single stone on more than one dragon. It is - you're still gaining a turn. But it won't necessarily be before the monsters get to go (depending on your Quickness) and it won't necessarily be on the 'right' dragon.
@demitri - To elaborate on what DarknessReborn said, Ambush isn't bugged, but it can kind of look like it. Basically, the problem is that you always lose the first turn of battle (that is a bug). When you don't have Ambush equipped, that means you lose your fastest dragon's first turn, or if all your dragons have the same Quickness, the dragon in the top spot loses its first turn.

When you equip a single Ambush on to your team, that Ambush turn becomes the first turn, so it's the turn that's lost. But now your regular fastest turn gets to go. This might be a different dragon entirely! Or, if the monsters are faster than you, your first turn won't even happen until after they go.

This can be weird, because it makes it look like the Ambush isn't working unless you put two stones on a dragon or a single stone on more than one dragon. It is - you're still gaining a turn. But it won't necessarily be before the monsters get to go (depending on your Quickness) and it won't necessarily be on the 'right' dragon.
@Kiena that explains a lot, thank you very much! is that bug a longtime one or is it something that's being worked on atm? just wondering bc i'm not sure if it's worth investing another stone or waiting for a fix instead.
@Kiena that explains a lot, thank you very much! is that bug a longtime one or is it something that's being worked on atm? just wondering bc i'm not sure if it's worth investing another stone or waiting for a fix instead.

dottore... DOTTORE!!!
@demitri - It has been around since the game started, ha. It won't be fixed 'til we get the new version of the Coliseum, whenever that is.

That being said, investing in another stone is a great idea, and highly encouraged! You'll eventually want two Ambush stones on all three of your Coli dragons. You don't have to do it immediately - you can see if you get any in drops. But they make a big difference in how easy it is to level & farm with your dragons.
@demitri - It has been around since the game started, ha. It won't be fixed 'til we get the new version of the Coliseum, whenever that is.

That being said, investing in another stone is a great idea, and highly encouraged! You'll eventually want two Ambush stones on all three of your Coli dragons. You don't have to do it immediately - you can see if you get any in drops. But they make a big difference in how easy it is to level & farm with your dragons.
@Kiena awesome, thank you so much for the help & advice! <3
@Kiena awesome, thank you so much for the help & advice! <3

dottore... DOTTORE!!!