Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] Apostrophe Problems
1 2 3 4
I was just trying to buy some cheap familiars and I kept getting an "This purchase could not be completed." pop up.
I was just trying to buy some cheap familiars and I kept getting an "This purchase could not be completed." pop up.
I just attempted this too. Couldn't purchase a familiar, as the same popup came up. So it's not just on your end!
Wonder what's going on :U
I just attempted this too. Couldn't purchase a familiar, as the same popup came up. So it's not just on your end!
Wonder what's going on :U
TOW2n3q.png
Bump

This is happening to me too. It doesn't really matter which one it just won't let me buy.
Bump

This is happening to me too. It doesn't really matter which one it just won't let me buy.
Are you all talking about that underpriced Death's Head Stag for 1k? Because I get that message for that lil bugger too.
Are you all talking about that underpriced Death's Head Stag for 1k? Because I get that message for that lil bugger too.
Same here. Under the Food tab there's a stack of five Light's Breath for 30t that seem to be stuck there, and I can't seem to buy them either. I have the 1k Death's-Head Stag in the Familiars section as well. This started yesterday for me and it's ongoing. I've tried clearing my cache and even tried different computers.
Same here. Under the Food tab there's a stack of five Light's Breath for 30t that seem to be stuck there, and I can't seem to buy them either. I have the 1k Death's-Head Stag in the Familiars section as well. This started yesterday for me and it's ongoing. I've tried clearing my cache and even tried different computers.
courier_pearl.gifcourier_edgar.gifcourier_spitfire.gif
I can't seem to buy the 1k Death's-Head Stag either. Or any Death's-Head Stags, for that matter. I was able to get another familiar just fine, though.
I can't seem to buy the 1k Death's-Head Stag either. Or any Death's-Head Stags, for that matter. I was able to get another familiar just fine, though.
3 hours ahead of FR time

Fair warning: I have the social grace of a potato.
ZoeC058.png
Tried and have the same problem. I thought perhaps auctions weren't being removed from the auction house when purchased, but I found this to not be true when I tested it on a dragon. I wonder if it has to do with selling something underneath the autosell value? I've tried listing a piece of food for far less and it's not been bought.

Admins: Might I suggest cancelling all the affected auctions if and when this is looked into? It looks like folks are trying to sell for much cheaper than they should just because similar auctions are simply unbuyable. I think it would be better to let them re-list the auctions at correct prices. They're probably unaware of this problem.
Tried and have the same problem. I thought perhaps auctions weren't being removed from the auction house when purchased, but I found this to not be true when I tested it on a dragon. I wonder if it has to do with selling something underneath the autosell value? I've tried listing a piece of food for far less and it's not been bought.

Admins: Might I suggest cancelling all the affected auctions if and when this is looked into? It looks like folks are trying to sell for much cheaper than they should just because similar auctions are simply unbuyable. I think it would be better to let them re-list the auctions at correct prices. They're probably unaware of this problem.
@chespin I don't think it's the fact that the things are underpriced.
I kinda suspect it basically any item with an apostrophe in it. Because we all noticed the unbuyable Death's Head Stags, all of them unbuyable no matter their price. And @Breog said they can't buy a Light's Breath either (also not underpriced when compared to hoard sell just compared to AH prices).

Just searched for ' in all AH categories and only Death's Head Stags and Light's Breath show up. When searching for "Hainu's Eye" nothing shows up, but there are some being sold and I can buy them.

So now I am pretty sure that the bug has something to do with searchable apostrophes. Because those items that you can't search for because of their apostrophe seem fine, but those that are searchable can't be bought no matter their price.
@chespin I don't think it's the fact that the things are underpriced.
I kinda suspect it basically any item with an apostrophe in it. Because we all noticed the unbuyable Death's Head Stags, all of them unbuyable no matter their price. And @Breog said they can't buy a Light's Breath either (also not underpriced when compared to hoard sell just compared to AH prices).

Just searched for ' in all AH categories and only Death's Head Stags and Light's Breath show up. When searching for "Hainu's Eye" nothing shows up, but there are some being sold and I can buy them.

So now I am pretty sure that the bug has something to do with searchable apostrophes. Because those items that you can't search for because of their apostrophe seem fine, but those that are searchable can't be bought no matter their price.
Ah, it seems like we were all attracted by that under priced stag! I was able to purchase dragons successfully earlier today, but seem to be having trouble with Death's Head Stags. I don't really want to spend my money to "test" other auctions to see if they work, though. [quote]So now I am pretty sure that the bug has something to do with searchable apostrophes. Because those items that you can't search for because of their apostrophe seem fine, but those that are searchable can't be bought no matter their price.[/quote] That makes a lot of sense, especially since there's been a lot of testing and fixing with those items this week.
Ah, it seems like we were all attracted by that under priced stag!

I was able to purchase dragons successfully earlier today, but seem to be having trouble with Death's Head Stags. I don't really want to spend my money to "test" other auctions to see if they work, though.
Quote:
That makes a lot of sense, especially since there's been a lot of testing and fixing with those items this week.
U58SZuw.png
[quote name="nantalos" date=2015-07-08 11:03:26] So now I am pretty sure that the bug has something to do with searchable apostrophes. Because those items that you can't search for because of their apostrophe seem fine, but those that are searchable can't be bought no matter their price. [/quote] [color=#585c4f]@nantalos that sounds about right. Does anyone know if there's a reason it happens with only some apostrophes? I've tried searching and buying a lot of apostrophe items and all of the ones aside from the two above worked.
nantalos wrote on 2015-07-08:

@nantalos that sounds about right. Does anyone know if there's a reason it happens with only some apostrophes? I've tried searching and buying a lot of apostrophe items and all of the ones aside from the two above worked.
1 2 3 4