Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] Forum Update tracking
1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63
Thanks @chatoyant

Unfortunately, this is a known limitation with the alerts system - alerts don't phone home to see if anything has changed.

This is the same reason you might get a 404 is someone pings you and delete their post. Or, an even closer example is when you subscribe to a thread and someone renames that thread after posting in it.
Thanks @chatoyant

Unfortunately, this is a known limitation with the alerts system - alerts don't phone home to see if anything has changed.

This is the same reason you might get a 404 is someone pings you and delete their post. Or, an even closer example is when you subscribe to a thread and someone renames that thread after posting in it.
~ Flight Rising Engineering Team ~
- Do you want to hear what I said again? Hoot hoot!

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

Flight Rising Rules & Policies
I'm having difficulty deleting an old thread with the same name as my current one. It normally just refreshes my page or sends me back to the Forum selection but the old thread is still there. Is there a way I can at least change the title? I'm looking to change it to a complaint or report forum for my Dragon Rescue so people can inform me when they notice someone exalting the dragons we send to them. We have a strict no exalting policy for this and I'm looking to find better and easier ways to catch people who take advantage of our adoptions
I'm having difficulty deleting an old thread with the same name as my current one. It normally just refreshes my page or sends me back to the Forum selection but the old thread is still there. Is there a way I can at least change the title? I'm looking to change it to a complaint or report forum for my Dragon Rescue so people can inform me when they notice someone exalting the dragons we send to them. We have a strict no exalting policy for this and I'm looking to find better and easier ways to catch people who take advantage of our adoptions
Untitled-2.pngVCwQOWU.gif8wW43T2.gif2pV6DWj.gif
@Catrisa

You should be able to edit the title if you use the edit button on the first post. It's a known bug where some threads refuse to be deleted, and nobody is sure why.

Also note that having "a strict no exalting policy" is against the site policies.
@Catrisa

You should be able to edit the title if you use the edit button on the first post. It's a known bug where some threads refuse to be deleted, and nobody is sure why.

Also note that having "a strict no exalting policy" is against the site policies.
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
Alright, I'll look into it then. Thanks for the heads up. Would it be ok to have a certain number of days someone has to keep the dragon before exalting then?
Alright, I'll look into it then. Thanks for the heads up. Would it be ok to have a certain number of days someone has to keep the dragon before exalting then?
@Catrisa
If you don't ping people, they won't know you've replied!
Any rules that restrict what a user does with what is now their dragon are prohibited. The most you can do is ask, and choose not to do business with them if they don't do as you ask. The only exception would be spite-exalting and scamming, both of which require a pattern of behaviour rather than a single instance.

You should know that the contents of a complaint/report thread would definitely be callouts, which is also against site policy.
@Catrisa
If you don't ping people, they won't know you've replied!
Any rules that restrict what a user does with what is now their dragon are prohibited. The most you can do is ask, and choose not to do business with them if they don't do as you ask. The only exception would be spite-exalting and scamming, both of which require a pattern of behaviour rather than a single instance.

You should know that the contents of a complaint/report thread would definitely be callouts, which is also against site policy.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
@Vendrus
I understand that now and have already made adjustments to my thread in order to better fit Flight Rising Policy. Thank you for the information though as it's much appreciated ^^
@Vendrus
I understand that now and have already made adjustments to my thread in order to better fit Flight Rising Policy. Thank you for the information though as it's much appreciated ^^
Trying to delete two old Forums but they won't delete for some reason! I've deleted old forums before to make new ones so I know how it works and I'm 100% certain I'm doing it right! Every time I try though the page just refreshes and nothing changes :( These are the two Forums I need gone

I've made an updated form of this one so affiliates can update their sections. But this old one won't delete!
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drt/2555943/1#post_2555943

I'm changing this from raffles to grab bags but I can't get rid of it!
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2557982#post_2557982
Trying to delete two old Forums but they won't delete for some reason! I've deleted old forums before to make new ones so I know how it works and I'm 100% certain I'm doing it right! Every time I try though the page just refreshes and nothing changes :( These are the two Forums I need gone

I've made an updated form of this one so affiliates can update their sections. But this old one won't delete!
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drt/2555943/1#post_2555943

I'm changing this from raffles to grab bags but I can't get rid of it!
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2557982#post_2557982
Not sure if this is already known or has been addressed, but if your forum search has the % character in it, it will break. It seems other special characters are fine. Was originally trying to look up topics related to percentage needed for breeding.
Not sure if this is already known or has been addressed, but if your forum search has the % character in it, it will break. It seems other special characters are fine. Was originally trying to look up topics related to percentage needed for breeding.
bIC5tjH.png

tumblr_psnzrayiuY1ypi5ljo2_500.png
I'm not exactly sure if this should go in bug reports or suggestions, or if this has been spoken about before, but it does low-key annoy me when I edit posts and there is a large space between the edit timestamp and the top of my sig. [b]This seems to only occur with shorter sigs, and it happens on both my iphone and mac laptop using Google Chrome.[/b] (Mine is ~70px in height.) I'd prefer if the timestamps were closer to the sig and not leaving an open gap in between. Here are a few examples: [img]https://i.imgur.com/ap9cY5U.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/6iV9zlb.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/dulUXmR.png[/img]
I'm not exactly sure if this should go in bug reports or suggestions, or if this has been spoken about before, but it does low-key annoy me when I edit posts and there is a large space between the edit timestamp and the top of my sig. This seems to only occur with shorter sigs, and it happens on both my iphone and mac laptop using Google Chrome. (Mine is ~70px in height.) I'd prefer if the timestamps were closer to the sig and not leaving an open gap in between.

Here are a few examples:

ap9cY5U.png

6iV9zlb.png

dulUXmR.png
vkXTSNP.png ##

- FR+10
- wishlist
I don't have screenshots to provide but I have attempted to delete a forum thread, and it does not delete. It's still up after multiple refreshes and a cache clear.
I'm using a google chrome browser.

This has happened multiple times today. With two separate threads.
The threads can be seen here and here.

I can see that a few other people have reported similar events, so I'm assuming that it's not just because my wifi is slow or something.
I don't have screenshots to provide but I have attempted to delete a forum thread, and it does not delete. It's still up after multiple refreshes and a cache clear.
I'm using a google chrome browser.

This has happened multiple times today. With two separate threads.
The threads can be seen here and here.

I can see that a few other people have reported similar events, so I'm assuming that it's not just because my wifi is slow or something.
JGJgvgA.png
Wolf! - FRT +20
fkWjutW.png
qeQwZlo.png5iXiC8z.png

K8XEDpR.png
1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63