Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] Forum Update tracking
1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63
[quote name="FuryEclipse" date="2018-02-11 09:48:32" ] I tried to delete this thread and i've cleared my google chrome cache but it still remains: here [/quote] @FuryEclipse Do you get a popup asking you if you are sure you want do delete the thread, or does it fail before even asking you? Also, just to make sure it's not something special about that thread, can you start a new one here in the bug forum (just call it test and link here) and see if you can delete that. If you can't I'll delete the test for you so we don't confuse anyone. Thanks!
FuryEclipse wrote on 2018-02-11 09:48:32:
I tried to delete this thread and i've cleared my google chrome cache but it still remains: here

@FuryEclipse Do you get a popup asking you if you are sure you want do delete the thread, or does it fail before even asking you?

Also, just to make sure it's not something special about that thread, can you start a new one here in the bug forum (just call it test and link here) and see if you can delete that. If you can't I'll delete the test for you so we don't confuse anyone. Thanks!
~ Flight Rising Engineering Team ~
- Do you want to hear what I said again? Hoot hoot!

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

Flight Rising Rules & Policies
@Kaepora
This one is you :'D It even took me to the wrong page entirely!

This one was the original culprit. And it isn't all alerts, just some. I can't figure out what the common factor is!
@Kaepora
This one is you :'D It even took me to the wrong page entirely!

This one was the original culprit. And it isn't all alerts, just some. I can't figure out what the common factor is!
4F79zst.png MCpjFbQ.png
Thanks for the links @alanapants !

I'm looking for the cause as well... In both cases, the posts mentioning you were the first post on the next page - that may be related.

Have you received any alerts where this was not the case? It certainly narrows down the possible cause if that is consistently true.
Thanks for the links @alanapants !

I'm looking for the cause as well... In both cases, the posts mentioning you were the first post on the next page - that may be related.

Have you received any alerts where this was not the case? It certainly narrows down the possible cause if that is consistently true.

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

@Kaepora
Ooh, I think you've hit the nail on the head! I went back through the last dozen or so forum alerts that I had, and the only ones that were broken were the first post on the next page. All others brought me to the correct post.

ETA: This one isn't working either, actually. It's a ping from the previous page, so I have no idea what it thinks it's doing XD It has the right post number in the URL, just the wrong page.
@Kaepora
Ooh, I think you've hit the nail on the head! I went back through the last dozen or so forum alerts that I had, and the only ones that were broken were the first post on the next page. All others brought me to the correct post.

ETA: This one isn't working either, actually. It's a ping from the previous page, so I have no idea what it thinks it's doing XD It has the right post number in the URL, just the wrong page.
4F79zst.png MCpjFbQ.png
Okay, one step back, but also 1 set forward...

We can say that in every case, it's a wrong page, right?

Also, it's possible (I won't say probable) that some messages higher up in that thread were deleted. That would bump a message from its spot at the top of the page - just a theory.
Okay, one step back, but also 1 set forward...

We can say that in every case, it's a wrong page, right?

Also, it's possible (I won't say probable) that some messages higher up in that thread were deleted. That would bump a message from its spot at the top of the page - just a theory.

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

@alanapants

Pings will now use a permalink URL - this URL should work no matter what page a post is on.

If you get a chance, please reply to this thread 3-4 times (to eventually get to a new page), pinging yourself each time and checking that it jumps to the correct post. If that works, you can delete those test posts.

Thanks!
@alanapants

Pings will now use a permalink URL - this URL should work no matter what page a post is on.

If you get a chance, please reply to this thread 3-4 times (to eventually get to a new page), pinging yourself each time and checking that it jumps to the correct post. If that works, you can delete those test posts.

Thanks!

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

@Kaepora
Cool! Thanks so much for looking into this.

PING TIME. Gird your loins.

Success! I pinged myself (*snickers*) until I got to the first post on the next page, and the alert link took me right to the post :D

YOU ARE A CHAMPION.
@Kaepora
Cool! Thanks so much for looking into this.

PING TIME. Gird your loins.

Success! I pinged myself (*snickers*) until I got to the first post on the next page, and the alert link took me right to the post :D

YOU ARE A CHAMPION.
4F79zst.png MCpjFbQ.png
I'm glad it worked :)

Of course... maybe we got lucky? But I don't think so, I believe this actually should fix it from here on out.
I'm glad it worked :)

Of course... maybe we got lucky? But I don't think so, I believe this actually should fix it from here on out.

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

Viewing [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drt/1868358/207#post_31754039]this post here[/url] in a thread it seems the "last edited" stamp has shifted up into the users post. I'm not sure if it shows to everyone that way or just my computer but I've tried clearing my cache, changing the size of my window, and it still shows the same. I tried to recreate the issue in my own forum (without success) so I don't know if it's just a one off error. I'm using chrome. Here's a screenshot of what I see. [img]https://i.imgur.com/cMlEhB7.png[/img] Just realized their signature is missing too! Haha
Viewing this post here in a thread it seems the "last edited" stamp has shifted up into the users post. I'm not sure if it shows to everyone that way or just my computer but I've tried clearing my cache, changing the size of my window, and it still shows the same. I tried to recreate the issue in my own forum (without success) so I don't know if it's just a one off error.

I'm using chrome. Here's a screenshot of what I see.

cMlEhB7.png

Just realized their signature is missing too! Haha
Kg94UYA.pngHKrGNct.pngbqij4ya.pngstW7qZC.png
@Holysnacks

Very curious! I see exactly what happened and I'll get started on a fix.

Your note about the signature is spot on. since the poster doesn't have a signature, the spacing got a little weird. In theory, it would fix itself if a signature was added, but I'll put in a fix that will work either way.

Thanks for spotting this!
@Holysnacks

Very curious! I see exactly what happened and I'll get started on a fix.

Your note about the signature is spot on. since the poster doesn't have a signature, the spacing got a little weird. In theory, it would fix itself if a signature was added, but I'll put in a fix that will work either way.

Thanks for spotting this!

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63