Back

Dragons For Sale

Arrange the purchasing and selling of dragons.
TOPIC | Lightning Collector Subspecies [Retired]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
[center] [color=cyan][b][size=6]Lightning Collector Subspecie Information Hub and Sale thread![/size][/b][/color] [rule] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/2413023][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/8234/f/2018/094/3/3/lightning_collectorssub_by_uponnightfall-dc7wi9o.gif[/img][/url] [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PRBjZ9Vg6TuQbEYT9NBYVQ8qJBhRDW5qt8R__OrFoEk/edit?usp=sharing][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/2369/f/2018/094/c/4/dragonlist_by_uponnightfall-dc7wi9h.gif[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/2413023/1#post_32570614]PINGLIST[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/3100800/1#post_50244265]BREEDING PAIRS[/url] |[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/2413023/9#post_49767100] STORY PROMPTS[/url] [b]Updates:[/b] [b]November 2022: I WILL NO LONGER BE ADDING TO THIS SUBSPECIES. IT IS NOW RETIRED IN MY EYES.[/b] [rule] [quote]The current number of dragons is: [b]226[/b][/quote] [img]https://i.ibb.co/6t3vQcv/AsOne.png[/img] [b][size=6]The Cyan Light[/b][/size] [font=century][size=4]A storm brewing on the sea, brought a strong surge of energy to the land. “Ahh, yes. This will do [i]very[/i] nicely,” StormCatcher muttered to himself. His strong sharp wings spread from his body, the webbing catching the wind much akin to a sail on a boat. The rain came thundering down, pelting the land in its wake. Dark clouds grew hauntingly closer, engulfing the moonlight above. Hastily, StormCatcher ascended into the dark sky, straight to the thunderous clouds above. A boom of natural strong-hearted thunder rumbled deep in the dark abyssal cloud mass. Suddenly, StormCatcher lets out a strong roar, directing his lightning to make contact at the exact moment the naturally forming one reaches the peaks of the earth below. The largest light mass ever seen by StormCatcher engulfed the charred dry wastelands below. The light though did not erupt because of the lightning alone, no, it's due to his creation that lurked below. Alone in his time with his children and work endeavors, he had been working on the most exciting money producer any drake shall lay eyes upon. Slowly, he approaches the metallic dome on the surface. He places his claws on it and slowly it begins to open, letting out a solid cyan light. Arching his head closer, his sharp eyes view his most successful creation. Subspecies. Not just any, but a scientifically created subspecies, designed to be hosts of lightning itself, and act as carriers to transport said lightning. His smaller mantis-like limbs reach down and pick up the young dragon. “You…are my FINEST creation, child. Unwavering, strong drakes. Built FOR lightning.” He set the Wildclaw down and proceeded about his day. He ended up naming the creation “[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/37111844]Chii[/url]” meaning “Status” as power is everything when starting out. Of course, he also branded his subspecies, "Lightning Collectors" as true to their name. As [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/37111844]Chii[/url] grew, she became pretty much his adversary. Overlooking the Lightning Collectors, and producing them too. They developed enhanced technology to further their subspecies expansions into other regions. They are feared by many dragons, as unnatural, in their eyes. Alas, they may get dirty and feared looks from other dragons, but within the shifting expanse, they’re safe and well established.[/font][/size] [img]https://i.ibb.co/5jVZL7r/Collectors-Beginning.png[/img] [b][size=5]Life in the Subspecies[/b][/size] Living amongst the highest cliffs of the Shifting Expanse; The Lightning Collectors are a solitary sub-specie breed from the Lightning Flight. They also appear from other flights but quickly involve themselves with the lightning clans. Built to withstand high altitudes, and harsh weather the Lightning Collectors fly headlong into even the most severe of storms. Utilizing special glands along with their wings they are able to siphon electricity out of storm clouds, store it deep inside their bodies, and later use it to charge and create powerful equipment. Carving their lairs into the high mesas of the Shifting Expanse; Lightning Collectors are able to watch the horizon for incoming storms that they can harvest from. Since they usually live alone; their dens are typically on the smaller side, and can feel cramped as they pack the small space with lengths of wire and electrical components that they find and hoard. This can become a problem in their later years, and some will even abandon old nests, and start over if the nest becomes too full to even get in. Although most lightning collectors live in solitude, it is generally believed amongst the ranks that the brood should come first. Individuals proudly act as small cogs in the greater machine in their quest to evolve into the perfect species. They typically selectively breed only the strongest members; each generation strives to be greater than the previous. Mating within the species is almost always for the sole purpose of furthering the lightning collector bloodline. "Love" is not a concept that is well understood by collectors, pairings are usually temporary, and end once eggs are laid. Even parental bonds are near non-existent; young lightning collectors act more as interns learning what they can from others until they are old enough to venture out on their own. Lightning collectors from other regions are always welcomed, as long as they earn their keep and produce more offspring to further their numbers. By always trying to innovate, and improve their creations; the lightning collectors' equipment has become known to be some of the most powerful albeit less stable within the Shifting Expanse. Some of the more eccentric drakes are viewed as mad scientists from the outside due to the dangerous nature of their inventions. Some will even experiment with trying to upgrade their own bodies by replacing organic parts with more efficient mechanical ones as a means of improving upon the lightning collector physique. Lightning collectors will sometimes alter their own genes to improve themselves, and by extension their standing. The more successful alterations can even spread jealousy, and start new trends within the flight. In order for lightning collectors to remain easily identifiable, strict guidelines around visual appearance are in place for these modifications. To remain a member of the lightning collector community; a drake must not deviate too far from the standard colors and patterns. Electricity collected by the drakes is discharged into special containers for safekeeping. These charged canisters serve as the main currency between lightning collectors when bartering for rare components. Lightning collectors are shrewd negotiators that view their possessions with an overinflated sense of worth. Inversely they are quick to point out small defects in another's product as a means to try and bring the price down. Disagreements upon potential purchases are quite common and can get very heated, but it is extremely rare that it results in physical violence. Lightning collectors started to figure out they can alter their genes and current capabilities early on. So much so, they decided to open select brooding facilities in each different domain to ensure they could grow their numbers. Because of this, eye color does not cause any discrepancies among them, they all know they are here to collect lightning specifically for the boss man himself. The hatcheries are located all over, and typically found in the higher points if they can. Locations are the following: Lightning: HighLand Scrub, Carrion Canyon Fire: Great Furance (Built into the back volcano side) Wind: Reedcleft Ascent, Zephyr Steppes Plague: Abiding Boneyard Shadow: Close to the Dusk Sanctum Light: Close to the beacon of the radiant eye, built into the cliffsides Nature: Worldedge Wetlands Earth: Near the Parched canyonwalks Arcane: Hoverview Vale Ice: Rigid Floes [img]https://i.ibb.co/NNSrpcd/Collectors-Rise.png[/img] [b]RANKING/JOBS[/b] The ranking found within the Lightning Collector Subspecies (Lowest to highest job rank list) Collectors love staying busy, especially for boss dad. So much so, that they pick up hobbies or even another temp rank to keep their claws from being idle! Some dragons learn other skills such as tarot card reading, knitting, sewing, etc! Anything to stay away from idle claws. If you'd like to see my current dragons that hold these positions, head on over to [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/39277603]Solace[/url] [b]Collector[/b] - grunts, the typical low-ranked collector, collects lightning only in the shifting expanse leaving the more difficult terrain to the skilled travelers. [rule] [b]Traveler[/b] - Travels between different clans and locations to collect lightning in a foreign land The dragon must be level 5 in the coliseum to achieve this rank. These dragons are typically in a negative mood from the long tedious task of traveling. Some of them are more upbeat but the majority are in the latter mood. [rule] [b]Guard[/b] - Guards will watch over the shipment and delivery of collected lightning, and will accompany merchants on their sales to avoid theft or attacks. Dragons holding this position must be level 7 or higher in the coliseum. Guards are very serious dragons, those who hold this position work hard for it. [rule] [b]Deliverer[/b] - Takes filled lightning capsules from the collectors, and delivers them to the merchants and the bolt catacombs (A large storage facility located in the depths of their operations). The dragon must be level 8 or higher in the coliseum. This job is geared for the more meticulous dragon, as they have to fulfill orders and keep track of every capsule they transport. Failure to do so will result in demotion. [rule] [b]Merchant[/b] - Sells the lightning collected in special capsules, usually accompanied by a guard. Merchants are not required to be leveled, but they are recommended to have a likable personality and be silver-tongued. [rule] [b]Assistant[/b] - Assists and teaches new lightning collectors the ropes around the place and how to collect properly. They also assess and see if the drake has better-suited potential elsewhere. When assisting they also help collect lightning with another dragon during the training process. The dragon must be level 10. These dragons are also sent to any other position that is needing a set of extra claws to help them. For example, if a huge order comes in, the Assistants are sent to help. [rule] [b]Welder/Fabricator[/b] - Welds equipment made from the blueprints provided by the engineers, which are used for storing and collecting lightning. These dragons are skilled workers and love to create the unimaginable provided by the engineers. These dragons do not have to be leveled. [rule] [b]Mechanic[/b] - Repairs broken equipment/helps maintain and regularly checks on the collector's tools to keep them running at tip-top shape. Lightning can be very unstable, which results in equipment failure sometimes. These dragons do not have to be leveled. [rule] [b]Engineer[/b] - Helps create more equipment designs for the collectors to use, sends designs to welders and mechanics. These dragons spend every waking hour physically possible, designing new things. [rule] [b]Flight Overseer[/b] - Assigns where collectors go to collect the lightning, and can tell travelers where to go too sometimes. They observe weather patterns and keep a log of every storm collected. Dragons holding this position must be level 7 in the coliseum. [rule] [b]Scientist[/b] - A truly rewarding occupation to the collectors, scientists are constantly re-gening dragons, from tail to nose. They work fast and efficiently, if they don't they lose their job and go back to being a grunt collector. Those who produce NEW genes within their own study are rewarded with using them on themselves first. These eccentric dragons are deemed unstable and most are typically solitary dragons. Some are "normal" but have their own unique quirks. [rule] [b]Commander[/b] - Commands all ranks in what they should be doing and can de-rank all other ranks except the original. They also help in assigning guards that protect the merchants. The dragon has to be level 24-25 to be this rank [rule] [b]Original[/b] - Firstborn Lightning Collector dragon, currently only one dragon holds this original role, and it is Chii. Original's have power over all the other ranks and must be level 25. Chii was the first official lightning collector observed by Stormcatcher, and made to further this species to support his business endeavors. [rule] Apparel normally worn by the Lightning Collectors are (But are not limited to): [item=highland scavenger][item=mesa mechanojets][item=golem gauntlet][item=electrified sash][item=electricians power pack][item=voltaic stormclaws][item=eerie cyan forejewels][item=eerie cryan grasp][item=eerie cyan clawrings] [rule] Guard ranked dragons are the only ones who can wear this apparel: [item=battlescale wing guard][item=battlescale greaves][item=battlescale bracers][item=battlescale tail guard][item=battlescale shoulder guards][item=battlescale chest guard][item=battlescale helmet][item=aeruginous scale wingplate] Guards can also wield weapons if they choose to do so. [rule] [b]Special apparel[/b] [b]Merchants, Delivery, Travelers, Engineers, Overseers, Commanders, and Assistants can choose to wear the following:[/b] [item=Surgestream Coat][item=Powerpack coat][item=cosmologist fieldtools] [b]Assistants, Welders, Mechanics, and Engineers can choose to wear the following item(s):[/b] [item=brass steampunk vest][item=brass steampunk goggles][item=brass steampunk gloves][item=brass steampunk scarf][item=brass steampunk spats][item=brass steampunk wings][item=brass steampunk tail bauble] [rule] [b]Accessories[/b] [item=glowing blue clawtips][item=aqua deepsea bulb][item=gold halfmoon spectacles][item=cobalt halfmoon spectacles][item=voltaic halo] These are very common among the Lightning Collectors, but they can choose to wear other accessories as they see fit. Most will wear satchels, books, and other useful things. They can wear any skin/accent that does not bother the sub-specie in their daily operations. [rule] [b]BREEDS[/b] The collectors come in many breeds Common: [item=breed change: Ridgeback][item=breed change: Skydancer][item=breed change: Nocturne] Uncommon: [item=breed change: Wildclaw][item=breed change: Pearlcatcher][item=breed change: imperial][item=breed change: Coatl] Rare: [item=breed change: bogsneak][item=breed change: gaoler][item=breed change: Obelisk][item=breed change: spiral] [rule] [b][size=5]COLORING[/b][/size] [b]Primary: Black-Midnight (Most common is Obsidian)[/b] [b]Secondary: Cyan-spearmint (Most common is Mint,Spearmint, Jade, and Cyan) Tertiary: Abyss-Aqua[/b] (Most common are Abyss, Teal, Cyan, Aqua, Robin) [b][size=6]GENES[/size][/b] [b]Primary genes are the following:[/b] [item=primary gene: metallic][item=primary gene: Tapir][item=primary gene: Pinstripe][item=primary gene: ripple][item=primary gene: Iridescent][item=primary gene: wasp][item=primary gene: skink][item=primary gene: starmap][item=primary gene: Python][item=primary gene: slime][item=primary gene: swirl][item=primary gene: flaunt][item=primary gene: fade][item=primary gene: boulder] [b]Secondary:[/b] [item=secondary gene: current][item=secondary gene: striation][item=secondary gene: Trail][item=secondary gene: bee][item=secondary gene: stripes][item=secondary gene: spinner][item=secondary gene: constellation][item=secondary gene: Noxtide][item=secondary gene: morph][item=secondary gene: Saturn][item=secondary gene: Shimmer][item=secondary gene: sludge][item=secondary gene: blend][item=secondary gene: marbled][item=secondary gene: butterfly][item=secondary gene: alloy][item=secondary gene: flair][item=secondary gene: facet][item=secondary gene: sarcophagus][item=secondary gene: Myrid] [b]Tertiary can be [b]any gene[/b], it does not affect how they collect and gather lightning.[/b] But the most common to be observed on this sub-specie would be: [item=tertiary gene: Contour][item=tertiary gene: ghost][item=tertiary gene: capsule][item=tertiary gene: glimmer][item=tertiary gene: filigree][item=tertiary gene: Ringlets][item=tertiary gene: firefly][item=tertiary gene: veined] [rule] [b]COLORING SPECIFICATIONS[/b] [b] Black-Midnight Primary, Cyan-Spearmint secondary, Abyss-Aqua tertiary.[/b] Examples: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=22&breed=5&element=5&gender=0&tert=89&tertgene=20&winggene=20&wings=152&auth=7f0c967ffe8622db42a95442ed9bd8a62b44fc33&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=17&breed=8&element=5&gender=0&tert=117&tertgene=21&winggene=21&wings=152&auth=75a8cd11c61bc3d6c4e7210e4477f38af4491978&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [rule] [b][size=5]Q & A[/size][/b] [rule] Q: My dragon meets the specific requirements but doesn't come from an already pre-existing lightning collector, does my dragon count? A: Unfortunately no, unless it comes from my lair directly OR a registered breeder, the subspecies is [b]CLOSED[/b] to outside dragons. However, I am more than happy to breed you a dragon of your liking to get you started. YOU CAN, however, breed ONE pre-existing lightning collector to a non, and if the offspring of that pair MEET the requirement, then they can be considered one! I will also allow a previously registered ANCESTOR offspring to be registered. You must provide me with the dragons ID. Q: Can I have my dragon two ranks? A: Yes, one can be a temporary rank though! You could also give them a hobby too instead of another rank! Q: I bred my lightning collectors on a (Insert not lightning) nest, do their offspring still count as lightning collectors?? A: Yup! As stated above in the info, [b]eye color does not bother this species![/b] in fact, make some fun lore info on why they have different eye colors! Q: Can I write lore on my dragon relating to its parents? A: Uh YES! That is so cool I'd love to see some lore, related to parents or even not! Q: Can I breed my lightning collector to other dragons not part of the subspecies? A: Yup, just the offspring won't count as lightning collectors then, sorry! Q: If my dragon is slightly off can they be a lightning collector "near-miss"? A: No sorry, these are proud subspecies, and they only accept the best! You can use them as a breeding option to get you CLOSER to the subspecies though! Q: Do I have to follow the subspecies lore? A: No, be creative, do whatever you want, it's YOUR dragon! [img]https://i.ibb.co/6t3vQcv/AsOne.png[/img] [b]AFFILIATES[/b] [rule] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drt/2886840][img]https://i.imgur.com/DIA7t5O.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2748776#post_2748776][img]https://i.imgur.com/8V3SLGR.gif[/img] [/url] [rule]
Lightning Collector Subspecie Information Hub and Sale thread!

lightning_collectorssub_by_uponnightfall-dc7wi9o.gif
dragonlist_by_uponnightfall-dc7wi9h.gif
PINGLIST | BREEDING PAIRS | STORY PROMPTS
Updates:
November 2022: I WILL NO LONGER BE ADDING TO THIS SUBSPECIES. IT IS NOW RETIRED IN MY EYES.
Quote:
The current number of dragons is: 226
AsOne.png
The Cyan Light
A storm brewing on the sea, brought a strong surge of energy to the land. “Ahh, yes. This will do very nicely,” StormCatcher muttered to himself. His strong sharp wings spread from his body, the webbing catching the wind much akin to a sail on a boat. The rain came thundering down, pelting the land in its wake. Dark clouds grew hauntingly closer, engulfing the moonlight above. Hastily, StormCatcher ascended into the dark sky, straight to the thunderous clouds above. A boom of natural strong-hearted thunder rumbled deep in the dark abyssal cloud mass. Suddenly, StormCatcher lets out a strong roar, directing his lightning to make contact at the exact moment the naturally forming one reaches the peaks of the earth below. The largest light mass ever seen by StormCatcher engulfed the charred dry wastelands below. The light though did not erupt because of the lightning alone, no, it's due to his creation that lurked below. Alone in his time with his children and work endeavors, he had been working on the most exciting money producer any drake shall lay eyes upon. Slowly, he approaches the metallic dome on the surface. He places his claws on it and slowly it begins to open, letting out a solid cyan light. Arching his head closer, his sharp eyes view his most successful creation. Subspecies. Not just any, but a scientifically created subspecies, designed to be hosts of lightning itself, and act as carriers to transport said lightning. His smaller mantis-like limbs reach down and pick up the young dragon. “You…are my FINEST creation, child. Unwavering, strong drakes. Built FOR lightning.” He set the Wildclaw down and proceeded about his day. He ended up naming the creation “Chii” meaning “Status” as power is everything when starting out. Of course, he also branded his subspecies, "Lightning Collectors" as true to their name. As Chii grew, she became pretty much his adversary. Overlooking the Lightning Collectors, and producing them too. They developed enhanced technology to further their subspecies expansions into other regions. They are feared by many dragons, as unnatural, in their eyes. Alas, they may get dirty and feared looks from other dragons, but within the shifting expanse, they’re safe and well established.
Collectors-Beginning.png
Life in the Subspecies
Living amongst the highest cliffs of the Shifting Expanse; The Lightning Collectors are a solitary sub-specie breed from the Lightning Flight. They also appear from other flights but quickly involve themselves with the lightning clans. Built to withstand high altitudes, and harsh weather the Lightning Collectors fly headlong into even the most severe of storms. Utilizing special glands along with their wings they are able to siphon electricity out of storm clouds, store it deep inside their bodies, and later use it to charge and create powerful equipment.

Carving their lairs into the high mesas of the Shifting Expanse; Lightning Collectors are able to watch the horizon for incoming storms that they can harvest from. Since they usually live alone; their dens are typically on the smaller side, and can feel cramped as they pack the small space with lengths of wire and electrical components that they find and hoard. This can become a problem in their later years, and some will even abandon old nests, and start over if the nest becomes too full to even get in.

Although most lightning collectors live in solitude, it is generally believed amongst the ranks that the brood should come first. Individuals proudly act as small cogs in the greater machine in their quest to evolve into the perfect species. They typically selectively breed only the strongest members; each generation strives to be greater than the previous. Mating within the species is almost always for the sole purpose of furthering the lightning collector bloodline. "Love" is not a concept that is well understood by collectors, pairings are usually temporary, and end once eggs are laid. Even parental bonds are near non-existent; young lightning collectors act more as interns learning what they can from others until they are old enough to venture out on their own. Lightning collectors from other regions are always welcomed, as long as they earn their keep and produce more offspring to further their numbers.

By always trying to innovate, and improve their creations; the lightning collectors' equipment has become known to be some of the most powerful albeit less stable within the Shifting Expanse. Some of the more eccentric drakes are viewed as mad scientists from the outside due to the dangerous nature of their inventions. Some will even experiment with trying to upgrade their own bodies by replacing organic parts with more efficient mechanical ones as a means of improving upon the lightning collector physique.
Lightning collectors will sometimes alter their own genes to improve themselves, and by extension their standing. The more successful alterations can even spread jealousy, and start new trends within the flight. In order for lightning collectors to remain easily identifiable, strict guidelines around visual appearance are in place for these modifications. To remain a member of the lightning collector community; a drake must not deviate too far from the standard colors and patterns.

Electricity collected by the drakes is discharged into special containers for safekeeping. These charged canisters serve as the main currency between lightning collectors when bartering for rare components. Lightning collectors are shrewd negotiators that view their possessions with an overinflated sense of worth. Inversely they are quick to point out small defects in another's product as a means to try and bring the price down. Disagreements upon potential purchases are quite common and can get very heated, but it is extremely rare that it results in physical violence.

Lightning collectors started to figure out they can alter their genes and current capabilities early on. So much so, they decided to open select brooding facilities in each different domain to ensure they could grow their numbers. Because of this, eye color does not cause any discrepancies among them, they all know they are here to collect lightning specifically for the boss man himself. The hatcheries are located all over, and typically found in the higher points if they can. Locations are the following:

Lightning: HighLand Scrub, Carrion Canyon
Fire: Great Furance (Built into the back volcano side)
Wind: Reedcleft Ascent, Zephyr Steppes
Plague: Abiding Boneyard
Shadow: Close to the Dusk Sanctum
Light: Close to the beacon of the radiant eye, built into the cliffsides
Nature: Worldedge Wetlands
Earth: Near the Parched canyonwalks
Arcane: Hoverview Vale
Ice: Rigid Floes
Collectors-Rise.png
RANKING/JOBS
The ranking found within the Lightning Collector Subspecies (Lowest to highest job rank list) Collectors love staying busy, especially for boss dad. So much so, that they pick up hobbies or even another temp rank to keep their claws from being idle! Some dragons learn other skills such as tarot card reading, knitting, sewing, etc! Anything to stay away from idle claws.
If you'd like to see my current dragons that hold these positions, head on over to Solace
Collector - grunts, the typical low-ranked collector, collects lightning only in the shifting expanse leaving the more difficult terrain to the skilled travelers.
Traveler - Travels between different clans and locations to collect lightning in a foreign land
The dragon must be level 5 in the coliseum to achieve this rank. These dragons are typically in a negative mood from the long tedious task of traveling. Some of them are more upbeat but the majority are in the latter mood.
Guard - Guards will watch over the shipment and delivery of collected lightning, and will accompany merchants on their sales to avoid theft or attacks. Dragons holding this position must be level 7 or higher in the coliseum. Guards are very serious dragons, those who hold this position work hard for it.
Deliverer - Takes filled lightning capsules from the collectors, and delivers them to the merchants and the bolt catacombs (A large storage facility located in the depths of their operations). The dragon must be level 8 or higher in the coliseum. This job is geared for the more meticulous dragon, as they have to fulfill orders and keep track of every capsule they transport. Failure to do so will result in demotion.
Merchant - Sells the lightning collected in special capsules, usually accompanied by a guard. Merchants are not required to be leveled, but they are recommended to have a likable personality and be silver-tongued.
Assistant - Assists and teaches new lightning collectors the ropes around the place and how to collect properly. They also assess and see if the drake has better-suited potential elsewhere. When assisting they also help collect lightning with another dragon during the training process. The dragon must be level 10. These dragons are also sent to any other position that is needing a set of extra claws to help them. For example, if a huge order comes in, the Assistants are sent to help.
Welder/Fabricator - Welds equipment made from the blueprints provided by the engineers, which are used for storing and collecting lightning. These dragons are skilled workers and love to create the unimaginable provided by the engineers. These dragons do not have to be leveled.
Mechanic - Repairs broken equipment/helps maintain and regularly checks on the collector's tools to keep them running at tip-top shape. Lightning can be very unstable, which results in equipment failure sometimes. These dragons do not have to be leveled.
Engineer - Helps create more equipment designs for the collectors to use, sends designs to welders and mechanics. These dragons spend every waking hour physically possible, designing new things.
Flight Overseer - Assigns where collectors go to collect the lightning, and can tell travelers where to go too sometimes. They observe weather patterns and keep a log of every storm collected. Dragons holding this position must be level 7 in the coliseum.
Scientist - A truly rewarding occupation to the collectors, scientists are constantly re-gening dragons, from tail to nose. They work fast and efficiently, if they don't they lose their job and go back to being a grunt collector. Those who produce NEW genes within their own study are rewarded with using them on themselves first. These eccentric dragons are deemed unstable and most are typically solitary dragons. Some are "normal" but have their own unique quirks.
Commander - Commands all ranks in what they should be doing and can de-rank all other ranks except the original. They also help in assigning guards that protect the merchants. The dragon has to be level 24-25 to be this rank
Original - Firstborn Lightning Collector dragon, currently only one dragon holds this original role, and it is Chii. Original's have power over all the other ranks and must be level 25. Chii was the first official lightning collector observed by Stormcatcher, and made to further this species to support his business endeavors.

Apparel normally worn by the Lightning Collectors are (But are not limited to):
Highland Scavenger Mesa Mechanojets Golem Gauntlet Electrified Sash Voltaic Stormclaws Eerie Cyan Forejewels Eerie Cyan Clawrings
Guard ranked dragons are the only ones who can wear this apparel:
Battlescale Wing Guard Battlescale Greaves Battlescale Bracers Battlescale Tail Guard Battlescale Shoulder Guards Battlescale Chest Guard Battlescale Helmet
Guards can also wield weapons if they choose to do so.
Special apparel
Merchants, Delivery, Travelers, Engineers, Overseers, Commanders, and Assistants can choose to wear the following:
Surgestream Coat Powerpack Coat Cosmologist Fieldtools
Assistants, Welders, Mechanics, and Engineers can choose to wear the following item(s):
Brass Steampunk Vest Brass Steampunk Goggles Brass Steampunk Gloves Brass Steampunk Scarf Brass Steampunk Spats Brass Steampunk Wings Brass Steampunk Tail Bauble
Accessories
Glowing Blue Clawtips Aqua Deepsea Bulb Gold Halfmoon Spectacles Cobalt Halfmoon Spectacles Voltaic Halo
These are very common among the Lightning Collectors, but they can choose to wear other accessories as they see fit. Most will wear satchels, books, and other useful things.
They can wear any skin/accent that does not bother the sub-specie in their daily operations.
BREEDS
The collectors come in many breeds
Common: Breed Change: Ridgeback Breed Change: Skydancer Breed Change: Nocturne
Uncommon: Breed Change: Wildclaw Breed Change: Pearlcatcher Breed Change: Imperial Breed Change: Coatl
Rare: Breed Change: Bogsneak Breed Change: Gaoler Breed Change: Obelisk Breed Change: Spiral
COLORING
Primary: Black-Midnight (Most common is Obsidian)
Secondary: Cyan-spearmint (Most common is Mint,Spearmint, Jade, and Cyan)
Tertiary: Abyss-Aqua
(Most common are Abyss, Teal, Cyan, Aqua, Robin)
GENES
Primary genes are the following:
Primary Gene: Metallic Primary Gene: Tapir Primary Gene: Pinstripe Primary Gene: Ripple Primary Gene: Iridescent Primary Gene: Wasp Primary Gene: Skink Primary Gene: Starmap Primary Gene: Python Primary Gene: Slime Primary Gene: Swirl Primary Gene: Flaunt Primary Gene: Fade Primary Gene: Boulder

Secondary: Secondary Gene: Current Secondary Gene: Striation Secondary Gene: Trail Secondary Gene: Bee Secondary Gene: Stripes Secondary Gene: Spinner Secondary Gene: Constellation Secondary Gene: Noxtide Secondary Gene: Morph Secondary Gene: Saturn Secondary Gene: Shimmer Secondary Gene: Sludge Secondary Gene: Blend Secondary Gene: Marbled Secondary Gene: Butterfly Secondary Gene: Alloy Secondary Gene: Flair Secondary Gene: Facet Secondary Gene: Sarcophagus Secondary Gene: Myrid

Tertiary can be any gene, it does not affect how they collect and gather lightning.
But the most common to be observed on this sub-specie would be:
Tertiary Gene: Contour Tertiary Gene: Ghost Tertiary Gene: Capsule Tertiary Gene: Glimmer Tertiary Gene: Filigree Tertiary Gene: Ringlets Tertiary Gene: Firefly Tertiary Gene: Veined
COLORING SPECIFICATIONS
Black-Midnight Primary, Cyan-Spearmint secondary, Abyss-Aqua tertiary.
Examples:
dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=22&breed=5&element=5&gender=0&tert=89&tertgene=20&winggene=20&wings=152&auth=7f0c967ffe8622db42a95442ed9bd8a62b44fc33&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=17&breed=8&element=5&gender=0&tert=117&tertgene=21&winggene=21&wings=152&auth=75a8cd11c61bc3d6c4e7210e4477f38af4491978&dummyext=prev.png
Q & A
Q: My dragon meets the specific requirements but doesn't come from an already pre-existing lightning collector, does my dragon count?
A: Unfortunately no, unless it comes from my lair directly OR a registered breeder, the subspecies is CLOSED to outside dragons. However, I am more than happy to breed you a dragon of your liking to get you started. YOU CAN, however, breed ONE pre-existing lightning collector to a non, and if the offspring of that pair MEET the requirement, then they can be considered one! I will also allow a previously registered ANCESTOR offspring to be registered. You must provide me with the dragons ID.

Q: Can I have my dragon two ranks?
A: Yes, one can be a temporary rank though! You could also give them a hobby too instead of another rank!

Q: I bred my lightning collectors on a (Insert not lightning) nest, do their offspring still count as lightning collectors??
A: Yup! As stated above in the info, eye color does not bother this species! in fact, make some fun lore info on why they have different eye colors!

Q: Can I write lore on my dragon relating to its parents?
A: Uh YES! That is so cool I'd love to see some lore, related to parents or even not!

Q: Can I breed my lightning collector to other dragons not part of the subspecies?
A: Yup, just the offspring won't count as lightning collectors then, sorry!

Q: If my dragon is slightly off can they be a lightning collector "near-miss"?
A: No sorry, these are proud subspecies, and they only accept the best! You can use them as a breeding option to get you CLOSER to the subspecies though!

Q: Do I have to follow the subspecies lore?
A: No, be creative, do whatever you want, it's YOUR dragon!
AsOne.png
AFFILIATES

DIA7t5O.png
8V3SLGR.gif

@Moichao10 Can you put me on the pinglist please?
@Moichao10 Can you put me on the pinglist please?
beSyfKR.png
[center][b][size=5]GENERAL PINGLIST[/b][/size] [img]https://i.ibb.co/5jVZL7r/Collectors-Beginning.png[/img] [rule] [quote]@/CupcakeNova @/Toad @/StrayMoon @/littleraddish128 @/PrimalGoddess @/Dekomaru @/Pallup @/JayPaw @/DeadAssCop @/Cawfee[/quote] SPECIFIC BREEDING [quote] Baron X Misam - @/MandiiDragonis, @/SnowySavannah, @/xxhenry1025xx [/quote] [quote] Piar X Levina - [/quote] [quote] @/Itsthirteen - Obs/Aqua/Teal Any unrelated (two, or single one RIDGEBACK)[/quote] [quote] @/Trickilicky - specifically Lightning eyes only, any species[/quote] [quote] Zosma X Styrmir - [/quote] [quote] Piar X Misam - @/VampireHunter @/XBloodThirstyX (female only) @/AtlantisFlewAway @/Illuminadi8 (const/fil) @/Storrie @/MidnightPinto @/DeadAssCop-(M ridge XYY obs/cy/cy bee/fila or noc) @/JoweeTheRaposa (female only XYY circuit/const [/quote] [quote] Baron X Aoi - [/quote] [quote]@/Pikabolt - Female Ridgeback[/quote] [quote] Unrelenting Spark - @/Perry321 @/DragonOfMordor[/quote]
GENERAL PINGLIST
Collectors-Beginning.png
Quote:
@/CupcakeNova @/Toad @/StrayMoon @/littleraddish128 @/PrimalGoddess @/Dekomaru @/Pallup @/JayPaw @/DeadAssCop @/Cawfee

SPECIFIC BREEDING
Quote:
Baron X Misam - @/MandiiDragonis, @/SnowySavannah, @/xxhenry1025xx
Quote:
Piar X Levina -
Quote:
@/Itsthirteen - Obs/Aqua/Teal Any unrelated (two, or single one RIDGEBACK)
Quote:
@/Trickilicky - specifically Lightning eyes only, any species
Quote:
Zosma X Styrmir -
Quote:
Piar X Misam - @/VampireHunter @/XBloodThirstyX (female only)
@/AtlantisFlewAway @/Illuminadi8 (const/fil) @/Storrie @/MidnightPinto @/DeadAssCop-(M ridge XYY obs/cy/cy bee/fila or noc) @/JoweeTheRaposa (female only XYY circuit/const
Quote:
Baron X Aoi -
Quote:
@/Pikabolt - Female Ridgeback
Quote:
Unrelenting Spark - @/Perry321 @/DragonOfMordor
@Moichao10
General pinglist would be great!
@Moichao10
General pinglist would be great!
beSyfKR.png
@Ryuuna
Alright, added thank you!
@Ryuuna
Alright, added thank you!
@Moichao10

Can I be added to the pinglist for this subspecies, please? I'm especially interested in a Day Collector! I love their lore and would love to have one in my lair!
@Moichao10

Can I be added to the pinglist for this subspecies, please? I'm especially interested in a Day Collector! I love their lore and would love to have one in my lair!
@IllusionsInsane
Adding now, thank you for your interest!
@IllusionsInsane
Adding now, thank you for your interest!
@Moichao10

Pinglist please.
@Moichao10

Pinglist please.
ZDJJHR2.png
@Moichao10

My phone hates the self-editing stuff. Could you add me to the general list?
@Moichao10

My phone hates the self-editing stuff. Could you add me to the general list?
ZDJJHR2.png
@Bambu
Sure thing! Thank you for your interest.
@Bambu
Sure thing! Thank you for your interest.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18