Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | [Lore Shop] worlds in a pen
1 2 3 4 5
@MistyGold Hello! I love these two; they practically wrote themselves! I've pasted the layout in here, and I'll be PMing you the code shortly! Let me know if you'd prefer to have it just the text and I can send that to you, too. The word count, all told, turned out to be 2973, with 2619 being the story. That means the total price comes to 400k, so 300k is left. I hope you like it! Let me know if I need to make any changes. [quote=Arwen - Full Bio - 2973][columns][nextcol] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/366099/36609808.png[/img] ???[font=franklin gothic][size=5][color=#C6B4AD]»[/color] [color=#5A3D33]Arwen[/color][/size] [size=2][color=#C6B4AD][i]headstrong helper[/i][/color][/font] [center][color=#C6B4AD]???????????????????[/color] [size=1][color=transparent].[/color][/size] [size=2][font=times new roman][color=#474747]clan founder · council head · healer[/color][/font][/size] [size=1][color=transparent].[/color][/size] [item=unicorn dust][item=autumn woodbasket] [item=pressed flower][item=dried lilium petals] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=101073][size=1][font=franklin gothic]code by epher #101073[/font][/size][/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=96931][size=1][font=franklin gothic]lore by almedha #96931[/font][/size][/url][/center] [nextcol] [center][color=#5A3D33]»[/color] [color=#C6B4AD]??????????????????? [size=4][color=#5A3D33]?[/color][/size] ???????????????????[/color] [color=#5A3D33]«[/color][/center][size=1][/size] [columns][nextcol][color=#5A3D33][font=times new roman]Wind is prone to wander. Arwen insisted it was the gentle zephyrs on the Steppes that fluffed her hatchling feathers called her away. No one could argue--the Winds were a call and a pull, impossible to resist for a child of Wind. Arwen left her parents’ nest at a young age, her pale green eyes set on the Cloudsong. Her parents were hesitant. She was a lovely Skydancer, a Skydancer of Wind. Her build was slight, light as a breeze and lithe as a new reed. What if she couldn't face the strong winds off the cliffs? The Wind cannot be swayed. No matter. Arwen was strong, she was adventurous, she wanted to [i]see[/i]. Taking little heed from the sage advice of dragons older than she, Arwen packed up and set out. She did pack the things she would need, and prepared as best she could for her journey, but the Winds, as they warned, were stronger than her light frame could fight. The perpetual cyclones ripped Arwen out of the sky, sending her spiraling down to the Steppes below.[/size][/font][/color][/columns] [nextcol][/columns] [center][color=#5A3D33]»[/color] [color=#C6B4AD]???????????????????????????????? [size=4][color=#5A3D33]?[/color][/size] ???????????????????????????????[/color] [color=#5A3D33]«[/color][/center] [columns][nextcol] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36609809][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/366099/36609809.png[/img][/url][/center] ???[font=franklin gothic][size=5][color=#C6B4AD]»[/color] [color=#5A3D33]Gale[/color][/size] [size=2][color=#C6B4AD][i]one love[/i][/color][/font] [center][color=#C6B4AD]????????????????????????[/color][/center] [size=1][color=transparent].[/color][/size] [color=#5A3D33][font=times new roman]Arwen has been enamored of Gale, her mate and clan co-founder, for a long time. They have their occasional tiffs and disagreements, but they seem to emerge the stronger for it. Gale, like Arwen, is a caretaker at heart, creative and practical at the same time. The clan, after Arwen, of course, is his number one concern. The same, theoretically, holds true for Arwen, though their attention is too often drawn away by the clan's necessary demands on their time. Perhaps all they both need is a vacation.[/color][/font][/size] [size=1][color=transparent].[/color][/size] [nextcol] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45589227][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/455893/45589227.png[/img][/url][/center] ???[font=franklin gothic][size=5][color=#C6B4AD]»[/color] [color=#5A3D33]Breeze[/color][/size] [color=#C6B4AD][i]heart’s daughter[/i][/color][/font] [center][color=#C6B4AD]????????????????????????[/color][/center] [size=1][color=transparent].[/color][/size] [color=#5A3D33][font=times new roman]Though Arwen is filled with her own blessings, few amaze her the way Breeze does. Though Breeze is not a Skydancer, her sense of surrounding magic is second-to-none, and her quiet and pleasant personality mesh well with Arwen's well-meaning ambition. True to her nature as a founder of great things, Arwen dreams of seeing Breeze come into her own as the clan's leader. Arwen understands better than any when Breeze withdraws from dragon company to dwell on the shifting breeze and the way the Wind blows tomorrow. [/color][/font] [size=1][color=transparent].[/color][/size] [/columns] [center][color=#5A3D33]»[/color] [color=#C6B4AD]???????????????????????????????? [size=4][color=#5A3D33]?[/color][/size] ???????????????????????????????[/color] [color=#5A3D33]«[/color][/center] [columns][nextcol][font=times new roman][center][color=#5A3D33]?[font=times new roman][size=5][color=#5A3D33] I [/size][color=#5A3D33]?[/center] [color=#5A3D33][font=times new roman]Gale settled down in the shelter of the hollowed-out tree, the final, dead vestige of a long-gone wood taken over by bamboo. Fortunate he should find it, too; the darkening sky advertised a heavy rain in the distance, and the parched land wouldn’t take to it well. Prime situation for flash-floods if Gale ever saw one. Plus, Gale hated it when his fur got wet. “Well,” he said to a nearby roan mouse he’d befriended earlier by sharing some rye kernels. “It looks like we may be here a while.” The storm’s wind whistled like pipes through the bamboo, and cracked at the tree like the snap of a Spiral’s tail. Gale sighed, happy to be out of the weather. “And a good thing, too,” he said. “It’s been a long day. A long… week…” The roan mouse twitched its nose and crept out of his knot in the tree’s side to Gale’s paw. Gale smiled at the little creature. Maybe the mouse sensed their shared herbivorous tendencies. When the mouse started climbing up Gale’s shoulder, he realized it was only because the mouse smelled the stash of dandelions he’d tucked in his travel sack. The pouch still hung around his neck. “Oh, I see. You’re hungry, is that it?” Gale shrugged the mouse off and offered it a bud. Without so much as a glance toward his benefactor, the mouse disappeared into the bamboo grove. At the same moment, a shrill squawk, like that of a budgie crossed with a raven, ended in a crash, crack, and rustle through the bamboo. Gale stood and peeked from his tree hollow, the wild wind brushing his mane into his eyes. “I don’t think that was the wind,” he muttered, though he knew the roan mouse was long-gone. The dead tree groaned as the wind pushed at it, first from one side then another. The weak cry of another creature--not tree, not mouse--joined the chorus of misery. Gale looked up to the sky, the wind buffeting the leafless branches. Rain started to patter on the branches of the forgotten tree. “Really?” he asked the Windsinger, almost hearing the god's mischievous laughter in the chipper whistles of the bamboo. With a sigh and steeling his courage, Gale stepped out into the rain. The wind howled, and the the rain cascaded down the sides of the bamboo and the sloping ground. Gale picked up his feet, and not just because the dirt had turned to sludge. A Skydancer, withered and wounded by her fight with the winds, lay among a haphazard nest of destroyed bamboo. It didn’t look comfortable--in fact, it looked like she’d made the nest in a hurry by crashing into it. She was brilliant, even in the drab lighting from the clouds and rain. Golden and lustrously feathered. The slender creature was far too small… what could she be thinking, out in weather like this? Even bulky Ridgebacks were wary to fly in a hurricane. The Skydancer lifted her head and looked at him. She didn’t say anything. She probably didn’t get a very good look before leaning her head against the nearest shard of bamboo and closing her eyes. She didn’t seem to care about the rains and the wind anymore. Well, Gale cared. Rain drenched his fur now, and he was not about to have come out in the rain for nothing. Shaking himself out--for all the good it did--he approached the Skydancer. Her short antenae twitched as he approached, but she didn’t respond otherwise. With an effort, he picked up the Skydancer and put her on his back. It was a long hike back to his tree, but the thought of anywhere dry was, at that moment, more than enough to keep him going. [center][color=#5A3D33]?[font=times new roman][size=5][color=#5A3D33] II [/size][color=#5A3D33]?[/center] [color=#5A3D33][font=times new roman]Bright chirping coaxed Arwen from unconsciousness. She blinked into blurry light, a soft and warm light she thought she might never see again, and remembered. She’d left home in the plainest weather she’d ever seen, only for the winds to whip themselves into a fury and hurl her from the sky. The wind she’d loved all her life turned against her, the bamboo she’d played among as a hatchling was not so friendly to assault from above. Suddenly, a dandelion dropped on her nose. Arwen cast her glance up to the far end of--was it a cave? A brown Tundra with a brilliant golden mane and friendly green eyes grinned at her. His ears, fuzzy as lambswool, twitched beside his horns. “Afternoon, Sunspot.” His voice was clear like the summer breeze over a warm sea. With an absent-minded nod of greeting, Arwen glanced toward the nearest light source. It wasn’t far away--in fact, the space the two occupied seemed quite small. Closer inspection showed Arwen it was a tree. A hollowed-out tree. Bamboo outside blocked her view of any other identifying landmarks, but she must have still been in Wind Territory. Probably back at the foot of the Reedcleft Ascent, with the way the winds had tossed her last night. “Mind telling me what a nice girl like you was doing in a storm like that?” the Tundra asked. “Exploring.” Arwen hadn’t meant her answer to be so short, but the moment she tried to put any weight on her front claw, her shoulder objected with sharp pain. Her reaction, to curl up to protect herself, only drew her attention to a piercing sensation in her wing. She barely registered the Tundra cry out, as if he were the one hurt. “Hey, hey!” the Tundra said. “Careful, there, Sunspot. You took quite a tumble.” Arwen huffed. “Arwen.” “Gale.” The Tundra beamed. “Nice to meet you.” For a moment, Arwen couldn’t decide whether it actually was nice or not. Then she remembered she might have been out in the mud and rain for who-knew-how-long without his help. It looked like her cuts were dressed, and her wing elevated as she slept to keep the swelling down. Arwen heaved a indignant sigh. "Thank you." That lopsided grin certainly worked in Gale's favor. She was having a difficult time attributing anything less than well-wishes to that smile. It was more than her Skydancer emotional intuition. Gale radiated kindness and optimism. And, at the moment, with a painful ache occupying half of her mind, it irritated her. "So," Gale said a moment later. He pulled up a pouch next to him and started rummaging around inside it. "Where you from, Arwen?" "Zephyr Steppes." Gale smiled kindly. "Ah, don't feel so bad then. The Zephyr Steppes aren't exactly known for their challenging air currents. Where you headed?" Arwen felt her face flush with embarrassment. She hadn't done all that well in the gentle breezes of the Steppes, and she wanted to go through a place called the Twisting Crescendo? It wasn't the most circumspect decision she'd made in her life. With a sigh, she admitted, "The Cloudsong." "Oh. The storms the Crescendo whip up are really something, aren't they?" Arwen could see the laughter in his eyes, but he managed to keep it back. Arwen had to smile a little, too, as she nodded. "I wasn't ready." "You can try again." By that time, Gale had pulled out a clawfull of wilting dandelion buds, pushing them toward her on the floor. "You should eat. Get your strength back so you can heal." Arwen looked down at her meal and nodded. "Thanks." "Then maybe we can see about getting you to Cloudsong, eh?" [center][color=#5A3D33]?[font=times new roman][size=5][color=#5A3D33] III [/size][color=#5A3D33]?[/center] [color=#5A3D33][font=times new roman]The days did wonders. Pain and irritation and embarrassment that once seemed so close was behind her. All Arwen could see was a bright future. Her wing and leg were still sore, but Gale was a dutiful caretaker. He made sure she didn’t overexert her injured leg or wing. Not that she needed all the help... But his attentiveness was endearing, if nothing else. It explained why they were on their way again, walking, toward the nearest settlement. Gale picked grasses and berries as they walked, depositing his finds in his pouch. Though Arwen wondered how they hadn’t run out of things to talk about in their days together, they seemed to have only barely scratched the surface. Arwen was only getting around to telling Gale about her family and her decision to live in Cloudsong. “I didn’t want to be in the Zephyr Steppes forever. The breezes were too quiet, to familiar… but, I guess, I know better to prepare now,” Arwen finished with a bright smile. “I want to be on my own, you know? Have a great life and do it myself.” “Yourself, huh?” Gale nodded encouragingly. “My family are artisans. We make kites.” He looked at the squares of fabric strapped to his hip. “In case that wasn’t obvious.” “I thought it was for quilting,” Arwen joked. “They don’t get out much,” Gale continued. “And when I say, ‘not much,’ I mean… well, not at all. They’re pretty recluse. In fact--you’re the first Skydancer I’ve met.” “But you’re a Wind dragon,” Arwen tried--poorly--to hide her shock. She knew she wasn’t a very good liar, but she liked to think of that as more an asset than a liability. "There have to be hundreds of thousands of us on the Steppes alone!" "I know. It's crazy." He looked at her, his bright eyes reflecting the sun. "But I'm going to be a merchant, too. Not just a kite-maker; I'm going to do it all." "All?" Arwen repeated. "All what?" Gale pursed his lips. "You know? I'm not sure. But I'm going to anyway. How about you? I mean, you must have some plan what you were going to do when you got to Cloudsong, right?" Arwen laughed a little. "I heard they have gardens on Cloudsong. Have you seen anything like that? A garden in the sky." "That does sound interesting." He fell quiet, thought a bit, and then nodded. "I'd like to see that someday." "I'm sure you will someday," Arwen said. "I think all Wind dragons have to go there at least once. You can't be a real Wind dragon if you don't." Gale chuckled. "Oh, is that so?" "I think so." Arwen flashed him a joking smile. "You'll have to visit me when you come see the gardens." As if for the first time, Arwen realized that she was going to be alone. It hadn't bothered her when she left home, but it bothered her now. She wasn't about to let a little tussle with a storm put her off her dreams. She had better things to do than stay on the ground. "I promise," Gale said, jerking Arwen from her musing. Perhaps it wasn't only the traveling alone that bothered her. "Hey, you sure you're going to be okay?" Gale asked a minute later. "I don't, you know... have to go. I can stay with you until your wing's all healed up." Arwen bristled at the implication that she was a delicate dragon in need of constant attention, even though she knew Gale only meant kindness. She shook her head, craning her neck to get a better look at her wing. "It's healing well. I'll be fine on my own. Besides, it's a few days before we get there, at this pace." "Hm. Yeah." Gale nodded. "Well, I have a few things to buy when we get to town, anyway. A few things to do. Kites don't make themselves, you know." Arwen chuckled. "No, I don't suppose they do." "Maybe they have gardens," Gale suggested. [center][color=#5A3D33]?[font=times new roman][size=5][color=#5A3D33] IV [/size][color=#5A3D33]?[/center] [color=#5A3D33][font=times new roman]It was a nice village. Gardens sprung up green, and Centaurs lived in peace with the dragons. All the bamboo shacks looked new, probably because they had to be rebuilt after every strong wind storm. Hazard of living in Wind territory. Arwen supposed she cut a bit of a pathetic picture. She still limped from her crash, her wing feathers mussed, and the rest of her still dreadfully bruised. Gale, though, look exhausted and starving. Was he used to grazing more often? Maybe he wasn't as prepared for life on his own as he'd indicated. After all... he had no idea how to be a merchant. He didn't know how to have it all, even if it was what he wanted. "Is there an inn around?" Arwen asked the nearest Centaur. The enormous creature didn't speak a word, barely looked at her. All the same, he raised his hand to point down the road to a stand of boulders. Rainbows of fabrics pegged to the rocks looked sturdier than the town's other structures. The tents looked cozy, like nice places to stay and rest so she could get on her way again. Gale stopped in his tracks beside her, staring at the tents. "One good tornado will take that out as quick as the Lightweaver'll blind you." Arwen nodded sagely. "True." She looked around at the flat landscape, and then asked, "But what else are they supposed to do?" Gale shrugged. "Not live here?" "Then where would we be?" "The middle of nowhere." Gale grinned and turned back toward town. "You go ahead and get settled in the inn. I need to buy some bamboo shoots. Do you want anything to eat? I could--" "I'm fine, thanks." Arwen watched Gale trot away toward town, and went back to the inn. The Spiral inkeeper fussed enthusiastically over her injured arm and wing, offering all the local healing knowledge he had. He gave her a large tent and wink his pear-colored eye at her. "Let me know if you need anything, anything at all, darling!" he piped before twisting off. Arwen lounged in the shade of the tent, half inside, half outside, watching for Gale to come back. It was nice to be off the road. She knew that a bath was a long way off until the Windsinger decided to push some rain clouds their way. All the same, the meager comfort offered by the tent inn was more than enough for Arwen at the moment. Gale returned, a bundle of bamboo rods tied up beside his fabric squares. "Looks nice!" he said, looking the tent up and down. "It is." They both nodded, looking at the tent for too long. Then they looked at each other. "I guess this is it, then, huh, Sunspot?" "I guess it is." Arwen laughed. "Thank you for rescuing me." Gale gave a playful bow. "Anytime. I hope you have the biggest, fanciest flying garden in Sornieth." "I hope you become a great merchant," Arwen said. "I hope you do it all." Gale grinned. "I will. See you!" Gale turned and trotted away, his wings flapping gently in preparation to take off. Arwen felt her heart sink at the thought of seeing him take off into the sky, shrink until he was only a speck in her memory. Then he seemed stopped and turned around, tucking his wings against his back. "Hey, Arwen?" "What if we traveled together?" Arwen suggested. Gale grinned, as if she'd given a voice to the words in his heart. "What if we did?" [center][color=#5A3D33]?[font=times new roman][size=5][color=#5A3D33] epilogue [/size][color=#5A3D33]?[/center] [color=#5A3D33][font=times new roman]Arwen and Gale returned to the tree where they'd properly met and set up shop there. Eventually, they moved to a network of caves carved by underground rivers and the whirlwinds that made the world. Like Gale did for Arwen, the two take care of travelers caught off-guard by the powerful winds above them. Arwen's happy to know that she's not the only dragon to make the mistake of flying into the Crescendo unprepared. She's also happy to know that some mistakes are the best thing that could possibly happen. [/columns] [center][color=#5A3D33]»[/color] [color=#C6B4AD]???????????????????????????????? [size=4][color=#5A3D33]?[/color][/size] ???????????????????????????????[/color] [color=#5A3D33]«[/color][/center] [/quote]
@MistyGold
Hello! I love these two; they practically wrote themselves! I've pasted the layout in here, and I'll be PMing you the code shortly! Let me know if you'd prefer to have it just the text and I can send that to you, too.

The word count, all told, turned out to be 2973, with 2619 being the story. That means the total price comes to 400k, so 300k is left.

I hope you like it! Let me know if I need to make any changes.
Arwen - Full Bio - 2973 wrote:
36609808.png
???» Arwen headstrong helper
???????????????????
clan founder · council head · healer
Unicorn Dust Autumn Woodbasket
Pressed Flower Dried Lilium Petals

code by epher #101073
lore by almedha #96931
» ??????????????????? ? ??????????????????? «
Wind is prone to wander.

Arwen insisted it was the gentle zephyrs on the Steppes that fluffed her hatchling feathers called her away. No one could argue--the Winds were a call and a pull, impossible to resist for a child of Wind. Arwen left her parents’ nest at a young age, her pale green eyes set on the Cloudsong. Her parents were hesitant. She was a lovely Skydancer, a Skydancer of Wind. Her build was slight, light as a breeze and lithe as a new reed. What if she couldn't face the strong winds off the cliffs?

The Wind cannot be swayed.

No matter. Arwen was strong, she was adventurous, she wanted to see. Taking little heed from the sage advice of dragons older than she, Arwen packed up and set out. She did pack the things she would need, and prepared as best she could for her journey, but the Winds, as they warned, were stronger than her light frame could fight. The perpetual cyclones ripped Arwen out of the sky, sending her spiraling down to the Steppes below.
» ???????????????????????????????? ? ??????????????????????????????? «
36609809.png
???» Gale one love
????????????????????????
Arwen has been enamored of Gale, her mate and clan co-founder, for a long time. They have their occasional tiffs and disagreements, but they seem to emerge the stronger for it. Gale, like Arwen, is a caretaker at heart, creative and practical at the same time. The clan, after Arwen, of course, is his number one concern. The same, theoretically, holds true for Arwen, though their attention is too often drawn away by the clan's necessary demands on their time. Perhaps all they both need is a vacation.
45589227.png
???» Breeze heart’s daughter
????????????????????????
Though Arwen is filled with her own blessings, few amaze her the way Breeze does. Though Breeze is not a Skydancer, her sense of surrounding magic is second-to-none, and her quiet and pleasant personality mesh well with Arwen's well-meaning ambition. True to her nature as a founder of great things, Arwen dreams of seeing Breeze come into her own as the clan's leader. Arwen understands better than any when Breeze withdraws from dragon company to dwell on the shifting breeze and the way the Wind blows tomorrow.
? I ?

Gale settled down in the shelter of the hollowed-out tree, the final, dead vestige of a long-gone wood taken over by bamboo. Fortunate he should find it, too; the darkening sky advertised a heavy rain in the distance, and the parched land wouldn’t take to it well. Prime situation for flash-floods if Gale ever saw one.

Plus, Gale hated it when his fur got wet.

“Well,” he said to a nearby roan mouse he’d befriended earlier by sharing some rye kernels. “It looks like we may be here a while.” The storm’s wind whistled like pipes through the bamboo, and cracked at the tree like the snap of a Spiral’s tail. Gale sighed, happy to be out of the weather. “And a good thing, too,” he said. “It’s been a long day. A long… week…”

The roan mouse twitched its nose and crept out of his knot in the tree’s side to Gale’s paw. Gale smiled at the little creature. Maybe the mouse sensed their shared herbivorous tendencies. When the mouse started climbing up Gale’s shoulder, he realized it was only because the mouse smelled the stash of dandelions he’d tucked in his travel sack. The pouch still hung around his neck.

“Oh, I see. You’re hungry, is that it?” Gale shrugged the mouse off and offered it a bud.

Without so much as a glance toward his benefactor, the mouse disappeared into the bamboo grove. At the same moment, a shrill squawk, like that of a budgie crossed with a raven, ended in a crash, crack, and rustle through the bamboo. Gale stood and peeked from his tree hollow, the wild wind brushing his mane into his eyes.

“I don’t think that was the wind,” he muttered, though he knew the roan mouse was long-gone.

The dead tree groaned as the wind pushed at it, first from one side then another. The weak cry of another creature--not tree, not mouse--joined the chorus of misery. Gale looked up to the sky, the wind buffeting the leafless branches. Rain started to patter on the branches of the forgotten tree.

“Really?” he asked the Windsinger, almost hearing the god's mischievous laughter in the chipper whistles of the bamboo.

With a sigh and steeling his courage, Gale stepped out into the rain. The wind howled, and the the rain cascaded down the sides of the bamboo and the sloping ground. Gale picked up his feet, and not just because the dirt had turned to sludge.

A Skydancer, withered and wounded by her fight with the winds, lay among a haphazard nest of destroyed bamboo. It didn’t look comfortable--in fact, it looked like she’d made the nest in a hurry by crashing into it. She was brilliant, even in the drab lighting from the clouds and rain. Golden and lustrously feathered. The slender creature was far too small… what could she be thinking, out in weather like this? Even bulky Ridgebacks were wary to fly in a hurricane.

The Skydancer lifted her head and looked at him. She didn’t say anything. She probably didn’t get a very good look before leaning her head against the nearest shard of bamboo and closing her eyes. She didn’t seem to care about the rains and the wind anymore.

Well, Gale cared. Rain drenched his fur now, and he was not about to have come out in the rain for nothing. Shaking himself out--for all the good it did--he approached the Skydancer. Her short antenae twitched as he approached, but she didn’t respond otherwise. With an effort, he picked up the Skydancer and put her on his back. It was a long hike back to his tree, but the thought of anywhere dry was, at that moment, more than enough to keep him going.

? II ?

Bright chirping coaxed Arwen from unconsciousness. She blinked into blurry light, a soft and warm light she thought she might never see again, and remembered. She’d left home in the plainest weather she’d ever seen, only for the winds to whip themselves into a fury and hurl her from the sky. The wind she’d loved all her life turned against her, the bamboo she’d played among as a hatchling was not so friendly to assault from above.

Suddenly, a dandelion dropped on her nose.

Arwen cast her glance up to the far end of--was it a cave? A brown Tundra with a brilliant golden mane and friendly green eyes grinned at her. His ears, fuzzy as lambswool, twitched beside his horns. “Afternoon, Sunspot.” His voice was clear like the summer breeze over a warm sea.

With an absent-minded nod of greeting, Arwen glanced toward the nearest light source. It wasn’t far away--in fact, the space the two occupied seemed quite small. Closer inspection showed Arwen it was a tree. A hollowed-out tree. Bamboo outside blocked her view of any other identifying landmarks, but she must have still been in Wind Territory. Probably back at the foot of the Reedcleft Ascent, with the way the winds had tossed her last night.

“Mind telling me what a nice girl like you was doing in a storm like that?” the Tundra asked.

“Exploring.”

Arwen hadn’t meant her answer to be so short, but the moment she tried to put any weight on her front claw, her shoulder objected with sharp pain. Her reaction, to curl up to protect herself, only drew her attention to a piercing sensation in her wing. She barely registered the Tundra cry out, as if he were the one hurt.

“Hey, hey!” the Tundra said. “Careful, there, Sunspot. You took quite a tumble.”

Arwen huffed. “Arwen.”

“Gale.” The Tundra beamed.

“Nice to meet you.”

For a moment, Arwen couldn’t decide whether it actually was nice or not. Then she remembered she might have been out in the mud and rain for who-knew-how-long without his help. It looked like her cuts were dressed, and her wing elevated as she slept to keep the swelling down.

Arwen heaved a indignant sigh. "Thank you."

That lopsided grin certainly worked in Gale's favor. She was having a difficult time attributing anything less than well-wishes to that smile. It was more than her Skydancer emotional intuition. Gale radiated kindness and optimism. And, at the moment, with a painful ache occupying half of her mind, it irritated her.

"So," Gale said a moment later. He pulled up a pouch next to him and started rummaging around inside it. "Where you from, Arwen?"

"Zephyr Steppes."

Gale smiled kindly. "Ah, don't feel so bad then. The Zephyr Steppes aren't exactly known for their challenging air currents. Where you headed?"

Arwen felt her face flush with embarrassment. She hadn't done all that well in the gentle breezes of the Steppes, and she wanted to go through a place called the Twisting Crescendo? It wasn't the most circumspect decision she'd made in her life.

With a sigh, she admitted, "The Cloudsong."

"Oh. The storms the Crescendo whip up are really something, aren't they?"

Arwen could see the laughter in his eyes, but he managed to keep it back. Arwen had to smile a little, too, as she nodded. "I wasn't ready."

"You can try again." By that time, Gale had pulled out a clawfull of wilting dandelion buds, pushing them toward her on the floor. "You should eat. Get your strength back so you can heal."

Arwen looked down at her meal and nodded. "Thanks."

"Then maybe we can see about getting you to Cloudsong, eh?"

? III ?

The days did wonders. Pain and irritation and embarrassment that once seemed so close was behind her. All Arwen could see was a bright future. Her wing and leg were still sore, but Gale was a dutiful caretaker. He made sure she didn’t overexert her injured leg or wing. Not that she needed all the help... But his attentiveness was endearing, if nothing else. It explained why they were on their way again, walking, toward the nearest settlement.

Gale picked grasses and berries as they walked, depositing his finds in his pouch. Though Arwen wondered how they hadn’t run out of things to talk about in their days together, they seemed to have only barely scratched the surface. Arwen was only getting around to telling Gale about her family and her decision to live in Cloudsong.

“I didn’t want to be in the Zephyr Steppes forever. The breezes were too quiet, to familiar… but, I guess, I know better to prepare now,” Arwen finished with a bright smile. “I want to be on my own, you know? Have a great life and do it myself.”

“Yourself, huh?” Gale nodded encouragingly. “My family are artisans. We make kites.” He looked at the squares of fabric strapped to his hip. “In case that wasn’t obvious.”

“I thought it was for quilting,” Arwen joked.

“They don’t get out much,” Gale continued. “And when I say, ‘not much,’ I mean… well, not at all. They’re pretty recluse. In fact--you’re the first Skydancer I’ve met.”

“But you’re a Wind dragon,” Arwen tried--poorly--to hide her shock. She knew she wasn’t a very good liar, but she liked to think of that as more an asset than a liability. "There have to be hundreds of thousands of us on the Steppes alone!"

"I know. It's crazy." He looked at her, his bright eyes reflecting the sun. "But I'm going to be a merchant, too. Not just a kite-maker; I'm going to do it all."

"All?" Arwen repeated. "All what?"

Gale pursed his lips. "You know? I'm not sure. But I'm going to anyway. How about you? I mean, you must have some plan what you were going to do when you got to Cloudsong, right?"

Arwen laughed a little. "I heard they have gardens on Cloudsong. Have you seen anything like that? A garden in the sky."

"That does sound interesting." He fell quiet, thought a bit, and then nodded. "I'd like to see that someday."

"I'm sure you will someday," Arwen said. "I think all Wind dragons have to go there at least once. You can't be a real Wind dragon if you don't."

Gale chuckled. "Oh, is that so?"

"I think so." Arwen flashed him a joking smile. "You'll have to visit me when you come see the gardens."

As if for the first time, Arwen realized that she was going to be alone. It hadn't bothered her when she left home, but it bothered her now. She wasn't about to let a little tussle with a storm put her off her dreams. She had better things to do than stay on the ground.

"I promise," Gale said, jerking Arwen from her musing.

Perhaps it wasn't only the traveling alone that bothered her.

"Hey, you sure you're going to be okay?" Gale asked a minute later. "I don't, you know... have to go. I can stay with you until your wing's all healed up."

Arwen bristled at the implication that she was a delicate dragon in need of constant attention, even though she knew Gale only meant kindness. She shook her head, craning her neck to get a better look at her wing.

"It's healing well. I'll be fine on my own. Besides, it's a few days before we get there, at this pace."

"Hm. Yeah." Gale nodded. "Well, I have a few things to buy when we get to town, anyway. A few things to do. Kites don't make themselves, you know."

Arwen chuckled. "No, I don't suppose they do."

"Maybe they have gardens," Gale suggested.

? IV ?

It was a nice village. Gardens sprung up green, and Centaurs lived in peace with the dragons. All the bamboo shacks looked new, probably because they had to be rebuilt after every strong wind storm. Hazard of living in Wind territory.

Arwen supposed she cut a bit of a pathetic picture. She still limped from her crash, her wing feathers mussed, and the rest of her still dreadfully bruised.

Gale, though, look exhausted and starving. Was he used to grazing more often? Maybe he wasn't as prepared for life on his own as he'd indicated. After all... he had no idea how to be a merchant. He didn't know how to have it all, even if it was what he wanted.

"Is there an inn around?" Arwen asked the nearest Centaur.

The enormous creature didn't speak a word, barely looked at her. All the same, he raised his hand to point down the road to a stand of boulders. Rainbows of fabrics pegged to the rocks looked sturdier than the town's other structures. The tents looked cozy, like nice places to stay and rest so she could get on her way again.

Gale stopped in his tracks beside her, staring at the tents. "One good tornado will take that out as quick as the Lightweaver'll blind you."

Arwen nodded sagely. "True." She looked around at the flat landscape, and then asked, "But what else are they supposed to do?"

Gale shrugged. "Not live here?"

"Then where would we be?"

"The middle of nowhere." Gale grinned and turned back toward town. "You go ahead and get settled in the inn. I need to buy some bamboo shoots. Do you want anything to eat? I could--"

"I'm fine, thanks." Arwen watched Gale trot away toward town, and went back to the inn.

The Spiral inkeeper fussed enthusiastically over her injured arm and wing, offering all the local healing knowledge he had. He gave her a large tent and wink his pear-colored eye at her.

"Let me know if you need anything, anything at all, darling!" he piped before twisting off.

Arwen lounged in the shade of the tent, half inside, half outside, watching for Gale to come back. It was nice to be off the road. She knew that a bath was a long way off until the Windsinger decided to push some rain clouds their way. All the same, the meager comfort offered by the tent inn was more than enough for Arwen at the moment.

Gale returned, a bundle of bamboo rods tied up beside his fabric squares. "Looks nice!" he said, looking the tent up and down.

"It is."

They both nodded, looking at the tent for too long. Then they looked at each other.

"I guess this is it, then, huh, Sunspot?"

"I guess it is." Arwen laughed. "Thank you for rescuing me."

Gale gave a playful bow. "Anytime. I hope you have the biggest, fanciest flying garden in Sornieth."

"I hope you become a great merchant," Arwen said. "I hope you do it all."

Gale grinned. "I will. See you!"

Gale turned and trotted away, his wings flapping gently in preparation to take off. Arwen felt her heart sink at the thought of seeing him take off into the sky, shrink until he was only a speck in her memory.

Then he seemed stopped and turned around, tucking his wings against his back. "Hey, Arwen?"

"What if we traveled together?" Arwen suggested.

Gale grinned, as if she'd given a voice to the words in his heart. "What if we did?"

? epilogue ?

Arwen and Gale returned to the tree where they'd properly met and set up shop there. Eventually, they moved to a network of caves carved by underground rivers and the whirlwinds that made the world. Like Gale did for Arwen, the two take care of travelers caught off-guard by the powerful winds above them. Arwen's happy to know that she's not the only dragon to make the mistake of flying into the Crescendo unprepared. She's also happy to know that some mistakes are the best thing that could possibly happen.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
@Almedha [b]Username:[/b] Willowstar [b]I’d like a[/b] History [b]Word Count:[/b] 800-1k [b]Payment:[/b] a mix of treasure and gems [b]What:[/b] Aithlin here is one of my favourites. She's the apprentice of the head mage. She's a very quiet dragon who is very talented at magic, and is highly intelligent. She personally prefers to read books and practice her powers rather than socializing. Aithlin is a perfectionist who puts her heart and soul into everything she does. She has a very close bond with her mentor, and aspires to succeed her as the head mage when she retires. She has an intricate silver wand with an arcane crystal at the top, and she carries it with her everywhere. Aithlin seeks out knowledge and power whenever she can. She sometimes competes in the clan's arena, as she likes to see what she's capable of. She has the gift of being able to control three elements (ice, fire, arcane), but I don't have an idea for how she got it yet. Maybe you could explain how she got her gift, why she acts the way she does, and how she got her wand? No need to put familiar in. I'm leaving the rest up to you. :) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48010732] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/480108/48010732_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Also:[/b] Nothing else really. Your writing is awesome, and I hope you'll have fun writing my character!
@Almedha
Username: Willowstar
I’d like a History
Word Count: 800-1k
Payment: a mix of treasure and gems
What: Aithlin here is one of my favourites. She's the apprentice of the head mage.

She's a very quiet dragon who is very talented at magic, and is highly intelligent. She personally prefers to read books and practice her powers rather than socializing. Aithlin is a perfectionist who puts her heart and soul into everything she does. She has a very close bond with her mentor, and aspires to succeed her as the head mage when she retires. She has an intricate silver wand with an arcane crystal at the top, and she carries it with her everywhere. Aithlin seeks out knowledge and power whenever she can. She sometimes competes in the clan's arena, as she likes to see what she's capable of.

She has the gift of being able to control three elements (ice, fire, arcane), but I don't have an idea for how she got it yet. Maybe you could explain how she got her gift, why she acts the way she does, and how she got her wand? No need to put familiar in. I'm leaving the rest up to you. :)

48010732_350.png

Also: Nothing else really. Your writing is awesome, and I hope you'll have fun writing my character!
She/Her
Flight Rising Time +9h
@Almedha Oh my goodness?? I simply love it??? the way your writing captures both their personalities in the narrative and fills it with emotion is wonderful, and it's surely beyond my expectancies. thank you so much, dearly!
I'll be sure to come back to your shop for more lovely works! hope you dont mind writing for my other permas in a near future! (now give me a moment while i go scream into the entire windswept plateau ;u;)
As for payment, i have a wind egg (current lah 280g) i can send as partial, plus the remaining 20k if you'd like? of course if you prefer pure treasure that's fine too, let me know your choice and i'll send it asap! :D
@Almedha Oh my goodness?? I simply love it??? the way your writing captures both their personalities in the narrative and fills it with emotion is wonderful, and it's surely beyond my expectancies. thank you so much, dearly!
I'll be sure to come back to your shop for more lovely works! hope you dont mind writing for my other permas in a near future! (now give me a moment while i go scream into the entire windswept plateau ;u;)
As for payment, i have a wind egg (current lah 280g) i can send as partial, plus the remaining 20k if you'd like? of course if you prefer pure treasure that's fine too, let me know your choice and i'll send it asap! :D
59452140_om9.gif
Misty | She/her | FR +5 | Artist
aaTKvHc.png
I can get distracted and forget stuff easily, please pm or ping if I missed something!
About | Avatar | Art socials
qvvKrNY.png
@MistyGold
I'm so glad you like it! :D I was a little worried it was too cute, but I just couldn't resist. They are too cute. I look forward to writing for your other dragons in the future.

As for the Wind egg + 20 k, that will be perfect!
@MistyGold
I'm so glad you like it! :D I was a little worried it was too cute, but I just couldn't resist. They are too cute. I look forward to writing for your other dragons in the future.

As for the Wind egg + 20 k, that will be perfect!
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
@Willowstar
Ah, she's beautiful, and I love apprentice mages. It's one of my favorite (if not my favorite) fantasy tropes. Also, thank you. :) I love it when people enjoy my writing.

The price for 800 words will be this:
20kt + (8)10kt + 10kt = 110 kt

The price for 1000 words will be like this:
20kt + (10)10kt + (2)10kt = 140 kt

The half now/half later will be 55--because it makes more sense to go on the lower end to me. You're in the third slot, though, so it may take a while!
@Willowstar
Ah, she's beautiful, and I love apprentice mages. It's one of my favorite (if not my favorite) fantasy tropes. Also, thank you. :) I love it when people enjoy my writing.

The price for 800 words will be this:
20kt + (8)10kt + 10kt = 110 kt

The price for 1000 words will be like this:
20kt + (10)10kt + (2)10kt = 140 kt

The half now/half later will be 55--because it makes more sense to go on the lower end to me. You're in the third slot, though, so it may take a while!
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
@Kookaburra Here's Variation's bio! Take a look and let me know if I should change anything. Funnily enough, it ended up coming in at exactly 1000 words. I'll be sending you the code over PM shortly. [quote=Variation][br] [indent][indent][columns]?????[font=consolas][color=#46483A][b]Variation[/b] [size=2]the Newsmonger[/size][/color][/font] [size=2][font=calibri][color=#6a6d57]?? ????[i]sell me your secrets[/i][/color][/font][/size] [size=2][font=calibri][color=#6a6d57][i][url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHm9MG9xw1o]Theme: Secrets[/url][/i][/color][/font][/size][nextcol] ?? ? ??????[img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/17888/1788706.png[/img][size=4][nextcol] [/columns][/indent][/indent] [center][color=#b7c1ae]?? [size=2][color=#6a6d57][font=consolas]story[/font][/color][/size] ?????????????????????????????????[/color][/center] [indent][indent][columns][size=2][font=calibri][color=#60634c]The Ridgeback thumbed through a copy of the latest edition of Variation’s periodical, his nose a little too close to the paper for her liking. [i]He rips, he buys[/i], she thought to herself. It was looking likely, all those spikes with the edge of a knife all over his body. His demeanor didn’t promise any better behavior. He finally slapped the bulletin closed, all ten pages thoroughly... skimmed. “Nothing about the Emperor terrorizing clans in Light territory.” He shook his head in condescending disappointment. “Three columns dedicated to some Serthis massacre in Earth? There’s real news out there, and more relevant.” “I’m sorry it doesn’t reach your standards.” Variation sighed, trying to hold back her own tone of condescension. “It’s a local periodical, weekly, and plenty of our clan members have family in Earth. The attack there was devastating. Meanwhile, the Emperor seems to have been quiet lately.” She cleared her throat before the Ridgeback could speak again. “Now. Did you have anything newsworthy for me, or did you just want to complain?” She gestured toward a little-used comment box on the corner of the counter. The Ridgeback straightened, depositing the copy of the Echo next to the comment box. “I thought it would be useful for you to know that a band of Longneck are harassing travelers on the road here.” Variation arched an eyebrow. “Really? That’s unusual.” She pulled out her parchment and pen. “Tell me more.” The Ridgeback settled down to tell his story, and Variation started scribbling. He was on the road, and surrounded by a dozen or so Longneck. Variation guessed there were probably more, since Longneck did travel in large herds. All the same, his story was somewhat unbelievable, though that was probably just because Variation had only ever had friendly interactions with the nearby Longneck. Of course, she was usually paying them for information. Creatures, whether dragons or beasts, tended to be friendly with those offering money. Toward the end of his story, though, Variation noticed what was going on. “You said they were carrying things?” “Yes, lots of things. They’re nomads, aren’t they?” “Not all of them,” Variation said, but that was beside the point. “Were they trying to sell you things?” The Ridgeback frowned, and for the first time in their interaction, Variation thought he was sincere. “”I don’t know. Maybe.” “I’ll investigate,” Variation sighed, “but I bet that’s what they were doing.” Not a lot newsworthy going on if the only thing she could think to fill up space was the headline, [i]Longnecks Sell Wares to Travelers on Road[/i]. All the same, she pushed a few golden coins with a profile of the Lightweaver on one side toward the Ridgeback. “Thanks.” The Ridgeback moved off, apparently satisfied that his “real news” had been attended to as though it were, actually, real. Variation ground her teeth, muttering, “How about let’s leave the ‘real news’ to us real newsdragons, eh?” Variation turned her eyes to the next dragon in line at the booth, a Pearlcatcher with wide blue eyes. “What do you have for me?” she asked, not expecting much, what with today’s… quality of tipsters. The Pearlcatcher approached. Leaned in close. “I saw the Tidelord.” Variation rolled her eyes. “Yeah. You and everybody else.” [nextcol][item=amphibious wing] [item=armored scales] [item=flatlands tiara] [item=turkeywing seashell] ----- [item=emerald brooch] [item=driftwood log] [item=hardened clodcakes] [item=forgotten poet's tools] [nextcol]???????????[/columns][/indent][/indent] [center][color=#b7c1ae]?? [size=2][color=#6a6d57][font=consolas]history[/font][/color][/size] ???????????????????????????????[/color][/center] [indent][indent][columns][item=hydrena watertoy] [item=seaside trumpet] ----- [item=empty inkwell] ----- [item=verdant shell] [item=giant feather] [nextcol][size=2][font=calibri][color=#60634c]Variation has always had a love for current events, which may seem to be a contradiction to some, considering she’s an Ice dragon. Nevertheless, she insists it makes perfect sense. After all, what happens today will soon be the past, and preservation begins the moment a thing is created. No one would remember the gods if nobody cared they existed in the first place. Preservation of memory starts with awareness of existence. And, of course, writing a newspaper (called, for her clan, the Echo) is a necessary step in both awareness and preservation. Despite her keen enjoyment of abstracts like her Ice heritage, Variation also loves the truth and the Light. It’s probably what drew her to Past Echoes in the first place. She enjoys learning and explaining, even if she’s not too interested in teaching. She likes to see others think for themselves, and so does her best in her journalism to keep herself out of it. As is her birthright, she understands that different dragons will have different opinions, and not all of those opinions are as easily classified as right or wrong as they may like. Variation, if you will. Of course, monstrous calamities on the horizon?like Emperors?do have a way of drawing dragons and beasts together. Variation spends her typical day at her booth in Past Echoes’ bazaar, more often buying than selling. After all, she’s only one Imperial, and can’t always travel the world in search of interesting and important stories to tell. She purchases tips off traveling dragons to investigate herself and, maybe, write about. She serves her clan by keeping them up-to-date on the outside world, a necessity now with strange occurrences all over the world as they know it. Her life has been increasingly interesting with monster hunters and other fortune-seekers on their way to investigate the Emperor elsewhere in Light Territory. Though she likes hearing about the interesting things going on elsewhere in the world, she doesn’t much like to see them herself. She likes the calm and pleasant atmosphere at Past Echoes, and her friends enjoy her bright, to-business personality. She’s very well learned, as any dragon in a Light clan ought to be, and can hold her own in philosophical debates. All the same, Variation does dream of wider distribution for her little clan newspaper. She doesn’t appreciate outsiders poking holes in her dreams, stating the obvious that she mostly covers local interest stories. She enjoys covering the Flights’ constant battles for dominance over each other, and would love to be the first dragon to break the story of the Tidelord’s whereabouts. Most of all, Variation would like to be remembered. Perhaps not for anything spectacular herself, but for reminding dragons of the wider world outside. [nextcol]???????????[/columns][/indent][/indent] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=101073][size=1][font=consolas]code by epher #101073 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=96931][size=1]lore by almedha #96931[/url][/font][/size][/url] [size=1][br][/size] [/quote]
@Kookaburra
Here's Variation's bio! Take a look and let me know if I should change anything. Funnily enough, it ended up coming in at exactly 1000 words. I'll be sending you the code over PM shortly.
Variation wrote:

?????Variation the Newsmonger
?? ????sell me your secrets

Theme: Secrets
?? ? ??????1788706.png
?? story ?????????????????????????????????
The Ridgeback thumbed through a copy of the latest edition of Variation’s periodical, his nose a little too close to the paper for her liking. He rips, he buys, she thought to herself. It was looking likely, all those spikes with the edge of a knife all over his body. His demeanor didn’t promise any better behavior.

He finally slapped the bulletin closed, all ten pages thoroughly... skimmed. “Nothing about the Emperor terrorizing clans in Light territory.” He shook his head in condescending disappointment. “Three columns dedicated to some Serthis massacre in Earth? There’s real news out there, and more relevant.”

“I’m sorry it doesn’t reach your standards.” Variation sighed, trying to hold back her own tone of condescension. “It’s a local periodical, weekly, and plenty of our clan members have family in Earth. The attack there was devastating. Meanwhile, the Emperor seems to have been quiet lately.”

She cleared her throat before the Ridgeback could speak again. “Now. Did you have anything newsworthy for me, or did you just want to complain?” She gestured toward a little-used comment box on the corner of the counter.

The Ridgeback straightened, depositing the copy of the Echo next to the comment box. “I thought it would be useful for you to know that a band of Longneck are harassing travelers on the road here.”

Variation arched an eyebrow. “Really? That’s unusual.” She pulled out her parchment and pen. “Tell me more.”

The Ridgeback settled down to tell his story, and Variation started scribbling. He was on the road, and surrounded by a dozen or so Longneck. Variation guessed there were probably more, since Longneck did travel in large herds. All the same, his story was somewhat unbelievable, though that was probably just because Variation had only ever had friendly interactions with the nearby Longneck. Of course, she was usually paying them for information. Creatures, whether dragons or beasts, tended to be friendly with those offering money.

Toward the end of his story, though, Variation noticed what was going on. “You said they were carrying things?”

“Yes, lots of things. They’re nomads, aren’t they?”

“Not all of them,” Variation said, but that was beside the point. “Were they trying to sell you things?”

The Ridgeback frowned, and for the first time in their interaction, Variation thought he was sincere. “”I don’t know. Maybe.”

“I’ll investigate,” Variation sighed, “but I bet that’s what they were doing.” Not a lot newsworthy going on if the only thing she could think to fill up space was the headline, Longnecks Sell Wares to Travelers on Road. All the same, she pushed a few golden coins with a profile of the Lightweaver on one side toward the Ridgeback. “Thanks.”

The Ridgeback moved off, apparently satisfied that his “real news” had been attended to as though it were, actually, real.

Variation ground her teeth, muttering, “How about let’s leave the ‘real news’ to us real newsdragons, eh?”

Variation turned her eyes to the next dragon in line at the booth, a Pearlcatcher with wide blue eyes. “What do you have for me?” she asked, not expecting much, what with today’s… quality of tipsters.

The Pearlcatcher approached. Leaned in close. “I saw the Tidelord.”

Variation rolled her eyes. “Yeah. You and everybody else.”
Amphibious Wing
Armored Scales
Flatlands Tiara
Turkeywing Seashell
Emerald Brooch
Driftwood Log
Hardened Clodcakes
Forgotten Poet's Tools
???????????
?? history ???????????????????????????????
Hydrena Watertoy
Seaside Trumpet
Empty Inkwell
Verdant Shell
Giant Feather
Variation has always had a love for current events, which may seem to be a contradiction to some, considering she’s an Ice dragon. Nevertheless, she insists it makes perfect sense. After all, what happens today will soon be the past, and preservation begins the moment a thing is created. No one would remember the gods if nobody cared they existed in the first place. Preservation of memory starts with awareness of existence. And, of course, writing a newspaper (called, for her clan, the Echo) is a necessary step in both awareness and preservation.

Despite her keen enjoyment of abstracts like her Ice heritage, Variation also loves the truth and the Light. It’s probably what drew her to Past Echoes in the first place. She enjoys learning and explaining, even if she’s not too interested in teaching. She likes to see others think for themselves, and so does her best in her journalism to keep herself out of it. As is her birthright, she understands that different dragons will have different opinions, and not all of those opinions are as easily classified as right or wrong as they may like. Variation, if you will.

Of course, monstrous calamities on the horizon?like Emperors?do have a way of drawing dragons and beasts together.

Variation spends her typical day at her booth in Past Echoes’ bazaar, more often buying than selling. After all, she’s only one Imperial, and can’t always travel the world in search of interesting and important stories to tell. She purchases tips off traveling dragons to investigate herself and, maybe, write about. She serves her clan by keeping them up-to-date on the outside world, a necessity now with strange occurrences all over the world as they know it. Her life has been increasingly interesting with monster hunters and other fortune-seekers on their way to investigate the Emperor elsewhere in Light Territory.

Though she likes hearing about the interesting things going on elsewhere in the world, she doesn’t much like to see them herself. She likes the calm and pleasant atmosphere at Past Echoes, and her friends enjoy her bright, to-business personality. She’s very well learned, as any dragon in a Light clan ought to be, and can hold her own in philosophical debates.

All the same, Variation does dream of wider distribution for her little clan newspaper. She doesn’t appreciate outsiders poking holes in her dreams, stating the obvious that she mostly covers local interest stories. She enjoys covering the Flights’ constant battles for dominance over each other, and would love to be the first dragon to break the story of the Tidelord’s whereabouts. Most of all, Variation would like to be remembered. Perhaps not for anything spectacular herself, but for reminding dragons of the wider world outside.
???????????
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
@almedha could I claim a slot and fill out the form later today? thank you!
@almedha could I claim a slot and fill out the form later today? thank you!
torture_isaac.png
@torture
You've got a slot!
@torture
You've got a slot!
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[b]Username:[/b] Kookaburra [b]I’d like a[/b] Full Bio [b]Word Count:[/b] 1k words x 2 [b]Payment:[/b] Gems [b]What:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2964613] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/29647/2964613_350.png[/img] [/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2964614] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/29647/2964614_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Also:[/b] my progens! i've been looking to have their story written for a while. they were exalted in may 2014 and brought back october 2017. they're a matched set, and i'd like their stories to reflect that. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=47688&tab=dragon&did=282709]clan lore which includes their backstory[/url]. no familiars :)
Username: Kookaburra
I’d like a Full Bio
Word Count: 1k words x 2
Payment: Gems
What:
2964613_350.png

2964614_350.png

Also: my progens! i've been looking to have their story written for a while. they were exalted in may 2014 and brought back october 2017. they're a matched set, and i'd like their stories to reflect that. clan lore which includes their backstory. no familiars :)
HO7jGPA.png Kookaburra
on Pixpets

4832_1e9d4aab6ad6e40e_I.gif11047_f99b7458f856f2a5_I.gif3926_9be993f525c9c6e9_I.gif17800_2c92a7469c1b3278_I.gif3175_d07d5c3f5cbab53c_I.gif5875_5d1f8496eb6f2897_I.gif8457_4ac4f4ab6c0f9d95_I.gif9030_380187e4ad587cc8_I.gif8066_f262055000960407_I.gif9152_6633c512e23795d8_I.gif
@almedha
Username: torture
I’d like a Full Bio
Word Count: 1200, or whatever amount you need ^^
What: I want a piece done of William! in my lore, all of my dragons used to be gods of an ancient realm, but the more bad stuff they do, the greyer their wings are. when a gods wings are a certain shade of grey, they are considered so bad that they must come down to earth to be tested, and the thing they are gods of is diminished. William is the god of redemption, meaning that now dead dragons cannot be redeemed to the heavenly kingdom. Will was sent down to earth because of his forbidden love with Heather (the goddess of mercy) . because of their love, the earth has become bitter and terrorism has scourged the earth. it is up to heather, Will, Mariah, and Nirvana (all fallen gods) to fix it in order to be redeemed. will works as a chemist on the earth, and he is also an assassin along with heather (a good one, they kill terrorists). he is awkward and shy and cares about heather more than anything, he is willing to give up his whole soul for her. Please write about a scene with him and her together, maybe talking about what has happened and about how they love eachother more than anything. He even has a son with her, named Ruben. . Ruben is the reincarnation (not god because he is god born) of Hope. will and heather love him very much.
Also: please do a character relationship thing with both heather and ruben. If you need more info, don’t worry about pinging me! I’ll happily explain more! no need to do a familiar thing though :)
@almedha
Username: torture
I’d like a Full Bio
Word Count: 1200, or whatever amount you need ^^
What: I want a piece done of William! in my lore, all of my dragons used to be gods of an ancient realm, but the more bad stuff they do, the greyer their wings are. when a gods wings are a certain shade of grey, they are considered so bad that they must come down to earth to be tested, and the thing they are gods of is diminished. William is the god of redemption, meaning that now dead dragons cannot be redeemed to the heavenly kingdom. Will was sent down to earth because of his forbidden love with Heather (the goddess of mercy) . because of their love, the earth has become bitter and terrorism has scourged the earth. it is up to heather, Will, Mariah, and Nirvana (all fallen gods) to fix it in order to be redeemed. will works as a chemist on the earth, and he is also an assassin along with heather (a good one, they kill terrorists). he is awkward and shy and cares about heather more than anything, he is willing to give up his whole soul for her. Please write about a scene with him and her together, maybe talking about what has happened and about how they love eachother more than anything. He even has a son with her, named Ruben. . Ruben is the reincarnation (not god because he is god born) of Hope. will and heather love him very much.
Also: please do a character relationship thing with both heather and ruben. If you need more info, don’t worry about pinging me! I’ll happily explain more! no need to do a familiar thing though :)
torture_isaac.png
1 2 3 4 5