Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | + Cheap lore & poems + [CLOSED]
1 2 3 4
[center][b]UPDATE[/b][/center] Closing. I'm getting busy. If you really want some lore, ask to be pinged when I reopen (sometime in the future). ----- [center][img]https://i.postimg.cc/sDWP8q45/FR-coli-backdrop-lilyfowl-doneee.png[/img][/center] While I do intend on making a new lore shop (I didn't put enough thought into my old one, it died out and was badly formatted), I need some quick money. Like, [i]right now[/i]. I also need good examples, and not the crappy pieces of writing I did in my old shop. So for a cheap price, I will write quick lore/poems for your dragons. Just show your dragon to me, and specify approximately how long, and what type of lore. Also, please tell me if you have a bio template or length in mind, otherwise I might write too much and mess up the template, or too little. I offer three types of lore. [center][img]https://i.postimg.cc/CxdJh6hr/Fr-coli-backdrop-sd-night-DONE-GEEZZZZ.gif[/img][/center] [list=1] [*]Scene - This is like a scene of one particular moment in the dragon's life/lore, includes feelings, thoughts, etc. Note that this will not completely tell the story [*]Lore - Backstory, tells the dragon's story but doesn't usually include thoughts and feelings, less detailed [*]Mix of both - Basically the backstory, but in important parts I include a scene or two (my personal favorite!)[/list] [quote name="Pending orders (note that if this list is long, it'll take a while to get to some)"] [list=1] [*]Raan[/list][/quote] Examples are in the next post. I don't want to clutter this post. Anyway, for any lore, that will be 15kt/g. ----- [img]https://i.postimg.cc/256G59CX/fr-coli-backdrop-bf-day-testrun-complete.gif[/img] Meanwhile, poems! I can offer you poems, but they'll all be either free verse or haikus. Free verse will cost you 10kt/10g, while haikus will cost 5kt/5g. Rhyming is for free verse only, and costs an additional 2kt/2g. Again, examples are in the next post. ----- Order forms: Lore [code] [b]Dragon BBCode:[/b] [b]Lore type:[/b] Scene/Backstory/Mix of both [b]Personality, lore basics, that kind of stuff:[/b] [b]Anything else?[/b][/code] Poems [code] [b]Dragon BBCode:[/b] [b]Poem type:[/b] Haiku, free verse, up to you [b]Rhyme?[/b] Y/N (for free verse only) [b]Anything else?[/b][/code] ----- [quote name="Pending orders (note that if this list is long, it'll take a while to get to some)"] [list=1] All caught up![/list][/quote] I think that's all, feel free to check out the examples in the next post below!~
UPDATE
Closing. I'm getting busy. If you really want some lore, ask to be pinged when I reopen (sometime in the future).

FR-coli-backdrop-lilyfowl-doneee.png

While I do intend on making a new lore shop (I didn't put enough thought into my old one, it died out and was badly formatted), I need some quick money.

Like, right now.

I also need good examples, and not the crappy pieces of writing I did in my old shop.

So for a cheap price, I will write quick lore/poems for your dragons. Just show your dragon to me, and specify approximately how long, and what type of lore. Also, please tell me if you have a bio template or length in mind, otherwise I might write too much and mess up the template, or too little.

I offer three types of lore.
Fr-coli-backdrop-sd-night-DONE-GEEZZZZ.gif
  1. Scene - This is like a scene of one particular moment in the dragon's life/lore, includes feelings, thoughts, etc. Note that this will not completely tell the story
  2. Lore - Backstory, tells the dragon's story but doesn't usually include thoughts and feelings, less detailed
  3. Mix of both - Basically the backstory, but in important parts I include a scene or two (my personal favorite!)
Pending orders (note that if this list is long, it'll take a while to get to some) wrote:
  1. Raan

Examples are in the next post. I don't want to clutter this post.

Anyway, for any lore, that will be 15kt/g.

fr-coli-backdrop-bf-day-testrun-complete.gif

Meanwhile, poems! I can offer you poems, but they'll all be either free verse or haikus. Free verse will cost you 10kt/10g, while haikus will cost 5kt/5g. Rhyming is for free verse only, and costs an additional 2kt/2g.

Again, examples are in the next post.

Order forms:

Lore
Code:
[b]Dragon BBCode:[/b] [b]Lore type:[/b] Scene/Backstory/Mix of both [b]Personality, lore basics, that kind of stuff:[/b] [b]Anything else?[/b]

Poems
Code:
[b]Dragon BBCode:[/b] [b]Poem type:[/b] Haiku, free verse, up to you [b]Rhyme?[/b] Y/N (for free verse only) [b]Anything else?[/b]

Pending orders (note that if this list is long, it'll take a while to get to some) wrote:
    All caught up!

I think that's all, feel free to check out the examples in the next post below!~
Examples here. ----- [b]LORE[/b] [quote name="Scene - Kalabasa (sarimvnok)"] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45903597] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/459036/45903597.png[/img] [/url][/center] It's not because she likes deceiving others. Lying itself isn't what makes Kalabasa satisfied - she only wants peace. Most of the time, it works well. Dragons will come and go; the ones that hear her dishonest words usually believe them, and it's all for the better, Kalabasa knows. And then there's Tala. Mother. She knows she'll never be able to pull off a lie in front of her mother. Every uneasy twitch is a dead giveaway - even Kalabasa knows it herself. Her deceitful words falter slightly under her mother's gaze, because Tala will always know. And even as she stands there, stammering nervously, spouting a lie spun of spiderwebs of words, Kalabasa cannot think of anything to say, because her mother is staring at her like she's grown an extra tail - because she [i]knows[/i] exactly what her true intentions are. Deceiving. Dishonesty. And once again she falls silent, unable to say any more, because Tala is watching, knowing, seeing through every lie she's been able to create. Seeing through that wall Kalabasa's put up, unlike all else. And then she hangs her head low, because Mother is staring down at her, her face carved of stone. Expressionless, motionless, only waiting. Waiting for Kalabasa to come clean. To reveal what's underneath what she really wants to say. It's not hard to do the lying itself - Kalabasa knows every secret of deception. Only the times when dragons see through her - mainly Tala - are difficult to cover up, as it's Mother who will always know. Who will always be able to tell her, without saying, that Kalabasa can't ever fool her mother. "Kalabasa," Tala says. "Look at me." She raises her head slowly, knowing what is next. Tala will tell her she knows the difference between honesty and dishonesty, and that she can't be fooled. But what she does say, although with the same concept, surprises her slightly, and calms her a little bit. "I know when you're lying and when you're not," she says gently. "Don't let me make a liar out of you. I don't want to see you as a deceiver. You aren't a liar." Kalabasa opens her mouth to speak, but before she can, Tala stops her. "Let's not do that again." It was kind, but stern. She nodded slowly, feeling the embarrassment, ashamed of what she'd done. Sometimes lying wouldn't work, no matter how necessary. Or - it [i]seemed[/i] necessary to Kalabasa. Mother, obviously, didn't like it. As she turns to exit the room, head still hung low, ready to go to her own space and work on a document, Tala calls, "Oh, and I think Haliya wants you." She turns to her mother and nods, smiling slightly. Tala returns the smile as Kalabasa hurries towards where she thinks her younger sister is.[/quote] [quote name="Lore - Zephyr (FoxyCipher)"] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29292867] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/292929/29292867.png[/img] [/url][/center] Zephyr had always been a courier. He loved sending messages on the wind and traveling to new places, far away from his home. At the end of each day, returning, he settled down to do his other clan duties. The Clan of the Tradewinds had been a home for him since the day he arrived. He had a friend who was an adventurer that had settled there - Zelos. His clanmates are both friends and family to him. But Zephyr was never - and never would be - truly at peace with one warning that he was given... Long ago, when he was very young, Zephyr was told that he would meet someone that he could not trust, and that someone would tear apart everything he had helped his beloved clanmates build from the inside. For many months, Zephyr stayed wary of them. He avoided the most mysterious dragons, and stayed by himself most of the time. Eventually, he realized which dragons could be trusted, and which ones needed watching. As time went on, Zephyr grew to like his clanmates more and more, despite the warning. Newer additions to the Clan of the Tradewinds appeared, many travelers seeking new homes. Each and every one of them was watched warily under Zephyr's watchful gaze, until he knew they were trustworthy. They all seemed to be good dragons, and Zephyr began to wonder if evaluating his clanmates was really necessary, especially after meeting dragons like Zelos, who proved to be trusted immediately. Despite this, he always keeps a lookout with his sharp green eyes, knowing the time could come soon.[/quote] [quote name="Both - Athena (Heathers)"] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21555880] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/215559/21555880.png[/img] [/url][/center] When others say 'Athena', they mean 'powerful'. She is powerful: formidable in every way. Her wise words are never wrong--according to her, that is. And yet, she [i]is[/i] knowledgeable, a strong fighter and a thoughtful dragon. In her prideful eyes, Athena is wise and an intelligent strategist. Her elegant and talented ways are a blessing to her and the ones around her. [center]---[/center] It was a dark night, darker than the deepest of abysses. It was a night with no stars, only a sliver of the shining silver moon, threatening to disappear behind a blanket of darkness. The wind was howling, roaring at the now lifeless trees, demanding them to bow before it. Their fragile, dead forms bent as the gale passed, pushing through them. Snow rained on the ground, blanketing the earth in a dark, still cover. A figure crawled out of a hole in the dirt, shivering. The dragon's wings appeared frozen, frost creeping up her wingtips. She was thin and weak, covered in snow. A tiny bundle was laid in her arms, and she was holding it protectively--an egg. "I--I'm sorry," she stammered through the freezing air, gasping for breath. Her voice was raspy and hoarse, barely distinguishable under the wind's screaming. Huddling her wings to her body, she pulled herself together and staggered toward a tree. Below it was a burrow, hastily dug days earlier. The dragon let her tears fall, a mix of her fear and sorrow. She poured out her heart, raining her grief on her egg. She was terrified of what would happen to her egg if she wasn't there to protect it--but there was no alternative. [i]Stay strong[/i], she told herself. [i]This is the only way.[/i] The dragon laid her egg in the burrow. She whimpered, and stumbled, swaying a little. Suddenly her legs wouldn't support her anymore. Her knees buckled, and she fell to the ground, still crying. Pain wracked her body, but she had given up. [i]There is no more hope for me. Stay safe, my child...[/i] [center]---[/center] She taught herself how to fight, she studied, she raised herself. Trained herself into something formidable. Athena pushed herself pass the dark, impenetrable border, laced with thorns that threatened to tug her back. [i]Discipline[/i], she told herself every day, pushing away the voices that called to her, whirling around her mind in a flurry of thoughts, whispering... [i]you have nothing... fighting for a lost cause... let go... join us...[/i] Day after day Athena paced the terrain she had traveled to and called her home, pushing the voices away. Wandering through the ruins of crumbling pillars and ancient architecture, snout buried in scrolls, by the light of the bright, illuminating sun. She traveled across the realm, teaching herself with no one to help her. [center]---[/center] It was a fine summer day, bright light shining on the land, the sky was dotted with lazy white clouds, floating through the sea of blue. Athena was standing under a tall pillar that seemed to be broken in half, the other piece long gone, when she heard the sound of wings. Looking up, she saw two approaching dragons. "We heard you have an expertise in war strategy," the male said. He was large and graceful, and electricity crackled along his body. "There is a bit of... er, [i]trouble[/i] in our clan, and we are in a bad situation--" "What he means," the other one, a female, interrupted. "Is that we need help. We've heard of you, and it seems that you have what we need." "You need help?" Athena said, sliding the scroll into a scroll case. "What for?" "Two clan members, who are trouble. They have a sort of clan inside the clan, a group of rogues that--" "You need me to help me fight them," Athena realized, looking at the two grim faces. "Is that so?" "Yes." A smile crept onto Athena's face. "Take me to them." [center]---[/center] Athena spent many weeks and months fighting the rogues, Autumn and Terra. Two dragons who had started the clan and began creating a rebel group. She helped the clan plan their strategies and overtake the dragons. Many of the rogues were sent to serve the Lightweaver, away from the clan. And later, all dragons had to admit that Athena, a clever war strategist, was critical to the clan's survival. After Autumn and Terra had surrendered, their rogue group defeated, Zeus and Hera, the ones who had asked her to help, approached Athena with an invitation, a proposal that she would not decline, no matter the consequences. --- And so Athena was welcomed into the clan, with a lasting home that she was sure it would never cease to bring peace to her. [i]It's home.[/i][/quote] ----- [b]POEMS[/b] Note: I made these all up for no particular dragon. I was just bored. [quote name="Ezra (nabal)"] It's a fire raging inside your soul It's the lightning that crackles and the thunder that rolls It's the knowledge of your failure, the guilt in your heart When you've thrown all the gates of hell apart Betrayal Despair Desire [b]Hellfire[/b] You've withered from the inside Your grief too deep to bear You've got a pain, far below Your misery in the air And it's in your head, singing [b]Hellfire[/b] Gloating, ever ringing [b]Hellfire[/b] That one oath you swore, you promised to agree You've yet to keep, but still ignore Inside, you know there's a punishment for you Well, welcome to hell, listen to the roar And it's in your head, singing [b]Hellfire[/b] Gloating, ever ringing [b]Hellfire[/b] [/quote] [quote name="Free verse (more like a song than a poem whoops)"] Mirror, mirror, on the wall Say it before the kingdoms fall Tell me, Does that box Hold trickery? Before the dust rains down Before the king loses his crown Before the one catastrophe The one to destroy us all Tell me, Does that box hold trickery? Open the box, if you dare You can't say that it's not fair It was your choice It was your decision So open up that little box Flip open all the metal locks Just a being, one in millions Nothing I can do to stop it Trusted with a ancient relic I might drop it Can't change the future Can't stop that box of trickery Can't guarantee any victory Can only make more misery The box's been opened Nothing anybody can do about it Only can we say our prayers And try to never submit Outsmarted, beaten Defeated without a reason Now we have been weakened Can't anymore avoid Being destroyed Just a being, one in millions Nothing I can do to stop it Trusted with an ancient relic I might drop it Can't change the future Can't stop that box of trickery Can't guarantee any victory Can only make more misery[/quote] [quote name="Another free verse"] You made your bed, you must lie in it Don't fall back into that endless pit There is no going back now, make no more offenses Now go and bear the consequences A poem without rhyme is incomplete A promise broken is a vow you cannot keep But you made your bed, you lie in it Now go and bear the consequences Embrace the fate laid out for you Whether or not untold Walk the path, straight and true And your future will slowly unfold[/quote] [quote name="A haiku"] Wet raindrops falling Dropping to the ground below Slipping off the leaves[/quote] [quote name="Another haiku (ouch my haikus are bad)"] Gentle, calm breezes Carrying my kite with them Drifting through the clouds[/quote]
Examples here.

LORE
Scene - Kalabasa (sarimvnok) wrote:
It's not because she likes deceiving others. Lying itself isn't what makes Kalabasa satisfied - she only wants peace. Most of the time, it works well. Dragons will come and go; the ones that hear her dishonest words usually believe them, and it's all for the better, Kalabasa knows.

And then there's Tala. Mother.

She knows she'll never be able to pull off a lie in front of her mother. Every uneasy twitch is a dead giveaway - even Kalabasa knows it herself. Her deceitful words falter slightly under her mother's gaze, because Tala will always know.

And even as she stands there, stammering nervously, spouting a lie spun of spiderwebs of words, Kalabasa cannot think of anything to say, because her mother is staring at her like she's grown an extra tail - because she knows exactly what her true intentions are.

Deceiving. Dishonesty.

And once again she falls silent, unable to say any more, because Tala is watching, knowing, seeing through every lie she's been able to create. Seeing through that wall Kalabasa's put up, unlike all else.

And then she hangs her head low, because Mother is staring down at her, her face carved of stone. Expressionless, motionless, only waiting. Waiting for Kalabasa to come clean. To reveal what's underneath what she really wants to say.

It's not hard to do the lying itself - Kalabasa knows every secret of deception. Only the times when dragons see through her - mainly Tala - are difficult to cover up, as it's Mother who will always know. Who will always be able to tell her, without saying, that Kalabasa can't ever fool her mother.

"Kalabasa," Tala says. "Look at me."

She raises her head slowly, knowing what is next. Tala will tell her she knows the difference between honesty and dishonesty, and that she can't be fooled.

But what she does say, although with the same concept, surprises her slightly, and calms her a little bit.

"I know when you're lying and when you're not," she says gently. "Don't let me make a liar out of you. I don't want to see you as a deceiver. You aren't a liar." Kalabasa opens her mouth to speak, but before she can, Tala stops her. "Let's not do that again."

It was kind, but stern. She nodded slowly, feeling the embarrassment, ashamed of what she'd done. Sometimes lying wouldn't work, no matter how necessary. Or - it seemed necessary to Kalabasa. Mother, obviously, didn't like it.

As she turns to exit the room, head still hung low, ready to go to her own space and work on a document, Tala calls, "Oh, and I think Haliya wants you."

She turns to her mother and nods, smiling slightly. Tala returns the smile as Kalabasa hurries towards where she thinks her younger sister is.
Lore - Zephyr (FoxyCipher) wrote:
Zephyr had always been a courier. He loved sending messages on the wind and traveling to new places, far away from his home. At the end of each day, returning, he settled down to do his other clan duties. The Clan of the Tradewinds had been a home for him since the day he arrived. He had a friend who was an adventurer that had settled there - Zelos. His clanmates are both friends and family to him.

But Zephyr was never - and never would be - truly at peace with one warning that he was given...

Long ago, when he was very young, Zephyr was told that he would meet someone that he could not trust, and that someone would tear apart everything he had helped his beloved clanmates build from the inside. For many months, Zephyr stayed wary of them. He avoided the most mysterious dragons, and stayed by himself most of the time.

Eventually, he realized which dragons could be trusted, and which ones needed watching. As time went on, Zephyr grew to like his clanmates more and more, despite the warning. Newer additions to the Clan of the Tradewinds appeared, many travelers seeking new homes. Each and every one of them was watched warily under Zephyr's watchful gaze, until he knew they were trustworthy. They all seemed to be good dragons, and Zephyr began to wonder if evaluating his clanmates was really necessary, especially after meeting dragons like Zelos, who proved to be trusted immediately.

Despite this, he always keeps a lookout with his sharp green eyes, knowing the time could come soon.
Both - Athena (Heathers) wrote:
When others say 'Athena', they mean 'powerful'. She is powerful: formidable in every way. Her wise words are never wrong--according to her, that is. And yet, she is knowledgeable, a strong fighter and a thoughtful dragon. In her prideful eyes, Athena is wise and an intelligent strategist. Her elegant and talented ways are a blessing to her and the ones around her.
---

It was a dark night, darker than the deepest of abysses. It was a night with no stars, only a sliver of the shining silver moon, threatening to disappear behind a blanket of darkness. The wind was howling, roaring at the now lifeless trees, demanding them to bow before it. Their fragile, dead forms bent as the gale passed, pushing through them. Snow rained on the ground, blanketing the earth in a dark, still cover.

A figure crawled out of a hole in the dirt, shivering. The dragon's wings appeared frozen, frost creeping up her wingtips. She was thin and weak, covered in snow. A tiny bundle was laid in her arms, and she was holding it protectively--an egg.

"I--I'm sorry," she stammered through the freezing air, gasping for breath. Her voice was raspy and hoarse, barely distinguishable under the wind's screaming. Huddling her wings to her body, she pulled herself together and staggered toward a tree. Below it was a burrow, hastily dug days earlier. The dragon let her tears fall, a mix of her fear and sorrow. She poured out her heart, raining her grief on her egg. She was terrified of what would happen to her egg if she wasn't there to protect it--but there was no alternative.

Stay strong, she told herself. This is the only way.

The dragon laid her egg in the burrow. She whimpered, and stumbled, swaying a little. Suddenly her legs wouldn't support her anymore. Her knees buckled, and she fell to the ground, still crying. Pain wracked her body, but she had given up.

There is no more hope for me.

Stay safe, my child...

---

She taught herself how to fight, she studied, she raised herself. Trained herself into something formidable. Athena pushed herself pass the dark, impenetrable border, laced with thorns that threatened to tug her back.

Discipline, she told herself every day, pushing away the voices that called to her, whirling around her mind in a flurry of thoughts, whispering... you have nothing... fighting for a lost cause... let go... join us...

Day after day Athena paced the terrain she had traveled to and called her home, pushing the voices away. Wandering through the ruins of crumbling pillars and ancient architecture, snout buried in scrolls, by the light of the bright, illuminating sun. She traveled across the realm, teaching herself with no one to help her.
---

It was a fine summer day, bright light shining on the land, the sky was dotted with lazy white clouds, floating through the sea of blue. Athena was standing under a tall pillar that seemed to be broken in half, the other piece long gone, when she heard the sound of wings. Looking up, she saw two approaching dragons.

"We heard you have an expertise in war strategy," the male said. He was large and graceful, and electricity crackled along his body. "There is a bit of... er, trouble in our clan, and we are in a bad situation--"

"What he means," the other one, a female, interrupted. "Is that we need help. We've heard of you, and it seems that you have what we need."

"You need help?" Athena said, sliding the scroll into a scroll case. "What for?"

"Two clan members, who are trouble. They have a sort of clan inside the clan, a group of rogues that--"

"You need me to help me fight them," Athena realized, looking at the two grim faces. "Is that so?"

"Yes."

A smile crept onto Athena's face. "Take me to them."
---

Athena spent many weeks and months fighting the rogues, Autumn and Terra. Two dragons who had started the clan and began creating a rebel group. She helped the clan plan their strategies and overtake the dragons. Many of the rogues were sent to serve the Lightweaver, away from the clan.

And later, all dragons had to admit that Athena, a clever war strategist, was critical to the clan's survival.

After Autumn and Terra had surrendered, their rogue group defeated, Zeus and Hera, the ones who had asked her to help, approached Athena with an invitation, a proposal that she would not decline, no matter the consequences.
---

And so Athena was welcomed into the clan, with a lasting home that she was sure it would never cease to bring peace to her.

It's home.

POEMS Note: I made these all up for no particular dragon. I was just bored.
Ezra (nabal) wrote:

It's a fire raging inside your soul
It's the lightning that crackles and the thunder that rolls
It's the knowledge of your failure, the guilt in your heart
When you've thrown all the gates of hell apart

Betrayal
Despair
Desire
Hellfire

You've withered from the inside
Your grief too deep to bear
You've got a pain, far below
Your misery in the air

And it's in your head, singing
Hellfire
Gloating, ever ringing
Hellfire

That one oath you swore, you promised to agree
You've yet to keep, but still ignore
Inside, you know there's a punishment for you
Well, welcome to hell, listen to the roar

And it's in your head, singing
Hellfire
Gloating, ever ringing
Hellfire
Free verse (more like a song than a poem whoops) wrote:
Mirror, mirror, on the wall
Say it before the kingdoms fall
Tell me,
Does that box
Hold trickery?

Before the dust rains down
Before the king loses his crown
Before the one catastrophe
The one to destroy us all
Tell me,
Does that box hold trickery?

Open the box, if you dare
You can't say that it's not fair
It was your choice
It was your decision
So open up that little box
Flip open all the metal locks

Just a being, one in millions
Nothing I can do to stop it
Trusted with a ancient relic I might drop it
Can't change the future
Can't stop that box of trickery
Can't guarantee any victory
Can only make more misery

The box's been opened
Nothing anybody can do about it
Only can we say our prayers
And try to never submit

Outsmarted, beaten
Defeated without a reason
Now we have been weakened
Can't anymore avoid
Being destroyed

Just a being, one in millions
Nothing I can do to stop it
Trusted with an ancient relic I might drop it
Can't change the future
Can't stop that box of trickery
Can't guarantee any victory
Can only make more misery
Another free verse wrote:
You made your bed, you must lie in it
Don't fall back into that endless pit
There is no going back now, make no more offenses
Now go and bear the consequences

A poem without rhyme is incomplete
A promise broken is a vow you cannot keep
But you made your bed, you lie in it
Now go and bear the consequences

Embrace the fate laid out for you
Whether or not untold
Walk the path, straight and true
And your future will slowly unfold
A haiku wrote:
Wet raindrops falling
Dropping to the ground below
Slipping off the leaves
Another haiku (ouch my haikus are bad) wrote:
Gentle, calm breezes
Carrying my kite with them
Drifting through the clouds
^
^
@TwilightStars

Hello there! I know you have an order form, but would you be willing to write some lore (type does not matter) for some of my dragons? I don’t have anything in mind, so pick some of my perma dragons that inspire you (pages 1-4 with familiars). All I ask is for you to pick dragons that do not have lore (I only have like 3 dragons with lore, lol). Pick as many as you want and I will get you the payment!
@TwilightStars

Hello there! I know you have an order form, but would you be willing to write some lore (type does not matter) for some of my dragons? I don’t have anything in mind, so pick some of my perma dragons that inspire you (pages 1-4 with familiars). All I ask is for you to pick dragons that do not have lore (I only have like 3 dragons with lore, lol). Pick as many as you want and I will get you the payment!
@TwilightStars
Heyo! I know it's not something you have listed, but would you be willing to do a lair review? Sorry if that's rude, since it's not an option, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask!
@TwilightStars
Heyo! I know it's not something you have listed, but would you be willing to do a lair review? Sorry if that's rude, since it's not an option, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask!
new-sig.png
@MoonlitCacti Sure! I'll get started on it ASAP.

@Xylin A lair review? I'm not sure what that is, I've seen things like 'Let ____ Judge Your Dragons' is it something similar? I'd like to try it, though.
@MoonlitCacti Sure! I'll get started on it ASAP.

@Xylin A lair review? I'm not sure what that is, I've seen things like 'Let ____ Judge Your Dragons' is it something similar? I'd like to try it, though.
@TwilightStars
Yeah, kinda like that! Here's an example of one someone did for me on Tumblr. You can critique aesthetic, outfits, genes, etc, and it could be in or out of character! (if that''s your thing)

If you're interested, how does 25kt for (any) 5 dragons sound??
@TwilightStars
Yeah, kinda like that! Here's an example of one someone did for me on Tumblr. You can critique aesthetic, outfits, genes, etc, and it could be in or out of character! (if that''s your thing)

If you're interested, how does 25kt for (any) 5 dragons sound??
new-sig.png
@Xylin Sounds good! I'll try and see what I can come up with!
@Xylin Sounds good! I'll try and see what I can come up with!
@TwilightStars
Cool! I'll send the CR. Another note; my permas end at Michael! :>
@TwilightStars
Cool! I'll send the CR. Another note; my permas end at Michael! :>
new-sig.png
@MoonlitCacti Whewf, I went on a writing and inspiration spree. It was... four pieces of writing? In one afternoon... If you don't want to pay 60g, that's fine, no worries! Just can't use the writing, sorry :( Anyway, I have a few ideas and put them down in writing. Not sure what Cypress would be, maybe just a random naturey dragon??? Lavender really gave off these tea and medicine vibes, I really liked that, so I went with it. She's a sweet, calm, gentle dragon, with a love for birds. Ajisai is... something. The lore will make more sense. Because of Riggaletto apparel and skin, I thought 'magic' when I saw her. And I got this idea. But I couldn't really finalize it, so I made it more like a scene of her recalling her story. I [i]would[/i] love to write more for your lair (I get a lot of inspiration picking up the vibes your dragons give off) but I'm tired, lol. If you need any changes, let me know! I'll get back to you ASAP. ----- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39255568] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/392556/39255568.png[/img] [/url] "What's wrong with his skin?" "How should I know?" "[i]You[/i] were the one who said there was something weird." "I know, but..." [center]---[/center] Those were the whispers of two troubled parents, watching their newborn sleep, nestled in his mother's arms. All night they worried, staring at their hatchling, the one with cracks in his skin, as if a earthen disease had spread around his limbs until only a small part of his true colors shone through. What happened to bring this onto their only son? Why? Was it a sign? [center]---[/center] "He's not like us." "I know. Something's wrong." "Zanelli says he's cursed." [center]---[/center] He wasn't deaf. He heard the whispers. The young dragon, nameless, curled up beside his mother, mimicking sleep. He heard how he was different, possibly cursed, but it didn't sound true. Each word was a flame, each one bigger, greater, hotter than the last, each one clouding his mind until he couldn't think anymore. Rage. Fury. Loneliness. From minutes after his birth, there were dragons saying he was cursed, as if [i]he[/i] didn't belong there. As if he was just a dead leaf lying on their front steps, to be swept away and never seen again. [center]---[/center] "He is cursed," Zanelli said wisely, her ancient bones creaking as she strode toward the hatchling's parents. A pale yellow snake slithered around her stiff, trunk-like legs, winding around them and hissing softly. "Calm down, Basil," she murmured, as the snake watched the dragons warily with its beady black eyes. "It's a sign. [i]He's[/i] a sign. I've seen one just like him, years and years ago... when I was younger. Which was very long ago. Oh, how long--" "Zanelli, please," the mother muttered. "We know how old you are." Zanelli straightened, offended. "Old? [i]Old?[/i] Why, only--" The mother closed her eyes. "Zanelli." "As I was [i]saying[/i] before this rude dragon interrupted me questioning my age, long ago, I have seen one like him. Marks and cracks on his skin, like a disease. He was cursed. I advise you, get him out of here before he destroys this clan again." The two parents glanced at their sleeping, quiet, child. He seemed harmless... but looks can deceive. "You have no idea how long I spent cleaning up that mess, after the dragons died and after all that. It was so long ago, when I was so much younger... Oh, you have no idea. So long ago. Years and years and years ago..." [center]---[/center] So he left. He wasn't banished, he left of his own will. Nameless, abandoned, with nobody to love him, the hatchling, barely a day old, left in the middle of the night. He had no intentions to ever return. Zanelli would have said it was good that he disappeared, and the rest of the clan would agree. Because they didn't know who he was, and that he was definitely not cursed. They said he wasn't good enough. That he wasn't one of them. That he didn't deserve to be. Even if he hadn't even gotten a chance to prove himself. [center]---[/center] A very young hatchling out in the wild, with furious thoughts of unjust things, isn't good. For one thing, he didn't know how to survive. His feet kept snagging on thorns, his tail smacked into rosebushes (with thorns), and his wings swept up numerous cobwebs and more thorns. The hatchling was in very bad shape. It was pure luck, they say, that an infestation hound, prowling through the forest, brought him back to its masters' clan. [center]---[/center] "What do you think happened to him?" "Where are his parents? Should we try and find them?" Again, the hatchling pretended to sleep. He listened to the whispers as they tended to his wounds. He waited for the ones that would concern his odd-looking skin, those that would suggest he was cursed. They never came. He listened, but all of them only worried about him. "He must have been dead already. I wonder how he survived." "What's his name? Does he have a name?" [i]No,[/i] he wanted to whisper. [i]I don't have a name because I ran away before I could be given one. Because nobody wanted me.[/i] He kept quiet, though, and waited. [center]---[/center] After he told his story, the dragons of this new clan wondered what to do with him. Name him and have him be one of their clan? Find his old clan and ask if they would rethink it? "We should let him stay." One dragon finally spoke, breaking the silence. "I agree." "He says that nobody wanted him... why not give him a chance?" He felt his heart leaping, but squashed his hopes down. Not everyone would want him. There were some, in the back, glaring at him and staring at his skin. He knew what they were trying to say: [i]We hate you. You[/i] are [i]cursed, leave us alone.[/i] [i]Never[/i], he wanted to shout back. [i]You want to try it? How would you like it?[/i] [center]---[/center] The decision-making took longer than he realized, and the dragon waited. He was ready to leave if they didn't want him, but also ready to accept a name and be one of this clan. If his parents didn't want him, so be it. They didn't have to have him. [center]---[/center] Nowadays, Cypress has a home where he is loved and taken care of. He has a name, a place in society where he wouldn't be shamed of his looks. The way his skin cracked like rock and shone in some places like a mirror, the diseased look his skin gave off. Zanelli would have been surprised. [code]"What's wrong with his skin?" "How should I know?" "[i]You[/i] were the one who said there was something weird." "I know, but..." [center]---[/center] Those were the whispers of two troubled parents, watching their newborn sleep, nestled in his mother's arms. All night they worried, staring at their hatchling, the one with cracks in his skin, as if a earthen disease had spread around his limbs until only a small part of his true colors shone through. What happened to bring this onto their only son? Why? Was it a sign? [center]---[/center] "He's not like us." "I know. Something's wrong." "Zanelli says he's cursed." [center]---[/center] He wasn't deaf. He heard the whispers. The young dragon, nameless, curled up beside his mother, mimicking sleep. He heard how he was different, possibly cursed, but it didn't sound true. Each word was a flame, each one bigger, greater, hotter than the last, each one clouding his mind until he couldn't think anymore. Rage. Fury. Loneliness. From minutes after his birth, there were dragons saying he was cursed, as if [i]he[/i] didn't belong there. As if he was just a dead leaf lying on their front steps, to be swept away and never seen again. [center]---[/center] "He is cursed," Zanelli said wisely, her ancient bones creaking as she strode toward the hatchling's parents. A pale yellow snake slithered around her stiff, trunk-like legs, winding around them and hissing softly. "Calm down, Basil," she murmured, as the snake watched the dragons warily with its beady black eyes. "It's a sign. [i]He's[/i] a sign. I've seen one just like him, years and years ago... when I was younger. Which was very long ago. Oh, how long--" "Zanelli, please," the mother muttered. "We know how old you are." Zanelli straightened, offended. "Old? [i]Old?[/i] Why, only--" The mother closed her eyes. "Zanelli." "As I was [i]saying[/i] before this rude dragon interrupted me questioning my age, long ago, I have seen one like him. Marks and cracks on his skin, like a disease. He was cursed. I advise you, get him out of here before he destroys this clan again." The two parents glanced at their sleeping, quiet, child. He seemed harmless... but looks can deceive. "You have no idea how long I spent cleaning up that mess, after the dragons died and after all that. It was so long ago, when I was so much younger... Oh, you have no idea. So long ago. Years and years and years ago..." [center]---[/center] So he left. He wasn't banished, he left of his own will. Nameless, abandoned, with nobody to love him, the hatchling, barely a day old, left in the middle of the night. He had no intentions to ever return. Zanelli would have said it was good that he disappeared, and the rest of the clan would agree. Because they didn't know who he was, and that he was definitely not cursed. They said he wasn't good enough. That he wasn't one of them. That he didn't deserve to be. Even if he hadn't even gotten a chance to prove himself. [center]---[/center] A very young hatchling out in the wild, with furious thoughts of unjust things, isn't good. For one thing, he didn't know how to survive. His feet kept snagging on thorns, his tail smacked into rosebushes (with thorns), and his wings swept up numerous cobwebs and more thorns. The hatchling was in very bad shape. It was pure luck, they say, that an infestation hound, prowling through the forest, brought him back to its masters' clan. [center]---[/center] "What do you think happened to him?" "Where are his parents? Should we try and find them?" Again, the hatchling pretended to sleep. He listened to the whispers as they tended to his wounds. He waited for the ones that would concern his odd-looking skin, those that would suggest he was cursed. They never came. He listened, but all of them only worried about him. "He must have been dead already. I wonder how he survived." "What's his name? Does he have a name?" [i]No,[/i] he wanted to whisper. [i]I don't have a name because I ran away before I could be given one. Because nobody wanted me.[/i] He kept quiet, though, and waited. [center]---[/center] After he told his story, the dragons of this new clan wondered what to do with him. Name him and have him be one of their clan? Find his old clan and ask if they would rethink it? "We should let him stay." One dragon finally spoke, breaking the silence. "I agree." "He says that nobody wanted him... why not give him a chance?" He felt his heart leaping, but squashed his hopes down. Not everyone would want him. There were some, in the back, glaring at him and staring at his skin. He knew what they were trying to say: [i]We hate you. You[/i] are [i]cursed, leave us alone.[/i] [i]Never[/i], he wanted to shout back. [i]You want to try it? How would you like it?[/i] [center]---[/center] The decision-making took longer than he realized, and the dragon waited. He was ready to leave if they didn't want him, but also ready to accept a name and be one of this clan. If his parents didn't want him, so be it. They didn't have to have him. [center]---[/center] Nowadays, Cypress has a home where he is loved and taken care of. He has a name, a place in society where he wouldn't be shamed of his looks. The way his skin cracked like rock and shone in some places like a mirror, the diseased look his skin gave off. Zanelli would have been surprised.[/code] ----- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29323903] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/293240/29323903.png[/img] [/url] "Hello, pretties," Lavender gushed, tossing a talonful of birdseed on the ground. "Good morning." She arranged her racks of herbs and medicine, and began to prepare tea. [i]Each morning brings sweet smiles, birds, and sunlight streaming into the tearoom. Each morning is different, is new, is one of a kind. A fresh start to the day that is[/i] now, [i]in the moment, and now is all you'll ever get of now. Because time starts to come and it doesn't stop coming, for morning will only ever be morning, but now will only ever be now, whether morning, noon, afternoon, or night. And the next day, the sun shall arise again and breathe life into a new morning.[/i] She smiled sadly at the words on the wooden walls of her tearoom. The words her grandmother spoke and loved, the ones that Lavender learned and knew by heart. Despite that, she had written them in dark, forest-green ink on a sheet of thin parchment, bordered with a wooden frame and tacked on her wall. But her words would be remembered as long as Lavender lived. She would make sure of that, make sure her wise grandmother would be honored. Listening to her birds sing, she smiled and began to hum along, softly, to the birds' sweet song, to the melodious tune that was always different, with each morning. [i]To the start of a new day.[/i] [code]"Hello, pretties," Lavender gushed, tossing a talonful of birdseed on the ground. "Good morning." She arranged her racks of herbs and medicine, and began to prepare tea. [i]Each morning brings sweet smiles, birds, and sunlight streaming into the tearoom. Each morning is different, is new, is one of a kind. A fresh start to the day that is[/i] now, [i]in the moment, and now is all you'll ever get of now. Because time starts to come and it doesn't stop coming, for morning will only ever be morning, but now will only ever be now, whether morning, noon, afternoon, or night. And the next day, the sun shall arise again and breathe life into a new morning.[/i] She smiled sadly at the words on the wooden walls of her tearoom. The words her grandmother spoke and loved, the ones that Lavender learned and knew by heart. Despite that, she had written them in dark, forest-green ink on a sheet of thin parchment, bordered with a wooden frame and tacked on her wall. But her words would be remembered as long as Lavender lived. She would make sure of that, make sure her wise grandmother would be honored. Listening to her birds sing, she smiled and began to hum along, softly, to the birds' sweet song, to the melodious tune that was always different, with each morning. [i]To the start of a new day.[/i][/code] ----- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33376826] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/333769/33376826.png[/img] [/url] There is another world. Another side. One that nobody else knows of. One with monsters, with darkness, with creeping shadows that feast on despair. Ajisai knows of it all. The shadows had always called to her, and she was almost a shadow herself. Ajisai could be dead, could be alive, could be a monster yet to be discovered. Others say she's a mysterious figure, a creature of the dark. A scaly, shadowy monster, a Yako trickster kitsune... There have been many rumors. And they're all wrong. Nobody knows who or what Ajisai is, or how she came to the clan. If you ask one of the oldest dragons there, they won't know, and nobody ever will. No one seems to actually be able to remember how she came here, or why. Her origin is a mystery. Few have ever heard her speak, and nobody can remember what she has to say. Ajisai, they say, is like a demon lurking in the dark, a hungry wolf, waiting patiently to strike, to pounce, to devour any prey that dares come across her shadow. [code]There is another world. Another side. One that nobody else knows of. One with monsters, with darkness, with creeping shadows that feast on despair. Ajisai knew of it all. The shadows had always called to her, and she was almost a shadow herself. Ajisai could be dead, could be alive, could be a monster yet to be discovered. Others say she's a mysterious figure, a creature of the dark. A scaly, shadowy monster, a Yako trickster kitsune... There have been many rumors. And they're all wrong. Nobody knows who or what Ajisai is, or how she came to the clan. If you ask one of the oldest dragons there, they won't know, and nobody ever will. No one seems to actually be able to remember how she came here, or why. Her origin is a mystery. Few have ever heard her speak, and nobody can remember what she has to say. Ajisai, they say, is like a demon lurking in the dark, a hungry wolf, waiting patiently to strike, to pounce, to devour any prey that dares come across her shadow.[/code] ----- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32510509] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/325106/32510509.png[/img] [/url] Magic. That's what broke her. Both literally and figuratively. Riggaletto's soul was in shards, her physical form was broken. Only her pure spirit was holding her ghostly soul together. She didn't know it at the time, she was young, foolish, and arrogant. They warned her. She should have listened when they told her there would be consequences, and sacrifices she had to make. She should have listened when they said it'd take much more than she had then. She should have listened when they said that she wasn't ready yet. But Riggaletto was insistent. She didn't see the full extent of their words - she didn't know. Nor did she really care. [i]Bring honor to the family, you will find magic,[/i] that's what her parents said. Her family had been searching for the secret to magic for a long time, they were absolutely sure Riggaletto was the one to find it. She'd made a mistake, it was time to admit it. But sometimes it was hard to acknowledge that fact. [code]Magic. That's what broke her. Both literally and figuratively. Riggaletto's soul was in shards, her physical form was broken. Only her pure spirit was holding her ghostly soul together. She didn't know it at the time, she was young, foolish, and arrogant. They warned her. She should have listened when they told her there would be consequences, and sacrifices she had to make. She should have listened when they said it'd take much more than she had then. She should have listened when they said that she wasn't ready yet. But Riggaletto was insistent. She didn't see the full extent of their words - she didn't know. Nor did she really care. [i]Bring honor to the family, you will find magic,[/i] that's what her parents said. Her family had been searching for the secret to magic for a long time, they were absolutely sure Riggaletto was the one to find it. She'd made a mistake, it was time to admit it. But sometimes it was hard to acknowledge that fact.[/code]
@MoonlitCacti Whewf, I went on a writing and inspiration spree. It was... four pieces of writing? In one afternoon... If you don't want to pay 60g, that's fine, no worries! Just can't use the writing, sorry :(

Anyway, I have a few ideas and put them down in writing.

Not sure what Cypress would be, maybe just a random naturey dragon???

Lavender really gave off these tea and medicine vibes, I really liked that, so I went with it. She's a sweet, calm, gentle dragon, with a love for birds.

Ajisai is... something. The lore will make more sense.

Because of Riggaletto apparel and skin, I thought 'magic' when I saw her. And I got this idea. But I couldn't really finalize it, so I made it more like a scene of her recalling her story.

I would love to write more for your lair (I get a lot of inspiration picking up the vibes your dragons give off) but I'm tired, lol. If you need any changes, let me know! I'll get back to you ASAP.

39255568.png

"What's wrong with his skin?"

"How should I know?"

"You were the one who said there was something weird."

"I know, but..."
---

Those were the whispers of two troubled parents, watching their newborn sleep, nestled in his mother's arms. All night they worried, staring at their hatchling, the one with cracks in his skin, as if a earthen disease had spread around his limbs until only a small part of his true colors shone through. What happened to bring this onto their only son? Why? Was it a sign?
---

"He's not like us."

"I know. Something's wrong."

"Zanelli says he's cursed."
---

He wasn't deaf. He heard the whispers. The young dragon, nameless, curled up beside his mother, mimicking sleep. He heard how he was different, possibly cursed, but it didn't sound true.

Each word was a flame, each one bigger, greater, hotter than the last, each one clouding his mind until he couldn't think anymore.

Rage. Fury. Loneliness.

From minutes after his birth, there were dragons saying he was cursed, as if he didn't belong there. As if he was just a dead leaf lying on their front steps, to be swept away and never seen again.
---

"He is cursed," Zanelli said wisely, her ancient bones creaking as she strode toward the hatchling's parents. A pale yellow snake slithered around her stiff, trunk-like legs, winding around them and hissing softly.

"Calm down, Basil," she murmured, as the snake watched the dragons warily with its beady black eyes.

"It's a sign. He's a sign. I've seen one just like him, years and years ago... when I was younger. Which was very long ago. Oh, how long--"

"Zanelli, please," the mother muttered. "We know how old you are."

Zanelli straightened, offended. "Old? Old? Why, only--"

The mother closed her eyes. "Zanelli."

"As I was saying before this rude dragon interrupted me questioning my age, long ago, I have seen one like him. Marks and cracks on his skin, like a disease. He was cursed. I advise you, get him out of here before he destroys this clan again."

The two parents glanced at their sleeping, quiet, child. He seemed harmless... but looks can deceive.

"You have no idea how long I spent cleaning up that mess, after the dragons died and after all that. It was so long ago, when I was so much younger... Oh, you have no idea. So long ago. Years and years and years ago..."
---

So he left. He wasn't banished, he left of his own will. Nameless, abandoned, with nobody to love him, the hatchling, barely a day old, left in the middle of the night. He had no intentions to ever return.

Zanelli would have said it was good that he disappeared, and the rest of the clan would agree. Because they didn't know who he was, and that he was definitely not cursed.

They said he wasn't good enough. That he wasn't one of them. That he didn't deserve to be. Even if he hadn't even gotten a chance to prove himself.
---

A very young hatchling out in the wild, with furious thoughts of unjust things, isn't good. For one thing, he didn't know how to survive. His feet kept snagging on thorns, his tail smacked into rosebushes (with thorns), and his wings swept up numerous cobwebs and more thorns.

The hatchling was in very bad shape. It was pure luck, they say, that an infestation hound, prowling through the forest, brought him back to its masters' clan.
---

"What do you think happened to him?"

"Where are his parents? Should we try and find them?"

Again, the hatchling pretended to sleep. He listened to the whispers as they tended to his wounds. He waited for the ones that would concern his odd-looking skin, those that would suggest he was cursed.

They never came. He listened, but all of them only worried about him.

"He must have been dead already. I wonder how he survived."

"What's his name? Does he have a name?"

No, he wanted to whisper. I don't have a name because I ran away before I could be given one. Because nobody wanted me.

He kept quiet, though, and waited.
---

After he told his story, the dragons of this new clan wondered what to do with him. Name him and have him be one of their clan? Find his old clan and ask if they would rethink it?

"We should let him stay." One dragon finally spoke, breaking the silence.

"I agree."

"He says that nobody wanted him... why not give him a chance?"

He felt his heart leaping, but squashed his hopes down. Not everyone would want him. There were some, in the back, glaring at him and staring at his skin. He knew what they were trying to say: We hate you. You are cursed, leave us alone.

Never, he wanted to shout back. You want to try it? How would you like it?
---

The decision-making took longer than he realized, and the dragon waited. He was ready to leave if they didn't want him, but also ready to accept a name and be one of this clan. If his parents didn't want him, so be it. They didn't have to have him.
---

Nowadays, Cypress has a home where he is loved and taken care of. He has a name, a place in society where he wouldn't be shamed of his looks. The way his skin cracked like rock and shone in some places like a mirror, the diseased look his skin gave off.

Zanelli would have been surprised.
Code:
"What's wrong with his skin?" "How should I know?" "[i]You[/i] were the one who said there was something weird." "I know, but..." [center]---[/center] Those were the whispers of two troubled parents, watching their newborn sleep, nestled in his mother's arms. All night they worried, staring at their hatchling, the one with cracks in his skin, as if a earthen disease had spread around his limbs until only a small part of his true colors shone through. What happened to bring this onto their only son? Why? Was it a sign? [center]---[/center] "He's not like us." "I know. Something's wrong." "Zanelli says he's cursed." [center]---[/center] He wasn't deaf. He heard the whispers. The young dragon, nameless, curled up beside his mother, mimicking sleep. He heard how he was different, possibly cursed, but it didn't sound true. Each word was a flame, each one bigger, greater, hotter than the last, each one clouding his mind until he couldn't think anymore. Rage. Fury. Loneliness. From minutes after his birth, there were dragons saying he was cursed, as if [i]he[/i] didn't belong there. As if he was just a dead leaf lying on their front steps, to be swept away and never seen again. [center]---[/center] "He is cursed," Zanelli said wisely, her ancient bones creaking as she strode toward the hatchling's parents. A pale yellow snake slithered around her stiff, trunk-like legs, winding around them and hissing softly. "Calm down, Basil," she murmured, as the snake watched the dragons warily with its beady black eyes. "It's a sign. [i]He's[/i] a sign. I've seen one just like him, years and years ago... when I was younger. Which was very long ago. Oh, how long--" "Zanelli, please," the mother muttered. "We know how old you are." Zanelli straightened, offended. "Old? [i]Old?[/i] Why, only--" The mother closed her eyes. "Zanelli." "As I was [i]saying[/i] before this rude dragon interrupted me questioning my age, long ago, I have seen one like him. Marks and cracks on his skin, like a disease. He was cursed. I advise you, get him out of here before he destroys this clan again." The two parents glanced at their sleeping, quiet, child. He seemed harmless... but looks can deceive. "You have no idea how long I spent cleaning up that mess, after the dragons died and after all that. It was so long ago, when I was so much younger... Oh, you have no idea. So long ago. Years and years and years ago..." [center]---[/center] So he left. He wasn't banished, he left of his own will. Nameless, abandoned, with nobody to love him, the hatchling, barely a day old, left in the middle of the night. He had no intentions to ever return. Zanelli would have said it was good that he disappeared, and the rest of the clan would agree. Because they didn't know who he was, and that he was definitely not cursed. They said he wasn't good enough. That he wasn't one of them. That he didn't deserve to be. Even if he hadn't even gotten a chance to prove himself. [center]---[/center] A very young hatchling out in the wild, with furious thoughts of unjust things, isn't good. For one thing, he didn't know how to survive. His feet kept snagging on thorns, his tail smacked into rosebushes (with thorns), and his wings swept up numerous cobwebs and more thorns. The hatchling was in very bad shape. It was pure luck, they say, that an infestation hound, prowling through the forest, brought him back to its masters' clan. [center]---[/center] "What do you think happened to him?" "Where are his parents? Should we try and find them?" Again, the hatchling pretended to sleep. He listened to the whispers as they tended to his wounds. He waited for the ones that would concern his odd-looking skin, those that would suggest he was cursed. They never came. He listened, but all of them only worried about him. "He must have been dead already. I wonder how he survived." "What's his name? Does he have a name?" [i]No,[/i] he wanted to whisper. [i]I don't have a name because I ran away before I could be given one. Because nobody wanted me.[/i] He kept quiet, though, and waited. [center]---[/center] After he told his story, the dragons of this new clan wondered what to do with him. Name him and have him be one of their clan? Find his old clan and ask if they would rethink it? "We should let him stay." One dragon finally spoke, breaking the silence. "I agree." "He says that nobody wanted him... why not give him a chance?" He felt his heart leaping, but squashed his hopes down. Not everyone would want him. There were some, in the back, glaring at him and staring at his skin. He knew what they were trying to say: [i]We hate you. You[/i] are [i]cursed, leave us alone.[/i] [i]Never[/i], he wanted to shout back. [i]You want to try it? How would you like it?[/i] [center]---[/center] The decision-making took longer than he realized, and the dragon waited. He was ready to leave if they didn't want him, but also ready to accept a name and be one of this clan. If his parents didn't want him, so be it. They didn't have to have him. [center]---[/center] Nowadays, Cypress has a home where he is loved and taken care of. He has a name, a place in society where he wouldn't be shamed of his looks. The way his skin cracked like rock and shone in some places like a mirror, the diseased look his skin gave off. Zanelli would have been surprised.

29323903.png

"Hello, pretties," Lavender gushed, tossing a talonful of birdseed on the ground. "Good morning." She arranged her racks of herbs and medicine, and began to prepare tea.

Each morning brings sweet smiles, birds, and sunlight streaming into the tearoom. Each morning is different, is new, is one of a kind. A fresh start to the day that is now, in the moment, and now is all you'll ever get of now. Because time starts to come and it doesn't stop coming, for morning will only ever be morning, but now will only ever be now, whether morning, noon, afternoon, or night.

And the next day, the sun shall arise again and breathe life into a new morning.

She smiled sadly at the words on the wooden walls of her tearoom. The words her grandmother spoke and loved, the ones that Lavender learned and knew by heart. Despite that, she had written them in dark, forest-green ink on a sheet of thin parchment, bordered with a wooden frame and tacked on her wall.

But her words would be remembered as long as Lavender lived. She would make sure of that, make sure her wise grandmother would be honored.

Listening to her birds sing, she smiled and began to hum along, softly, to the birds' sweet song, to the melodious tune that was always different, with each morning.

To the start of a new day.
Code:
"Hello, pretties," Lavender gushed, tossing a talonful of birdseed on the ground. "Good morning." She arranged her racks of herbs and medicine, and began to prepare tea. [i]Each morning brings sweet smiles, birds, and sunlight streaming into the tearoom. Each morning is different, is new, is one of a kind. A fresh start to the day that is[/i] now, [i]in the moment, and now is all you'll ever get of now. Because time starts to come and it doesn't stop coming, for morning will only ever be morning, but now will only ever be now, whether morning, noon, afternoon, or night. And the next day, the sun shall arise again and breathe life into a new morning.[/i] She smiled sadly at the words on the wooden walls of her tearoom. The words her grandmother spoke and loved, the ones that Lavender learned and knew by heart. Despite that, she had written them in dark, forest-green ink on a sheet of thin parchment, bordered with a wooden frame and tacked on her wall. But her words would be remembered as long as Lavender lived. She would make sure of that, make sure her wise grandmother would be honored. Listening to her birds sing, she smiled and began to hum along, softly, to the birds' sweet song, to the melodious tune that was always different, with each morning. [i]To the start of a new day.[/i]

33376826.png

There is another world. Another side. One that nobody else knows of. One with monsters, with darkness, with creeping shadows that feast on despair.

Ajisai knows of it all.

The shadows had always called to her, and she was almost a shadow herself. Ajisai could be dead, could be alive, could be a monster yet to be discovered.

Others say she's a mysterious figure, a creature of the dark. A scaly, shadowy monster, a Yako trickster kitsune... There have been many rumors.

And they're all wrong.

Nobody knows who or what Ajisai is, or how she came to the clan. If you ask one of the oldest dragons there, they won't know, and nobody ever will. No one seems to actually be able to remember how she came here, or why. Her origin is a mystery. Few have ever heard her speak, and nobody can remember what she has to say.

Ajisai, they say, is like a demon lurking in the dark, a hungry wolf, waiting patiently to strike, to pounce, to devour any prey that dares come across her shadow.
Code:
There is another world. Another side. One that nobody else knows of. One with monsters, with darkness, with creeping shadows that feast on despair. Ajisai knew of it all. The shadows had always called to her, and she was almost a shadow herself. Ajisai could be dead, could be alive, could be a monster yet to be discovered. Others say she's a mysterious figure, a creature of the dark. A scaly, shadowy monster, a Yako trickster kitsune... There have been many rumors. And they're all wrong. Nobody knows who or what Ajisai is, or how she came to the clan. If you ask one of the oldest dragons there, they won't know, and nobody ever will. No one seems to actually be able to remember how she came here, or why. Her origin is a mystery. Few have ever heard her speak, and nobody can remember what she has to say. Ajisai, they say, is like a demon lurking in the dark, a hungry wolf, waiting patiently to strike, to pounce, to devour any prey that dares come across her shadow.

32510509.png

Magic.

That's what broke her.

Both literally and figuratively. Riggaletto's soul was in shards, her physical form was broken. Only her pure spirit was holding her ghostly soul together.

She didn't know it at the time, she was young, foolish, and arrogant.

They warned her.

She should have listened when they told her there would be consequences, and sacrifices she had to make. She should have listened when they said it'd take much more than she had then. She should have listened when they said that she wasn't ready yet.

But Riggaletto was insistent. She didn't see the full extent of their words - she didn't know. Nor did she really care.

Bring honor to the family, you will find magic, that's what her parents said. Her family had been searching for the secret to magic for a long time, they were absolutely sure Riggaletto was the one to find it.

She'd made a mistake, it was time to admit it.

But sometimes it was hard to acknowledge that fact.
Code:
Magic. That's what broke her. Both literally and figuratively. Riggaletto's soul was in shards, her physical form was broken. Only her pure spirit was holding her ghostly soul together. She didn't know it at the time, she was young, foolish, and arrogant. They warned her. She should have listened when they told her there would be consequences, and sacrifices she had to make. She should have listened when they said it'd take much more than she had then. She should have listened when they said that she wasn't ready yet. But Riggaletto was insistent. She didn't see the full extent of their words - she didn't know. Nor did she really care. [i]Bring honor to the family, you will find magic,[/i] that's what her parents said. Her family had been searching for the secret to magic for a long time, they were absolutely sure Riggaletto was the one to find it. She'd made a mistake, it was time to admit it. But sometimes it was hard to acknowledge that fact.
1 2 3 4