Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | [closed] Pig's PWYW Poetry
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/Z0QdfxG.png[/img][/center] opening up a new shop for lore also, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2870320]find it here[/url] [left][font=Century Gothic][size=5][b]EXAMPLES[/b][/size][/font] These are all FR related, however I'm happy to have a go at anything you want. [columns][center] [b]Diamond[/b] In the void between the stars, among the Arcanist's avatars, he swam between glowing comet trails; all fiery eyes and lightning tail. Across the universe, he swept, until he fell to Sornieth. Down, down, down, and there he slept. After the dark, the dreams came. Vein-like, flowing as roots, a flame in liquid earth. Between shattered glass and shifting shadows upon the grass the thoughts took form: a sanctuary for the Arcane to shelter from the growing storm. The world opened, and he dreamed waterfalls and opalescent streams dashing out to sea; and more: sleeping forests of before the ancients came. He found the world was changed, and still the same.[/center] [nextcol][center][url=http://jasperdragons.tumblr.com/tagged/blogscarves][img]https://i.imgur.com/sGzSjkv.gif[/img][/url] [nextcol] [center] [b]Moonage[/b] When moon rises, sleep not, but come into the dark and see what dances in the night, through stars, and glides across a pitch-black sea. Thunder follows where he goes; wings flashing in the silver light. A manic streak of icy fire sleepless and keen, he hunts the night. [b]Eithne[/b] Dawn rises, and grey light fades to pink. Fresh-yellow, bright blue, drawn in watered ink traced by a claw, tongue held tight in teeth. Eithne records in pastel, every movement beneath watched through violet eyes, reflecting the sweetness of the sky. Morning blooms, she rests, sleeps late. Her chamber sings with mountains captured in chalk and paint. [/columns] [center][font=Century Gothic][size=4][b]MORE EXAMPLES:[/b][/size][/font] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20653778][b]Lyric[/b][/url] | [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24771321][b]Alliance[/b][/url] | [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26988397][b]Caoimhe[/b][/url] For even more examples, check the thread for poetry others have commissioned, I will leave them as replies to this thread (if you would rather I PM you your poem, please let me know). [left][font=Century Gothic][size=5][b]REQUESTING[/b][/size][/font] [b]open again for a little bit we'll see how we go[/b] Send me a PM or reply here to request, please. I can work off as much or as little detail as you care to provide, however if you have something specific in mind, giving more detail helps me write something closer to what you want. Feel free to specify a length; if you don't I usually default to about 10-15 lines. I will absolutely have a go at imitating a style you like, even if you don't know what it is. Otherwise, I'll try to pick a form that seems to suit. There's no official form, just give me some idea of what you are looking for. A link to the dragon you want the poem for, if applicable, is great too. If you are struggling for words today, here is a helpful template*: [quote]Hello! I would like a poem about an [angry/excited/disappointed/curious/other] [dragon/squid/horse/other] please! It would be best if the poem [did/didn't] rhyme and had about [5/10/15/20/other] lines. I particularly enjoy [sonnets/ballads/couplets/haiku/other]. Thank you very much! [/quote] *not necessary for successful requests. I'm aiming for a 1-2 day turnaround or quicker, if I can't do that or am struggling to complete your request I will endeavour to let you know as soon as possible. Multiple requests are a-okay with me. [left][font=Century Gothic][size=5][b]REVISIONS[/b][/size][/font] I am always happy to do revisions or edits if something is not quite right. Sometimes I might write something with the wrong 'feel'. It's a subjective art, so if you don't like what I've written, please do let me know and if I can rewrite it, I will. [b]Note:[/b] I'm British and use British spelling, it's hard to break but feel free to 'correct' if you'd like :) [left][font=Century Gothic][size=5][b]PAYMENT[/b][/size][/font] I genuinely mean pay what you like. Everything is hugely appreciated and goes towards my spare time hobby of sitting on top of my giant hoard of treasure like Smaug, but if you're broke or just don't like your poem you shouldn't feel like you have to pay. If you would like to offer payment, here are some suggestions: [LIST] [*] Handful of treasure/gems [*] Cool apparel/skins/accents [*] Interesting familiars [*] Adult dragon (will be trained and exalted) [*] Meat [*] Seafood [*] Cheap stuff from my ridiculous [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2515087#post_35044515][b]wishlist[/b][/url] [/LIST] I will not accept any payment until your poem is finished and you are happy with it. [left][font=Century Gothic][size=5][b]USE[/b][/size][/font] You can use your poem wherever you choose, on-site or off. Please leave a credit note or link back to my clan profile/this thread. Code for the unsure: [code][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2503474]Poem by Pigwidgeon[/url][/code] The poem will be yours so you are free to edit or add to it as you see fit, however unless you change everything please keep up the credit. [left][font=Century Gothic][size=5][b]CURRENTLY WORKING ON[/b][/size][/font] [LIST] [/LIST]
Z0QdfxG.png

opening up a new shop for lore also, find it here

EXAMPLES

These are all FR related, however I'm happy to have a go at anything you want.
Diamond
In the void between the stars,
among the Arcanist's avatars,
he swam between glowing comet trails;
all fiery eyes and lightning tail.
Across the universe, he swept,
until he fell to Sornieth.
Down, down, down, and there he slept.

After the dark, the dreams came.
Vein-like, flowing as roots, a flame
in liquid earth. Between shattered glass
and shifting shadows upon the grass
the thoughts took form:
a sanctuary for the Arcane
to shelter from the growing storm.

The world opened, and he dreamed
waterfalls and opalescent streams
dashing out to sea; and more:
sleeping forests of before
the ancients came.
He found the world was changed,
and still the same.
sGzSjkv.gif
Moonage
When moon rises, sleep not,
but come into the dark and see
what dances in the night, through stars,
and glides across a pitch-black sea.
Thunder follows where he goes;
wings flashing in the silver light.
A manic streak of icy fire
sleepless and keen, he hunts the night.

Eithne
Dawn rises,
and grey light fades to pink.
Fresh-yellow, bright blue,
drawn in watered ink
traced by a claw,
tongue held tight in teeth.
Eithne records in pastel,
every movement beneath
watched through violet eyes,
reflecting the sweetness of the sky.

Morning blooms,
she rests, sleeps late.
Her chamber sings with mountains
captured in chalk and paint.
MORE EXAMPLES: Lyric | Alliance | Caoimhe
For even more examples, check the thread for poetry others have commissioned, I will leave them as replies to this thread (if you would rather I PM you your poem, please let me know).
REQUESTING

open again for a little bit we'll see how we go

Send me a PM or reply here to request, please. I can work off as much or as little detail as you care to provide, however if you have something specific in mind, giving more detail helps me write something closer to what you want. Feel free to specify a length; if you don't I usually default to about 10-15 lines.

I will absolutely have a go at imitating a style you like, even if you don't know what it is. Otherwise, I'll try to pick a form that seems to suit.

There's no official form, just give me some idea of what you are looking for. A link to the dragon you want the poem for, if applicable, is great too. If you are struggling for words today, here is a helpful template*:
Quote:
Hello! I would like a poem about an [angry/excited/disappointed/curious/other] [dragon/squid/horse/other] please! It would be best if the poem [did/didn't] rhyme and had about [5/10/15/20/other] lines. I particularly enjoy [sonnets/ballads/couplets/haiku/other]. Thank you very much!

*not necessary for successful requests.

I'm aiming for a 1-2 day turnaround or quicker, if I can't do that or am struggling to complete your request I will endeavour to let you know as soon as possible.

Multiple requests are a-okay with me.
REVISIONS

I am always happy to do revisions or edits if something is not quite right. Sometimes I might write something with the wrong 'feel'. It's a subjective art, so if you don't like what I've written, please do let me know and if I can rewrite it, I will.

Note: I'm British and use British spelling, it's hard to break but feel free to 'correct' if you'd like :)
PAYMENT

I genuinely mean pay what you like. Everything is hugely appreciated and goes towards my spare time hobby of sitting on top of my giant hoard of treasure like Smaug, but if you're broke or just don't like your poem you shouldn't feel like you have to pay. If you would like to offer payment, here are some suggestions:
  • Handful of treasure/gems
  • Cool apparel/skins/accents
  • Interesting familiars
  • Adult dragon (will be trained and exalted)
  • Meat
  • Seafood
  • Cheap stuff from my ridiculous wishlist

I will not accept any payment until your poem is finished and you are happy with it.
USE

You can use your poem wherever you choose, on-site or off. Please leave a credit note or link back to my clan profile/this thread.

Code for the unsure:
Code:
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2503474]Poem by Pigwidgeon[/url]

The poem will be yours so you are free to edit or add to it as you see fit, however unless you change everything please keep up the credit.
CURRENTLY WORKING ON
@Pigwidgeon This looks really neat and I've honestly been wanting to try to support writers more.

Is there a limit to how many poems we can request for at a time?
@Pigwidgeon This looks really neat and I've honestly been wanting to try to support writers more.

Is there a limit to how many poems we can request for at a time?
tumblr_inline_nwui6x4Zpo1t7d5o3_500.gif
@FairyoftheMoon Nope, no limit. Can't see myself being inundated so for the moment, so have at it and I'll do my best! :)
@FairyoftheMoon Nope, no limit. Can't see myself being inundated so for the moment, so have at it and I'll do my best! :)
Hello! I would like a poem about a benevolent dragon please! It would be best if the poem had a mix of rhyming and had about 15 lines. Thank you very much!

He's just a very kind nature spirit that enjoys caring for animals and specifically familiars, he's the one that cares after our bestiary.

Thank you! :)
[if you need more info I am happy to provide it]
Hello! I would like a poem about a benevolent dragon please! It would be best if the poem had a mix of rhyming and had about 15 lines. Thank you very much!

He's just a very kind nature spirit that enjoys caring for animals and specifically familiars, he's the one that cares after our bestiary.

Thank you! :)
[if you need more info I am happy to provide it]
18453.png
+3 hrs
she/her
ravenclaw
infp
i love potc
@Thysteria No problem - which dragon is it for? I just like to look at colours & names and stuff x)
@Thysteria No problem - which dragon is it for? I just like to look at colours & names and stuff x)
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42723439] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/427235/42723439_350.png[/img] [/url] Oh my gosh I forgot to link him. My bad! He has a theme song + personality traits in there too lol [ignore the bottom half of his bio, it's being redone]

42723439_350.png

Oh my gosh I forgot to link him. My bad! He has a theme song + personality traits in there too lol [ignore the bottom half of his bio, it's being redone]
18453.png
+3 hrs
she/her
ravenclaw
infp
i love potc
@Pigwidgeon Okay so like... would five be okay?

I have some dragon inspired god characters that I would love to have poems for. All are very flexible in how they look and personalities have some wiggle room. I'll leave links that will lead to pictures of them and each should have a small amount of info as well.

Water | Fire | Aether | Earth | Air

If there's any questions you have let me know? Especially since the last one doesn't have as much info. As for lines and all, I'm really open to anything. I don't think I have a specific type of poem I like since it's one area of literature I haven't delved deep into outside of school.
@Pigwidgeon Okay so like... would five be okay?

I have some dragon inspired god characters that I would love to have poems for. All are very flexible in how they look and personalities have some wiggle room. I'll leave links that will lead to pictures of them and each should have a small amount of info as well.

Water | Fire | Aether | Earth | Air

If there's any questions you have let me know? Especially since the last one doesn't have as much info. As for lines and all, I'm really open to anything. I don't think I have a specific type of poem I like since it's one area of literature I haven't delved deep into outside of school.
tumblr_inline_nwui6x4Zpo1t7d5o3_500.gif
@Thysteria
How's this?
Quote:
In every tiny seed and leaf,
within the roots of every tree,
beyond the reach of mere belief,
transcending what is heard and seen,
a sentinel in forest green.

A band of creatures smell the rain,
and flock to shelter in the glade.
Roots and branches pulse like veins
to warm the air where glasswings play
among the rose and violet shade.

Sunlight fades, and blossoms lift
to raise their heads and watch him pass.
A woodsmoke trace his lasting gift,
left in imprints on the grass:
strong as roots, fragile as glass.

These secrets live in dappled light,
in the path of Akyr's flight.
@Thysteria
How's this?
Quote:
In every tiny seed and leaf,
within the roots of every tree,
beyond the reach of mere belief,
transcending what is heard and seen,
a sentinel in forest green.

A band of creatures smell the rain,
and flock to shelter in the glade.
Roots and branches pulse like veins
to warm the air where glasswings play
among the rose and violet shade.

Sunlight fades, and blossoms lift
to raise their heads and watch him pass.
A woodsmoke trace his lasting gift,
left in imprints on the grass:
strong as roots, fragile as glass.

These secrets live in dappled light,
in the path of Akyr's flight.
@FairyoftheMoon oooooh lovely characters! Leave it with me I'll have a go :)
@FairyoftheMoon oooooh lovely characters! Leave it with me I'll have a go :)
@Pigwidgeon

Oooh!! I love it SO much, thank you!!
I'll definitely be coming back for more, sending payment now <3
@Pigwidgeon

Oooh!! I love it SO much, thank you!!
I'll definitely be coming back for more, sending payment now <3
18453.png
+3 hrs
she/her
ravenclaw
infp
i love potc