Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | Painterly Gijinka/OC Portraits 200kt+
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[b]->Generally online-ish from 6:00-19:00 FR time. Might not answer outside of those times, for sleep and university reasons<-[/b] Long story short: I just came back from a long, long hiatus, I went on a dragon buying spree, and now I'm brooooke and my lair is out of room. Luckily, I know how to art, so let's see if I can become a bit less broke. ----- [center][b][size=5]Examples[/size][/b] (click on images for full view) [columns] [color=transparent]________________[/color] [nextcol] [url=https://i.imgur.com/GOlxcAZ.png][img]https://i.imgur.com/7QTWdUw.png[/img][/url] Sketch/236g [nextcol] [url=https://i.imgur.com/8yTIdQO.png][img]https://i.imgur.com/4ozFUNj.png[/img][/url] Bust/400-600g [nextcol] [url=https://i.imgur.com/da5nMs1.png][img]https://i.imgur.com/hdQZ1Dr.png[/img][/url] Painting/1200g [/columns] Busts are generally delivered with both a grey and a transparent background. Sketches and paintings are only available with solid backgrounds - grey is standard, but you can ask for a different color. ----- More art stuff can generally be found over [url=http://guardevoir.tumblr.com/tagged/guardy%27s-art][ on my tumblr ][/url], though most of what I draw for myself is considerably less fancy than what I draw for other people. More examples can also be found in the second post. ----- [b][size=5]Pricing[/size][/b] ->Gem to Treasure ratio is 1:850. Prices are only listed in gems to keep everything easy to parse and cut down on the mess, but I don't favor one currency over the other.<- [/center] [b]236g or 200,000t[/b] for sketches(!) with flat colors. [b]400g[/b] for fully shaded busts without time-intensive* patterns or apparel [b]600g[/b] for fully shaded busts with time-intensive* patterns or apparel [b]1,500g[/b] for painted, completely lineless busts. *Just ask beforehand and I'll give you an estimate. The price may fall somewhere in between those two tiers depending on complexity, too - usually in your favor. [center] Tips are always appreciated if you can afford it, but by no means necessary. More price hikes may happen in the future - I did the math, and I spend anywhere from 2 to 5 hours on a fully shaded picture, which... uh, makes for a pretty pitiful profit. ----- [center][b][size=5]Slots[/size][/b] 1 - open 2 - open 3 - closed for now because university[/center] [center][b]Done[/b] -> Mishigu x2 -> Zhimonster x2 -> onemessyperson -> ErisFei -> slp0001 -> Teekl x2 -> Shade of Chaos -> ThatCatAgain -> Azellia ---for all people above this line, the old 250/350kt/g pricing for busts still applies--- ---Many thanks to those early birds for helping me get started!---[/center][/center] ----- [center][b][size=5]Rules[/size][/b][/center] [LIST=1] [*] All requests have to abide by FR's site rules [*] I do portraits of mostly humanoids. As long as they've got a human mouth and nose, it's probably cool. I can do horns (they may count as time-intensive, though) or funky elf ears or similar not-strictly-human things, I'm mostly just really bad at drawing snouts. [*] Yes, I can do OCs, too. [*] Here's how this'll go: you reserve a slot and tell me what you want -> I confirm your offer -> (we work out details as necessary) -> I draw the thing -> I show you a heavily watermarked version of the thing -> you pay me -> you get your picture. A bit unconventional, maybe, but I hate working under pressure. -> If the design's a tad more difficult, I have to do a lot more designing myself, or the available reference is a bit ambiguous, I usually send over a sketch first, so you can double-check if we're on the same page, design-wise. -> Within reason, you can ask for changes to your picture at any stage. -> ("Within reason": If it's still the same character, you're probably good.) [*] Once you have your picture, it's yours to do with as you like, with the following exceptions: -> don't claim you drew it -> don't mass-produce it in any way -> basically, don't profit from it more than I did. Selling a dragon with the art is cool, selling the dragon for more expensive because of the art is cool, selling the dragon for *way* more expensive because of the art makes me sad -> I don't require a link back no matter where you share the art (though I do appreciate it), but if somebody asks, telling them where to find me would be cool. Not necessary, but cool. [*] Mostly, but not strictly, first-come-first serve. I may deny requests I don't quite know how to draw well, because I want you to be happy with the end result, and I may do things first if I know [i]exactly[/i] how to draw them, because it's faster. [*] Pictures will be [b]BIG[/b], probably around 1000x1000 px, likely bigger. You'll get the full-sized version, of course, but I can also send you an additional version that's resized to any dimensions you want. [*] I keep the uncompressed work files, so if you ever need different image dimensions or different background colors or whatever, just shoot me a quick message and I'll get that done for you, nbd. [/LIST] ----- [center][b][size=5]Notes RE: Gijinka Design[/size][/b] Normally, I'd take Primary as skin color, Secondary as hair color, Tertiary wherever it shows up, and use the dragon's eye color in their gijinka. If you want different colors, just tell me and we can absolutely do that. I'd also like you to mention anything else you would like me to include - specific eye and pupil shapes, hairstyles, patterns or no patterns on the face, if the dragon's face has any, personality, maybe ethnicity... you get the idea. [/center] ----- [center][b][size=5]Pinglist[/size][/b] ... is saved externally. I kinda forgot to reserve a post for it, so I'll just implement it the first time I have to use it. It exists, though, so you can ask to be put on the list.[/center] ----- [center][b][size=5]P.S.[/size][/b] You may be able to bribe me with genes, accents, all manner of elegant, airy apparel, shiny/sparkly things, or skeleton-themed dragons (if I have room, lol. Like I said, I'm pretty short on space rn). I can't guarantee that I'll accept, but asking won't hurt, just sayin'. There's a wishlist in the next post.[/center]
->Generally online-ish from 6:00-19:00 FR time. Might not answer outside of those times, for sleep and university reasons<-

Long story short: I just came back from a long, long hiatus, I went on a dragon buying spree, and now I'm brooooke and my lair is out of room.

Luckily, I know how to art, so let's see if I can become a bit less broke.

Examples
(click on images for full view)
________________ 7QTWdUw.png
Sketch/236g
4ozFUNj.png
Bust/400-600g
hdQZ1Dr.png
Painting/1200g

Busts are generally delivered with both a grey and a transparent background. Sketches and paintings are only available with solid backgrounds - grey is standard, but you can ask for a different color.

More art stuff can generally be found over [ on my tumblr ], though most of what I draw for myself is considerably less fancy than what I draw for other people.

More examples can also be found in the second post.

Pricing
->Gem to Treasure ratio is 1:850. Prices are only listed in gems to keep everything easy to parse and cut down on the mess, but I don't favor one currency over the other.<-
236g or 200,000t for sketches(!) with flat colors.
400g for fully shaded busts without time-intensive* patterns or apparel
600g for fully shaded busts with time-intensive* patterns or apparel
1,500g for painted, completely lineless busts.

*Just ask beforehand and I'll give you an estimate. The price may fall somewhere in between those two tiers depending on complexity, too - usually in your favor.
Tips are always appreciated if you can afford it, but by no means necessary.

More price hikes may happen in the future - I did the math, and I spend anywhere from 2 to 5 hours on a fully shaded picture, which... uh, makes for a pretty pitiful profit.

Slots
1 - open
2 - open
3 - closed for now because university
Done
-> Mishigu x2
-> Zhimonster x2
-> onemessyperson
-> ErisFei
-> slp0001
-> Teekl x2
-> Shade of Chaos
-> ThatCatAgain
-> Azellia
---for all people above this line, the old 250/350kt/g pricing for busts still applies---
---Many thanks to those early birds for helping me get started!---

Rules
  1. All requests have to abide by FR's site rules
  2. I do portraits of mostly humanoids. As long as they've got a human mouth and nose, it's probably cool. I can do horns (they may count as time-intensive, though) or funky elf ears or similar not-strictly-human things, I'm mostly just really bad at drawing snouts.
  3. Yes, I can do OCs, too.
  4. Here's how this'll go: you reserve a slot and tell me what you want -> I confirm your offer -> (we work out details as necessary) -> I draw the thing -> I show you a heavily watermarked version of the thing -> you pay me -> you get your picture.
    A bit unconventional, maybe, but I hate working under pressure.
    -> If the design's a tad more difficult, I have to do a lot more designing myself, or the available reference is a bit ambiguous, I usually send over a sketch first, so you can double-check if we're on the same page, design-wise.
    -> Within reason, you can ask for changes to your picture at any stage.
    -> ("Within reason": If it's still the same character, you're probably good.)
  5. Once you have your picture, it's yours to do with as you like, with the following exceptions:
    -> don't claim you drew it
    -> don't mass-produce it in any way
    -> basically, don't profit from it more than I did. Selling a dragon with the art is cool, selling the dragon for more expensive because of the art is cool, selling the dragon for *way* more expensive because of the art makes me sad
    -> I don't require a link back no matter where you share the art (though I do appreciate it), but if somebody asks, telling them where to find me would be cool. Not necessary, but cool.
  6. Mostly, but not strictly, first-come-first serve. I may deny requests I don't quite know how to draw well, because I want you to be happy with the end result, and I may do things first if I know exactly how to draw them, because it's faster.
  7. Pictures will be BIG, probably around 1000x1000 px, likely bigger. You'll get the full-sized version, of course, but I can also send you an additional version that's resized to any dimensions you want.
  8. I keep the uncompressed work files, so if you ever need different image dimensions or different background colors or whatever, just shoot me a quick message and I'll get that done for you, nbd.

Notes RE: Gijinka Design
Normally, I'd take Primary as skin color, Secondary as hair color, Tertiary wherever it shows up, and use the dragon's eye color in their gijinka.
If you want different colors, just tell me and we can absolutely do that.
I'd also like you to mention anything else you would like me to include - specific eye and pupil shapes, hairstyles, patterns or no patterns on the face, if the dragon's face has any, personality, maybe ethnicity... you get the idea.

Pinglist
... is saved externally. I kinda forgot to reserve a post for it, so I'll just implement it the first time I have to use it. It exists, though, so you can ask to be put on the list.

P.S.
You may be able to bribe me with genes, accents, all manner of elegant, airy apparel, shiny/sparkly things, or skeleton-themed dragons (if I have room, lol. Like I said, I'm pretty short on space rn). I can't guarantee that I'll accept, but asking won't hurt, just sayin'. There's a wishlist in the next post.
Illustration89.png
Wishlist
(you can totally ask me about stuff that's not on here, this is just the stuff I definitely need)

-> Genes + Breed Change Scrolls
  • Ghost gene
  • Cherub gene
  • Spinner gene
  • Capsule gene
  • Pinstripe gene
  • Trail gene
  • Skydancer breed change
  • Spiral breed change

-> Dragons
  • Male, White/Sanguine/Gold-ish, Fire or Earth eyes
  • Interesting Pinstripe/Poison/Skink/gene-with-more-colors dragons
  • Green-range dragons with matching opal
  • Interesting brown-range dragons
  • Female, Oilslick/Garnet/Oilslick, Earth or Plague eyes
  • Male, Mulberry/Sable/Gold-ish, Shadow or Arcane eyes
  • As close to Bronze/Cream/Gold as you can make it, and female.
How much of your payment a dragon counts for will be determined by comparing it to similar ones on the AH, just like everything else... unless it's *exactly* what I want, then you get art for it no matter how little it would normally be worth.

-> Accents
  • Accent: Faerie Lights
  • Accent: Lightburst Flora
  • Accent: Shining Peacock Feathers
  • Accent: Starwood Seer
  • Accent: Shimmer Trick
  • Accent: Wing Chimes
  • Accent: Mistral Sing Along
  • Accent: Shadow Within
  • Accent: Solar Protection

FAQ
Q: Did you draw that thing in your signature???
A: Ye. It's pretty old by now, too.

Q: What do you use for art?
A: Clip Studio Paint and a ten-year-old wacom tablet that was a cheapskate model by wacom standards even when it was new.

Q: How long have you been doing art?
A: Eeeeeh. Since 2008-ish? I did my best to forget my earliest attempts, so don't ask me. Unlike many people, I didn't draw much as a kid, except for geometric patterns 'n stuff. It's never too late to learn how to art, folks!

Q: Y NO LINEART PRICES???
A: Because I can't lineart, I clean up and color my sketches. The effect is the same, but calling it 'lineart' seems disingenuous.

Q: Okay, but Y NO SKETCH PRICES???
A: Because they wouldn't be much cheaper. We *can* talk about sketches, but you might not like the prices.
A2: They're here now!

Q: Why don't you have an apparel / accent wishlist?
A: Because I just came back to FR after more than two years away, I have no idea about 99% of stuff that's available, and hardly know where to start looking. Just throw apparel and accent suggestions at me and I'll tell you if anything tickles my fancy.
(/EDIT: I kinda have one now, too)
Wishlist
(you can totally ask me about stuff that's not on here, this is just the stuff I definitely need)

-> Genes + Breed Change Scrolls
  • Ghost gene
  • Cherub gene
  • Spinner gene
  • Capsule gene
  • Pinstripe gene
  • Trail gene
  • Skydancer breed change
  • Spiral breed change

-> Dragons
  • Male, White/Sanguine/Gold-ish, Fire or Earth eyes
  • Interesting Pinstripe/Poison/Skink/gene-with-more-colors dragons
  • Green-range dragons with matching opal
  • Interesting brown-range dragons
  • Female, Oilslick/Garnet/Oilslick, Earth or Plague eyes
  • Male, Mulberry/Sable/Gold-ish, Shadow or Arcane eyes
  • As close to Bronze/Cream/Gold as you can make it, and female.
How much of your payment a dragon counts for will be determined by comparing it to similar ones on the AH, just like everything else... unless it's *exactly* what I want, then you get art for it no matter how little it would normally be worth.

-> Accents
  • Accent: Faerie Lights
  • Accent: Lightburst Flora
  • Accent: Shining Peacock Feathers
  • Accent: Starwood Seer
  • Accent: Shimmer Trick
  • Accent: Wing Chimes
  • Accent: Mistral Sing Along
  • Accent: Shadow Within
  • Accent: Solar Protection

FAQ
Q: Did you draw that thing in your signature???
A: Ye. It's pretty old by now, too.

Q: What do you use for art?
A: Clip Studio Paint and a ten-year-old wacom tablet that was a cheapskate model by wacom standards even when it was new.

Q: How long have you been doing art?
A: Eeeeeh. Since 2008-ish? I did my best to forget my earliest attempts, so don't ask me. Unlike many people, I didn't draw much as a kid, except for geometric patterns 'n stuff. It's never too late to learn how to art, folks!

Q: Y NO LINEART PRICES???
A: Because I can't lineart, I clean up and color my sketches. The effect is the same, but calling it 'lineart' seems disingenuous.

Q: Okay, but Y NO SKETCH PRICES???
A: Because they wouldn't be much cheaper. We *can* talk about sketches, but you might not like the prices.
A2: They're here now!

Q: Why don't you have an apparel / accent wishlist?
A: Because I just came back to FR after more than two years away, I have no idea about 99% of stuff that's available, and hardly know where to start looking. Just throw apparel and accent suggestions at me and I'll tell you if anything tickles my fancy.
(/EDIT: I kinda have one now, too)
Illustration89.png
[center][b]Examples[/b] The dashing gentleman at the top of the thread, for one. Also, [url=http://guardevoir.tumblr.com/tagged/guardy%27s+art][ click ][/url] to go to my tumblr blog, where you can scroll through the last... huh, five years or so of my art. Then, past work from this very thread: [img]https://i.imgur.com/QPteCMI.png[/img] Original Character by Starface [img]https://i.imgur.com/T1h4n08.png[/img] Original Character by [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/39978]Zhimonster[/url] [img]https://i.imgur.com/8yTIdQO.png[/img] Gijinka of [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=105227&tab=dragon&did=39307616]Lostas[/url], commissioned by [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=105227]onemessyperson[/url] [img]https://i.imgur.com/rxRgzik.png[/img] Gijinka of [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39173713]Nuitari[/url], commissioned by [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=156097]slp0001[/url] [/center]
Examples
The dashing gentleman at the top of the thread, for one. Also, [ click ] to go to my tumblr blog, where you can scroll through the last... huh, five years or so of my art.

Then, past work from this very thread:
QPteCMI.png
Original Character by Starface

T1h4n08.png
Original Character by Zhimonster

8yTIdQO.png
Gijinka of Lostas, commissioned by onemessyperson

rxRgzik.png
Gijinka of Nuitari, commissioned by slp0001

Illustration89.png
Hi! I am involved in a character creation trade thing and I would like to get art of that character, but since I can't guarantee my person isn't on FR, would it be possible to reserve a slot and then ask for everything privately?
Hi! I am involved in a character creation trade thing and I would like to get art of that character, but since I can't guarantee my person isn't on FR, would it be possible to reserve a slot and then ask for everything privately?
Seeking art
@Guardy

I have some accents (including a few UM rare-ish ones)

Some older fest stuff? I have a few of the first year cuffs still.

Witty Jester's apparel set

Clever Jester's Apparel set

Copper Filigree Tail Guard

French Bulldog
Pomeranian

Any of this appeal to you? I have several OC's I would love to see you take a crack at
@Guardy

I have some accents (including a few UM rare-ish ones)

Some older fest stuff? I have a few of the first year cuffs still.

Witty Jester's apparel set

Clever Jester's Apparel set

Copper Filigree Tail Guard

French Bulldog
Pomeranian

Any of this appeal to you? I have several OC's I would love to see you take a crack at
gl-1430847-1570843411.jpg
@Mishigu - yep, we can do that! I've gone ahead and reserved your slot for now - we'll have to work out the details later, it's uh... way past my bedtime, to put it mildly.

@Zhimonster - I'd definitely take the witty jester set. I'd need more information about the accents, but would likely be interested. As for the festival stuff... you don't happen to have a hewn philosopher's cape lying about? Or solar blades? Dang, I really regret missing out on those.
@Mishigu - yep, we can do that! I've gone ahead and reserved your slot for now - we'll have to work out the details later, it's uh... way past my bedtime, to put it mildly.

@Zhimonster - I'd definitely take the witty jester set. I'd need more information about the accents, but would likely be interested. As for the festival stuff... you don't happen to have a hewn philosopher's cape lying about? Or solar blades? Dang, I really regret missing out on those.
Illustration89.png
@Guardy

Hello ^^ would it be possible to reserve a slot for a gijinka bust?
@Guardy

Hello ^^ would it be possible to reserve a slot for a gijinka bust?
@Guardy
I have a bunch of fest accents, so it might help if you let me know what breeds/elements you prefer loool

I have this carousel one which the only one on the AH last I checked was 1500g
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=39978&tab=dragon&did=13879933

I have a couple more UM ones if I can remember which dern dragon they are on

The two things you were most interested in though!
Witty Jester - 82 gems
Solar Blades - 364 gems
that's 446 gems which is -almost- two busts. I could tack on a little extra currency so it comes to a value of 500g? OR

I didnt have the Fest cape you want, but I have the recolor blue version?
Twilight Oracle's Guise - 49 gems
http://flightrising.com/image_generators/apparel_preview.php?i=24517&g=0&b=8

anyways! Ton of options, just lemme know whatcha want to do
@Guardy
I have a bunch of fest accents, so it might help if you let me know what breeds/elements you prefer loool

I have this carousel one which the only one on the AH last I checked was 1500g
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=39978&tab=dragon&did=13879933

I have a couple more UM ones if I can remember which dern dragon they are on

The two things you were most interested in though!
Witty Jester - 82 gems
Solar Blades - 364 gems
that's 446 gems which is -almost- two busts. I could tack on a little extra currency so it comes to a value of 500g? OR

I didnt have the Fest cape you want, but I have the recolor blue version?
Twilight Oracle's Guise - 49 gems
http://flightrising.com/image_generators/apparel_preview.php?i=24517&g=0&b=8

anyways! Ton of options, just lemme know whatcha want to do
gl-1430847-1570843411.jpg
@onemessyperson - yep, slot reserved :3 What can I do for you?

@Zhimonster - If it goes on Fae or Skydancers, I'm all ears.
Tacking on some currency would be fine by me - I'm in dire need of several genes and especially a lair expansion, hah.
@onemessyperson - yep, slot reserved :3 What can I do for you?

@Zhimonster - If it goes on Fae or Skydancers, I'm all ears.
Tacking on some currency would be fine by me - I'm in dire need of several genes and especially a lair expansion, hah.
Illustration89.png
@Guardy Thank you ^^ I'd like a Gijinka bust of this dragon: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/dressing/outfit/350243][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=39307616&skin=0&apparel=941,953,21850,21843,21849,21846,21847&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] She does not have any references however as this is the first time I'm commissioning one for her but maybe she has a mohawk hairstyle to represent the feathers on her head? I'd like for her to retain her primary and secondary color as well as her horns and markings, please. I'm very sorry if the description sounds very vague, I can rustle up some pictures for the hairstyle if you like?
@Guardy

Thank you ^^ I'd like a Gijinka bust of this dragon:

dragon?did=39307616&skin=0&apparel=941,953,21850,21843,21849,21846,21847&xt=dressing.png

She does not have any references however as this is the first time I'm commissioning one for her but maybe she has a mohawk hairstyle to represent the feathers on her head? I'd like for her to retain her primary and secondary color as well as her horns and markings, please. I'm very sorry if the description sounds very vague, I can rustle up some pictures for the hairstyle if you like?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7