Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | Athena's Lore and Poetry Shop [CLOSED]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=30450&tab=dragon&did=33220557][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/c30eglm2azyapri/watertop.png[/img][/url] [center]I am in dire need of funds [s]at the moment[/s] all the time, so I'm offering my writing services to you! [b][u]What I offer (I might add more things)[/u][/b][/center] Do you have one of those dragons in your lair whom you love but don't really know what to do with? I can write a little [b]Lore Snippet[/b] for you to give you some inspiration! [b]~40-80 words[/b] [b]Pay What You Want - I write the snippet and afterwards you pay what you think it is worth! (I'm trusting you guys on this!)[/b] I can also write a [b]Full Biography[/b] for you. You can tell me what you want to be included or give me some basic ideas and leave the rest to me. [b]~250 words[/b] [b]30kt/30g[/b] Maybe you want a [b]Story Snippet[/b] - I will write a small story about your dragon's daily life or something from their history. You can specify whether you want it written in first person or third person. [b]~300 words[/b] [b]35kt/35g[/b] Or you'd like something more artistic: A [b]Poem[/b], maybe? Depending on what you want, it can be more experimental in style or classic and in rhymes. [b]Length varies[/b] [b]Price varies[/b] [center]Examples for my writing can be viewed below! [b][u]Rules[/u][/b][/center] 1. For everything except the lore snippets, I will ask for the payment upfront. 2. I will always try to finish your commission as fast as possible. How fast exactly that will be depends on a few factors, but I tend to need about two days (depending on how kindly college is treating me.) If I notice that I will need longer than a week, I will contact you again and you will get a full refund if you decide that the waiting time is too long. 3. Please be respectful! I'm not a perfect being (nobody is) and I might make mistakes or get things confused. If something goes wrong, I will do my best to resolve it. Just please keep in mind that I'm also only human and have a life outside of FR! I will always try to get back to you as fast as possible though. 4. And, very importantly: Please credit me when you use my lore in bios or somewhere else! Thank you! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=30450&tab=dragon&did=33220557][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/lh460zuyxcuwcuq/watermid.png[/img][/url]
watertop.png
I am in dire need of funds at the moment all the time, so I'm offering my writing services to you!

What I offer (I might add more things)

Do you have one of those dragons in your lair whom you love but don't really know what to do with? I can write a little Lore Snippet for you to give you some inspiration!
~40-80 words
Pay What You Want - I write the snippet and afterwards you pay what you think it is worth! (I'm trusting you guys on this!)

I can also write a Full Biography for you. You can tell me what you want to be included or give me some basic ideas and leave the rest to me.
~250 words
30kt/30g

Maybe you want a Story Snippet - I will write a small story about your dragon's daily life or something from their history. You can specify whether you want it written in first person or third person.
~300 words
35kt/35g

Or you'd like something more artistic: A Poem, maybe? Depending on what you want, it can be more experimental in style or classic and in rhymes.
Length varies
Price varies
Examples for my writing can be viewed below!

Rules

1. For everything except the lore snippets, I will ask for the payment upfront.

2. I will always try to finish your commission as fast as possible. How fast exactly that will be depends on a few factors, but I tend to need about two days (depending on how kindly college is treating me.) If I notice that I will need longer than a week, I will contact you again and you will get a full refund if you decide that the waiting time is too long.

3. Please be respectful! I'm not a perfect being (nobody is) and I might make mistakes or get things confused. If something goes wrong, I will do my best to resolve it. Just please keep in mind that I'm also only human and have a life outside of FR! I will always try to get back to you as fast as possible though.

4. And, very importantly: Please credit me when you use my lore in bios or somewhere else! Thank you!

watermid.png
ZVpCPil.png
[size=6][font=cambria][i][color=#180F5F][u]Examples[/u][/color][/i][/font][/size] [u][b]Lore Snippet[/b][/u] [quote]A truly enchanting dragon that can allure listeners with her gentle voice. She sees the future in reflections on the water and shares her knowledge with everyone who gives her something in exchange. Has a love for collecting interesting trinkets and exhibiting them in her lair. [/quote] [quote]A very nosy dragon who likes to stick his nose into things that aren't his business. His curiosity is unstoppable and he loves gossip just as much as tinkering with machines. He can dismantle and repair practically anything and has some prophetic talent, even if it's very weak. [/quote] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=30450&tab=dragon&did=33220557][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/lh460zuyxcuwcuq/watermid.png[/img][/url] [u][b]Full Biography[/b][/u] [quote]Asha is the clan's head scientist and technician. He basically set up the laboratories all on his own, experiments with both ancient and modern technology and manages the scientific branch of the clan. He's the one who built Coriolane's wing protheses and is responsible for a large part of the clan's wealth with his innovations. The technicians and mechanics respect him greatly for his skills. On the other hand, he can also be a difficult dragon to work with. His hyperactivity and excitable nature baffle many who meet him the first time, even if they should be somewhat prepared for it (he is a Spiral dragon after all). Most of his awake time is spent on his inventions and sometimes he doesn't leave his lab for days on end. There are stories going around of him being found sleeping in the strangest places all over the laboratories. Asha also has a bit of a hoarding problem. This is especially apparent for all cute things, as those are Asha's biggest weakness. Tales of the Spiral appearing seemingly out of nowhere to snatch away some unfortunate clanmate's dinner because he deems it 'too cute to be eaten' are a constant source of hilarity for everyone living on the Thonis Atoll. He loves and treasures his little menagerie of adorable familiars and gets very, very upset when somebody suggests eating them. [/quote] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=30450&tab=dragon&did=33220557][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/lh460zuyxcuwcuq/watermid.png[/img][/url] [u][b]Story Snippet[/b][/u] [quote]Coriolane stepped off the ship over the wooden plank onto the soft sand of one of the atoll's beaches. She and the other two dragons of her party, Ethera and Izhath, had just returned from yet another trip to the Beastclan territories with many traded and won raw materials and crafted objects in their luggage. They had travelled back to the clan on a ship manned by Snappers on their way to the Spiral Keep. "Just like when I came here first," Coriolane mused and reveled in the memories for a moment. She was brought back to the present by a nudge from Ethera. The Nocturne gestured over to the huts on the beach from where a bright blue Spiral was approaching fastly. The form unmistakably belonged to Asha, the head scientist. His movements were agitated and spread across his snout were the ashy remains of yet another exploded experiment. As soon as he reached the little group, he started bombarding them with questions. "Coriolane! How did it go? Are your wings okay? Let me see them! Do I need to make any repairs?" He had already grabbed her left wing and started inspecting the mechanical framework. Coriolane just sighed and let him. Her mind already wandered to her comfy little cave and her best friend Blumiose while Asha continued babbling to himself. Ethera and Izhath bid her goodbye and ventured off towards the entranceway to the undersea parts of the lair. Coriolane looked after them longingly, but she knew she wouldn't get rid of Asha that soon. She would also have to check if all of their luggage had been loaded off the ship before she could get some rest. She was also considering to go visit the hatchery before laying down in her nice little cave. She couldn't wait to meet the cute little hatchlings that must have hatched during the weeks she was away. Next to her, Asha retrieved some tools from one of his bags and started tinkering with one of her wing supporters. "Can't that wait until later?" she asked a little more rudely than she intended. "Noooooope," was the Spiral's answer and Coriolane sighed once more. This could take a while.[/quote] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=30450&tab=dragon&did=33220557][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/lh460zuyxcuwcuq/watermid.png[/img][/url] [u][b]Poetry[/b][/u] [quote=A Love Note, Written In Deep Winter]Oh Winter, I love how you embrace the land In loving arms of frost and gleaming snowflakes, That bloom like glacial fragile flowers in my hand. Your breath brings clarity and breaks The fever-heights of Summer’s meaningless demands. I love your song that’s carried in the wind, When sitting at the window, writing how My restless heart is yearning for a hint Encroached in a futile, frantic show. Oh, how I wish I had your words so kind. I watch as snow grows on my windowsill, As fields are blanketed in lace. Heavy is my hand that holds the quill, And blank the paper that won’t fill in any pace: Once again, I must give up my effort still. With a sigh, my hands will close the heavy tome, The candle-flame dies, the oven flickers out. And gentler winds of Spring will guide me home. I’ll stay there waiting, closing eyes, devout Until my dear-beloved once again will roam.[/quote] [quote]Behold, behold the light-blessed child Who carries sunset on her wings, Down on her the heaven smiles And with her laugh, the soft light sings. Blessing brought by radiance fair, The keeper of a sacred name, To sun and night beloved heir, Most honourable bright young dame. Poetry in every move, Proudly guiding knowledge’s flame, Benevolence’s most lovely proof, This lady, lauded be her name![/quote] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=30450&tab=dragon&did=33220557][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6ibsi0ojsdsg0pd/waterbottom.png[/img][/url]
Examples

Lore Snippet
Quote:
A truly enchanting dragon that can allure listeners with her gentle voice. She sees the future in reflections on the water and shares her knowledge with everyone who gives her something in exchange. Has a love for collecting interesting trinkets and exhibiting them in her lair.
Quote:
A very nosy dragon who likes to stick his nose into things that aren't his business. His curiosity is unstoppable and he loves gossip just as much as tinkering with machines. He can dismantle and repair practically anything and has some prophetic talent, even if it's very weak.

watermid.png

Full Biography
Quote:
Asha is the clan's head scientist and technician. He basically set up the laboratories all on his own, experiments with both ancient and modern technology and manages the scientific branch of the clan. He's the one who built Coriolane's wing protheses and is responsible for a large part of the clan's wealth with his innovations. The technicians and mechanics respect him greatly for his skills.

On the other hand, he can also be a difficult dragon to work with. His hyperactivity and excitable nature baffle many who meet him the first time, even if they should be somewhat prepared for it (he is a Spiral dragon after all). Most of his awake time is spent on his inventions and sometimes he doesn't leave his lab for days on end. There are stories going around of him being found sleeping in the strangest places all over the laboratories.

Asha also has a bit of a hoarding problem. This is especially apparent for all cute things, as those are Asha's biggest weakness. Tales of the Spiral appearing seemingly out of nowhere to snatch away some unfortunate clanmate's dinner because he deems it 'too cute to be eaten' are a constant source of hilarity for everyone living on the Thonis Atoll. He loves and treasures his little menagerie of adorable familiars and gets very, very upset when somebody suggests eating them.

watermid.png

Story Snippet
Quote:
Coriolane stepped off the ship over the wooden plank onto the soft sand of one of the atoll's beaches. She and the other two dragons of her party, Ethera and Izhath, had just returned from yet another trip to the Beastclan territories with many traded and won raw materials and crafted objects in their luggage. They had travelled back to the clan on a ship manned by Snappers on their way to the Spiral Keep. "Just like when I came here first," Coriolane mused and reveled in the memories for a moment.

She was brought back to the present by a nudge from Ethera. The Nocturne gestured over to the huts on the beach from where a bright blue Spiral was approaching fastly.
The form unmistakably belonged to Asha, the head scientist. His movements were agitated and spread across his snout were the ashy remains of yet another exploded experiment. As soon as he reached the little group, he started bombarding them with questions.
"Coriolane! How did it go? Are your wings okay? Let me see them! Do I need to make any repairs?" He had already grabbed her left wing and started inspecting the mechanical framework. Coriolane just sighed and let him. Her mind already wandered to her comfy little cave and her best friend Blumiose while Asha continued babbling to himself.

Ethera and Izhath bid her goodbye and ventured off towards the entranceway to the undersea parts of the lair. Coriolane looked after them longingly, but she knew she wouldn't get rid of Asha that soon. She would also have to check if all of their luggage had been loaded off the ship before she could get some rest. She was also considering to go visit the hatchery before laying down in her nice little cave. She couldn't wait to meet the cute little hatchlings that must have hatched during the weeks she was away.
Next to her, Asha retrieved some tools from one of his bags and started tinkering with one of her wing supporters. "Can't that wait until later?" she asked a little more rudely than she intended.
"Noooooope," was the Spiral's answer and Coriolane sighed once more. This could take a while.

watermid.png

Poetry
A Love Note, Written In Deep Winter wrote:
Oh Winter, I love how you embrace the land
In loving arms of frost and gleaming snowflakes,
That bloom like glacial fragile flowers in my hand.
Your breath brings clarity and breaks
The fever-heights of Summer’s meaningless demands.

I love your song that’s carried in the wind,
When sitting at the window, writing how
My restless heart is yearning for a hint
Encroached in a futile, frantic show.
Oh, how I wish I had your words so kind.

I watch as snow grows on my windowsill,
As fields are blanketed in lace.
Heavy is my hand that holds the quill,
And blank the paper that won’t fill in any pace:
Once again, I must give up my effort still.

With a sigh, my hands will close the heavy tome,
The candle-flame dies, the oven flickers out.
And gentler winds of Spring will guide me home.
I’ll stay there waiting, closing eyes, devout
Until my dear-beloved once again will roam.
Quote:
Behold, behold the light-blessed child
Who carries sunset on her wings,
Down on her the heaven smiles
And with her laugh, the soft light sings.

Blessing brought by radiance fair,
The keeper of a sacred name,
To sun and night beloved heir,
Most honourable bright young dame.

Poetry in every move,
Proudly guiding knowledge’s flame,
Benevolence’s most lovely proof,
This lady, lauded be her name!

waterbottom.png
ZVpCPil.png
Affiliates
Affiliates
ZVpCPil.png
@AthenaCorvus Would you be up for doing some limericks? I'd love to get one for my light rep Luz... [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32255561] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/322556/32255561_350.png[/img] [/url][/center]
@AthenaCorvus

Would you be up for doing some limericks? I'd love to get one for my light rep Luz...
ltJ5mcI.pnghH3TYEB.png2WQJzK9.pngHI158KK.png
@HereBeeDragons

Hello, and thank you for your interest in my shop!
While I must say I have no experience writing Limericks, I'm willing to give it a go! If you're still interested, you can PM me for the details and we can work something out.
@HereBeeDragons

Hello, and thank you for your interest in my shop!
While I must say I have no experience writing Limericks, I'm willing to give it a go! If you're still interested, you can PM me for the details and we can work something out.
ZVpCPil.png
Bump as the shop is open again!
Bump as the shop is open again!
ZVpCPil.png
@AthenaCorvus Heya i was wondering if i could get a snippet for this guy here, i could do with some sort of inspiration. He is part of a lore, given that he's a 4th gen naomi descendent (theres notes on that in his bio, nothing specific realting to him) I just need something to work with. Probably prefer something darkish, but can always play about lol. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36387582] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/363876/36387582_350.png[/img] [/url]
@AthenaCorvus

Heya i was wondering if i could get a snippet for this guy here, i could do with some sort of inspiration. He is part of a lore, given that he's a 4th gen naomi descendent (theres notes on that in his bio, nothing specific realting to him) I just need something to work with. Probably prefer something darkish, but can always play about lol.

36387582_350.png
signatureadversion1_orig.png
@Returu
Quote:
A dragon who doesn't talk much and seems to be searching for something. Just being in close proximity to Lure can fill other dragons with great and irrational terror. The Fae spends his days trying to strengthen his powers. He doesn't remember much about where he came from, but he feels an inexplicable pull to somewhere in the Crystalspine Reaches...
On a lighter note, he is totally addicted to potash peaches.

I hope this is what you had in mind and it helps you with the lore a bit! Please PM me with the payment you want to give.
@Returu
Quote:
A dragon who doesn't talk much and seems to be searching for something. Just being in close proximity to Lure can fill other dragons with great and irrational terror. The Fae spends his days trying to strengthen his powers. He doesn't remember much about where he came from, but he feels an inexplicable pull to somewhere in the Crystalspine Reaches...
On a lighter note, he is totally addicted to potash peaches.

I hope this is what you had in mind and it helps you with the lore a bit! Please PM me with the payment you want to give.
ZVpCPil.png
@AthenaCorvus -
Might you be interested?
@AthenaCorvus -
Might you be interested?
Dear IKTR: Fandragons are in my den! Sometimes there's a few stragglers in my lair.
mancave_banner.png

MANGENTA.png
@Spooner

I would try and give it a go if you haven't found anyone else yet!
@Spooner

I would try and give it a go if you haven't found anyone else yet!
ZVpCPil.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22