Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | Firefly In a Bottle (closed)
1 2 ... 113 114 115 116 117 ... 125 126
@OasisOfDragons - mmm...these questions are definitely not easy for me to answer! but i'll try to as best as i can.

a) i'm not sure? i draw ALL the time and practice got me to where i am, i guess. i've been drawing casually since i was a small kid so i think i got that to lean back on. i actually got "into" drawing more these past couple of years and the start was rough as heck

b) i think my biggest tip is practice, practice, practice. use references because they sure as heck help even though i should use them more. try drawing everyday if you can. me opening a shop helped because i could draw a whole different kinds of characters for a reward (gems, items and $$). sometimes i would get tired of drawing fanart all the time on my own...

for dragons, i really love animals so i take a lot of how they look and mix them into my art when i draw dragons. so i'd totally look at animals and try to incorporate them into your mythical creatures. i always had a thing for dragons so that helped. imps = wolves/deer, coatls = ball pythons, tundras = big cats. depending on the personality of the dragon i tweak the designs.

for humans...i'm not sure. you have to keep drawing them to get decent at them and use refs if you can. proportions are wack for us and i know i still have tons of trouble with them! i know people say 'use references!!' a lot but they seriously help. and drawing as much as you can does too. even if it's a crappy doodle on the side of your school work or whatever.

art is hard and frustrating and sometimes people want to give up, but i dont think you should and you'll eventually get where you want to if you keep going. like most everything else you have to put work into it!
@OasisOfDragons - mmm...these questions are definitely not easy for me to answer! but i'll try to as best as i can.

a) i'm not sure? i draw ALL the time and practice got me to where i am, i guess. i've been drawing casually since i was a small kid so i think i got that to lean back on. i actually got "into" drawing more these past couple of years and the start was rough as heck

b) i think my biggest tip is practice, practice, practice. use references because they sure as heck help even though i should use them more. try drawing everyday if you can. me opening a shop helped because i could draw a whole different kinds of characters for a reward (gems, items and $$). sometimes i would get tired of drawing fanart all the time on my own...

for dragons, i really love animals so i take a lot of how they look and mix them into my art when i draw dragons. so i'd totally look at animals and try to incorporate them into your mythical creatures. i always had a thing for dragons so that helped. imps = wolves/deer, coatls = ball pythons, tundras = big cats. depending on the personality of the dragon i tweak the designs.

for humans...i'm not sure. you have to keep drawing them to get decent at them and use refs if you can. proportions are wack for us and i know i still have tons of trouble with them! i know people say 'use references!!' a lot but they seriously help. and drawing as much as you can does too. even if it's a crappy doodle on the side of your school work or whatever.

art is hard and frustrating and sometimes people want to give up, but i dont think you should and you'll eventually get where you want to if you keep going. like most everything else you have to put work into it!
Thanks so much!!
Thanks so much!!
nUJRY.gif1zAt3.gifQigzw.gifYCdsr.gif
@Psycho Hi! Hey, I was wondering if I could change the dragon image for my slot? I've decided to breed/gene/outfit change the dragon I wanted to use to this: [img]https://i.imgur.com/XVoWnAS.png[/img] Is that all right?
@Psycho

Hi! Hey, I was wondering if I could change the dragon image for my slot? I've decided to breed/gene/outfit change the dragon I wanted to use to this:

XVoWnAS.png

Is that all right?
                              ONhwlz1.gif
Hi! I'm Sloan
'91, ??, FR+2
Tritype 459     
@Subdued - of course!! that is totally fine :o thank you for letting me know! <3
@Subdued - of course!! that is totally fine :o thank you for letting me know! <3
oh my g o D this art is beautFuL aaAaAAAAAAAAA

sorry dont mind me im just geeking out how pretty everything is
oh my g o D this art is beautFuL aaAaAAAAAAAAA

sorry dont mind me im just geeking out how pretty everything is
windshieldr.pngwindb1.pngwindshieldl.png
@Psycho

Could I be added to the pinglist please?
@Psycho

Could I be added to the pinglist please?
RKsoJ3A.png
@Psycho I'd love to be added to your pinglist <3
@Psycho I'd love to be added to your pinglist <3
76672981_pcSZwr13fZaPWfI.png
@Psycho Could I be added to the pinglist please? ^^
@Psycho Could I be added to the pinglist please? ^^
T2dQwoe.png jGUvBrP.png
@Psycho please add me to the pinglist too :>
@Psycho please add me to the pinglist too :>
@Psycho
Like everyone above me, could I get added to the pinglist? Your art is absolutely stunning! *O*
@Psycho
Like everyone above me, could I get added to the pinglist? Your art is absolutely stunning! *O*
XspcLpa.gif
accent shop
audobon society
art shop
g1 sales
1 2 ... 113 114 115 116 117 ... 125 126