Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | Min's Mini Loreshop - Bio Writing
1 2 3 4

Byggir
Verdigris Patina
For @chocoapple

Byggir was the firstborn son of two dragons in the Lightbeam Ruins, but that time and place is long forgotten. It was forgotten when that light ceased and bright eyes closed on the world, and life came to its end.

But, not forever, as is the usual case. The dappled lights of the ruins were replaced with the pulsating storms of the Shifting Expanse by the meddling and industrious hand of Kopar, who secured this particular unnamed corpse from her clan's Undertaker. Questions needn't be raised about how such an arrangement came to be made. The end result was the mechanical wonder, Byggir, who came to serve as a much-needed assistant for Kopar, as she had previously suffered injuries which slowed her work considerably. More than that, however, he also became her a companion and mate.

The two of them work as mechanical engineers. Byggir is kept in operation with the focused use of Lightning magic. His primary task in the clan is keeping the power on, securing the necessary resources to extend and maintain the electrical grid. It's a demanding job, but he still makes time for personal projects. He enjoys experimenting with the creation of other small golems, animated by the same forces which renewed his life. Byggir himself is more machine than dragon.

The mechanical parts which make up most of his body can be somewhat delicate and must be carefully maintained. Most of the material used for these parts is copper and corrosion is a somewhat omnipresent threat, and not just to Byggir himself.

Care must be taken to ensure that none of the dragons who work with Byggir are poisoned by the copper in his body, or that which he uses for his work. In spite of this, there have been dangerous events. The use of untreated or damaged copper tools and pipes resulting in several of Byggir and Kopar's subordinates falling ill and significant corrosive damage affecting both of them.

But as time goes on, knowledge is gained, and the two are a clever pair, always improving their methods to craft more effective devices and safer and more efficient infrastructure. Byggir now makes use of special materials as an outer coating to protect his mechanical parts which are vulnerable to corrosion, as well as to protect others from the very same.

Phew! Sorry for taking so long on this one. I just didn't want to give up on it, but it was a little harder than I expected to get going.

Byggir
Verdigris Patina
For @chocoapple

Byggir was the firstborn son of two dragons in the Lightbeam Ruins, but that time and place is long forgotten. It was forgotten when that light ceased and bright eyes closed on the world, and life came to its end.

But, not forever, as is the usual case. The dappled lights of the ruins were replaced with the pulsating storms of the Shifting Expanse by the meddling and industrious hand of Kopar, who secured this particular unnamed corpse from her clan's Undertaker. Questions needn't be raised about how such an arrangement came to be made. The end result was the mechanical wonder, Byggir, who came to serve as a much-needed assistant for Kopar, as she had previously suffered injuries which slowed her work considerably. More than that, however, he also became her a companion and mate.

The two of them work as mechanical engineers. Byggir is kept in operation with the focused use of Lightning magic. His primary task in the clan is keeping the power on, securing the necessary resources to extend and maintain the electrical grid. It's a demanding job, but he still makes time for personal projects. He enjoys experimenting with the creation of other small golems, animated by the same forces which renewed his life. Byggir himself is more machine than dragon.

The mechanical parts which make up most of his body can be somewhat delicate and must be carefully maintained. Most of the material used for these parts is copper and corrosion is a somewhat omnipresent threat, and not just to Byggir himself.

Care must be taken to ensure that none of the dragons who work with Byggir are poisoned by the copper in his body, or that which he uses for his work. In spite of this, there have been dangerous events. The use of untreated or damaged copper tools and pipes resulting in several of Byggir and Kopar's subordinates falling ill and significant corrosive damage affecting both of them.

But as time goes on, knowledge is gained, and the two are a clever pair, always improving their methods to craft more effective devices and safer and more efficient infrastructure. Byggir now makes use of special materials as an outer coating to protect his mechanical parts which are vulnerable to corrosion, as well as to protect others from the very same.

Phew! Sorry for taking so long on this one. I just didn't want to give up on it, but it was a little harder than I expected to get going.
bird115702.gif Shops:
Visual Art
Accents
Lore Dragons
Bio Writing
dbatlo8-f76069b5-a213-48ac-a09d-7699704c12a9.png Lore & Projects:
Shade's Witness
Scarwind Fae Colony
Ichorus Line
[LF] Art
dbatlo8-f76069b5-a213-48ac-a09d-7699704c12a9.png Formerly @GennyWar
+3 FR Time
Hatchling Letters appreciated
My Pronouns are ~Braindead~ (any/all)

Minstri not Ministri (careful with Pings)
@chocoapple I really like this one, so I have a lot of ideas. But first...

I have a few questions as I begin. I started off with some research into copper toxicity, and it appears the largest cause of this is due to ingesting quantities of copper due to the use of copper cookware (with no coating), or in tainted water (esp. via copper pipes). Merely being around a lot of copper isn't particularly harmful. That said, industrial work where copper parts might be ground into a fine dust (such as during sanding) can lead to issues as well. Fumes from melting copper seem to be no more dangerous than the fumes from melting other metals (which is to say, still a little dangerous). Waste products from industry which make use of copper can also be dangerous, but those are usually compounds that aren't like... solid metal copper.

For golems or machinery, their copper parts would be unlikely to pose much risk, but working with copper materials in an industrial setting would. Coating copper as you suggested, might also prevent the Verdigris Patina (green discoloration) of the surface, which is so nicely shown with your dragon's opal gene.

Is his wife also a golem/construct, or did she create him? Or does he just like her very much ("his reason for existence")? I was thinking it would be fun for him to be her creation. Or that she made him help care for her in some capacity, or help her with mechanical and engineering work.

Is he wholly artificial, or does he in some way incorporate some parts of a living or previously living dragon (either as a cyborg, or resurrected figure, or being a construct animated with the captured soul of a dragon). A living dragon with copper parts would be in far greater danger of copper toxicity, if that is a facet you want to incorporate into the story, either for Byggir or his wife.
@chocoapple I really like this one, so I have a lot of ideas. But first...

I have a few questions as I begin. I started off with some research into copper toxicity, and it appears the largest cause of this is due to ingesting quantities of copper due to the use of copper cookware (with no coating), or in tainted water (esp. via copper pipes). Merely being around a lot of copper isn't particularly harmful. That said, industrial work where copper parts might be ground into a fine dust (such as during sanding) can lead to issues as well. Fumes from melting copper seem to be no more dangerous than the fumes from melting other metals (which is to say, still a little dangerous). Waste products from industry which make use of copper can also be dangerous, but those are usually compounds that aren't like... solid metal copper.

For golems or machinery, their copper parts would be unlikely to pose much risk, but working with copper materials in an industrial setting would. Coating copper as you suggested, might also prevent the Verdigris Patina (green discoloration) of the surface, which is so nicely shown with your dragon's opal gene.

Is his wife also a golem/construct, or did she create him? Or does he just like her very much ("his reason for existence")? I was thinking it would be fun for him to be her creation. Or that she made him help care for her in some capacity, or help her with mechanical and engineering work.

Is he wholly artificial, or does he in some way incorporate some parts of a living or previously living dragon (either as a cyborg, or resurrected figure, or being a construct animated with the captured soul of a dragon). A living dragon with copper parts would be in far greater danger of copper toxicity, if that is a facet you want to incorporate into the story, either for Byggir or his wife.
bird115702.gif Shops:
Visual Art
Accents
Lore Dragons
Bio Writing
Shade's Witness
Scarwind Fae Colony
Ichorus Line
[LF] Art
+3 FR Time

@Minstri

Yes! As far as copper toxicity, while its few it was those that worked with them (like 3 workers) that got sick. And it was actually from bad care to old copper tubes that brought up their tap water. After dealing with that, the water that got on both of them started effecting them, hence the coating afterwards. (Sorry should have mentioned that part and not left it vague)

Kopar is fully living except for her limbs and left wing. She was in a bad accident with lightning and replaced parts of her body that had complete nerve damage with what she had. (copper, wires, string, and more. She's currently working on upgrades.) She created Byggir after about a year due to being behind on projects and knowing she couldn't work efficiently like this in her current state. Having him as a partner is nice.

And he was reanimated, but most of his body (say about 80%) was replaced with parts. Kopar got the body from my undertaker (still writing lore for her.) And after completing him and waking him up, he remembers nothing of his past life. As far as toxicity to him, he's constantly checking that coating so its not a threat.

Yeah, Kopar is... odd. (Like who the heck just "makes" a partner?) But she is all about giving others second chances. And she is a good, mad scientist in a way.

Maybe as an extra tidbit, if Kopar is sick/ unable to help Byggir with repairs on himself, Loris steps in and helps. (He's an engineer, not just blacksmith. I'm still making job cards.)

If you have any other questions, please let me know!
@Minstri

Yes! As far as copper toxicity, while its few it was those that worked with them (like 3 workers) that got sick. And it was actually from bad care to old copper tubes that brought up their tap water. After dealing with that, the water that got on both of them started effecting them, hence the coating afterwards. (Sorry should have mentioned that part and not left it vague)

Kopar is fully living except for her limbs and left wing. She was in a bad accident with lightning and replaced parts of her body that had complete nerve damage with what she had. (copper, wires, string, and more. She's currently working on upgrades.) She created Byggir after about a year due to being behind on projects and knowing she couldn't work efficiently like this in her current state. Having him as a partner is nice.

And he was reanimated, but most of his body (say about 80%) was replaced with parts. Kopar got the body from my undertaker (still writing lore for her.) And after completing him and waking him up, he remembers nothing of his past life. As far as toxicity to him, he's constantly checking that coating so its not a threat.

Yeah, Kopar is... odd. (Like who the heck just "makes" a partner?) But she is all about giving others second chances. And she is a good, mad scientist in a way.

Maybe as an extra tidbit, if Kopar is sick/ unable to help Byggir with repairs on himself, Loris steps in and helps. (He's an engineer, not just blacksmith. I'm still making job cards.)

If you have any other questions, please let me know!
cGpFABG.pngo175-d02-Tuath.pngo306-d01-Tuath.pngo306-d02-Tuath.pngo306-d03-Tuath.pngo175-d01-Tuath.pngo175-d03-Tuath.pngTTH4.pngTTH3.pngo175-d11-Tuath.pngo175-d13-Tuath.pngo175-d15-Tuath.pngo175-d14-Tuath.pngx4cXPgB.pngo175-d12-Tuath.pngFvbaFhQ.png1RnuwcB.png5PhiNKS.pngl6-s3-l6-book.pngl6-s3-s3-book.pngB18_R.png
yym0GF5.png
I'd love to get some new lore done! And I'd like to buy in gems. [b]Username:[/b] MadmDragonfly [b]Dragon's Name:[/b] Samson [b]Link/preview of Dragon:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29212568] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/292126/29212568_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Details:[/b] Samson's story is pretty much a blank slate. I snatched him off the AH at fodder prices quite a while ago. He was just too handsome to see exalted. I have been struggling to find him a mate, though I took a peek at your pretty girl Erytheia on your other thread and I think she might be just the one for him. I'll hit you up over there. Anyway, so far he has just been hanging around, trying to find his role. Maybe you can help with that?
I'd love to get some new lore done! And I'd like to buy in gems.

Username: MadmDragonfly
Dragon's Name: Samson
Link/preview of Dragon:

29212568_350.png

Details: Samson's story is pretty much a blank slate. I snatched him off the AH at fodder prices quite a while ago. He was just too handsome to see exalted. I have been struggling to find him a mate, though I took a peek at your pretty girl Erytheia on your other thread and I think she might be just the one for him. I'll hit you up over there.

Anyway, so far he has just been hanging around, trying to find his role. Maybe you can help with that?

Samson
Story of the Stone-Seer
For @MadmDragonfly

From Strange Roots Sprouted
Samson was but one of a multitude of children born to Elessar and Osha within the grim expanse of the Scarred Wasteland. Each a jewel of brilliance perhaps scarcely seen in the Plagebringer's domain. But within that glittering collective, Samson was of very little note. He would not be able to aspire to high rank and favor or gain much wealth within his large family and clan. Indeed, throughout his childhood, he has not even a formalized name. None of his brothers and sisters had names either, those were things to be earned, and not many did, it seemed. So as quickly as he was able, he slipped away from his family and searched throughout the farther reaches of his homeland. It was only with the new perspective gained from the outside that he discovered what a strange enclave his family had been. His departure itself was not without consequences, and he got out at a good time, as the organization within that territory dissolved and his parents relocated to the distant ruins of Light to begin anew.

He did not think to concern himself with those things. The history of his family and how they came to live where they did mattered nothing to the handsome, jeweled Coatl in a newer and wider world.

History Neglected
Samson spent his time as a wanderer. He had few skills of value but was smart and strong enough to get by on odd jobs and basic hunting skills. He took on many names as he traveled until one stuck suitably well - Samson. He had just begun to get used to that being his name and having a name when trouble caught him up.

He had met a jeweler, a pearlcatcher named Shul who lived in a small clan. For Shul, Samson ran deliveries, as Shul was skilled in his craft and could make a fair living selling his goods. But Shul was old and ugly and not disposed to travel. So Samson sold the jewelry and craft on his behalf. In return, Shul taught Samson some of his craft and gave the young coatl a small cut of the profits. While traveling out to the market one morning, Samson stopped. He had felt a sudden and strange sense of dread. He unslung his pack and checked within to look upon Shul's goods, feeling certain that they had been stolen, but they were not stolen, all were there and accounted for. He shrugged this off and proceeded on with his business. When he returned to Shul a few days later, however, he found the workshop ransacked, and the old jeweler was gone, as were all his most precious stones. Samson set out immediately to try and find Shul, but the rest of his clan seemed to think it was a lost cause, and none cared to venture into the Boneyard for fear of something unknown. Samson never found Shul, but did find the old dragon's pearl.

Samson found the pearl and the jewels all strewn across the ground in a haphazard way. When he reached them and began to pick them up, he felt another wave of dread and recognized the way the stones were scattered. The same as stars in one singular season, same as a map on the ceiling of the brood chambers where he was born. An instant later he was fighting for his life against a phantom thing which came upon him then. Each time it moved between the stones it became visible briefly. It did not seem able to cope with being seen and was run off quickly because of this.

Once all was settled, Samson gathered the jewels and the old pearl to take back to Shul's family. As he did, counting each like counting stars, he knew Shul had seen the thing before, and come out here to set a trap for it. He counted stars and glints in the jewels and thought they looked familiar to him. That was the same familiarity he had known when the phantom thing attacked him. It had followed him. But he did not know what it was or why or even how he knew these things. He could never know because he had left it all behind and never concerned himself with it.

Colorburst Seer
Shul's tribe did not take the jewels when Samson tried to return them, not even the craftsman's pearl. They said the jewels were cursed, and it was Samson's task to take them as far away as possible. He was not so certain about their judgment upon the stones but took them anyway. He found he liked having them. As time went on he traded and collected for more. Each one seemed to open a tiny window through which he could peer and see unknown things. New things only, he could never divine the past. Sometimes he thought he caught glimpses of the Phantom Thief, and sometimes gemstones and jewels did go missing.

Samson kept the Pearl for a long time and found that by studying it, he could study Shul's craft, and mastered the cutting, shaping, and artistry which the jewelry had possessed. Each alteration Samson made to a stone could change its power and meaning and the secrets it contained. With them he learned to craft not only beautiful apparel but powerful auguries of color and light.

Jeweled Dragonfly
Of course, he did not learn all of this while a wanderer on the road, though he remained that way for quite some time. He was only able to truly come into his craft once he managed to claim a home for himself. His future secure, even if his past could never be.

He came of course, to the place where all wanderers do, as the Windsinger adores those who walk the winding roads and flit through the endless sky. For their stories create the most colorful and glittering tapestry. He came to settle within the territory of the Dragonfly Clan. His creations are of great use to Sunrise in their most mundane application, but they are also imbued with subtle magics capable of bestowing boons of Knowing and limited foresight. He can craft trades tools for mages and other seers as well.

Still, there is always the nagging things which he can never know, and the strange thief which follows behind him.

Gemstone Blossoms
Samson crafted himself a rose made from rose quartz, and in it he saw a wilting and withering garden. The vision had for him an urgency which he could not ignore, and he sought through his craft to divine more, to find the place he had seen.

He learned though, it was no place, but a dragon who was withered and would perish before long. With the knowledge he gained, he penned a letter of gentle inquiry to the clan at the center of this particular vision and quickly received a response from a terrible courier made from blood, bone, and some demonic engine. The response was from Nuodai, the desperate mate of the diminishing dragon Samson had seen.

The two shared correspondence for only a brief period, as the dire circumstance was quickly made apparent, and Nuodai sought a place of refuge and life for his mate, and as soon as possible. Samson was quick to extend an invitation to her, and arrangements were made for Erytheia to come to their territory to settle.

Euriana
Plaguetouched
For @MadmDragonfly

Transplanted
For all of Euriana's life, her mother had been cursed with a withering illness which left her not well capable of caring for her daughter. That did not mean they didn't spend time together. Euriana's fondest memories were sitting with her mother in the garden when it was still lush, and in her room when the garden finally lost all color. Euriana had never known her mother's strength until they came to the Dragonfly clan. Only then was Erytheia able to give her daughter the care and attention and learning which she had long wished to give.

Although Euriana loved her mother and was overwhelmed and happy with the new life and vigor now available to her, she was far less certain and happy with their new surroundings. The journey there took them up and across what felt like the entire Windswept Plateau. The lush grasses and singing reeds which covered the great stone cliffs which were filled with vibrant colors were nothing at all like a dark and sinister crags and bone spires upon which Clifftown was built. The brilliant Cloudsong, built of a multitude of communities as an ever-flying collection of windbound cities was an intimidating and overwhelming vista. This plague Imperial, had spent her childhood sneaking through long underground passages to a Keep made of stone and bone hung on sloped cliffs before the boiling Wyrmwound, All places which seemed so firmly grounded, and where the world and it's simple brutality made sense, even to such a youthful dragon.

Sign of the Father
She remained close to her mother, for that was the one thing familiar to her, and even Erytheia was not much like she had been before. When her mother began keeping a garden once more, Euriana tried to learn and help her with it, but it seemed that everything she touched withered and died instead. She became frustrated by this and withdrawn.

Erytheia did not despair or relent but continued to try and make a life for them both in their new home, and a way for them to find happiness. She came to realize her daughter possessed some sliver of her father's curse, however, as it seemed that the more care and investment and heart she put into a given plant, the quicker it died. Erytheia called her daughter to her and gave her a new task in the garden.

"The plants will grow as they will, it is what they do, but you can help them along by removing the afflicted, the weak, and the weeds. That is how the Plaguebringer tends her garden."

Erytheia continued to work with and encourage her daughter, and together they maintain a beautiful garden for the clan, strong and fruitful, clear of weakness and weeds.

Notes
Euriana does not look much like a plague dragon, and some are surprised to glimpse the color of her eyes. Her beauty gains her much favor from other members of her clan and the dragons which wander though.

She can drain the life from dragons she interacts with, though she mostly practices and refines her power on plant life, to try and get a handle on it so she doesn't end up like her father.

Erytheia
the Eternal Bloom
For @MadmDragonfly

Balance
Erytheia tended the gardens which initially Zahrada's grand project. Such a verdant little slice of home for the nature dragon was extraordinarily hard to maintain, and ontop of that, she had begun to fall ill. So Zahrada departed and the gardens quickly withered and were strangled by weeds.

Erytheia came to the clan when she met Nuodai, who had come to the Shrieking Wilds in search of his former lover but was unable to find her. He had become lost in that unfamiliar territory and was taken in by Erytheia. She learned he was from a plague clan and set herself to join him when he returned home, as she had always been enamored with plague and its nature, and the interplay of balance between the two sister elements.

Under her care, both the garden and Nuodai flourished.

Curse
For a long time she remained with the Clan of Singing Blood, and provided the clan with great bounties, and learned the creed of power and growth which dominate the plague lands. For Nuodai, she had three children.

But she fell ill, as Zahrada had. Some would claim it to be no more than the weakness of a nature dragon, or incompatibility with Plague, but Erytheia did not believe this. She also had no intention of fleeing, as Zahrada before her. She went to Sahko, the Elementalist, hoping he might be able to help. He was very happy to. He confirmed it was not due to her weakness or some elemental conflict between nature and plague, as the clan was home to two other nature dragons, who had not suffered as Zahrada and Erytheia. He called to his peers and set to locate other skilled herbalists and witches, thinking perhaps some foul flora within the garden was the cause, but that did not seem to be the case.
All the while, Erytheia's condition worsened, and she was taken into Siekte's care.

Eventually, the cause of Erytheia's illness was determined to be Nuodai, though the mechanism was not understood. Nuodai was horrified and immediately set to arranging for his love to be removed from the clan. It had taken them this long to find out it was him, and he did not know if it would be possible to fix, or how long that might take, and in the meantime, Erytheia could have easily perished.

She loathed leaving her love, her garden, and her clan. Had it been up to her, she might have remained and died there. Certainly, such a decision would have been viewed and honorable among some of the clan but Nuodai would not allow that.

Renewal
Nuodai desperately sought help and quickly made arrangements for his love's departure, knowing full-well that he should likely never see her again. While in the midst of these labors, he received a message from a seer in a distant wind clan who had experienced a vision of Erytheia's plight. Shortly after the Seer Samson invited Erytheia to join him and his clan.

Erytheia went, and arrived as she had departed, heartbroken and diminished. She was able to regain her health, but her spirit was slower to mend. Samson became close to her and helped in caring for her. He crafted gifts of beauty and magic, all styled after the natural world. Flowers of stone which could never wilt.

They did not seem to please her as much as he would have liked. He pondered on this for a long time. He came to the answer when working with a bit of ivory. Inspired, he set out to collect new materials and crafted for her a hideous totem to the Plaguebringer the balance out all the nature art he had given her. She was stuck by this and laughed fitfully at the strange new gift, but loved it dearly.

The totem now sits in the center of her garden, surrounded by the blessings of Samson's Jeweled flowers, and cultivated with her hand for life.

Samson
Story of the Stone-Seer
For @MadmDragonfly

From Strange Roots Sprouted
Samson was but one of a multitude of children born to Elessar and Osha within the grim expanse of the Scarred Wasteland. Each a jewel of brilliance perhaps scarcely seen in the Plagebringer's domain. But within that glittering collective, Samson was of very little note. He would not be able to aspire to high rank and favor or gain much wealth within his large family and clan. Indeed, throughout his childhood, he has not even a formalized name. None of his brothers and sisters had names either, those were things to be earned, and not many did, it seemed. So as quickly as he was able, he slipped away from his family and searched throughout the farther reaches of his homeland. It was only with the new perspective gained from the outside that he discovered what a strange enclave his family had been. His departure itself was not without consequences, and he got out at a good time, as the organization within that territory dissolved and his parents relocated to the distant ruins of Light to begin anew.

He did not think to concern himself with those things. The history of his family and how they came to live where they did mattered nothing to the handsome, jeweled Coatl in a newer and wider world.

History Neglected
Samson spent his time as a wanderer. He had few skills of value but was smart and strong enough to get by on odd jobs and basic hunting skills. He took on many names as he traveled until one stuck suitably well - Samson. He had just begun to get used to that being his name and having a name when trouble caught him up.

He had met a jeweler, a pearlcatcher named Shul who lived in a small clan. For Shul, Samson ran deliveries, as Shul was skilled in his craft and could make a fair living selling his goods. But Shul was old and ugly and not disposed to travel. So Samson sold the jewelry and craft on his behalf. In return, Shul taught Samson some of his craft and gave the young coatl a small cut of the profits. While traveling out to the market one morning, Samson stopped. He had felt a sudden and strange sense of dread. He unslung his pack and checked within to look upon Shul's goods, feeling certain that they had been stolen, but they were not stolen, all were there and accounted for. He shrugged this off and proceeded on with his business. When he returned to Shul a few days later, however, he found the workshop ransacked, and the old jeweler was gone, as were all his most precious stones. Samson set out immediately to try and find Shul, but the rest of his clan seemed to think it was a lost cause, and none cared to venture into the Boneyard for fear of something unknown. Samson never found Shul, but did find the old dragon's pearl.

Samson found the pearl and the jewels all strewn across the ground in a haphazard way. When he reached them and began to pick them up, he felt another wave of dread and recognized the way the stones were scattered. The same as stars in one singular season, same as a map on the ceiling of the brood chambers where he was born. An instant later he was fighting for his life against a phantom thing which came upon him then. Each time it moved between the stones it became visible briefly. It did not seem able to cope with being seen and was run off quickly because of this.

Once all was settled, Samson gathered the jewels and the old pearl to take back to Shul's family. As he did, counting each like counting stars, he knew Shul had seen the thing before, and come out here to set a trap for it. He counted stars and glints in the jewels and thought they looked familiar to him. That was the same familiarity he had known when the phantom thing attacked him. It had followed him. But he did not know what it was or why or even how he knew these things. He could never know because he had left it all behind and never concerned himself with it.

Colorburst Seer
Shul's tribe did not take the jewels when Samson tried to return them, not even the craftsman's pearl. They said the jewels were cursed, and it was Samson's task to take them as far away as possible. He was not so certain about their judgment upon the stones but took them anyway. He found he liked having them. As time went on he traded and collected for more. Each one seemed to open a tiny window through which he could peer and see unknown things. New things only, he could never divine the past. Sometimes he thought he caught glimpses of the Phantom Thief, and sometimes gemstones and jewels did go missing.

Samson kept the Pearl for a long time and found that by studying it, he could study Shul's craft, and mastered the cutting, shaping, and artistry which the jewelry had possessed. Each alteration Samson made to a stone could change its power and meaning and the secrets it contained. With them he learned to craft not only beautiful apparel but powerful auguries of color and light.

Jeweled Dragonfly
Of course, he did not learn all of this while a wanderer on the road, though he remained that way for quite some time. He was only able to truly come into his craft once he managed to claim a home for himself. His future secure, even if his past could never be.

He came of course, to the place where all wanderers do, as the Windsinger adores those who walk the winding roads and flit through the endless sky. For their stories create the most colorful and glittering tapestry. He came to settle within the territory of the Dragonfly Clan. His creations are of great use to Sunrise in their most mundane application, but they are also imbued with subtle magics capable of bestowing boons of Knowing and limited foresight. He can craft trades tools for mages and other seers as well.

Still, there is always the nagging things which he can never know, and the strange thief which follows behind him.

Gemstone Blossoms
Samson crafted himself a rose made from rose quartz, and in it he saw a wilting and withering garden. The vision had for him an urgency which he could not ignore, and he sought through his craft to divine more, to find the place he had seen.

He learned though, it was no place, but a dragon who was withered and would perish before long. With the knowledge he gained, he penned a letter of gentle inquiry to the clan at the center of this particular vision and quickly received a response from a terrible courier made from blood, bone, and some demonic engine. The response was from Nuodai, the desperate mate of the diminishing dragon Samson had seen.

The two shared correspondence for only a brief period, as the dire circumstance was quickly made apparent, and Nuodai sought a place of refuge and life for his mate, and as soon as possible. Samson was quick to extend an invitation to her, and arrangements were made for Erytheia to come to their territory to settle.

Euriana
Plaguetouched
For @MadmDragonfly

Transplanted
For all of Euriana's life, her mother had been cursed with a withering illness which left her not well capable of caring for her daughter. That did not mean they didn't spend time together. Euriana's fondest memories were sitting with her mother in the garden when it was still lush, and in her room when the garden finally lost all color. Euriana had never known her mother's strength until they came to the Dragonfly clan. Only then was Erytheia able to give her daughter the care and attention and learning which she had long wished to give.

Although Euriana loved her mother and was overwhelmed and happy with the new life and vigor now available to her, she was far less certain and happy with their new surroundings. The journey there took them up and across what felt like the entire Windswept Plateau. The lush grasses and singing reeds which covered the great stone cliffs which were filled with vibrant colors were nothing at all like a dark and sinister crags and bone spires upon which Clifftown was built. The brilliant Cloudsong, built of a multitude of communities as an ever-flying collection of windbound cities was an intimidating and overwhelming vista. This plague Imperial, had spent her childhood sneaking through long underground passages to a Keep made of stone and bone hung on sloped cliffs before the boiling Wyrmwound, All places which seemed so firmly grounded, and where the world and it's simple brutality made sense, even to such a youthful dragon.

Sign of the Father
She remained close to her mother, for that was the one thing familiar to her, and even Erytheia was not much like she had been before. When her mother began keeping a garden once more, Euriana tried to learn and help her with it, but it seemed that everything she touched withered and died instead. She became frustrated by this and withdrawn.

Erytheia did not despair or relent but continued to try and make a life for them both in their new home, and a way for them to find happiness. She came to realize her daughter possessed some sliver of her father's curse, however, as it seemed that the more care and investment and heart she put into a given plant, the quicker it died. Erytheia called her daughter to her and gave her a new task in the garden.

"The plants will grow as they will, it is what they do, but you can help them along by removing the afflicted, the weak, and the weeds. That is how the Plaguebringer tends her garden."

Erytheia continued to work with and encourage her daughter, and together they maintain a beautiful garden for the clan, strong and fruitful, clear of weakness and weeds.

Notes
Euriana does not look much like a plague dragon, and some are surprised to glimpse the color of her eyes. Her beauty gains her much favor from other members of her clan and the dragons which wander though.

She can drain the life from dragons she interacts with, though she mostly practices and refines her power on plant life, to try and get a handle on it so she doesn't end up like her father.

Erytheia
the Eternal Bloom
For @MadmDragonfly

Balance
Erytheia tended the gardens which initially Zahrada's grand project. Such a verdant little slice of home for the nature dragon was extraordinarily hard to maintain, and ontop of that, she had begun to fall ill. So Zahrada departed and the gardens quickly withered and were strangled by weeds.

Erytheia came to the clan when she met Nuodai, who had come to the Shrieking Wilds in search of his former lover but was unable to find her. He had become lost in that unfamiliar territory and was taken in by Erytheia. She learned he was from a plague clan and set herself to join him when he returned home, as she had always been enamored with plague and its nature, and the interplay of balance between the two sister elements.

Under her care, both the garden and Nuodai flourished.

Curse
For a long time she remained with the Clan of Singing Blood, and provided the clan with great bounties, and learned the creed of power and growth which dominate the plague lands. For Nuodai, she had three children.

But she fell ill, as Zahrada had. Some would claim it to be no more than the weakness of a nature dragon, or incompatibility with Plague, but Erytheia did not believe this. She also had no intention of fleeing, as Zahrada before her. She went to Sahko, the Elementalist, hoping he might be able to help. He was very happy to. He confirmed it was not due to her weakness or some elemental conflict between nature and plague, as the clan was home to two other nature dragons, who had not suffered as Zahrada and Erytheia. He called to his peers and set to locate other skilled herbalists and witches, thinking perhaps some foul flora within the garden was the cause, but that did not seem to be the case.
All the while, Erytheia's condition worsened, and she was taken into Siekte's care.

Eventually, the cause of Erytheia's illness was determined to be Nuodai, though the mechanism was not understood. Nuodai was horrified and immediately set to arranging for his love to be removed from the clan. It had taken them this long to find out it was him, and he did not know if it would be possible to fix, or how long that might take, and in the meantime, Erytheia could have easily perished.

She loathed leaving her love, her garden, and her clan. Had it been up to her, she might have remained and died there. Certainly, such a decision would have been viewed and honorable among some of the clan but Nuodai would not allow that.

Renewal
Nuodai desperately sought help and quickly made arrangements for his love's departure, knowing full-well that he should likely never see her again. While in the midst of these labors, he received a message from a seer in a distant wind clan who had experienced a vision of Erytheia's plight. Shortly after the Seer Samson invited Erytheia to join him and his clan.

Erytheia went, and arrived as she had departed, heartbroken and diminished. She was able to regain her health, but her spirit was slower to mend. Samson became close to her and helped in caring for her. He crafted gifts of beauty and magic, all styled after the natural world. Flowers of stone which could never wilt.

They did not seem to please her as much as he would have liked. He pondered on this for a long time. He came to the answer when working with a bit of ivory. Inspired, he set out to collect new materials and crafted for her a hideous totem to the Plaguebringer the balance out all the nature art he had given her. She was stuck by this and laughed fitfully at the strange new gift, but loved it dearly.

The totem now sits in the center of her garden, surrounded by the blessings of Samson's Jeweled flowers, and cultivated with her hand for life.

bird115702.gif Shops:
Visual Art
Accents
Lore Dragons
Bio Writing
Shade's Witness
Scarwind Fae Colony
Ichorus Line
[LF] Art
+3 FR Time

@Minstri, wonderful! I sent over the CR. :-) Thanks so much!
@Minstri, wonderful! I sent over the CR. :-) Thanks so much!
[size=2]Ack, you got a nice writing style!! I'd like to pay in gems if that's alright! [b]Username:[/b] Cacogen [b]Dragon's Name:[/b] Colchicine [b]Link/preview of Dragon:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35325290] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/353253/35325290_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Details:[/b] They got some tidbits in their profile! Would love to have something relating to their relationships with their peers, or their experiments in general! You can toy around with the ideas if you'd like!
Ack, you got a nice writing style!! I'd like to pay in gems if that's alright!

Username: Cacogen
Dragon's Name: Colchicine
Link/preview of Dragon:

35325290_350.png

Details: They got some tidbits in their profile! Would love to have something relating to their relationships with their peers, or their experiments in general! You can toy around with the ideas if you'd like!
moHYLEk.gif
@Cacogen I'll see what I can do! I'll read up a bit on them and the dragons they interact with and come back with the first pass of questions or ideas. To start though are there any particular dragons you want highlighted or included in Colchicine's story? Or other bios I should have a peek at due to some periphery involvement or effect on Colchicine, besides Corosolic that is.

Also just a few questions which come to mind, from a quick glance at them...

The dual soul aspect. Is there anything you want me to cover in that direction, or a certain way you want that detail handled? (should I give it a general 'mystery' treatment, or are there more details about that I should know? Or should I avoid covering that topic and leave it as a footnote for you to expand upon later or with another writer).

What sort of workplace do they operate in (what style of lab do you picture)?
@Cacogen I'll see what I can do! I'll read up a bit on them and the dragons they interact with and come back with the first pass of questions or ideas. To start though are there any particular dragons you want highlighted or included in Colchicine's story? Or other bios I should have a peek at due to some periphery involvement or effect on Colchicine, besides Corosolic that is.

Also just a few questions which come to mind, from a quick glance at them...

The dual soul aspect. Is there anything you want me to cover in that direction, or a certain way you want that detail handled? (should I give it a general 'mystery' treatment, or are there more details about that I should know? Or should I avoid covering that topic and leave it as a footnote for you to expand upon later or with another writer).

What sort of workplace do they operate in (what style of lab do you picture)?
bird115702.gif Shops:
Visual Art
Accents
Lore Dragons
Bio Writing
Shade's Witness
Scarwind Fae Colony
Ichorus Line
[LF] Art
+3 FR Time

@Minstri, ah yes, they also have interactions with calico, another scientist with contrasting views and personality with colchicine. they have some sort of rivalry with each other, but the two remain pretty good friends.

all i can say with the dual soul is that they have surgically added another soul, aside from their own, into their body. it's a weird process and i'm still working out the other details. you can add a brief detail on it, or avoid the topic overall, which ever is easier! as for their workplace, it's kind of a mix of industrial and nature. it's hard to explain with words, but this is a pretty good visual for her lab!

i'll send in the gems in a sec!
@Minstri, ah yes, they also have interactions with calico, another scientist with contrasting views and personality with colchicine. they have some sort of rivalry with each other, but the two remain pretty good friends.

all i can say with the dual soul is that they have surgically added another soul, aside from their own, into their body. it's a weird process and i'm still working out the other details. you can add a brief detail on it, or avoid the topic overall, which ever is easier! as for their workplace, it's kind of a mix of industrial and nature. it's hard to explain with words, but this is a pretty good visual for her lab!

i'll send in the gems in a sec!
moHYLEk.gif
@Minstri I saw your dragons from that sales thread I made and just had to check out your lore shop! Say, do you also write stories like ones between two dragons? I have a thread in my signature where I'm looking for writers for it!
@Minstri I saw your dragons from that sales thread I made and just had to check out your lore shop! Say, do you also write stories like ones between two dragons? I have a thread in my signature where I'm looking for writers for it!
1 2 3 4