Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | HauntedWhale's PWYW Lair Reviews
1 2 3
@Iodine And another lair review for you! Let's do this! [b]Sonder:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21514078] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/215141/21514078_350.png[/img] [/url] I just really like the word Sonder and its meaning so I had to review this dragon. I love the aesthetic of scarves and cloaks on dragons too, I can't resist it. The minimal colour on her makes the pink in the wings and the faint blues pop out more (and also the inconspicious yellow fo the flowers), which is a nice effect. AH! I didn't even notice the little owl on her antler! I love the witches apparel on her, and the general mood it creates with her personality: deep forests, old wood, fading cobwebs, withering flowers and sweet herbs. Ah cool! He's genderfluid! Nice. Good derg. [b]Twine:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29720969] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/297210/29720969_350.png[/img] [/url] I chose Twine because they looked really cool. Vague, yes, but it's kind of halloween colours and similar things and I can't stop myself from falling love with october-esque stuff. Halloween inclined. I like the autumn orange they have got and the corresponding black. I always try to avoid using the same word as frequently as I end up using it but they've got an awesome aesthetic going on too. It's the antlers that do it and the other bones draped off of their wings and wrapped around their tail. They add a cool, darker factor and stick out as white against their other subdued colours. Their bio is extensive, got a great story to it. They've got it. They did it. They nailed the latest winter fashion. A+ [b]Orb:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28057301] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/280574/28057301_350.png[/img] [/url] We all know that dragons are not shaped like orbs. Therefore, I had to see what this dragon was about. ....you know what I just realized looking at this? It has the colour purple and a vague, slightly October style..... I promise this was purely coincidential. So, yes, I love the purple. I like though how it fades to a neutral colour of brown and black. The combination of cobwebs and spinner gene on the purple wings makes it look like her wings are draped in thin silk. The rings around her feet, the dots on her wings and the speckles on her feet almost seem like they are glowing, as if there are little lanterns lit across her scales. Probably because they are compared to the glowing eye of the snake. I haven't actually addressed the snake yet but now, I will tell you, that the snake is my favourite part about this dragon. It looks old and and cracked and fades away into Orb's wings. One thing you are very good at coming up with is familiars that match your dragons perfectly and Orb is no exception to this. I hope you enjoyed your lair review! I enjoyed looking at your dragons for the second time! Feel free to come back for another one sometime!
@Iodine
And another lair review for you! Let's do this!

Sonder:

21514078_350.png

I just really like the word Sonder and its meaning so I had to review this dragon. I love the aesthetic of scarves and cloaks on dragons too, I can't resist it. The minimal colour on her makes the pink in the wings and the faint blues pop out more (and also the inconspicious yellow fo the flowers), which is a nice effect. AH! I didn't even notice the little owl on her antler! I love the witches apparel on her, and the general mood it creates with her personality: deep forests, old wood, fading cobwebs, withering flowers and sweet herbs. Ah cool! He's genderfluid! Nice. Good derg.

Twine:

29720969_350.png

I chose Twine because they looked really cool. Vague, yes, but it's kind of halloween colours and similar things and I can't stop myself from falling love with october-esque stuff. Halloween inclined. I like the autumn orange they have got and the corresponding black. I always try to avoid using the same word as frequently as I end up using it but they've got an awesome aesthetic going on too. It's the antlers that do it and the other bones draped off of their wings and wrapped around their tail. They add a cool, darker factor and stick out as white against their other subdued colours.
Their bio is extensive, got a great story to it. They've got it. They did it. They nailed the latest winter fashion. A+

Orb:

28057301_350.png

We all know that dragons are not shaped like orbs. Therefore, I had to see what this dragon was about.
....you know what I just realized looking at this? It has the colour purple and a vague, slightly October style..... I promise this was purely coincidential.
So, yes, I love the purple. I like though how it fades to a neutral colour of brown and black. The combination of cobwebs and spinner gene on the purple wings makes it look like her wings are draped in thin silk. The rings around her feet, the dots on her wings and the speckles on her feet almost seem like they are glowing, as if there are little lanterns lit across her scales. Probably because they are compared to the glowing eye of the snake. I haven't actually addressed the snake yet but now, I will tell you, that the snake is my favourite part about this dragon. It looks old and and cracked and fades away into Orb's wings. One thing you are very good at coming up with is familiars that match your dragons perfectly and Orb is no exception to this.

I hope you enjoyed your lair review! I enjoyed looking at your dragons for the second time! Feel free to come back for another one sometime!
4a400340c0be109b6c971f8fd8e6cc021baeb6c8.png
@HauntedWhale nice!!!! thank u, lemme go send payment B^)
@HauntedWhale nice!!!! thank u, lemme go send payment B^)
16081828_QyJzaENAZokkSCk.gif
@HauntedWhale

omg

I love it

I love it so much! Thank you!! Sending some little somethings your way as payment, I hope you like them :D
@HauntedWhale

omg

I love it

I love it so much! Thank you!! Sending some little somethings your way as payment, I hope you like them :D
o.pngo.pngo.pngo.pngo.pngo.png
@HauntedWhale
Please add me to your waiting list
@HauntedWhale
Please add me to your waiting list
ECNdq9d.png
@SunDragon

Of course! You can expect your lair review probably?? Sometime this week?? I've been away so I need to get back into things again.
@SunDragon

Of course! You can expect your lair review probably?? Sometime this week?? I've been away so I need to get back into things again.
@HauntedWhale
Thanks for letting me know. Take your time I'm not in a hurry.
@HauntedWhale
Thanks for letting me know. Take your time I'm not in a hurry.
ECNdq9d.png
@HauntedWhale
Oh also the last dragon that is a permanent part of my lair is Descole on page 4. Please don't review any dragons after him.
@HauntedWhale
Oh also the last dragon that is a permanent part of my lair is Descole on page 4. Please don't review any dragons after him.
ECNdq9d.png
@HauntedWhale
Yes I'd like one if you're still doing them?

Anyone up to Apatite is fine! Everyone else is not a g1 or not a lore dragon.
@HauntedWhale
Yes I'd like one if you're still doing them?

Anyone up to Apatite is fine! Everyone else is not a g1 or not a lore dragon.
leWQTdB.png5hF3FGk.png
@SunDragon [s]A month later, I still got the reviews. We're currently selling our house so everything has to be super clean all the time who knows who will stop by clean clean cleancleanCLEAN. Anyways, getting everything ready has taken quite a toll on my time but I'm back! Let's get this lair going! As a note going back, this lair review got really out of hand fast and so I basically just created entirely new personalities and backstories for the three dragons I reviewed. Probably not what you wanted as a lair review but this is what you get... oh well.... I was just being super creative today. [b]Urri:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1253615] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/12537/1253615_350.png[/img] [/url] Flowers have engulfed this dragon. They spill from his wings and catch on his tail, springing out from beneath his feathers. My first impression of him was that he was a dragon who had become engulfed in summer all the way down to his yellow wings that are tinged green at their base like new plants. His golden circuit reminds me of sunshine that has been poured in between the cracks of a dragon's skin. The candles add extra unearthly tones as if he has some spritual or ancient connection to something. Maybe as though wherever he goes he glows faintly from his circuit or always smells like fresh flowers and mowed grass and summer as he brushes random flowers off of his shoulders. These unearthly tones are carried further by his familiar that looks like it's a keeper of ancient texts. I should probably stop being so abstract with my descriptions and most likely totally misinterpreting everything that this dragon is supposed to be. Less misinterpreting and more just taking the look of a dragon way too far in my creativity. Y'know what? No. This is the kind of review I'm going to do for you and I hope you enjoy it. I feel like being creative today. I have decided that this dragon is an apprentice at some school who got really sidetracked in looking into these ancient texts that he found buried in the library one day about old legends and kings and then got in too far and accidentally awoke something in him, probably some forgotten power by his people or an ancient god that had been resting long ago and he also loves plants and so these two things combined and when he's not looking into these old stories he's outside in the sun and in the flowers humming something to himself and still acts like a completely normal student of course. Ummm I got really really sidetracked there but I'm going to keep this here for you if you want to know the personality and life that I created for him based off of nothing but his appearance.... [b]Seaflower:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27888562] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/278886/27888562_350.png[/img] [/url] Seaflower is an ocean disaster. He is feared and intimidating, a ravaged warrior of the deep, a shadow moving through the darkness of the ocean with murky purple onimousy penetrating through the twisted waves. At first glance, because of the contrast between the bright bubbles of the fish and the dark plating of this dragon, Seaflower almost blends in perfectly on the edge of your vision, his eyes peering out at you from between the strands of seaweed (that the fish apparel always makes me imagine around a dragon), a deadly glare from the bottom of the ocean. The crackle on his wings reminds me of ocean waves like the waves of sand imprinted on the beach after the tide has gone out. The shadowscale armour makes for a fierce warrior, especially with the shadowy purple that emphasizes the spikes and deadly horns of the armour of the dragon. The ravaged warrior of the deep is a fierce dragon who is avoided by everyone unless they have to talk to him. He mostly keeps to himself, swimming in and out of his fish, the ocean being the place he belongs. He swims like a myth beneath the waves in the deepest shadows of the sea. If anything gets between him, he will hurt them, especially if they endanger his fish (now I realize he hunts fish in his bio but just go with it. I mean, at least he knows what he's doing. He knows what fish must be preserved and what fish must go, he knows the ocean like the back of his... talon? like the wisps of his beard... yeah... that works...). Nobody knows what he does at the bottom of the ocean. [b]Aura:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3733169] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/37332/3733169_350.png[/img] [/url] Aura knows plague. She has become one with plague. It is something she lives with, a burden that has become so mundane that it has been integrated into her very life (wow look, this fact is actually accurate after the fact of looking in her bio). Blood stains her wings, spreading in dried colours beneath her skin and etched down her spine and across her tail. Her nails are tinged red from the wounds that she deals with daily. I have an odd love of plague masks. This is probably why I chose to review her. She's got the plague aesthetic down with the mask and gloves and red and shash and weird untrustworthy glistening thing on her shoulder and wing nets that look like a cross between bandages and spider webs. Her familiar looks like it also caught some supernatural plague with a hazardous green coughing fire that spreads like wildfire. She works closely with the plague, living with it in its entirety and embracing it while simultaneously assisting others unfortunate enough to fall into that boat. Most are tempted to shy away from her since her appearance is less than welcoming, scared by the blood that drenches her wings and the life existing on her shoulder. It looks like something she's lived with her entire life until it has become mundane and these things no longer matter. Well that went other directions than I had intended at first. I hope you enjoyed learning about the alternate lives of your dragons in alternate universes I guess based solely their appearance.[/s]
@SunDragon

A month later, I still got the reviews. We're currently selling our house so everything has to be super clean all the time who knows who will stop by clean clean cleancleanCLEAN. Anyways, getting everything ready has taken quite a toll on my time but I'm back! Let's get this lair going!

As a note going back, this lair review got really out of hand fast and so I basically just created entirely new personalities and backstories for the three dragons I reviewed. Probably not what you wanted as a lair review but this is what you get... oh well.... I was just being super creative today.

Urri:

1253615_350.png

Flowers have engulfed this dragon. They spill from his wings and catch on his tail, springing out from beneath his feathers. My first impression of him was that he was a dragon who had become engulfed in summer all the way down to his yellow wings that are tinged green at their base like new plants. His golden circuit reminds me of sunshine that has been poured in between the cracks of a dragon's skin. The candles add extra unearthly tones as if he has some spritual or ancient connection to something. Maybe as though wherever he goes he glows faintly from his circuit or always smells like fresh flowers and mowed grass and summer as he brushes random flowers off of his shoulders. These unearthly tones are carried further by his familiar that looks like it's a keeper of ancient texts.

I should probably stop being so abstract with my descriptions and most likely totally misinterpreting everything that this dragon is supposed to be. Less misinterpreting and more just taking the look of a dragon way too far in my creativity. Y'know what? No. This is the kind of review I'm going to do for you and I hope you enjoy it. I feel like being creative today.

I have decided that this dragon is an apprentice at some school who got really sidetracked in looking into these ancient texts that he found buried in the library one day about old legends and kings and then got in too far and accidentally awoke something in him, probably some forgotten power by his people or an ancient god that had been resting long ago and he also loves plants and so these two things combined and when he's not looking into these old stories he's outside in the sun and in the flowers humming something to himself and still acts like a completely normal student of course. Ummm I got really really sidetracked there but I'm going to keep this here for you if you want to know the personality and life that I created for him based off of nothing but his appearance....

Seaflower:

27888562_350.png

Seaflower is an ocean disaster. He is feared and intimidating, a ravaged warrior of the deep, a shadow moving through the darkness of the ocean with murky purple onimousy penetrating through the twisted waves. At first glance, because of the contrast between the bright bubbles of the fish and the dark plating of this dragon, Seaflower almost blends in perfectly on the edge of your vision, his eyes peering out at you from between the strands of seaweed (that the fish apparel always makes me imagine around a dragon), a deadly glare from the bottom of the ocean. The crackle on his wings reminds me of ocean waves like the waves of sand imprinted on the beach after the tide has gone out. The shadowscale armour makes for a fierce warrior, especially with the shadowy purple that emphasizes the spikes and deadly horns of the armour of the dragon.

The ravaged warrior of the deep is a fierce dragon who is avoided by everyone unless they have to talk to him. He mostly keeps to himself, swimming in and out of his fish, the ocean being the place he belongs. He swims like a myth beneath the waves in the deepest shadows of the sea. If anything gets between him, he will hurt them, especially if they endanger his fish (now I realize he hunts fish in his bio but just go with it. I mean, at least he knows what he's doing. He knows what fish must be preserved and what fish must go, he knows the ocean like the back of his... talon? like the wisps of his beard... yeah... that works...). Nobody knows what he does at the bottom of the ocean.

Aura:

3733169_350.png

Aura knows plague. She has become one with plague. It is something she lives with, a burden that has become so mundane that it has been integrated into her very life (wow look, this fact is actually accurate after the fact of looking in her bio). Blood stains her wings, spreading in dried colours beneath her skin and etched down her spine and across her tail. Her nails are tinged red from the wounds that she deals with daily. I have an odd love of plague masks. This is probably why I chose to review her. She's got the plague aesthetic down with the mask and gloves and red and shash and weird untrustworthy glistening thing on her shoulder and wing nets that look like a cross between bandages and spider webs. Her familiar looks like it also caught some supernatural plague with a hazardous green coughing fire that spreads like wildfire.

She works closely with the plague, living with it in its entirety and embracing it while simultaneously assisting others unfortunate enough to fall into that boat. Most are tempted to shy away from her since her appearance is less than welcoming, scared by the blood that drenches her wings and the life existing on her shoulder. It looks like something she's lived with her entire life until it has become mundane and these things no longer matter.

Well that went other directions than I had intended at first. I hope you enjoyed learning about the alternate lives of your dragons in alternate universes I guess based solely their appearance.
@Chocoli

Yes!! I am still doing them!! Even if this is... a month later. It might take a while to get around to but I'll put you on the waitlist! Thank you for your patience!
@Chocoli

Yes!! I am still doing them!! Even if this is... a month later. It might take a while to get around to but I'll put you on the waitlist! Thank you for your patience!
1 2 3