Art Sales
For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.

{ Masumi's Writing Shop } PINGLIST
Jan 22, 2017 21:03:13

Masumi

5LnGn3o.png

writing since 2008

Current Status: Pinglist / only grab bag slots open!

Hello! I'm here to peddle my writing to the masses in exchange for dragon cash. Please consider me sometime! I can write lore and biographies as well as poetry.

Click Here for Examples
(non-FR related)

I will be showcasing FR-specific work in the second post c:

Rules
  • Prices are non-negotiable.
  • I will only write FR-related stories/bios/poems for FR currency. If you wish me to write other things (such as OCs outside of FR, fanwork, etc), you'll have to contact me by PM. I only take USD for those unfortunately.
  • Please credit me.
  • Turnaround time will vary depending on what you order.
  • I am only doing a maximum of one order per slot.
  • If I, for some reason, fail to capture your character the way you have outlined it to me, I will do a partial refund. However, for mistakes not made on my part, I will not be refunding.
  • I will make one (1) major revision for free. Major revision means the rewriting of a scene. Any more major revisions beyond that will have to be paid for. Smaller things like name changes, eye color changes, or other such tiny details are free.
  • Please be patient with me. I also have classes to juggle besides this.
  • Slots are not first-come, first-serve. They depend on my interest. You can bribe me beyond my listed prices, though, for a better chance at a slot.

Types of Writing
  • Stories
  • Dragon Bios
  • Poetry
  • Other stuff—just ask!
Jan 22, 2017 21:03:58

Masumi

PRICES + EXAMPLES
also see my AO3 or dragon lair

Grab Bags!
Price range: 12g or 10kt per.
What you will receive: 1 sentence (or 2 for 20kt), written for you to use as inspiration, or even just standalone—it's up to you! Great for introduction sentences to your clan or dragon.

PNFxzF5.png

There's a saying about that forest, across the river.

x7xhNBq.png

Dragon Biography
Price range: 320g or 275kt per.
What you will receive: 4-8 paragraphs, sized as you see in the example.

PNFxzF5.png

She is freedom and the sky, the endless constellations, and the heavens above grant her the brightest of stars, the most wonderful caress of the wilderness. Within her eyes she holds the night sky and the bio-luminescent flora of the Tangled Wood, and the soft glow of fireflies. On her skin they paint the most gracious of colors, the most beautiful of images.

Ixchel was a canvas, and they painted her a goddess.

But when she walks the earth and lets her toes feel the rich soil of the Verdant Labyrinth, she does not feel the goddess that she is supposed to be. Her clanmates chant upon her songs of praise, words of love, unending glory, but she cannot hear them.

They are not the ballads she desires. Not ballads of love.

Not the love like reverence they give her. Not like that. They are in love with the idea of her, not her very being, not her. When they look at her they see a brilliant painting, not the canvas underneath (not the soul that makes the body and yearns to be free).

(And though she longs for romance, the beautiful red dawn, the endless possibilities that the world could give her—it is only in the graceful steps of the Matriarch's dance, the way she holds Ixchel's hands in her own and smiles at her a brilliant thousand suns, gleaming and gleaming, and she is surely more of the heavens than Ixchel ever could be.

But she moves away just as quickly, just as fast as the tempo of her songs, and leaves Ixchel's hands smoldering with golden ashes in her wake.)

She pines, forever.

x7xhNBq.png

Story
Price range: varies, but at least 500g or 425kt.
What you will receive: varies, but at least 10 paragraphs, not counting dialogue.

PNFxzF5.png

the clan of the golden lotusi have no official name, only a tale and a song, an unending dance.

it begins like this—

the matriarch could dance every step of every song that was known to her, all bright smiles and twinkling eyes, like watching a star burn into brightness. she glided across the marble floors of high castles and did pirouettes for those of higher birth, of more wealth, of those who would pay eons and eons to see her perform for them, glide across their marble floors.

her feet never stopped, her arms never waned. even her smile seemed like a permanent fixation upon her face, all saccharine sweet and full of naivete.

but they all knew—and she knew, as well—that her talent was paid not for her feet but for her eyes, her ears. the music beat in steady rhythm and she would flow like water but always, always she would hear the rest of it. the court. the nobles. the espionage and the secrecy that followed their every step. the Game of the court.

in her younger years she loved the exhilaration of spies and alliances, secrets and betrayals, all played like keys on a piano before the royal court with every step of the dance she took. and she believed—truly believed—they loved her like she loved them. and perhaps they did. and perhaps she did, but—

she got too caught up in it, the euphoria, the high, the unending pleasure of living in a world that was not hers by birthright. she hid knives in her silks, needles in her hair. one day she danced a blade into another bard’s heart, and stepped on the glass she had broken to push him away, and watched as the white marble floors was covered in a slow curtain of red.

and then she dreamed.

his screams, his still heart, how his eyes had widened in shock and surprise like she was something to be feared. sometimes, she even saw herself, but not herself, push him through the window, stab the blade through his heart, with the wild look in her eyes that made her seem more like an animal than a—

she covered her face with her hands and could feel the bile rising in her throat. sometimes she collapsed in remembrance of the way the blade had cut so easily through his flesh with a clean slice. sometimes she saw his heart cut in two. sometimes she saw the glass that impaled him on the way down.

aurelia bent over, and vomited regret into her hands.

she left, then. she left the nobles and their high court. her feet which could dance any tune could only scurry away in shame—away, and away, and away.

x7xhNBq.png

Poetry
Price range: 300g or 265kt per.
What you will receive: a poem, length varies.

PNFxzF5.png

click here for sample
(warning: contains mention of light gore)

x7xhNBq.png

Valentine's Special!
Price range: 150g or 133kt per.
What you will receive: a poem, 1-2 stanzas.

PNFxzF5.png

i am a waterfall,
drowning,
because
the freshwater lakes never told me
how your eyes hold—
how your pupils are deep
dark
and blue
like the horrifically silent abyss of the
ocean

x7xhNBq.png
Jan 22, 2017 21:04:03

Masumi

FORM, SLOTS & PINGLIST

Slots
  1. Cedric - Story [x] Unpaid
  2. DONE
  3. {BRIBE ONLY}

Grab Bag Slots
  1. DONE

Valentine's Day Special Slots
  1. DONE
  2. DONE

Form
Code:
@Masumi [b]Username:[/b] [b]Order Type:[/b] (grab bag/biography/story/other) [b]Payment Method:[/b] (gems/tr/mixed) [b]Order Details:[/b] (who for/what for/what would you like me to include/character personalities; you can be as vague or specific as you want) [b]Other Notes:[/b] (for anything else I might need to know) [b]Do you want to stay/be on the pinglist?:[/b]

Pinglist
!Cedric !Jetfeather !mummy !Aahzmatic !Survivalist !Ribbons !Iodine
Jan 25, 2017 18:07:54

Masumi

Jan 25, 2017 18:21:40

Cedric

@Masumi IM ON MOBILE SAVE ME

Username: Cedric
Order Type: poetry
Payment Method: double gems
Order Details: for Yuu!! (second page, bogsneak, can't link bc mobile is too buggy rip) her epithet is "the Devouress", and she's supposed to be an icon of carnality/carnal desires. there's a lot of wiggle room for this, but a poem about her and insatiable hunger? longing for something that she cannot 'devour'? maybe something including the idea of "you are what you eat"/"you gain the strength of what you eat"; and/or desire of omnipotence/immortality
Other Notes: she's a very laidback but crude character. aloof and blunt. what she says usually sounds sharp/as if she didn't think it out but she's actually very meticulous.

lmk if u need more aa
Qv5pDzZ.png
(I am Korean. English is my second language. I apologize for any misunderstandings.)
J2GnxIK.png
Jan 26, 2017 01:58:45

Masumi

@Cedric
YOU DONT HAVE TO PAY DOUBLE WHAT THE HECK FIGHT ME

I'll put you down and if I need anything more I'll message you. :ok_hand:
Jan 26, 2017 03:09:02

Jetfeather

@Masumi (hi it just occured to me what I really wanted to buy when i reread these outlines)

Username: Jetfeather
Order Type: Grab bag o/
Payment Method: treasure
Order Details: Just one sentence, I think? To use as either inspiration or a starter for my clan (like, mostly for setting? or, you know, just a concept i could draw from for the clan as a whole) :0 Since I have characters, and storylines and ideas, but it does occur to me that I have very little idea for the clan-clan as a thing in itself ;v;
Other Notes: uhhh, basic clan origin lore might be helpful, here (thanks past me for now having this written out all ready to be easier for the sake of both of us). Lore-wise, the clan's origins stem from Eira and Zard, who were originally exalts (to... explain their lack of parentage? leaving behind their past when they entered Icewarden's service?); Zard had found his charge while part of a group patrolling the glacial prisons of the fortress of ends, or so he thought, believing it Eira. When he heard of Eira's dreams of someday maybe travelling somewhere, making some friends, just relaxing for once in her life up to then, he took it into his head that they should go out and form a clan. Eira didn't agree, but she didn't disagree either so they went, pestering incessantly seeking icewarden's permission to do so, to stop being exalts even if only temporarily. What happened after... no one really knows. Neither of them talk about it. But hey! they're a clan now, hallelujah. neither of them deserve the tragicomedy drama that happens after the pre-cult crew find them. i... don't know what else to put here, welp. Maybe draw from that pre-established lore for your sentence? I'm a little stumped lmao sorry

Again, though, thank you!! I really appreciate your considering this ;v;
ZR271yP.gif
Jan 26, 2017 03:18:15

Masumi

@Jetfeather
omg I'm really flattered thank you!!

Do you want a sentence for how the clan started, since that's the lore you gave me? Since I wouldn't know about the current state of it.
Jan 26, 2017 03:40:57

Jetfeather

@Masumi yeahhya! like a starting sentence kind of thing, for clan origins (how do i say it? words escape me rip)
if that's not quite your flavour/you don't quite feel like it, though, then I'd be happy with just a penny for your thoughts an inspiration-type sentence about whatever random image you think of when referring to like, any aspect of the southern icefield or ice flight tbh, to draw from and work off on too! Inspiration is fleeting, sometimes the strangest stimuli can go so far.

(edit: in retrospect preferrably the latter? if you want, is that something I can do?)

tytysm o/
ZR271yP.gif
Jan 26, 2017 08:06:35

Masumi

Ok, got everyone down to here! Should be able to start working either later today or tomorrow.