Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | Skifter's Scrawling - Reviews/Bios/More
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 45 46
[img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/78d17c2d08d06b1595393d90e4163135/tumblr_o7fxmxCisc1vq6c20o1_500.png[/img] [size=5]Shop is currently [s]OPEN[/s] [s]CLOSED[/s] [color=#ffce00][u][b]PINGLIST ONLY[/b][/u][/color][/size] [quote][center][u][b]Current Announcements:[/b][/u][/center] [LIST] [*] [/LIST][/quote] [quote]Pinglist: @/Sorrelfur @/SunnyInferno @/HoraDusk [/quote] Hey there! Writing has always been my talent and passion, so I figured I would put my skills to good use. I write: -Bios -Dragon Descriptions -Dragon Reviews -Lair Reviews -Clan Descriptions -Lair Descriptions -Pretty much anything, just ask! Special requests are always welcome. [b][u]Current Customers:[/u][/b] 1. /// [b][u]Waiting List:[/u][/b] 1. pinglist (Key: [b]Awaiting payment[/b]=I am waiting for you to send payment. [b]Payment pending[/b]=You are in the waitlist and are not going to be asked to pay until you get into a slot.) [size=4][b][u]RULES:[/u][/size] [quote][LIST] [*]Ping me if you're interested, I won't see your order otherwise! [*]I require payment upfront. However, if you are put in the waitlist, I will not ask for payment until you are in a slot. [*]When the piece is completed, I will send you the finished product via pm, and you can make suggestions if you see something that needs to be tweaked. [*]Credit me should you post my writing. [*] My current gem conversion rate is 1:1000. You can split your payment between treasure and gems with this rate. [*]If I cannot complete your commission, I will give you a full refund. [*]I will try to complete your order ASAP, but please be patient, especially for longer pieces. On a similar vein, you are allowed to ask for updates if you're wondering about my progress on your commission. [/LIST] [/b][/quote] In the post below, I give suggestions for things to put in your order form. You [i]do not[/i] have to follow these suggestions, I am simply giving examples of details that you could provide. [b]IMPORTANT: The detail of the descriptions you give when ordering will determine how much of an artistic license I take with your commission. Meaning, if you give me a short or not as detailed description for something, I will put my own spin on it. (Keep in mind, you can still request I edit something should you not be happy with the direction I take.) [/b] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/1899229]Check out my aesthetic edit shop![/url]
tumblr_o7fxmxCisc1vq6c20o1_500.png

Shop is currently OPEN CLOSED PINGLIST ONLY

Quote:
Current Announcements:

Quote:
Pinglist:
@/Sorrelfur @/SunnyInferno @/HoraDusk

Hey there! Writing has always been my talent and passion, so I figured I would put my skills to good use.

I write:

-Bios
-Dragon Descriptions
-Dragon Reviews
-Lair Reviews
-Clan Descriptions
-Lair Descriptions
-Pretty much anything, just ask! Special requests are always welcome.

Current Customers:
1. ///

Waiting List:
1. pinglist

(Key: Awaiting payment=I am waiting for you to send payment. Payment pending=You are in the waitlist and are not going to be asked to pay until you get into a slot.)

RULES:
Quote:
  • Ping me if you're interested, I won't see your order otherwise!
  • I require payment upfront. However, if you are put in the waitlist, I will not ask for payment until you are in a slot.
  • When the piece is completed, I will send you the finished product via pm, and you can make suggestions if you see something that needs to be tweaked.
  • Credit me should you post my writing.
  • My current gem conversion rate is 1:1000. You can split your payment between treasure and gems with this rate.
  • If I cannot complete your commission, I will give you a full refund.
  • I will try to complete your order ASAP, but please be patient, especially for longer pieces. On a similar vein, you are allowed to ask for updates if you're wondering about my progress on your commission.

In the post below, I give suggestions for things to put in your order form. You do not have to follow these suggestions, I am simply giving examples of details that you could provide.

IMPORTANT: The detail of the descriptions you give when ordering will determine how much of an artistic license I take with your commission. Meaning, if you give me a short or not as detailed description for something, I will put my own spin on it. (Keep in mind, you can still request I edit something should you not be happy with the direction I take.)

Check out my aesthetic edit shop!
tumblr_o7fxmxCisc1vq6c20o3_500.png
Bios:

A piece of writing centered on your dragon to put in their bio!

Example Order Form (required fields have a * next to them):
Quote:
*Name of dragon:
*Link to Dragon:
*Length of Bio:
*Payment Method:
*Point of View: It can be third person omniscient (normal price), or you can choose to have your bio be from the POV of someone else (see pricing below). It can be another dragon in your clan, a familiar, Pinkerton... Anyone you want!
*Personality: Give me some personality traits!
*Do you want me to strictly stick to canon lore: Yes or no. (Canon lore is all the things you can find in the Encyclopedia.)
Backstory: What are some important events in your dragon's history?
Mate/Best Friend/Enemy: Want me to mention your dragon's thoughts and attitude towards another dragon in your clan? Let me know!
Familiar: Tell me about your dragon's relationship with their familiar! How did they obtain the familiar?
Tone: How do you want your bio to sound? Funny? Informative? Dark and ominous?
Other Notes: Want me to include something specific? Put it here.

Pricing:
  • 10kt/10g for less than ~250 words
  • 15kt/15g for 250-500 words
  • 20kt/20g for 500-700 words
  • An extra 10k/20g to have it from the POV of someone else. (If you choose this option, give me some personality traits for the dragon/familiar/etc whose POV it will be from. If it's from a canon character -like Pinkerton or the Arcanist for example- you don't need to provide traits.)

Note: If you cannot think of anything for a dragon's bio, I can create the dragon's character and their bio from scratch. However, this is more expensive: the normal price + an extra 50% of the price. (For example, if you wanted a less than 250 words bio from scratch, it would be 10kt [regular price] + 5kt [extra 50%].)

If you want a bio from scratch, be sure to let me know as well as filling out the order form as best as you can and we can talk more on it.

Dragon Descriptions:

Similar to a bio, but more focused on physical descriptions. These are centered around coloration, height, apparel, skins and accents, etc.

Quote:
*Name of Dragon:
*Link to Dragon:
*Length of Description:
*Payment Method:
*Point of View: It can be third person omniscient (normal price), or you can choose to have your bio be from the POV of someone else (see pricing below). It can be another dragon in your clan, a familiar, Pinkerton... Anyone you want!
*Do you want me to strictly stick to canon lore: Yes or no. (Canon lore is all the things you can find in the Encyclopedia.)
*Actual number measurements or just descriptions: Meaning, would you like me to say "he is 2.3 meters in length" or "he is unusually long for a fae"?
Skin/Accent: If your dragon has one, how did they get their skin or accent? Is it body paint, an actual growth on the dragon, was it born that way?

Pricing:
  • An extra 10k/20g to have it from the POV of someone else. (If you choose this option, give me some personality traits for the dragon/familiar/etc whose POV it will be from. If it's from a canon character -like Pinkerton or the Arcanist for example- you don't need to provide traits.)

Dragon Reviews:

A review of your dragon! Can be focused on physical appearance (coloration/skins/accents/apparel) and/or their personality/backstory/whatever is in their bio if it is provided. A focus on the bio will be more of my thoughts on the content ("I love the way you talked about her and her mate, that's so adorable") rather than the way it is written ("good use of grammar").

You can order up to five dragons per slot.

Quote:
*Link to dragon(s):
*Payment Method:
*Do you want it sent through this thread or pm?
*Physical or bio focus: Can be one, the other, or both.
Extra notes: Anything else you need me to know?

Pricing:
  • 2kt/2g per dragon.

Lair Reviews:

A lair review! I will go to your lair and pick out my favorite dragons (5 or 10), along with a little explanation of why I picked them! (Explanations will not be as in depth as single dragon reviews, since I am doing 5/10 of them in one sitting.)

Quote:
*Link to lair:
*Which tabs do you want me to review: Just your lair? Just the hibernal den? Specific tabs from each? Let me know.
*Payment Method:
*5 or 10 favorites?

Pricing:
  • 35kt or 35g for 5 favorites.
  • 55kt or 55g for 10 favorites.
  • An extra 10kt/10g if you have 100+ dragons.

Clan Descriptions:

A description of your clan. It can include anything from clan traditions, to its history, leaders, mission statement, or anything else you can think of!

Quote:
*Length:
*Payment Method:
Clan Name:
History: How was your clan founded? Other important events?
Traditions/Customs: Is there a certain ritual or trial dragons have to go through to become a member of your clan? Tell me what life is like in your clan!
Leaders/dragons of note and their positions:
*Mission Statement: What is your clan's purpose? Do they want to help others? Serve their deity? Win dominance? Wage wars with other clans?
Atmosphere: What is your clan like? Are they relaxed, aggressive, fun-loving? Are they always on the watch for threats?
Additional Notes: Anything else I need to know?

Pricing:

Lair Descriptions:

A physical description of the place where your clan lives.

Quote:
*Length:
*Payment Method:
*Point of View: It can be third person omniscient (normal price), or you can choose to have your bio be from the POV of someone else (see pricing below). It can be another dragon in your clan, a familiar, Pinkerton... Anyone you want! Additionally, it could also be in second person point of view (kind of like if I was giving a tour of the lair to an outsider). Second person is the normal price.
*Subregion your clan is in: You know how when you go to someone's clan profile, it'll say (for example) "venerable lair of the Rotrock Rim? Tell me which subregion yours is in. (Note: You can choose a subregion that is not the one your lair is currently located in. I'm not going to police something like that.)
Clan Name:
*Description: Give me an outline of what you want your lair to look like. Is it big or small? A cave or a bunch of interconnected treehouses? Dimly lit or full of light? Does it have a smell? Do all the dragons sleep together or do they each have a room, or a cave to themselves? Where is the hoard located? The more details, the better.

Pricing:

Bios:

A piece of writing centered on your dragon to put in their bio!

Quote:
*Name of dragon:
*Link to Dragon:
*Length of Bio:
*Payment Method:
*Personality: Give me some personality traits!
Backstory: What are some important events in your dragon's history?
Mate/Best Friend/Enemy: Want me to mention your dragon's thoughts and attitude towards another dragon in your clan? Let me know!
Familiar: Tell me about your dragon's relationship with their familiar! How did they obtain the familiar?

Pricing:

Note: If you cannot think of anything for a dragon's bio, I can create the dragon's character and their bio from scratch. However, this is more expensive: the normal price + an extra 50% of the price. (For example, if you wanted a less than 250 words bio from scratch, it would be 10kt [regular price] + 5kt [extra 50%].)

If you want a bio from scratch, be sure to let me know as well as filling out the order form as best as you can and we can talk more on it.

Dragon Descriptions:

Similar to a bio, but more focused on physical descriptions. These are centered around coloration, height, apparel, skins and accents, etc.

Quote:
*Name of Dragon:
*Link to Dragon:
*Length of Description:
*Payment Method:
*Actual number measurements or just descriptions: Meaning, would you like me to say "he is 2.3 meters in length" or "he is unusually long for a fae"?
Skin/Accent: If your dragon has one, how did they get their skin or accent? Is it body paint, an actual growth on the dragon, was it born that way?

Pricing:

Dragon Reviews:

A review of your dragon! Can be focused on physical appearance (coloration/skins/accents/apparel) and/or their personality/backstory/whatever is in their bio if it is provided. A focus on the bio will be more of my thoughts on the content ("I love the way you talked about her and her mate, that's so adorable") rather than the way it is written ("good use of grammar").

You can order up to five dragons per slot.

Quote:
*Link to dragon(s):
*Payment Method:
*Physical or bio focus: Can be one, the other, or both.

Pricing:
  • 2kt/2g per dragon.

Lair Reviews:

A lair review! I will go to your lair and pick out my favorite dragons (5 or 10), along with a little explanation of why I picked them! (Explanations will not be as in depth as single dragon reviews, since I am doing 5/10 of them in one sitting.)

Quote:
*Link to lair:
*Which tabs do you want me to review: Just your lair? Just the hibernal den? Specific tabs from each? Let me know.
*Payment Method:
*5 or 10 favorites?

Pricing:
  • 35kt or 35g for 5 favorites.
  • 55kt or 55g for 10 favorites.
  • An extra 10kt/10g if you have 100+ dragons.

Clan Descriptions:

A description of your clan. It can include anything from clan traditions, to its history, leaders, mission statement, or anything else you can think of!

Quote:
*Length:
*Payment Method:
Clan Name:
History: How was your clan founded? Other important events?
Traditions/Customs: Is there a certain ritual or trial dragons have to go through to become a member of your clan? Tell me what life is like in your clan!
Leaders/dragons of note and their positions:
*Mission Statement: What is your clan's purpose? Do they want to help others? Serve their deity? Win dominance? Wage wars with other clans?
Atmosphere: What is your clan like? Are they relaxed, aggressive, fun-loving? Are they always on the watch for threats?

Pricing:

Lair Descriptions:

A physical description of the place where your clan lives.

Quote:
*Length:
*Payment Method:
*Point of View: It can be third person omniscient (normal price), or you can choose to have your bio be from the POV of someone else (see pricing below). It can be another dragon in your clan, a familiar, Pinkerton... Anyone you want! Additionally, it could also be in second person point of view (kind of like if I was giving a tour of the lair to an outsider). Second person is the normal price.
*Subregion your clan is in: You know how when you go to someone's clan profile, it'll say (for example) "venerable lair of the Rotrock Rim? Tell me which subregion yours is in. (Note: You can choose a subregion that is not the one your lair is currently located in. I'm not going to police something like that.)
Clan Name:
*Description: Give me an outline of what you want your lair to look like. Is it big or small? A cave or a bunch of interconnected treehouses? Dimly lit or full of light? Does it have a smell? Do all the dragons sleep together or do they each have a room, or a cave to themselves? Where is the hoard located? The more details, the better.

Pricing:

[center][u][b]Examples:[/b][/u][/center] [u][b]Bios: [/b][/u] Less than 250 words: [quote]Even when she was just a hatchling learning to fly on the Zephyr Steppes, Pollux was always looking to the sky, waiting for the day when she could dare the Twisting Crescendo. Though by the color of her eyes she was a Fire dragon, she had always felt the call of those swirling winds. When she was finally old enough to brave the cyclone, it was only smooth sailing for a few hours. Due to her white, crystalline scales she blended in with the tempestuous vortex of clouds and often narrowly avoided crashing into other dragons who were completely unaware of her presence. Thankfully, however, no actual collisions happened... That is, until one day she flew into another Fae wearing goggles and an emerald colored coat as he was attempting a dangerous stunt. It was love at first head on collision. Today the pair can be found whizzing through the Twisting Crescendo, egging each other on as they race and test the other’s skill. Pollux’s energetic mannerisms are quite a counterpoint to her mate Castor’s soft, gentle voice, but beneath that they both have the same mischievous tendencies. And considering how they are practically inseparable, chances are that they both end up getting scolded. But Pollux doesn’t let that get her down. She would willingly take all of the chiding in the world to remain here, because later when she escapes to the sky and the wind sings in her ears... She is home.[/quote] 250-500 words: [quote]Any of the dragons in her kingdom would tell you: Astara has always been the definition of the word “queen”. She rules the Sparrow Kingdom in an honorable and just manner, always making sure to listen to both sides of every dispute and treat everyone kindly. Everything she does is for the sake of her kingdom and its inhabitants, and the dragons beneath her praise her in the streets for her tolerance and intelligence. Astara is an incredibly clever Ridgeback. She can always find the solution to a problem, be it small or so large that her choice will determine the fate of her kingdom and the dragons in it. Stories of Astara helping her kingdom out of tough scrapes are told by dragons far and wide. She is also tolerant and forgiving, willing to give the dragons beneath her a second chance when they mess up. No one is perfect, after all, and after a few kind and wise words from Astara, most dragons do not want to fail her again. Astara is renowned for being the fastest flier in the kingdom, and can often be spotted soaring in the air or through caves with her Gloomwillow Guide, Chunky. These adventures are often impromptu and on a whim- who knows where they might take the pair? However, despite the inherent danger that might result from some of her riskier explorations, she always has fun with them and has made many lifelong friends because of them. Despite Astara being a Ridgeback, with her speed of flight comes a surprising amount of stealth. With it, she has been known to scare the living daylights out of dragons big and small when she abruptly lands next to them. Though she always apologizes when it happens, she secretly enjoys it and will sometimes go out of her way to startle someone. (There’s something quite hilarious about seeing a gigantic, fully grown male Imperial squeal like a Grasslands Trunker.) Who says that a good and honorable queen has to be a stick in the mud?[/quote] [b]Longer bio examples -500 to 700 (sometimes 700+) words- can be found [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5890770]here[/url] and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=48518&tab=dragon&did=1450624]here[/url].[/b] [i]I also try to incorporate lore from your clan/other dragons, if it's applicable. My favorite example of this is [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/lair/182341/635259/1]Zyra10's permas[/url]: I was commissioned to do all of their bios, and there is often overlap and interactions between characters.[/i] [u][b]Dragon Descriptions:[/b][/u] 250-500 words: [quote]Towering at around fifteen and a half meters, it is easy to pick Astara, the queen of the Sparrow Kingdom, out in a crowd. She has quite a regal bearing, and can easily command the attention of a crowd with it. This makes her quite an imposing figure, but the moment one starts to speak with her this intimidating impression quickly dissolves. Her scales are shiny and lavender in color, with lighter purple and blue streaks lacing through them due to her Poison gene. Her underbelly is a soft white. Dragons always feel safe under Astara’s wings, both literally (for they are quite large) and figuratively. They are quite strong too, and could blow the hats off of any dragon even by accident! Her wings shimmer in the light, switching between violet and blue when the light hits them just right. Both her horns and claws are quite sharp, and despite her status as queen and her kind personality, she will not hesitate to use them to protect herself and others from harm. Astara can usually be seen in a Dusky Peacekeeping Vest and various pieces of Dusk Rogue gear. The fabric is smooth and almost silky, and quiet when she moves. This helps her with stealth. Atop her deep purple hood is a woven crown of violets- the symbol of her station as queen. The flowers will never wilt for as long as she reigns. The green of the leaves in the crown perfectly compliments her lighter green Wind eyes. Additionally, her wings are draped in dark purple cobwebs that get caught on her wings when she flies in caves. Being rather sticky, they cling to her even when she is in flight. Astara’s tail is quite long. On its tip are orchid colored feathers, softer than the down of a Paradise Zalis. The gentle brush of those feathers has brought comfort to many dragons, from the youngest hatchling to the oldest elder. Astara is always accompanied by her Gloomwillow Guide. She met the creature on the eve of the third Trickmurk Circus, and named it Chunky. Today, the duo is inseparable, and one will often see the Gloomwillow Guide perch on Astara’s back or whiz around her head as Astara goes about managing her kingdom and the dragons within it. (Occasionally, much to their chagrin, Chunky will play tricks on the dragons around Astara. She tries her absolute best not to laugh.)[/quote] [b][u]Dragon Reviews:[/u][/b] [quote][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57604] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/577/57604_350.png[/img] [/url] The first thing that struck me with this handsome fella was the green and silver contrast. It’s hard to tell where the apparel stops and Ryujin’s colors begin, but in this case that works perfectly! I also love the slight blues on his breastplate and in the broadsword- it really helps draw out the little bits of the Denim primary that I can see. Also, great job with the peacebringer’s cowl. The white eyes it gives him match far better than the Arcane eyes would. Now, don’t even get me started on that accent! It’s so darn gorgeous, and it matches perfectly with his apparel! I’ve always been a sucker for birds and wings, and this accent is no exception. Finally, once I could tear my eyes away from Ryujin’s awesome appearance I scrolled down to read the bio. That quote from Charles de Lint is wonderfully profound, and it applies very well to Ryujin. “Raging into battle with all the inevitability of death itself” is an awesome line. Okay, but seriously. This bio hurts me. Stop it. This lil bby needs to find his home!! I'm going to go cry now.[/quote] [b][u]Clan Descriptions:[/u][/b] 500-700 words: [quote]Though the clan of Thornhollow Haven has migrated far and wide across the land of Sornieth, its birthplace was in the Sea of a Thousand Currents. Its original name has been lost in the swirling sands of time. It was a happy clan led by Artemis, a kind yet just Skydancer. Everything was perfect. Then tragedy struck. There was so much death, so much senseless death. It drove Artemis mad with grief (sometimes she would just start [i]screaming[/i]), and the tattered remains of the clan had no choice but to flee to the Southern Icefield. It was not a hospitable place for Water dragons such as them- and what little remained of the members of the clan started to dwindle as starvation and hypothermia began to set in. Then a stranger stumbled upon their pitiful settlement amongst the ice. A white and green Pearlcatcher by the name of Candra took the small group of survivors under her wing, taking the place of Artemis as leader of the clan. She was soon joined by a Mirror named Seren, and a Tundra named Briathos. Together they became known as the Three: the warrior leaders of a clan gradually recovering from both physical and mental hardships. They welcomed any misfits and outcasts who might stumble across their dwelling hidden amongst the ice and snow. However, with such questionable dragons as clanmates, it was not long before the clan began to draw the bad kind of attention. One bloody night, the clan was attacked. It was eerily reminiscent of a time long ago, when the sea was their home, not ice floes. Though the Three and their clanmates fought valiantly, it was a losing battle. They were forced to take their clan and escape to the Tangled Wood of the Shadow realm. (Candra still remembers when she went to find Artemis in her den, to tell her that they had to go [i]now[/i]. Artemis was shivering and shaking in her meager nest of Snow Streak feathers, whimpering as her nightmares became her reality for a second time- [i]please, not again, not again.[/i]) Now in the Tangled Wood, the clan settled in and started anew under a different deity’s watchful eye. They vowed to turn a new leaf and be less secretive now that there was no reason to hide. The process for admitting new members became more selective. Any newcomers must now plead their case to the Three, and if (and only if) the Three approved could they join the clan. This method has succeeded in preventing another attack. Finally, the clan took on the name of Thornhollow Haven, to reflect their surroundings and their new welcoming attitude. And though it is difficult, with some wariness the clan of Thornhollow Haven manages to live up to their name. With such baggage clinging to the oldest members like cobwebs, it is hard to let go of years worth of suspicion and caution. However, the denizens of the clan try their hardest to be open, productive, and most importantly: kind. They say that those with the brightest smiles are hiding the most pain, after all.[/quote] [u][b]Lair Descriptions:[/b][/u] 500-700 words: [quote]Deep in the Abiding Boneyard lies the Mordraci Clan’s lair. Its entrance lies in the side of a hill, and can only be seen from the north, which the entrance faces. The Creeping Tendrils -which expand the Scarred Wasteland- hang over the entrance like fleshy vines. In some spots the Tendrils have grown so long they take root in the ground, forming living columns. Despite this, even the largest dragons of the Clan can weave between them effortlessly. Inside the entrance tunnel, you will notice that the temperature increases, and the air feels sticky with moisture. Large, green, glowing pustules on the walls provide light. More Creeping Tendrils of varying length -some hanging, some columns- occupy the space. These two features- the pustules and Tendrils- can be found throughout the Lair. Lurking somewhere in the living jungle of Tendrils is a Clan member keeping watch. (What for, you ask? Dragons of other Flights, those without a Clan, unwisely wander into the Wasteland and fall sick, either becoming too sick to move or going insane. Those insane dragons will often waltz into Lairs and wreak havoc. Having a dragon on guard is especially important when hatchlings are running about, too small to defend themselves. Thankfully, the nesting grounds are deep in the complex network of tunnels, and the intruders are generally chased out before they can get to the eggs.) As you venture deeper into the Lair, stop a moment to feel the floor of the Lair, or run a claw along the walls. It feels like flesh: warm, damp, and pulsing gently, almost like a heartbeat. (This rhythm often lulls young hatchlings to sleep.) A strange, sickly scent exudes from the walls. Though dragons of other Flights find it unpleasant, no Plague dragon would feel at home without it. In the Mordraci Clan, the scent has been dubbed the Plaguemother’s Aura, or just the Aura. Continuing farther into the Lair, you will come upon a fork. Taking the left path, you will eventually find the Mordraci Clan’s hoard. Heaps and heaps of gleaming gold treasure cover the floor, and scattered among them are shining blue gems. To the right is a small tunnel that leads to a secondary chamber, this one piled high with the Clan’s findings when digging and scavenging. Should you take the right path at the fork, you will come upon a long, downwards-sloping hall with many openings. These openings are partway covered with hanging Tendrils. (The Tendrils are generally kept trimmed here, since the openings are smaller than the others, and columns are very hard to sever once they attach to the ground.) Through each opening lies a den, with a dragon living inside. The dragons from other Flights besides Plague reside in those closest to the entrance of the hallway, for the deeper you descend into the Lair, the stronger the Plaguemother’s Aura is. Occasionally, instead of an opening for a den, the hall will branch off into secondary paths with empty dens for future Clanmates. At the very end of the primary hallway is a small opening. Squeeze through, and you will find the Nesting Grounds. Five pools of neon green, sickness infused acid (guaranteed to convert the eggs of any other flight into Plague, unless they are about to hatch) lined with bones and fleshy membranes lie in the center. It is there that the translucent eggs incubate for five days under the affectionate gazes of the Clan members. Though that is all of the lair for now, the Scarred Wasteland is ever growing. Who knows, in a few days a mere indent in the wall may become an entirely new chamber. Because of this, the Clan’s lair holds many secrets, some too great to share with outsiders... [/quote]
Examples:

Bios:

Less than 250 words:
Quote:
Even when she was just a hatchling learning to fly on the Zephyr Steppes, Pollux was always looking to the sky, waiting for the day when she could dare the Twisting Crescendo. Though by the color of her eyes she was a Fire dragon, she had always felt the call of those swirling winds.

When she was finally old enough to brave the cyclone, it was only smooth sailing for a few hours. Due to her white, crystalline scales she blended in with the tempestuous vortex of clouds and often narrowly avoided crashing into other dragons who were completely unaware of her presence. Thankfully, however, no actual collisions happened... That is, until one day she flew into another Fae wearing goggles and an emerald colored coat as he was attempting a dangerous stunt.
It was love at first head on collision.

Today the pair can be found whizzing through the Twisting Crescendo, egging each other on as they race and test the other’s skill. Pollux’s energetic mannerisms are quite a counterpoint to her mate Castor’s soft, gentle voice, but beneath that they both have the same mischievous tendencies. And considering how they are practically inseparable, chances are that they both end up getting scolded.
But Pollux doesn’t let that get her down. She would willingly take all of the chiding in the world to remain here, because later when she escapes to the sky and the wind sings in her ears...

She is home.

250-500 words:
Quote:
Any of the dragons in her kingdom would tell you: Astara has always been the definition of the word “queen”. She rules the Sparrow Kingdom in an honorable and just manner, always making sure to listen to both sides of every dispute and treat everyone kindly. Everything she does is for the sake of her kingdom and its inhabitants, and the dragons beneath her praise her in the streets for her tolerance and intelligence.
Astara is an incredibly clever Ridgeback. She can always find the solution to a problem, be it small or so large that her choice will determine the fate of her kingdom and the dragons in it. Stories of Astara helping her kingdom out of tough scrapes are told by dragons far and wide.
She is also tolerant and forgiving, willing to give the dragons beneath her a second chance when they mess up. No one is perfect, after all, and after a few kind and wise words from Astara, most dragons do not want to fail her again.

Astara is renowned for being the fastest flier in the kingdom, and can often be spotted soaring in the air or through caves with her Gloomwillow Guide, Chunky. These adventures are often impromptu and on a whim- who knows where they might take the pair? However, despite the inherent danger that might result from some of her riskier explorations, she always has fun with them and has made many lifelong friends because of them.

Despite Astara being a Ridgeback, with her speed of flight comes a surprising amount of stealth. With it, she has been known to scare the living daylights out of dragons big and small when she abruptly lands next to them. Though she always apologizes when it happens, she secretly enjoys it and will sometimes go out of her way to startle someone. (There’s something quite hilarious about seeing a gigantic, fully grown male Imperial squeal like a Grasslands Trunker.) Who says that a good and honorable queen has to be a stick in the mud?

Longer bio examples -500 to 700 (sometimes 700+) words- can be found here and here.

I also try to incorporate lore from your clan/other dragons, if it's applicable. My favorite example of this is Zyra10's permas: I was commissioned to do all of their bios, and there is often overlap and interactions between characters.

Dragon Descriptions:

250-500 words:
Quote:
Towering at around fifteen and a half meters, it is easy to pick Astara, the queen of the Sparrow Kingdom, out in a crowd. She has quite a regal bearing, and can easily command the attention of a crowd with it. This makes her quite an imposing figure, but the moment one starts to speak with her this intimidating impression quickly dissolves.
Her scales are shiny and lavender in color, with lighter purple and blue streaks lacing through them due to her Poison gene. Her underbelly is a soft white.
Dragons always feel safe under Astara’s wings, both literally (for they are quite large) and figuratively. They are quite strong too, and could blow the hats off of any dragon even by accident! Her wings shimmer in the light, switching between violet and blue when the light hits them just right.
Both her horns and claws are quite sharp, and despite her status as queen and her kind personality, she will not hesitate to use them to protect herself and others from harm.

Astara can usually be seen in a Dusky Peacekeeping Vest and various pieces of Dusk Rogue gear. The fabric is smooth and almost silky, and quiet when she moves. This helps her with stealth. Atop her deep purple hood is a woven crown of violets- the symbol of her station as queen. The flowers will never wilt for as long as she reigns. The green of the leaves in the crown perfectly compliments her lighter green Wind eyes.

Additionally, her wings are draped in dark purple cobwebs that get caught on her wings when she flies in caves. Being rather sticky, they cling to her even when she is in flight.
Astara’s tail is quite long. On its tip are orchid colored feathers, softer than the down of a Paradise Zalis. The gentle brush of those feathers has brought comfort to many dragons, from the youngest hatchling to the oldest elder.

Astara is always accompanied by her Gloomwillow Guide. She met the creature on the eve of the third Trickmurk Circus, and named it Chunky. Today, the duo is inseparable, and one will often see the Gloomwillow Guide perch on Astara’s back or whiz around her head as Astara goes about managing her kingdom and the dragons within it. (Occasionally, much to their chagrin, Chunky will play tricks on the dragons around Astara. She tries her absolute best not to laugh.)

Dragon Reviews:
Quote:

57604_350.png

The first thing that struck me with this handsome fella was the green and silver contrast. It’s hard to tell where the apparel stops and Ryujin’s colors begin, but in this case that works perfectly! I also love the slight blues on his breastplate and in the broadsword- it really helps draw out the little bits of the Denim primary that I can see. Also, great job with the peacebringer’s cowl. The white eyes it gives him match far better than the Arcane eyes would.
Now, don’t even get me started on that accent! It’s so darn gorgeous, and it matches perfectly with his apparel! I’ve always been a sucker for birds and wings, and this accent is no exception.
Finally, once I could tear my eyes away from Ryujin’s awesome appearance I scrolled down to read the bio.
That quote from Charles de Lint is wonderfully profound, and it applies very well to Ryujin.
“Raging into battle with all the inevitability of death itself” is an awesome line.
Okay, but seriously. This bio hurts me. Stop it. This lil bby needs to find his home!! I'm going to go cry now.

Clan Descriptions:

500-700 words:
Quote:
Though the clan of Thornhollow Haven has migrated far and wide across the land of Sornieth, its birthplace was in the Sea of a Thousand Currents. Its original name has been lost in the swirling sands of time. It was a happy clan led by Artemis, a kind yet just Skydancer. Everything was perfect.
Then tragedy struck.
There was so much death, so much senseless death. It drove Artemis mad with grief (sometimes she would just start screaming), and the tattered remains of the clan had no choice but to flee to the Southern Icefield. It was not a hospitable place for Water dragons such as them- and what little remained of the members of the clan started to dwindle as starvation and hypothermia began to set in.
Then a stranger stumbled upon their pitiful settlement amongst the ice. A white and green Pearlcatcher by the name of Candra took the small group of survivors under her wing, taking the place of Artemis as leader of the clan. She was soon joined by a Mirror named Seren, and a Tundra named Briathos. Together they became known as the Three: the warrior leaders of a clan gradually recovering from both physical and mental hardships. They welcomed any misfits and outcasts who might stumble across their dwelling hidden amongst the ice and snow.
However, with such questionable dragons as clanmates, it was not long before the clan began to draw the bad kind of attention.
One bloody night, the clan was attacked. It was eerily reminiscent of a time long ago, when the sea was their home, not ice floes. Though the Three and their clanmates fought valiantly, it was a losing battle. They were forced to take their clan and escape to the Tangled Wood of the Shadow realm. (Candra still remembers when she went to find Artemis in her den, to tell her that they had to go now. Artemis was shivering and shaking in her meager nest of Snow Streak feathers, whimpering as her nightmares became her reality for a second time- please, not again, not again.)
Now in the Tangled Wood, the clan settled in and started anew under a different deity’s watchful eye. They vowed to turn a new leaf and be less secretive now that there was no reason to hide.
The process for admitting new members became more selective. Any newcomers must now plead their case to the Three, and if (and only if) the Three approved could they join the clan. This method has succeeded in preventing another attack.
Finally, the clan took on the name of Thornhollow Haven, to reflect their surroundings and their new welcoming attitude. And though it is difficult, with some wariness the clan of Thornhollow Haven manages to live up to their name. With such baggage clinging to the oldest members like cobwebs, it is hard to let go of years worth of suspicion and caution. However, the denizens of the clan try their hardest to be open, productive, and most importantly: kind.
They say that those with the brightest smiles are hiding the most pain, after all.

Lair Descriptions:

500-700 words:
Quote:
Deep in the Abiding Boneyard lies the Mordraci Clan’s lair. Its entrance lies in the side of a hill, and can only be seen from the north, which the entrance faces. The Creeping Tendrils -which expand the Scarred Wasteland- hang over the entrance like fleshy vines. In some spots the Tendrils have grown so long they take root in the ground, forming living columns. Despite this, even the largest dragons of the Clan can weave between them effortlessly.

Inside the entrance tunnel, you will notice that the temperature increases, and the air feels sticky with moisture. Large, green, glowing pustules on the walls provide light. More Creeping Tendrils of varying length -some hanging, some columns- occupy the space. These two features- the pustules and Tendrils- can be found throughout the Lair. Lurking somewhere in the living jungle of Tendrils is a Clan member keeping watch. (What for, you ask? Dragons of other Flights, those without a Clan, unwisely wander into the Wasteland and fall sick, either becoming too sick to move or going insane. Those insane dragons will often waltz into Lairs and wreak havoc. Having a dragon on guard is especially important when hatchlings are running about, too small to defend themselves. Thankfully, the nesting grounds are deep in the complex network of tunnels, and the intruders are generally chased out before they can get to the eggs.)

As you venture deeper into the Lair, stop a moment to feel the floor of the Lair, or run a claw along the walls. It feels like flesh: warm, damp, and pulsing gently, almost like a heartbeat. (This rhythm often lulls young hatchlings to sleep.) A strange, sickly scent exudes from the walls. Though dragons of other Flights find it unpleasant, no Plague dragon would feel at home without it. In the Mordraci Clan, the scent has been dubbed the Plaguemother’s Aura, or just the Aura.

Continuing farther into the Lair, you will come upon a fork. Taking the left path, you will eventually find the Mordraci Clan’s hoard. Heaps and heaps of gleaming gold treasure cover the floor, and scattered among them are shining blue gems. To the right is a small tunnel that leads to a secondary chamber, this one piled high with the Clan’s findings when digging and scavenging.

Should you take the right path at the fork, you will come upon a long, downwards-sloping hall with many openings. These openings are partway covered with hanging Tendrils. (The Tendrils are generally kept trimmed here, since the openings are smaller than the others, and columns are very hard to sever once they attach to the ground.) Through each opening lies a den, with a dragon living inside. The dragons from other Flights besides Plague reside in those closest to the entrance of the hallway, for the deeper you descend into the Lair, the stronger the Plaguemother’s Aura is. Occasionally, instead of an opening for a den, the hall will branch off into secondary paths with empty dens for future Clanmates.

At the very end of the primary hallway is a small opening. Squeeze through, and you will find the Nesting Grounds. Five pools of neon green, sickness infused acid (guaranteed to convert the eggs of any other flight into Plague, unless they are about to hatch) lined with bones and fleshy membranes lie in the center. It is there that the translucent eggs incubate for five days under the affectionate gazes of the Clan members.

Though that is all of the lair for now, the Scarred Wasteland is ever growing. Who knows, in a few days a mere indent in the wall may become an entirely new chamber. Because of this, the Clan’s lair holds many secrets, some too great to share with outsiders...
Open for business!
Open for business!
Bump~!
Bump~!
All slots open!
All slots open!
@Skifter
I'd like to order a lair description c:

*Length: ~250-500 words
*Payment Method: treasure
*Point of View: third person
*Subregion your clan is in: The Wyrmwound
Clan Name: none yet, but maybe something neat will arise from this
*Description:
I'm not quite sure what's possible or fitting together with the overall FR lore, but this is an idea I had.
Either the entire lair or the 'heart piece' of it is constructed out of the bones of some ancient being, or just a really large dragon (Perhaps deceased due to the effects of the lake?). It's held together by roots, vines and all that stuff you can find in the area. The lair is big, dimly lit, and has different rooms for certain sections of the clan's infrastructure. E.g. something like a 'throne room' for the clan's leader, a set of rooms or a section for dragons with craft-type jobs, a warm and secure place for nests, etc. The nests as well as the hoard/treasury are some of the most secure places. Dragons of higher ranks usually have their own place to sleep, unless otherwise desired. There's a special area comparable to soldier's barracks, where all the regular warriors have a place to rest. When dragons have mates, they tend to have a separate room to share with their mate, whereas those without mate are usually in a collective sleeping area.
Additional Notes:
Perhaps that the clan has a military-type structure overall, so warriors and their superiors make up a large and important part of it.

I'd love to request some clan lore at a later point as well, but I'm still lacking ideas...
@Skifter
I'd like to order a lair description c:

*Length: ~250-500 words
*Payment Method: treasure
*Point of View: third person
*Subregion your clan is in: The Wyrmwound
Clan Name: none yet, but maybe something neat will arise from this
*Description:
I'm not quite sure what's possible or fitting together with the overall FR lore, but this is an idea I had.
Either the entire lair or the 'heart piece' of it is constructed out of the bones of some ancient being, or just a really large dragon (Perhaps deceased due to the effects of the lake?). It's held together by roots, vines and all that stuff you can find in the area. The lair is big, dimly lit, and has different rooms for certain sections of the clan's infrastructure. E.g. something like a 'throne room' for the clan's leader, a set of rooms or a section for dragons with craft-type jobs, a warm and secure place for nests, etc. The nests as well as the hoard/treasury are some of the most secure places. Dragons of higher ranks usually have their own place to sleep, unless otherwise desired. There's a special area comparable to soldier's barracks, where all the regular warriors have a place to rest. When dragons have mates, they tend to have a separate room to share with their mate, whereas those without mate are usually in a collective sleeping area.
Additional Notes:
Perhaps that the clan has a military-type structure overall, so warriors and their superiors make up a large and important part of it.

I'd love to request some clan lore at a later point as well, but I'm still lacking ideas...
+9 FR Time
fbwG7W5.pngDmRdZYl.png
@Skifter *Name: Blaire *Link to Dragon: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22557890] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/225579/22557890_350.png[/img] [/url] *Length of Bio: 250 words or less *Payment Method: Treasure *Point of View: Third person *Personality: Peppy, ditzy/airheaded *Do you want me to strictly stick to canon lore: Doesn't matter. No, maybe? Backstory: All up to you! Mate/Best Friend/Enemy: Her mate is Caligo, he's right next to her in my lair if you need to check his bio. Familiar: N/A. Familiar doesn't need to be mentioned. Tone: Informative. Just a description of her personality and role in the clan. Other Notes: I want her to have a love of flowers. I also want her to be the seer of the clan. Her mate Caligo is a prophet.
@Skifter

*Name: Blaire
*Link to Dragon:
22557890_350.png

*Length of Bio: 250 words or less
*Payment Method: Treasure
*Point of View: Third person
*Personality: Peppy, ditzy/airheaded
*Do you want me to strictly stick to canon lore: Doesn't matter. No, maybe?
Backstory: All up to you!
Mate/Best Friend/Enemy: Her mate is Caligo, he's right next to her in my lair if you need to check his bio.
Familiar: N/A. Familiar doesn't need to be mentioned.
Tone: Informative. Just a description of her personality and role in the clan.
Other Notes: I want her to have a love of flowers. I also want her to be the seer of the clan. Her mate Caligo is a prophet.
9d11366f2d678472ace38a6e2311a4162142dafe.pngc606edbc4eb0e9fc5f363d0a028913517bcfdd6f.pngf77dd2353663cc89fe0668da0c86703e666d76bf.png
35cb8654572db4db5b4520c6e28f636d01bdf0c7.png555e3ba7f82dd592b638a85ef9deb25dff5daab3.png49dbd7b5f3a522b38f038622c0fc08016c5b26a1.png
@Bioslice Sounds like fun! I'll get started as soon as you send over the payment. (15kt!)

@Starfait I'd be happy to write this! Just send over the treasure and I'll get to work! (10k!)
@Bioslice Sounds like fun! I'll get started as soon as you send over the payment. (15kt!)

@Starfait I'd be happy to write this! Just send over the treasure and I'll get to work! (10k!)
@Skifter
Oh, I'd like some dragon reviews :D

*Link to dragon(s): Ryujin Tourmaline Carnelian Celeste Opal

*Payment Method: T

*Physical or bio focus: Both
@Skifter
Oh, I'd like some dragon reviews :D

*Link to dragon(s): Ryujin Tourmaline Carnelian Celeste Opal

*Payment Method: T

*Physical or bio focus: Both
leWQTdB.png5hF3FGk.png