Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | A Touch of Poetry - PWYW Poetry - CLOSED
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 33 34
CLOSED, as I am gone on hiatus. :) Stay beautiful, everyone! ------ ------ [center][size=5][b][u]"A Touch of Poetry"[/u][/b][/size][/center] ----- ----- [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9566027] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/95661/9566027_350.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol] "Hello, lovelies! I, Meadowtouch, am here to grace you with song. The subject, of course, is [i]whatever[/i] you desire. The price? Why, exactly the same - whatever [i]you[/i] desire. Interested? Please read this tedious ledger for more details." [/columns] [quote=The Tedious Ledger] **Meadowtouch is a poet. This is a poetry shop. The poetry is composed in Meadowtouch's point of view. Sometimes it's a little strange. **The price of a poem is [b]at least one item or a monetary payment[/b]. Technically you could pay one treasure, and that would be fine. Ideally you pay how much you think the poem is worth to you, but no one's going to chase you down and demand payment. If you want to be a jerk and not pay the artist, that's the risk I'm taking. **Please render payment [b]AFTER[/b] the poem is complete. Turn-around is swift, because they're not very complicated [s]or especially dazzling[/s] poems. **[b]You may only request one poem at a time.[/b] I love to write for everyone, but it makes it easier for me to keep a pace going if I'm not waiting to post what I've already finished. [b]You may request a new poem as soon as your previous one has been posted.[/b] **Poem length is at the artist's discretion. I generally make it as long as I feel necessary to express the point, and then just be done. **[b]I will not write on certain themes[/b], namely sexually explicit themes or incest. If you are unsure if what you want falls in these themes, please feel free to PM me for clarification. I will not judge you or try to make you feel ashamed. I just don't feel comfortable writing about those things. Thank you for understanding. **There are no edits. If you do not like the poem, I'm sorry. I did my best. This is for fun, and I'd rather it stay that way. **You may use the poem for your profile page, a dragon's info page, whatever. [b]I do ask that you please credit me by username & number (ixris/26035)[/b] and if you wish to direct credit to Meadowtouch. [/quote] "Are you interested, lovely? Perhaps you would like to hear an example, which I composed while ruminating on matters of the heart. I call it "The Terns." Please, won't you attend?" [quote="The Terns"]I can see the terns Have nested Along the cliffs that ring With echoes of the surf below The water Races along the sand Gentle as your touch Salt Cakes The cliff face Just as it had before When the terns last nested In this same cliff And you were by my side[/quote] "What do you think, lovely? Do you care to [b]request a song?[/b] If so, I unfortunately have another tedious ledger, this time for you to complete. [b][/b] Fill out what you can, and leave the rest blank. I really don't mind." [quote=A tedious ledger for you to complete] Poem ordered by: (your username OR if it's commissioned by a dragon for someone else, please provide a link.) Theme: (What the poem is about - love, anger, pride, winning, etc) Regarding Whom: (If you want it about a certain dragon, and that might not be immediately clear, please put that here) Mood: (How the poem feels - happy, sad, bittersweet, fun, etc) Creative nudges you might think I need to know: (It is WAY easier for me to write if I know something about your dragon, and if you don't have a bio, here is a great place to write a few words to tell me something about them or a specific situation in their life which may be important to know.) Please remember to ping! [/quote] "Perfect! Now, give me a few moments to ruminate on the topic at hand. I shall attend you with song when it is complete."
CLOSED, as I am gone on hiatus. :) Stay beautiful, everyone!

"A Touch of Poetry"

9566027_350.png
"Hello, lovelies!

I, Meadowtouch, am here to grace you with song. The subject, of course, is whatever you desire. The price? Why, exactly the same - whatever you desire.

Interested? Please read this tedious ledger for more details."
The Tedious Ledger wrote:

**Meadowtouch is a poet. This is a poetry shop. The poetry is composed in Meadowtouch's point of view. Sometimes it's a little strange.

**The price of a poem is at least one item or a monetary payment. Technically you could pay one treasure, and that would be fine. Ideally you pay how much you think the poem is worth to you, but no one's going to chase you down and demand payment. If you want to be a jerk and not pay the artist, that's the risk I'm taking.

**Please render payment AFTER the poem is complete. Turn-around is swift, because they're not very complicated or especially dazzling poems.

**You may only request one poem at a time. I love to write for everyone, but it makes it easier for me to keep a pace going if I'm not waiting to post what I've already finished. You may request a new poem as soon as your previous one has been posted.

**Poem length is at the artist's discretion. I generally make it as long as I feel necessary to express the point, and then just be done.

**I will not write on certain themes, namely sexually explicit themes or incest. If you are unsure if what you want falls in these themes, please feel free to PM me for clarification. I will not judge you or try to make you feel ashamed. I just don't feel comfortable writing about those things. Thank you for understanding.

**There are no edits. If you do not like the poem, I'm sorry. I did my best. This is for fun, and I'd rather it stay that way.

**You may use the poem for your profile page, a dragon's info page, whatever. I do ask that you please credit me by username & number (ixris/26035) and if you wish to direct credit to Meadowtouch.

"Are you interested, lovely? Perhaps you would like to hear an example, which I composed while ruminating on matters of the heart. I call it "The Terns." Please, won't you attend?"

The Terns wrote:
I can see the terns
Have nested
Along the cliffs that ring
With echoes of the surf below

The water
Races along the sand
Gentle as your touch

Salt
Cakes
The cliff face

Just as it had before

When the terns last nested
In this same cliff

And you were by my side

"What do you think, lovely? Do you care to request a song? If so, I unfortunately have another tedious ledger, this time for you to complete. Fill out what you can, and leave the rest blank. I really don't mind."
A tedious ledger for you to complete wrote:
Poem ordered by: (your username OR if it's commissioned by a dragon for someone else, please provide a link.)

Theme: (What the poem is about - love, anger, pride, winning, etc)

Regarding Whom: (If you want it about a certain dragon, and that might not be immediately clear, please put that here)

Mood: (How the poem feels - happy, sad, bittersweet, fun, etc)

Creative nudges you might think I need to know: (It is WAY easier for me to write if I know something about your dragon, and if you don't have a bio, here is a great place to write a few words to tell me something about them or a specific situation in their life which may be important to know.)

Please remember to ping!

"Perfect! Now, give me a few moments to ruminate on the topic at hand. I shall attend you with song when it is complete."
Okay, you've captured my interest (Medowtouch is quite the dragon). Would you please write a poem about Barakiel and Cahetel? They are on page three of my lair ( http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=91970&page=3 ).

Poem ordered by: AncientMariner (91970)
Theme: Love
Mood: Bittersweet (does that make sense? Forgive me)
Creative nudges you might think I need to know: There is information about Barakiel in his bio, while Cahetel is a fairly new addtion to the clan. As such, he is rather mysterious (meaning I haven't written anything about him...). Nonetheless, he and Barakiel get along quite well, which is surprising to everyone. Even so, Cahetel feels the urge to explore the world, and even love might not be enough to convince him to stay in one place--but he will try for Barakiel's sake.

Please remember to ping! @ixris

(Also, I am very sorry if that is way too much information!)
Thank you!
Okay, you've captured my interest (Medowtouch is quite the dragon). Would you please write a poem about Barakiel and Cahetel? They are on page three of my lair ( http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=91970&page=3 ).

Poem ordered by: AncientMariner (91970)
Theme: Love
Mood: Bittersweet (does that make sense? Forgive me)
Creative nudges you might think I need to know: There is information about Barakiel in his bio, while Cahetel is a fairly new addtion to the clan. As such, he is rather mysterious (meaning I haven't written anything about him...). Nonetheless, he and Barakiel get along quite well, which is surprising to everyone. Even so, Cahetel feels the urge to explore the world, and even love might not be enough to convince him to stay in one place--but he will try for Barakiel's sake.

Please remember to ping! @ixris

(Also, I am very sorry if that is way too much information!)
Thank you!
Please remember that you (yes, you) are loved and important. Stay strong!
61.png
Grimmer | he/him | dead lair? what dead lair? | +3 fr | I love plague but I miss bossdad
@AncientMariner - ((Yeah, he's a piece of work, lol. Thank you, and here is your poem! :) )) "My darling, I apologize for the delay. However, art - true [i]art[/i] - has been created for you and the love with which you have inspired me! Please, attend while I recite for you this piece!" [quote="Glass Heart"]My feet can feel no pain Nor the softness of your mane Nor the tender tracings of your touch Along their scales My words are bound My tongue silenced My heart sick For you talk Sometimes Of elsewhere Of firey mountains Or tangled woods Or ocean's surf You talk of stars beneath foreign skies But, my love, do you not know? Your night-black rooks' wings Are filled with stars Of our making And my dreams - Shattered - Shine brightly, nestled within them If you leave, I will hold you As bottled lightning And hope to see you Carbon-etched Upon the shards you have made my heart[/quote]
@AncientMariner - ((Yeah, he's a piece of work, lol. Thank you, and here is your poem! :) ))

"My darling, I apologize for the delay. However, art - true art - has been created for you and the love with which you have inspired me! Please, attend while I recite for you this piece!"
Glass Heart wrote:
My feet can feel no pain
Nor the softness of your mane
Nor the tender tracings of your touch
Along their scales

My words are bound
My tongue silenced
My heart sick

For you talk
Sometimes
Of elsewhere

Of firey mountains
Or tangled woods
Or ocean's surf

You talk of stars beneath foreign skies

But, my love, do you not know?

Your night-black rooks' wings
Are filled with stars
Of our making

And my dreams -
Shattered -
Shine brightly, nestled within them

If you leave, I will hold you
As bottled lightning

And hope to see you
Carbon-etched
Upon the shards you have made my heart
@ixris Oh dear. Yes, yes I do think my darling Brocade should have some form of poetry made for him or in his honor or in spite of him or... something along one of those lines. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7056717] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/70568/7056717_350.png[/img] [/url] Poem ordered by: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=83663]Quis[/url] Theme: Artist's license Mood: As the spirit strikes you darling. Creative nudges you might think I need to know: Everything you could possibly want to know or wish you hadn't known is in his bio. (Plus, you know, we're friends so I've already shouted at you about him.)
@ixris
Oh dear. Yes, yes I do think my darling Brocade should have some form of poetry made for him or in his honor or in spite of him or... something along one of those lines.

7056717_350.png

Poem ordered by: Quis
Theme: Artist's license
Mood: As the spirit strikes you darling.
Creative nudges you might think I need to know: Everything you could possibly want to know or wish you hadn't known is in his bio. (Plus, you know, we're friends so I've already shouted at you about him.)

hh5n4WA.png
Wn94zHr.png
UTDCqkh.png
QUIpVFE.png
mlHpBMC.png

dRCKSyU.png
@Quis - "Oh, a song for my old ... uh... well, I knew him once, anyway. I am pleased to hear he is up to nobler pursuits now that he has been ... transplanted, if you will pardon the jest." [quote="A Mistake of Identity"]Nestled in the shady glen A glint of armor A tuft of fur The brightness a paint Brought by no natural brush It shifts It moves It runs! Give chase! Give chase! The quarry is ours! Yes! Yes! Strike! A raised claw An open maw But--! It seems the error ours And our hunting howl Becomes our Death Knell[/quote]
@Quis -

"Oh, a song for my old ... uh... well, I knew him once, anyway. I am pleased to hear he is up to nobler pursuits now that he has been ... transplanted, if you will pardon the jest."
A Mistake of Identity wrote:
Nestled in the shady glen
A glint of armor
A tuft of fur
The brightness a paint
Brought by no natural brush

It shifts
It moves

It runs!

Give chase!
Give chase!

The quarry is ours!
Yes! Yes! Strike!

A raised claw
An open maw

But--!

It seems the error ours
And our hunting howl

Becomes our
Death
Knell
@ixris *cackle* Ah yes. This is good, very good. That might have to go in Brocade's bio later. I realized I do have at least one more dragon that you're quite fond of. One more poem for the night? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11133809] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/111339/11133809_350.png[/img] [/url] Poem ordered by: Quis Theme: So entirely up to you Mood: Likewise Creative nudges you might think I need to know: Just the keening noises you make whenever you look at her for too long. And, you know, her bio's filled too.
@ixris *cackle* Ah yes. This is good, very good. That might have to go in Brocade's bio later.

I realized I do have at least one more dragon that you're quite fond of. One more poem for the night?

11133809_350.png

Poem ordered by: Quis
Theme: So entirely up to you
Mood: Likewise
Creative nudges you might think I need to know: Just the keening noises you make whenever you look at her for too long. And, you know, her bio's filled too.

hh5n4WA.png
Wn94zHr.png
UTDCqkh.png
QUIpVFE.png
mlHpBMC.png

dRCKSyU.png
Poem ordered by: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=196708]Kairo[/url] Theme: Sort of... Warrior-like? If that makes sense? Mood: Defiant, strong Creative nudges you might think I need to know: Just try anything you want :). @ixris [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20342252] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/203423/20342252_350.png[/img] [/url]
Poem ordered by: Kairo
Theme: Sort of... Warrior-like? If that makes sense?
Mood: Defiant, strong
Creative nudges you might think I need to know: Just try anything you want :).

@ixris

20342252_350.png
9CxYF0H.png
@Quis - ((Hnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhh D: )) "Ah, for a sister. It seems her thoughts are mine. Please. First a quiet moment, for those who cannot share in our bright days." [quote="Of Things Beautiful"] Every season bears its fruit Every flower's head will fall For us Time comes In rivers fast And tides run slow There may be No tomorrow but crafted beauty Etched forever in Hearts Stained with our memories When she dies - For it is 'when' surely - Let them remember her With seed and stalk With petal bright With oak bent patiently In mimicry of wind Let them remember her As a maker Of things beautiful[/quote]
@Quis - ((Hnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhh D: ))

"Ah, for a sister. It seems her thoughts are mine. Please. First a quiet moment, for those who cannot share in our bright days."
Of Things Beautiful wrote:
Every season bears its fruit

Every flower's head will fall

For us
Time comes
In rivers fast
And tides run slow

There may be
No tomorrow but crafted beauty
Etched forever in
Hearts
Stained with our memories

When she dies -
For it is 'when' surely -
Let them remember her
With seed and stalk

With petal bright

With oak bent patiently
In mimicry of wind

Let them remember her
As a maker
Of things beautiful
@ixris

An imperial browsing the bustling market pauses briefly to listen to a recitation or two before hesitantly (and a bit hastily, his glance shifting left and right on more than one occasion) filling out the form presented. Moments later, the apparent reason for such caution appears in the form of a much smaller dragon. The imperial smiles genuinely at his mate as she shows off her newest marketplace acquisitions.

Poem ordered by: Nimbus
Theme: For Cirrus~
Mood: As the muse strikes
Creative nudges you might think I need to know: Short bios for each of them if you need. ^.^;;

(Because apparently you needed to write more sappy love poems. XD)
@ixris

An imperial browsing the bustling market pauses briefly to listen to a recitation or two before hesitantly (and a bit hastily, his glance shifting left and right on more than one occasion) filling out the form presented. Moments later, the apparent reason for such caution appears in the form of a much smaller dragon. The imperial smiles genuinely at his mate as she shows off her newest marketplace acquisitions.

Poem ordered by: Nimbus
Theme: For Cirrus~
Mood: As the muse strikes
Creative nudges you might think I need to know: Short bios for each of them if you need. ^.^;;

(Because apparently you needed to write more sappy love poems. XD)
oCncKRN.pngfMavjLd.png cLFnpYb.pngrPlnNii.png
@Kairo - ((oh man, what a pretty G1! Your poem is finished. :) )) "A fighter who yet enjoys the arts - how delightful. Please, for the lady, a song." [quote="Do Not Mistake"]Do not mistake Her pale color For a pale heart She has known victory Her talons Have struck down All who block her path She yields To the strength of none Her scars earned Long before this meeting[/quote]
@Kairo - ((oh man, what a pretty G1! Your poem is finished. :) ))

"A fighter who yet enjoys the arts - how delightful. Please, for the lady, a song."
Do Not Mistake wrote:
Do not mistake
Her pale color
For a pale heart

She has known victory

Her talons
Have struck down
All who block her path

She yields
To the strength of none

Her scars earned
Long before this meeting