Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | BrightIce's Word Shop [open]
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/xOCgnbz.png[/img][/center] I've decided to open my own word shop! I'm a bit hesitant since if it does well it will take time away from my "real" writing. Then again, my dragons always need new stuffs so we'll see how it goes. I write fantasy and SF as K.C. Shaw. I won't link to my website because my latest book is not appropriate for younger readers. I have several books available, though, and lots of short stories in lots of magazines and anthologies. [b]The Rules[/b], because there always have to be rules: 1. I will not write anything NSFW or against FR's guidelines. 2. You don't have to credit me or link to me (although it would be nice), but don't tell anyone you wrote what I wrote. 3. If you want to post my writing outside of the FR site, credit me as K.C. Shaw. A link to my website would be gracious. 4. Do not change what I write (beyond, like, a character name or something trivial like that). 5. I'm only writing about FR dragons. No OCs, sorry. [b][u]Pricing![/u][/b] [b]Simple bios[/b], one or two paragraphs long: [b]5k[/b] [b]Longer bio or simple story[/b]/vignette/drabble/whatever you want to call it, <500 words: [b]60k or 100 gems[/b] [b]Full flash story[/b], 500-1,000 words: [b]750,000 treasure, 1000 gems, or US$12[/b] [b]Short story[/b], 1,000-2,000 words: [b]1.5 mil treasure, 2000 gems or US$22[/b] It takes me way, way longer to write a flash or full-length short story than it does to write a drabble, and when I'm putting hours into a story for you I could be writing a story for me that I then sell to a magazine for a lot more than I'm charging here. [b]Please pay in advance[/b] after you've pinged me and I've accepted your commission. If for some reason I can't get to your story in a reasonable time (3 or 4 days) I'll refund your payment in full. [b]Alternate Forms of Payment[/b] Yeah, I like stuff. I'm especially looking for retired apparel from 2014 and earlier. If you have a familiar I need, I'll be happy to take it in payment or partial payment. I also like unhatched eggs. Currently I need a fire egg for the last egg achievement. If you have this guy: [item=red-footed akirbeak] We can come to...an arrangement. [b]What I need from you besides all your money:[/b] The more information you can give me, the more likely you are to get a bio/story that you really like. Be as detailed as you like, and if there's a super important detail you absolutely need in the bio/story, definitely let me know. If you'd prefer to PM me with the details that's fine. If you don't give me any details I will make stuff up. I'm fine with that, of course, but if I make up something that doesn't fit what was in your brain, you can't blame me for not reading your mind. [b]Your banner says "& More" so what is that exactly?[/b] If you want a few paragraphs or a full story about your lair, for example, I can do that. Just ask and we'll work out a price depending on what you want. I won't give you ideas without actually being contracted to write something, though.
xOCgnbz.png

I've decided to open my own word shop! I'm a bit hesitant since if it does well it will take time away from my "real" writing. Then again, my dragons always need new stuffs so we'll see how it goes.

I write fantasy and SF as K.C. Shaw. I won't link to my website because my latest book is not appropriate for younger readers. I have several books available, though, and lots of short stories in lots of magazines and anthologies.

The Rules, because there always have to be rules:
1. I will not write anything NSFW or against FR's guidelines.
2. You don't have to credit me or link to me (although it would be nice), but don't tell anyone you wrote what I wrote.
3. If you want to post my writing outside of the FR site, credit me as K.C. Shaw. A link to my website would be gracious.
4. Do not change what I write (beyond, like, a character name or something trivial like that).
5. I'm only writing about FR dragons. No OCs, sorry.

Pricing!
Simple bios, one or two paragraphs long: 5k
Longer bio or simple story/vignette/drabble/whatever you want to call it, <500 words: 60k or 100 gems
Full flash story, 500-1,000 words: 750,000 treasure, 1000 gems, or US$12
Short story, 1,000-2,000 words: 1.5 mil treasure, 2000 gems or US$22

It takes me way, way longer to write a flash or full-length short story than it does to write a drabble, and when I'm putting hours into a story for you I could be writing a story for me that I then sell to a magazine for a lot more than I'm charging here.

Please pay in advance after you've pinged me and I've accepted your commission. If for some reason I can't get to your story in a reasonable time (3 or 4 days) I'll refund your payment in full.

Alternate Forms of Payment
Yeah, I like stuff. I'm especially looking for retired apparel from 2014 and earlier. If you have a familiar I need, I'll be happy to take it in payment or partial payment. I also like unhatched eggs. Currently I need a fire egg for the last egg achievement.

If you have this guy:
Red-Footed Akirbeak
We can come to...an arrangement.

What I need from you besides all your money:
The more information you can give me, the more likely you are to get a bio/story that you really like. Be as detailed as you like, and if there's a super important detail you absolutely need in the bio/story, definitely let me know. If you'd prefer to PM me with the details that's fine. If you don't give me any details I will make stuff up. I'm fine with that, of course, but if I make up something that doesn't fit what was in your brain, you can't blame me for not reading your mind.

Your banner says "& More" so what is that exactly?
If you want a few paragraphs or a full story about your lair, for example, I can do that. Just ask and we'll work out a price depending on what you want. I won't give you ideas without actually being contracted to write something, though.
XW2PxEW.png
Examples of my work!

This will give you an idea of my writing style and also the length/complexity of each category.

Short bios (these are what most people think of when they think of bios):
Isabella
Ministry
Starseeker
Paladin
And a few more.

Drabble/simple short story:
North

Flash story:
Ellise
Evershine

A full short story would be longer than the ones above and with a more complex plot. I don't have any examples of those yet.

My dragon North's drabble (for those of you who don't want to click through):
Quote:
North paused to take his ring off before he slipped into the pond. He always left it on a particular flat rock so he wouldn't lose it. He'd found the ring in the jungle during a patrol, had planned to give it to his mate Jett that evening. That was the same day she left him.

He scrubbed the Mire muck from his paws with sand. He should throw the ring back where he found it. But then he wouldn't have the ring, and nothing else would have changed.

The ring wouldn't have fit Jett's small fingers anyway.

Even after so many months, he dreaded going home. He and Jett had never talked much, since he wasn't a good conversationalist and she was a fae. But the silence now was empty, lifeless. His former interests no longer held his attention.

"Is this yours?"

North blinked water from his eyes and glanced up. He didn't recognize the voice, and when he saw the dragon he didn't recognize her either. She was a mirror like him, brightly patterned and elegant. Her ruby wings arched over her back.

"Oh. Yeah. I took it off to wash."

"Are you about done washing?"

"I suppose so." North splashed water over his wings and shook them, droplets spinning away in the sun. He didn't know what the stranger wanted.

She regarded him with humor on her face. "My name's Atropa. Named after the deadly nightshade."

"I’m North." He felt absurd suddenly, sitting in the pond with water dripping off his chin. He waded out and joined her on the grass.

"Why North?"

"My markings look a bit like the ones on a compass."

She gave a short bark of laughter, startling him. "Fair enough. Here's your ring."

He took it but didn't put it on. "Are you from around here?"

"Oh, you can ask questions! I'm new here, trying to find my way around. So far I've offended three dragons without even trying, which is a new record even for me. Will you be the fourth, I wonder?"

He laughed, startled again by her gruff humor and his reaction to her. "Let me see your paw a moment."

She held it out without question. Her claws were sharp, her foreleg muscular. He wanted to ask her a million questions but didn't know how to phrase them.

Instead he tried the ring on her finger. It fit. "You can have it, if you like," he said. "I found it. Got no use for it myself."

He let go of her paw but she held on, her grip strong. "I like it. Thank you. Are we friends now?"

"We're friends."
Examples of my work!

This will give you an idea of my writing style and also the length/complexity of each category.

Short bios (these are what most people think of when they think of bios):
Isabella
Ministry
Starseeker
Paladin
And a few more.

Drabble/simple short story:
North

Flash story:
Ellise
Evershine

A full short story would be longer than the ones above and with a more complex plot. I don't have any examples of those yet.

My dragon North's drabble (for those of you who don't want to click through):
Quote:
North paused to take his ring off before he slipped into the pond. He always left it on a particular flat rock so he wouldn't lose it. He'd found the ring in the jungle during a patrol, had planned to give it to his mate Jett that evening. That was the same day she left him.

He scrubbed the Mire muck from his paws with sand. He should throw the ring back where he found it. But then he wouldn't have the ring, and nothing else would have changed.

The ring wouldn't have fit Jett's small fingers anyway.

Even after so many months, he dreaded going home. He and Jett had never talked much, since he wasn't a good conversationalist and she was a fae. But the silence now was empty, lifeless. His former interests no longer held his attention.

"Is this yours?"

North blinked water from his eyes and glanced up. He didn't recognize the voice, and when he saw the dragon he didn't recognize her either. She was a mirror like him, brightly patterned and elegant. Her ruby wings arched over her back.

"Oh. Yeah. I took it off to wash."

"Are you about done washing?"

"I suppose so." North splashed water over his wings and shook them, droplets spinning away in the sun. He didn't know what the stranger wanted.

She regarded him with humor on her face. "My name's Atropa. Named after the deadly nightshade."

"I’m North." He felt absurd suddenly, sitting in the pond with water dripping off his chin. He waded out and joined her on the grass.

"Why North?"

"My markings look a bit like the ones on a compass."

She gave a short bark of laughter, startling him. "Fair enough. Here's your ring."

He took it but didn't put it on. "Are you from around here?"

"Oh, you can ask questions! I'm new here, trying to find my way around. So far I've offended three dragons without even trying, which is a new record even for me. Will you be the fourth, I wonder?"

He laughed, startled again by her gruff humor and his reaction to her. "Let me see your paw a moment."

She held it out without question. Her claws were sharp, her foreleg muscular. He wanted to ask her a million questions but didn't know how to phrase them.

Instead he tried the ring on her finger. It fit. "You can have it, if you like," he said. "I found it. Got no use for it myself."

He let go of her paw but she held on, her grip strong. "I like it. Thank you. Are we friends now?"

"We're friends."
XW2PxEW.png
Bio slots available:

Drabble slots available:

Short story slots available:
Bio slots available:

Drabble slots available:

Short story slots available:
XW2PxEW.png
And we're open! And this space is also reserved just in case.
And we're open! And this space is also reserved just in case.
XW2PxEW.png
@BrightIce You still open for these? I'd love a few bios!
@BrightIce You still open for these? I'd love a few bios!
tumblr_inline_nfx4qesxHc1r6zydg.png
@Darksilverhawk
Sure! How many bios would you like and which dragons?
@Darksilverhawk
Sure! How many bios would you like and which dragons?
XW2PxEW.png
I'd love to get four short bios for dragons of mine that don't really have much character: Fluorescent, Skip, Bunni and Berri. None of them really have any personality yet, so it would be whatever you could come up with. Two of them have mates you can look at if you'd like; Skip's mate is Mizu and Florescent's mate is SirWiggleworth and both of them are on my first page. Bunni and Berri are mates and I'd like their bios to reflect that.

Thank you! :)

Edit: I just realized I completely forgot to ping you. @BrightIce
I'd love to get four short bios for dragons of mine that don't really have much character: Fluorescent, Skip, Bunni and Berri. None of them really have any personality yet, so it would be whatever you could come up with. Two of them have mates you can look at if you'd like; Skip's mate is Mizu and Florescent's mate is SirWiggleworth and both of them are on my first page. Bunni and Berri are mates and I'd like their bios to reflect that.

Thank you! :)

Edit: I just realized I completely forgot to ping you. @BrightIce
tumblr_inline_nfx4qesxHc1r6zydg.png
@Darksilverhawk
I'm sorry I missed your post--I should have been checking the thread even without pings. :) Your dragons are gorgeous and I'll try to have their bios done by tomorrow at the latest!
@Darksilverhawk
I'm sorry I missed your post--I should have been checking the thread even without pings. :) Your dragons are gorgeous and I'll try to have their bios done by tomorrow at the latest!
XW2PxEW.png
All slots are open at the moment!
All slots are open at the moment!
XW2PxEW.png