Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | Words Among the Waves: Words & Codes
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@Zith
I do not have a maximum length. If, say, I write a bio about the length of Nochnyrnys's, it would probably be around 35-40k.

And I do believe so.
@Zith
I do not have a maximum length. If, say, I write a bio about the length of Nochnyrnys's, it would probably be around 35-40k.

And I do believe so.
2ECUufo.pnglYpSCN5.pngB56DTEe.png1gEpZ0H.pngBNLSVhl.png6FgVFSd.png
@Aquacoral I very much like the length of the first three paragraphs there^^ Would you do a 1:1 bio for accent? Tip will ofc be separate \o/
@Aquacoral I very much like the length of the first three paragraphs there^^ Would you do a 1:1 bio for accent? Tip will ofc be separate \o/
1DamPGa.gifoie.Pgg1_l68r_QDSN.png9WJeET7.gif
@Zith
Just to double check, you want a bio that is about the length of the first 3 paragraphs, and will trade an accent for a bio that long?
@Zith
Just to double check, you want a bio that is about the length of the first 3 paragraphs, and will trade an accent for a bio that long?
@Zith
Oh, and which dragon do you want it to be for?
@Zith
Oh, and which dragon do you want it to be for?
@Aquacoral Is that about right in price? Going by your price for the one you linked^^ It'd be for Eclipse here: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17179374] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/171794/17179374_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Aquacoral Is that about right in price? Going by your price for the one you linked^^ It'd be for Eclipse here:

17179374_350.png
@Zith
Yes. I'll get right on this!
@Zith
Yes. I'll get right on this!
@Aquacoral Thank you! I'll send over the accent now for you^^ Eclipse does have a tiny bio from where I've been procrastinating writing it, but go as creative as you'd like and no rush whatsoever <3
@Aquacoral Thank you! I'll send over the accent now for you^^ Eclipse does have a tiny bio from where I've been procrastinating writing it, but go as creative as you'd like and no rush whatsoever <3
@Zith
I'm working with what she's got in the way of a bio, and expanding on it. Thanks!
@Zith
I'm working with what she's got in the way of a bio, and expanding on it. Thanks!
@Zith
And voila! 602 words, all about Eclipse. If you want anything changed, just tell me :)
Eclipse, first born of Lawless, was special. Hatched upon the night of the most powerful Blood Moon in a century, the evidence of her powerful magic and unusual birth was forever visible due to her bright golden eyes that seem to have an unnatural shine. The young hatchling seemed to almost draw colors to her, almost like her scales created a black hole that sapped color from the world. She was named Eclipse by her mother to commemorate her extraordinary birthday, which was rather apt. On occasion, she seemed to almost eclipse those around her, unknowingly drawing the attention of the nearby dragons to herself. She grew to be an elegant and beautiful Wildclaw, with Maroon Stripes upon her wings and Obsidian Vipera that she wore with grace. Eclipse grew and grew under the watchful and sometimes wary eyes of her parents and clanmates. She wasn’t a particularly social youngling, preferring to remain alone, hunting and reading astronomical scrolls. Her parents, Flashover and Lawless, tried to draw her out of her shell, to get her to interact with the other hatchlings and her own siblings. But Eclipse always seemed to be far older than her age, speaking of matters with a seriousness and gravity most unusual for a dragonet. Others of her age- and even dragons older!- weren’t comfortable around her. They would usually make some excuse to scurry away, away from the too-old Wildclaw.

As she grew older, Eclipse began to sneak away from her nest at night. Only a few dragons ever saw her, usually the odd insomniac or hatchling who had had a nightmare. They never managed to find her, though. She always disappeared outside of the camp, to a secret place. Her secret place, which she knew as the Grove of Bones, was a flat expanse of iron-rich rock surrounded by bleached-white trees that afforded an amazing view of the sky. There she would sit, watching the moon and stars as if there was something among them that only she could see. Once her parents and the clan leaders discovered her activities, they did some research, discovering that on those nights, the moon was exceptionally bright, or a comet was approaching- always a significant astrological event. Relations with her parents became slightly strained, as she never told them why she snuck out at night. Eventually, after a heated and furious argument over her midnight escapades, Eclipse left the clan.

She fled the Hewn City in the night, running across Sornieth. She knew that her clanmates would search for her, and she had no urge to be found. She was 21, a respectable age, and she wanted to have her own life, not just the life that someone else wanted her to have. Eclipse traveled through the Sea of a Thousand Current and the Windswept Plateau, before reaching the Wandering Contagion. Her original destination had been the Starfall Isles, but after falling ill in the Abiding Boneyard, she was taken in by the Darkmoon Clan. Since her immune system was most definitely NOT adapted to the disease-ridden environment of the Scarred Wasteland, it took her nearly two months to fight off the strain of Wyrmwound Plague. By the time Eclipse was healed, she had settled in with the Darkmoon Clan! She chose to stay, for she had made friends, something that she had never had before. They accepted her for who she was, and she appreciated that. Eclipse became their astronomer, and now lives happily. Although, she has recently been speaking of strange, other, alien worlds, claiming with absolute conviction that she was given this knowledge by the moon….
Thanks for visiting Words Among the Waves!
@Zith
And voila! 602 words, all about Eclipse. If you want anything changed, just tell me :)
Eclipse, first born of Lawless, was special. Hatched upon the night of the most powerful Blood Moon in a century, the evidence of her powerful magic and unusual birth was forever visible due to her bright golden eyes that seem to have an unnatural shine. The young hatchling seemed to almost draw colors to her, almost like her scales created a black hole that sapped color from the world. She was named Eclipse by her mother to commemorate her extraordinary birthday, which was rather apt. On occasion, she seemed to almost eclipse those around her, unknowingly drawing the attention of the nearby dragons to herself. She grew to be an elegant and beautiful Wildclaw, with Maroon Stripes upon her wings and Obsidian Vipera that she wore with grace. Eclipse grew and grew under the watchful and sometimes wary eyes of her parents and clanmates. She wasn’t a particularly social youngling, preferring to remain alone, hunting and reading astronomical scrolls. Her parents, Flashover and Lawless, tried to draw her out of her shell, to get her to interact with the other hatchlings and her own siblings. But Eclipse always seemed to be far older than her age, speaking of matters with a seriousness and gravity most unusual for a dragonet. Others of her age- and even dragons older!- weren’t comfortable around her. They would usually make some excuse to scurry away, away from the too-old Wildclaw.

As she grew older, Eclipse began to sneak away from her nest at night. Only a few dragons ever saw her, usually the odd insomniac or hatchling who had had a nightmare. They never managed to find her, though. She always disappeared outside of the camp, to a secret place. Her secret place, which she knew as the Grove of Bones, was a flat expanse of iron-rich rock surrounded by bleached-white trees that afforded an amazing view of the sky. There she would sit, watching the moon and stars as if there was something among them that only she could see. Once her parents and the clan leaders discovered her activities, they did some research, discovering that on those nights, the moon was exceptionally bright, or a comet was approaching- always a significant astrological event. Relations with her parents became slightly strained, as she never told them why she snuck out at night. Eventually, after a heated and furious argument over her midnight escapades, Eclipse left the clan.

She fled the Hewn City in the night, running across Sornieth. She knew that her clanmates would search for her, and she had no urge to be found. She was 21, a respectable age, and she wanted to have her own life, not just the life that someone else wanted her to have. Eclipse traveled through the Sea of a Thousand Current and the Windswept Plateau, before reaching the Wandering Contagion. Her original destination had been the Starfall Isles, but after falling ill in the Abiding Boneyard, she was taken in by the Darkmoon Clan. Since her immune system was most definitely NOT adapted to the disease-ridden environment of the Scarred Wasteland, it took her nearly two months to fight off the strain of Wyrmwound Plague. By the time Eclipse was healed, she had settled in with the Darkmoon Clan! She chose to stay, for she had made friends, something that she had never had before. They accepted her for who she was, and she appreciated that. Eclipse became their astronomer, and now lives happily. Although, she has recently been speaking of strange, other, alien worlds, claiming with absolute conviction that she was given this knowledge by the moon….
Thanks for visiting Words Among the Waves!
@Aquacoral Fantastic! I'm astounded by how fast you wrote that :o I definitely wish I could write my bios as fast as that xD Thank you so much, it's perfect as it is! I'll have to come back at some point to get some more \o/
@Aquacoral Fantastic! I'm astounded by how fast you wrote that :o I definitely wish I could write my bios as fast as that xD Thank you so much, it's perfect as it is! I'll have to come back at some point to get some more \o/
1 2 3 4 5 6 7