Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Lair Adjustments & New Familiars
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 50 51
[quote name="Xhaztol" date="2013-11-12 00:39:09"][quote name="Ryface" date="2013-11-12 00:37:00"][quote name="Xhaztol" date="2013-11-12 00:20:12"] To accompany this change, we will also automatically be updating your lair so that your available space correlates with how much you've already paid into the new system.[/quote] @Xhaztol When should we expect to see the lair updates? Or rather, when should we start worrying if our lair hasn't expanded properly.[/quote] @Ryface: We have already expanded the lairs of those that fell under thresholds that got boosted by the drop in price. If you had a lair of 60+ you would see those changes as per the chart.[/quote] @Xhaztol: Oh, I misunderstood, but I'm not sure why it's only 60+? I just dropped 250k on a lair expansion yesterday, and thought that would bring me up to the nearest to 250k cost, which would be 60 for 245k. I've spent a total of 825k on lair expansions, and with the new prices that means I've effectively lost 61k overall, and would've saved 65k if I had waited to expand today instead. Which, obvs not huge, but would be nice to NOT have lost overall. I'm happy for the changes, but a little confused at the choice to only expand for 60+. --Though while typing this, @Booster informs me that she previously had 70 lair slots and that hasn't increased to 75 with this update?
Xhaztol wrote on 2013-11-12 00:39:09:
Ryface wrote on 2013-11-12 00:37:00:
Xhaztol wrote on 2013-11-12 00:20:12:
To accompany this change, we will also automatically be updating your lair so that your available space correlates with how much you've already paid into the new system.

@Xhaztol When should we expect to see the lair updates? Or rather, when should we start worrying if our lair hasn't expanded properly.

@Ryface: We have already expanded the lairs of those that fell under thresholds that got boosted by the drop in price. If you had a lair of 60+ you would see those changes as per the chart.

@Xhaztol: Oh, I misunderstood, but I'm not sure why it's only 60+?

I just dropped 250k on a lair expansion yesterday, and thought that would bring me up to the nearest to 250k cost, which would be 60 for 245k. I've spent a total of 825k on lair expansions, and with the new prices that means I've effectively lost 61k overall, and would've saved 65k if I had waited to expand today instead. Which, obvs not huge, but would be nice to NOT have lost overall. I'm happy for the changes, but a little confused at the choice to only expand for 60+.

--Though while typing this, @Booster informs me that she previously had 70 lair slots and that hasn't increased to 75 with this update?
Oh, this is awesome to see!
Oh, this is awesome to see!
But it seems to me you only get new lair space now if you have already at least 60 spaces. I only have 45 but paid more than new ones would.
But it seems to me you only get new lair space now if you have already at least 60 spaces. I only have 45 but paid more than new ones would.
between flight change and this
bless u guys
kisses
between flight change and this
bless u guys
kisses
Iw0iHZf.png
@Xhaztol
I'm glad to see this update but... I kinda wish there had been some sort of refund for people with under 60 slots. 'cause it's still a pretty big difference between the old cost and the new cost. There's a difference of 275k between the amount I spent and the amount it costs now (I have 50 slots). I can see how that difference is fixed with lairs that had 60+ slots, but it would have been nice if something were done for the lower slot numbers as well. I definitely could have bought another slot with that much additional coin.

Edit: Or maybe it's a difference of 110k, with that line of prices added. That's still kinda a lot of money 'though... it'd be nice to see some form of reimbursement?

Son of the Edit: Also my next upgrade (to 55 slots) should cost me 185k, but the upgrade window says I need to pay 215k (which is the price for 60 slots).
@Xhaztol
I'm glad to see this update but... I kinda wish there had been some sort of refund for people with under 60 slots. 'cause it's still a pretty big difference between the old cost and the new cost. There's a difference of 275k between the amount I spent and the amount it costs now (I have 50 slots). I can see how that difference is fixed with lairs that had 60+ slots, but it would have been nice if something were done for the lower slot numbers as well. I definitely could have bought another slot with that much additional coin.

Edit: Or maybe it's a difference of 110k, with that line of prices added. That's still kinda a lot of money 'though... it'd be nice to see some form of reimbursement?

Son of the Edit: Also my next upgrade (to 55 slots) should cost me 185k, but the upgrade window says I need to pay 215k (which is the price for 60 slots).
Qyqs3sY.png
@Xhaztol Thank you! (for the update, for the quick response, for just being an awesome part of an awesome staff)
@Xhaztol Thank you! (for the update, for the quick response, for just being an awesome part of an awesome staff)
Tn4TEAZ.png
More tired of my treatment team than the cancer at this point
[quote name="brightwaters" date="2013-11-12 00:44:42"] @Ilium @rennegades @Leopardenauge @revs @arreat @WhoDoVoodoo It's been adjusted so that however much money you already spent will give you the correct number of slots under the new system (i.e. more). So you didn't lose out on what you spent.[/quote] I know ;) I'm just way too amused about how the adjustment would have given me the extra spaces I needed even if I hadn't bought the expansion before roll over. Definitely can't complain about getting more than I thought was!
brightwaters wrote on 2013-11-12 00:44:42:
@Ilium @rennegades @Leopardenauge @revs @arreat @WhoDoVoodoo

It's been adjusted so that however much money you already spent will give you the correct number of slots under the new system (i.e. more). So you didn't lose out on what you spent.

I know ;)

I'm just way too amused about how the adjustment would have given me the extra spaces I needed even if I hadn't bought the expansion before roll over. Definitely can't complain about getting more than I thought was!
Excellent, a little more space at a bit better price. I can now resume my imp hording ways.
Excellent, a little more space at a bit better price. I can now resume my imp hording ways.
2q035vp.jpg
@brightwaters

Oh. So 30-60 are counting to the adjustment already made and not just 60+?

I think I was a little confused on the conversion part showing 60 and higher.
@brightwaters

Oh. So 30-60 are counting to the adjustment already made and not just 60+?

I think I was a little confused on the conversion part showing 60 and higher.
siggy.png
@Xhaztol

I feel as if the lair conversion is a bit off;
My old lair size was 85, my new one is 100.
I actually spent 6,375,000 treasure on it so far, but with the new lair prices to get to my new lair size, you only have to spent 4,530,000 treasure. This also means that where I had to pay 3,500,000treasure to get to the max lair size with the old prices, I now have to pay 5,245,000treasure to get there.. I think the difference of 2 milion is a bit too large to call it a fair conversion.. Is there something that can be done about this?

EDIT; Ah now with the line that was missing back in place, it all makes more sense.. The difference is still 250k, but at least that's better than 2mil I guess
@Xhaztol

I feel as if the lair conversion is a bit off;
My old lair size was 85, my new one is 100.
I actually spent 6,375,000 treasure on it so far, but with the new lair prices to get to my new lair size, you only have to spent 4,530,000 treasure. This also means that where I had to pay 3,500,000treasure to get to the max lair size with the old prices, I now have to pay 5,245,000treasure to get there.. I think the difference of 2 milion is a bit too large to call it a fair conversion.. Is there something that can be done about this?

EDIT; Ah now with the line that was missing back in place, it all makes more sense.. The difference is still 250k, but at least that's better than 2mil I guess
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 50 51