Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Upcoming Registration Window
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
i hope a new window comes my dad wants to join this site
i hope a new window comes my dad wants to join this site
1d7f5655b60f20cf690fcfdffc0eb6da42ac5fd3.png
I'd love to see new players join in on the fun of Flight Rising.
I'd love to see new players join in on the fun of Flight Rising.
A few of my friends are wanting to join pretty badly, I hope a window opens up soon x3
A few of my friends are wanting to join pretty badly, I hope a window opens up soon x3
Has there ever been talk of possibly a limited registation system? Giving existing players invite codes for new players, or allowing players to sponsor a new user via gems or treasure? It seems like that would allow replenishment of some of the attrition we get as existing players get bored, but also prevent the intense hit the servers take when an open registration period is announced. Maybe I'm from the old generation and sites don't control enrollment in this way anymore, but it worked for DreamWidth, AO3, and even Gmail when they started.
Has there ever been talk of possibly a limited registation system? Giving existing players invite codes for new players, or allowing players to sponsor a new user via gems or treasure? It seems like that would allow replenishment of some of the attrition we get as existing players get bored, but also prevent the intense hit the servers take when an open registration period is announced. Maybe I'm from the old generation and sites don't control enrollment in this way anymore, but it worked for DreamWidth, AO3, and even Gmail when they started.
Setra Lynn ~ Better Than Toast Cosplay
~ Wind Flight ~ Libra ~ Total Nerd ~
"Take what the Windsinger sends and be grateful."
Seconding @setralynn 's idea.

I'd pay a decent amount of gems to get an invite code for my girlfriend. I really need to get the four dragons I'm holding for her out of my lair, lol!
Seconding @setralynn 's idea.

I'd pay a decent amount of gems to get an invite code for my girlfriend. I really need to get the four dragons I'm holding for her out of my lair, lol!
am back after a long absence
been here since 2014!

OjYCOIV.png
I know FR has been under a lot of pressure lately, so I can see how a full-blown registration window could possibly cause more harm than good for the site. However, I also think it would be beneficial (to the FR economy and it's users) to get a new flow of players in - Even a small one. Adding to what @Setralynn and @FlyingKnight are saying, I think giving us the chance to purchase invite codes would be marvelous. If anything, it could be made so that each user can only buy one or two, to keep the "richer" players from buying enough invites for their entire circle of family and friends so that FR only has to deal with a select number of newcomers. I know that picking just a couple people may be quite difficult for some individuals, but its not like the others would never get in. They would just have a bit of a longer wait, until the site was strong enough to hold another actual registration period.

Either way, I appreciate all the hard work that the FR staff and LightSky have been putting in to keep the site on its feet (or, more appropriately, claws) and I hope that all their hard work pays off in successfully solving all of the internal and possibly harmful problems that FR is unfortunately having to face.

Good luck to all of the staff. No matter how hungry for more FR we get, I'm sure I can speak for all of us when I say, we truly do value all you've done to make this site a safe and enjoyable community~

~Vinyl
I know FR has been under a lot of pressure lately, so I can see how a full-blown registration window could possibly cause more harm than good for the site. However, I also think it would be beneficial (to the FR economy and it's users) to get a new flow of players in - Even a small one. Adding to what @Setralynn and @FlyingKnight are saying, I think giving us the chance to purchase invite codes would be marvelous. If anything, it could be made so that each user can only buy one or two, to keep the "richer" players from buying enough invites for their entire circle of family and friends so that FR only has to deal with a select number of newcomers. I know that picking just a couple people may be quite difficult for some individuals, but its not like the others would never get in. They would just have a bit of a longer wait, until the site was strong enough to hold another actual registration period.

Either way, I appreciate all the hard work that the FR staff and LightSky have been putting in to keep the site on its feet (or, more appropriately, claws) and I hope that all their hard work pays off in successfully solving all of the internal and possibly harmful problems that FR is unfortunately having to face.

Good luck to all of the staff. No matter how hungry for more FR we get, I'm sure I can speak for all of us when I say, we truly do value all you've done to make this site a safe and enjoyable community~

~Vinyl
Fd5cQVO.png
Totally agreeing with @Vinyl

Putting a limit on how many we can purchase would effectively prevent FR from being completely flooded. But if each of us could buy one or two, we have the potential for doubling or even tripling the population, which could still strain the servers.

So what about making them available at certain times only, like the items in the Treasure marketplace? Or something like that, idk. I'm just really keen on the idea of invites, especially since I'm starting to doubt the likelihood of a February registration window.

And like Vinyl said, we do really appreciate what the staff have done so far. You guys are awesome.
Totally agreeing with @Vinyl

Putting a limit on how many we can purchase would effectively prevent FR from being completely flooded. But if each of us could buy one or two, we have the potential for doubling or even tripling the population, which could still strain the servers.

So what about making them available at certain times only, like the items in the Treasure marketplace? Or something like that, idk. I'm just really keen on the idea of invites, especially since I'm starting to doubt the likelihood of a February registration window.

And like Vinyl said, we do really appreciate what the staff have done so far. You guys are awesome.
been here since 2014!

OjYCOIV.png
@FlyingKnight has another good point. If they're made too cheap, then most users would at least be able to buy one, which would indeed double the site population (which is honestly something that I don't believe the site should even have to consider at the moment, with all of the extra work it is already having to do to keep things running correctly.). They could, however, be incorporated into the MP system, like FlyingKnight also suggested. Maybe even as a limited item? Only being sold a few times throughout a day or so, to give us all an equal chance to snag one, while still only selling a small number of them (Like, say, 100 or so at first, to see how the site handles it.)

As you can see, even our ideas need some tweaking to be feasible, but I feel like there are numerous interesting (and competitive ;3) ways that we can add even more eager members, without completely overloading the site.

~Vinyl
@FlyingKnight has another good point. If they're made too cheap, then most users would at least be able to buy one, which would indeed double the site population (which is honestly something that I don't believe the site should even have to consider at the moment, with all of the extra work it is already having to do to keep things running correctly.). They could, however, be incorporated into the MP system, like FlyingKnight also suggested. Maybe even as a limited item? Only being sold a few times throughout a day or so, to give us all an equal chance to snag one, while still only selling a small number of them (Like, say, 100 or so at first, to see how the site handles it.)

As you can see, even our ideas need some tweaking to be feasible, but I feel like there are numerous interesting (and competitive ;3) ways that we can add even more eager members, without completely overloading the site.

~Vinyl
Fd5cQVO.png
Backing @Vinyl up again, haha.

A limited amount per day would be a good idea. Doubling the population would probably bring in a greater amount than a regular registration window, and even with as little as I know of coding and servers, the idea makes me cringe.

Releasing a hundred per day for a few days then sitting back and seeing how the site handles it seems like a good idea. Maybe tweak the amount lower, or higher, as the admins see fit. It could be a good test run before opening a registration window, to see how the site handles a little more population.

I can already see people camping the MP for those invites though, heh. Could be a good treasure/gem sink though, which would help the economy a bit.
Backing @Vinyl up again, haha.

A limited amount per day would be a good idea. Doubling the population would probably bring in a greater amount than a regular registration window, and even with as little as I know of coding and servers, the idea makes me cringe.

Releasing a hundred per day for a few days then sitting back and seeing how the site handles it seems like a good idea. Maybe tweak the amount lower, or higher, as the admins see fit. It could be a good test run before opening a registration window, to see how the site handles a little more population.

I can already see people camping the MP for those invites though, heh. Could be a good treasure/gem sink though, which would help the economy a bit.
been here since 2014!

OjYCOIV.png
I'm fairly certain all talk of "buying" invitations to the game has been nixed by the staff. FR was never meant to be pay in that sort of sense, so I really doubt that they're going to let it become that.

Even if it would bring some desperately needed funds to them in a time when their servers could use some boosts.
I'm fairly certain all talk of "buying" invitations to the game has been nixed by the staff. FR was never meant to be pay in that sort of sense, so I really doubt that they're going to let it become that.

Even if it would bring some desperately needed funds to them in a time when their servers could use some boosts.
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29