Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Upcoming Registration Window
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29
[center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/new_reg_oct23.png[/img][/center] After monitoring the stability of [i]Flight Rising[/i] since our last registration window, we are happy to report that we will be opening the gates again for another window! The next window will take place on: [center][b][size=16]Wednesday, October 23rd from 05:00 to 11:00 FR Server Time[/size][/b] (5AM to 11AM PST/8AM to 2PM EST)[/center] This window, as you may notice, is 6 hours long rather than 3. Our goal, over the coming weeks, is to continue increasing the durations of these windows gradually while monitoring the site. Our hope is that by doing so, we can spread out the perceived volume enough that people are eventually registering at a more gradual rate, which will be healthier on the load. While we don't have concrete dates or plans for subsequent windows, the team would love to make them more consistent until the gates are open permanently. We have been working with LightSky closely to refine the registration process so that if heavy load causes any part of the process to fail, users will be notified. We had several players not make it in last time even though they received confirmation e-mails, and are looking to prevent that in this window. We look forward to greeting all of our new players! [b]Questions/Staff Replies[/b]: [LIST] [*][b][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=ann&id=985031&page=13&anchor=2028875#2028875]Why are you opening registration when there are still other issues?[/url][/b] [/LIST]
new_reg_oct23.png

After monitoring the stability of Flight Rising since our last registration window, we are happy to report that we will be opening the gates again for another window! The next window will take place on:

Wednesday, October 23rd from 05:00 to 11:00 FR Server Time
(5AM to 11AM PST/8AM to 2PM EST)

This window, as you may notice, is 6 hours long rather than 3. Our goal, over the coming weeks, is to continue increasing the durations of these windows gradually while monitoring the site. Our hope is that by doing so, we can spread out the perceived volume enough that people are eventually registering at a more gradual rate, which will be healthier on the load. While we don't have concrete dates or plans for subsequent windows, the team would love to make them more consistent until the gates are open permanently.

We have been working with LightSky closely to refine the registration process so that if heavy load causes any part of the process to fail, users will be notified. We had several players not make it in last time even though they received confirmation e-mails, and are looking to prevent that in this window.

We look forward to greeting all of our new players!

Questions/Staff Replies:
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
that's great!

hopefully this will cause the price of non plentiful breeds to go up!

Edit: although It'd be nicer if it was on a weekend or later in the day (the 8am to 2pm window would really affect eastern time people in school...)
that's great!

hopefully this will cause the price of non plentiful breeds to go up!

Edit: although It'd be nicer if it was on a weekend or later in the day (the 8am to 2pm window would really affect eastern time people in school...)
art_sig_by_shadowheart626-d75zq6p.gif 363.png[/acronym]shadowbinder_sprite_by_shadowheart626-d7u22jh.png
WOOOHOOO! I'll have to let everyone I know in on it!
WOOOHOOO! I'll have to let everyone I know in on it!
9wTvH88_zpscea31b53.png
Whoo! New players incoming! :D
Whoo! New players incoming! :D
Very excited to see new blood soon.
Very excited to see new blood soon.
67851.png
Oh, wonderful!
Oh, wonderful!
FSjGDWP.png
Current Avatar • Feel free to ping me!
YAAAAAY!!! 8D
YAAAAAY!!! 8D
My Sales Thread My Website
355929.gif355930.gif355931.gif355932.gif355933.gif355934.gif355935.gif355936.gif355937.gif355938.gifKhrFO.gifwZ5Vl.gifQ6zcl.gifMIVhg.gifwJbqW.gif6QBmy.gifYhbeq.gif1qbXc.gif
I'll be glad to see new players :)
I'll be glad to see new players :)
tumblr_ntrk5fRxsj1sk2f1lo1_500.png
Excellent! It's awesome to have the site opening up again so soon!
Excellent! It's awesome to have the site opening up again so soon!
Wonderful news!
Wonderful news!
tundrasig_small.png
#1 Speckle Fan * Old Dragon Collector * FR+3
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29