Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | The Starfall Celebration
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16
These skins are awesome.
These skins are awesome.
tumblr_inline_n6kduh3u891qlye38.giftumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro4_250.giftumblr_inline_n6kduh3u891qlye38.gif
Congratulations all! I got the male spiral skin today in the coliseum, it's beautiful
Congratulations all! I got the male spiral skin today in the coliseum, it's beautiful
@FlowerGirl
It's a tiny Arcanist clone. There was a little story going with it in the skin submission thread.

@Shurhaian
The Ridgeback and Spiral?
@FlowerGirl
It's a tiny Arcanist clone. There was a little story going with it in the skin submission thread.

@Shurhaian
The Ridgeback and Spiral?
The skins are awesome, please don't misunderstand me..
It's not even that I wanted to win cause i know i had no chance.
But... seeing all the entries be bluish/pinkish.... its kinda disappointing lol. I think theres some skins out there that deserved to win. But hey thats just me :k
I don't wanna sound rude, but if you don't agree with me, don't argue with me either e_e
The skins are awesome, please don't misunderstand me..
It's not even that I wanted to win cause i know i had no chance.
But... seeing all the entries be bluish/pinkish.... its kinda disappointing lol. I think theres some skins out there that deserved to win. But hey thats just me :k
I don't wanna sound rude, but if you don't agree with me, don't argue with me either e_e
I appreciate that some of you are upset that your favored skins did not win, but please understand that there is a lot that goes into picking out the winners of these contests. The admins get together and decide, and they pick using a variety of criteria.

A skin not winning doesn't mean that it wasn't good or that the artist wasn't talented. If you saw a skin you liked that didn't win, commission it from the artist. Not only would you be supporting the artist, but you'd get a unique skin that you enjoy for your own dragons, without having to farm the coliseum or whatever else for it.

It's disheartening for me to see negative comments towards the winners of this contest. I understand the comments about the diversity of breeds, and genders, but the complaints about the quality of the winners is uncalled for. To call something "the worst" is ridiculously subjective, and rude to boot. Please try to respect your fellow users. Everyone worked hard on their entries, and that shows in the quality of what everyone had posted in the starfall skin thread. Please don't bring negativity where it's not necessary.

This is a celebration. Congrats to all the winners and runner ups, and good job to everyone who submitted an entry. The next elemental holiday is plague, so I hope everyone is cooking up some awesome themed skins even as the Starfall Celebration continues.
I appreciate that some of you are upset that your favored skins did not win, but please understand that there is a lot that goes into picking out the winners of these contests. The admins get together and decide, and they pick using a variety of criteria.

A skin not winning doesn't mean that it wasn't good or that the artist wasn't talented. If you saw a skin you liked that didn't win, commission it from the artist. Not only would you be supporting the artist, but you'd get a unique skin that you enjoy for your own dragons, without having to farm the coliseum or whatever else for it.

It's disheartening for me to see negative comments towards the winners of this contest. I understand the comments about the diversity of breeds, and genders, but the complaints about the quality of the winners is uncalled for. To call something "the worst" is ridiculously subjective, and rude to boot. Please try to respect your fellow users. Everyone worked hard on their entries, and that shows in the quality of what everyone had posted in the starfall skin thread. Please don't bring negativity where it's not necessary.

This is a celebration. Congrats to all the winners and runner ups, and good job to everyone who submitted an entry. The next elemental holiday is plague, so I hope everyone is cooking up some awesome themed skins even as the Starfall Celebration continues.
O____O lookit those skins for the Imp & Guardian *drools* I must find a way to get them! Does anyone know which area the arcane monsters start showing up in the coli?
O____O lookit those skins for the Imp & Guardian *drools* I must find a way to get them! Does anyone know which area the arcane monsters start showing up in the coli?
If the best things in life are free... why are books so expensive?

~Rainyaviel~
@Rainyaviel : You can get them off neutral monsters which start showing up as early as the training grounds. Personally I stick to the sandswept delta, because the carmine serthis are arcane and tend to show up regularly, along with the peacock scorpions that are neutral and show up frequently as well.
@Rainyaviel : You can get them off neutral monsters which start showing up as early as the training grounds. Personally I stick to the sandswept delta, because the carmine serthis are arcane and tend to show up regularly, along with the peacock scorpions that are neutral and show up frequently as well.
Congrats to all the winners, the skins look so incredibly beautiful! :O
I'm not really into skins usually but I might start farming the coliseum later. xD
Congrats to all the winners, the skins look so incredibly beautiful! :O
I'm not really into skins usually but I might start farming the coliseum later. xD
ShDdjsG.gif ---
H I D D E N • S A N C T U M
pV7y7eJ.png
"I circle around God, around the ancient tower,
and I have circled for thousands of years ..."
Hmm, the images won't even load for me. :(
Hmm, the images won't even load for me. :(
RBXYq.gifarcane_small_by_vamonkea-dai56rq.pngovY2q5W.pngarcane_small_by_vamonkea-dai56rq.png4BVfJ.gif
[quote name="Amalythia" date="2013-09-23 08:39:15"]I appreciate that some of you are upset that your favored skins did not win, but please understand that there is a lot that goes into picking out the winners of these contests. The admins get together and decide, and they pick using a variety of criteria. A skin not winning doesn't mean that it wasn't good or that the artist wasn't talented. If you saw a skin you liked that didn't win, commission it from the artist. Not only would you be supporting the artist, but you'd get a unique skin that you enjoy for your own dragons, without having to farm the coliseum or whatever else for it. It's disheartening for me to see negative comments towards the winners of this contest. I understand the comments about the diversity of breeds, and genders, but the complaints about the quality of the winners is uncalled for. To call something "the worst" is ridiculously subjective, and rude to boot. Please try to respect your fellow users. Everyone worked hard on their entries, and that shows in the quality of what everyone had posted in the starfall skin thread. Please don't bring negativity where it's not necessary. This is a celebration. Congrats to all the winners and runner ups, and good job to everyone who submitted an entry. The next elemental holiday is plague, so I hope everyone is cooking up some awesome themed skins even as the Starfall Celebration continues.[/quote] Thank you for this. :T As a previous skin winner it's actually really hurtful to see negative things people say about your skin. A LOT of work goes into making each skin. I know that for my own skins, I spend upwards of 3 hours on all of them, and from the quality of the skins here I imagine it took them that long too. Even if it's not your personal favorite, you can appreciate the time they spent making it. This is people's ART you're talking about and some of the comments here are making me sick.
Amalythia wrote on 2013-09-23 08:39:15:

Thank you for this. :T As a previous skin winner it's actually really hurtful to see negative things people say about your skin. A LOT of work goes into making each skin. I know that for my own skins, I spend upwards of 3 hours on all of them, and from the quality of the skins here I imagine it took them that long too. Even if it's not your personal favorite, you can appreciate the time they spent making it.

This is people's ART you're talking about and some of the comments here are making me sick.
fire_rune_50x50.png _ Voslen | she/her | FR+3
Art Thread
Skin Thread (wip)
FR Tumblr
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16