Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Bandanas and Skin Contest
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
About the skin issue, it is pretty unfair to users in the future. If the skins they want are selling for ridiculous prices in the marketplace because they aren't in the shops anymore, they are going to be discouraged and feel like they have to pay to get anything they want.

I say cycle them out, or during January (where this is no elemental festival) have a "Retro Month" or something like that, where people can buy items that were retired. It could actually help the site, because if it's after Christmas people might have spending money and would buy gems to get the items.

(edit: sorry about the double post, my computer freaked out and shut down and reposted)
About the skin issue, it is pretty unfair to users in the future. If the skins they want are selling for ridiculous prices in the marketplace because they aren't in the shops anymore, they are going to be discouraged and feel like they have to pay to get anything they want.

I say cycle them out, or during January (where this is no elemental festival) have a "Retro Month" or something like that, where people can buy items that were retired. It could actually help the site, because if it's after Christmas people might have spending money and would buy gems to get the items.

(edit: sorry about the double post, my computer freaked out and shut down and reposted)
[quote name="Zrcalo" date="2013-09-10 07:19:32"] LOL a dragon was already retired. Imperials. you can only breed for one. [/quote] I don't exactly count those since they were limited to begin with. I meant dragons you can buy as scrolls now to be retired in the future.
Zrcalo wrote on 2013-09-10 07:19:32:
LOL a dragon was already retired. Imperials. you can only breed for one.

I don't exactly count those since they were limited to begin with. I meant dragons you can buy as scrolls now to be retired in the future.
tumblr_ndzarciqjc1si697do1_500_by_zalcoti-d9lh63v.png
I like retirement of items on games. That's just my personal opinion.

However, I don't think anything should be retired (sans Kickstarter, etc.) until the site is fully, permanently open.
It's one thing to miss retired items on a game because you didn't join early enough... it's another thing entirely to miss them because you couldn't join early enough. The latter will fuel some contempt, I predict.

I don't mind retiring items, but do consider extending their retirement until sometime after the site is open to the public for good (so people who can't join now, don't have to sit and helplessly watch their favorite skin get retired before they can even join).

My two cents.

I will now go continue raving about how GREAT that bandana is on male imps and female spirals.

ETA: Also congrats to all the skin winners!! Woah, I can't believe I forgot to say that. And the new skins are gorgeous, help.
I like retirement of items on games. That's just my personal opinion.

However, I don't think anything should be retired (sans Kickstarter, etc.) until the site is fully, permanently open.
It's one thing to miss retired items on a game because you didn't join early enough... it's another thing entirely to miss them because you couldn't join early enough. The latter will fuel some contempt, I predict.

I don't mind retiring items, but do consider extending their retirement until sometime after the site is open to the public for good (so people who can't join now, don't have to sit and helplessly watch their favorite skin get retired before they can even join).

My two cents.

I will now go continue raving about how GREAT that bandana is on male imps and female spirals.

ETA: Also congrats to all the skin winners!! Woah, I can't believe I forgot to say that. And the new skins are gorgeous, help.
Man, people are getting all dramatic all up in here. Here, let me show off my new Skydancer skin, it'll make you feel better. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=475220] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/4753/475220_350.png[/img] [/url]
Man, people are getting all dramatic all up in here. Here, let me show off my new Skydancer skin, it'll make you feel better.

475220_350.png
Awesome! Loving the bandannas, but I'm a little sad to see some skins already being retired after we just opened up registration. Those new users will most likely never get to have any of those skins.
Awesome! Loving the bandannas, but I'm a little sad to see some skins already being retired after we just opened up registration. Those new users will most likely never get to have any of those skins.
tumblr_inline_onpeeatHvq1toetae_540.png
o.png o.png o.png o.pngo.png o.png
jIRALXN.png
@Zaltys

This site is already pay to win. You can buy gems and get treasure pretty quickly.
@Zaltys

This site is already pay to win. You can buy gems and get treasure pretty quickly.
[LF] Female Ice Imp Low 6 digit - 50k gemsbiDj7CC.png
I understand the reasoning behind retiring Marketplace items. Things would start to be a little bit stale after seeing the same items over and over again. Though I also understand why people are upset. The game is still incredibly young and it already has a plethora of retired items, what with Kickstarter stuff, downtime compensation items, and holiday items.

But at least a considerable amount of time has been given for the retired items to be collected. Two weeks wouldn't have been quite long enough.
I understand the reasoning behind retiring Marketplace items. Things would start to be a little bit stale after seeing the same items over and over again. Though I also understand why people are upset. The game is still incredibly young and it already has a plethora of retired items, what with Kickstarter stuff, downtime compensation items, and holiday items.

But at least a considerable amount of time has been given for the retired items to be collected. Two weeks wouldn't have been quite long enough.
Volunteer Moderator
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising staff, not the volunteer moderator group.
XRwFykP.png

[quote name="Undel" date="2013-09-10 00:17:33"]Extending the window on the skin retirement to a month and a half instead of 2 weeks. Skins need to leave the shop. If you could see the que of skins that we have lined up, there simply won't be room to do repeats unless we stop making new skins and have a largely static, cycling stock. The amount of skins we accepted (and COULD have accepted) was pretty high, and that's awesome! Having a lot of variety in our skins shop is great for the artists, the site, and the players who want choices. (Perhaps not so great for collectors.) While there's a log for familiars, there will never be a log or tracking/check-off system for skins if that's a concern.[/quote] Thank you, Undel, for the response and the extension! This seems entirely fair. :)
Undel wrote on 2013-09-10 00:17:33:
Extending the window on the skin retirement to a month and a half instead of 2 weeks.

Skins need to leave the shop. If you could see the que of skins that we have lined up, there simply won't be room to do repeats unless we stop making new skins and have a largely static, cycling stock. The amount of skins we accepted (and COULD have accepted) was pretty high, and that's awesome! Having a lot of variety in our skins shop is great for the artists, the site, and the players who want choices. (Perhaps not so great for collectors.)

While there's a log for familiars, there will never be a log or tracking/check-off system for skins if that's a concern.

Thank you, Undel, for the response and the extension! This seems entirely fair. :)
Volunteer Moderator

If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to submit a Support Request. These submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff of Flight Rising, not the volunteer moderator group.
I hate retired items. I hate them so much.... As someone who joined in late early July, even then it was like I was set up for failure. I can't imagine being the new wave of users or the future wave of users. It's very discouraging.

I really enjoy the game, but I get depressed a lot because of my lack of the initial opportunities. Things are coming and going too quickly...

Skins, I can live without. But familiars are another. I had to pay A LOT for the kickstarter familiars. and I'll probably never get a Boolean at the very least so my beastiary will never be complete

Therefore, the condolence that skins don't have a log, makes my annoyance that there is a bestiary more legit.

I wish the bestiary start out blank and just added the familiars as you got them. then those faded out images wouldn't be hassling my OCD.

I really do enjoy this game but I also really do have a slight case of OCD so it can be stressful at times since all my goals end up being doomed to failure...

and Zaltys is right in that people will buy up soon to be retired items and then sell them down the right for ridiculous prices. It makes sense they would if down the road they decide they no longer want the item, but to buy the item with that very intent is sketchy...

This site is pay to win for sure because I had to purchase a lot of gems to get Kickstarter familiars and it just made me feel all horrible inside, but I could stop myself because I really want to complete my beastiary.

at the very least, there should be price limits on how much you can sell an item... like make it so you can't set up a gem amount above a certain amount and same with treasure.

This is control possible abuse of these retired items.

I'm not talking about extremely strict limitations but seeing stuff for 99999999 gems or 10000000000 treasure is utterly ridiculous.

I think it should also affect PM "gifts" and crossroad trades as well, not just the AH.

I think this would stabilize this "economy" as well since it wouldn't allow for perpetual inflation and whatnot, amongst other things.

This would also prevent older players blatantly taking gross advantage of newer players who want things they literally are unable to get otherwise.

I'm not saying profits shouldn't be made from retired items, I just thing there should be a cap to prevent a huge turn-off towards new players who who might just leave if a lot of things they want are impossible to get or would cost them an arm and leg.

Just my two cents :/
I hate retired items. I hate them so much.... As someone who joined in late early July, even then it was like I was set up for failure. I can't imagine being the new wave of users or the future wave of users. It's very discouraging.

I really enjoy the game, but I get depressed a lot because of my lack of the initial opportunities. Things are coming and going too quickly...

Skins, I can live without. But familiars are another. I had to pay A LOT for the kickstarter familiars. and I'll probably never get a Boolean at the very least so my beastiary will never be complete

Therefore, the condolence that skins don't have a log, makes my annoyance that there is a bestiary more legit.

I wish the bestiary start out blank and just added the familiars as you got them. then those faded out images wouldn't be hassling my OCD.

I really do enjoy this game but I also really do have a slight case of OCD so it can be stressful at times since all my goals end up being doomed to failure...

and Zaltys is right in that people will buy up soon to be retired items and then sell them down the right for ridiculous prices. It makes sense they would if down the road they decide they no longer want the item, but to buy the item with that very intent is sketchy...

This site is pay to win for sure because I had to purchase a lot of gems to get Kickstarter familiars and it just made me feel all horrible inside, but I could stop myself because I really want to complete my beastiary.

at the very least, there should be price limits on how much you can sell an item... like make it so you can't set up a gem amount above a certain amount and same with treasure.

This is control possible abuse of these retired items.

I'm not talking about extremely strict limitations but seeing stuff for 99999999 gems or 10000000000 treasure is utterly ridiculous.

I think it should also affect PM "gifts" and crossroad trades as well, not just the AH.

I think this would stabilize this "economy" as well since it wouldn't allow for perpetual inflation and whatnot, amongst other things.

This would also prevent older players blatantly taking gross advantage of newer players who want things they literally are unable to get otherwise.

I'm not saying profits shouldn't be made from retired items, I just thing there should be a cap to prevent a huge turn-off towards new players who who might just leave if a lot of things they want are impossible to get or would cost them an arm and leg.

Just my two cents :/
*in monotonous voice* Bueller... Bueller...

p.s. It's okay to ping me. I literally don't care as long as I'm not being "used" for raffle points and that ilk. But yeah, for the most part, I'm not so "important" I can't spare the ~5 seconds it takes to check out a ping. lol.
Uh oh...
is Dem Bones for Mirror?
I NEED TO GET IT BEFORE IT RETIRES x-x

Awesome new stuff by the way, loving the update! ^-^

~Flash.
Uh oh...
is Dem Bones for Mirror?
I NEED TO GET IT BEFORE IT RETIRES x-x

Awesome new stuff by the way, loving the update! ^-^

~Flash.
- ★Please ping me, i tend to forget easily★ -
m2Ts0fA.png