Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Bandanas and Skin Contest
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I will definitely be joining the contest! Congratulations to the artists that won, you're all great! Fantastic new items, too. I'll definitely be getting a bandana for my future Gaius dragon. ;0
I will definitely be joining the contest! Congratulations to the artists that won, you're all great! Fantastic new items, too. I'll definitely be getting a bandana for my future Gaius dragon. ;0
Oooh bandanas!
Oooh bandanas!
oooh, lovely bandanas and skins!!
oooh, lovely bandanas and skins!!
10selK3.png
[quote name="Undel" date="2013-09-10 00:17:33"]Skins need to leave the shop. If you could see the que of skins that we have lined up, there simply won't be room to do repeats unless we stop making new skins and have a largely static, cycling stock. The amount of skins we accepted (and COULD have accepted) was pretty high, and that's awesome! Having a lot of variety in our skins shop is great for the artists, the site, and the players who want choices. (Perhaps not so great for collectors.)[/quote] Well, no. My main concern is that this will be an another step towards pay-to-win. Even though you've repeatedly said that you don't want that. Buy gems, stock up on about-to-be-retired cash shop items, then wait for them to be retired. Profit. At least consider making them available from somewhere else, instead of completely retiring them. Add a low chance (one in a million chance) of getting them from Pinkerton, for instance.
Undel wrote on 2013-09-10 00:17:33:
Skins need to leave the shop. If you could see the que of skins that we have lined up, there simply won't be room to do repeats unless we stop making new skins and have a largely static, cycling stock. The amount of skins we accepted (and COULD have accepted) was pretty high, and that's awesome! Having a lot of variety in our skins shop is great for the artists, the site, and the players who want choices. (Perhaps not so great for collectors.)
Well, no. My main concern is that this will be an another step towards pay-to-win. Even though you've repeatedly said that you don't want that.

Buy gems, stock up on about-to-be-retired cash shop items, then wait for them to be retired. Profit.

At least consider making them available from somewhere else, instead of completely retiring them. Add a low chance (one in a million chance) of getting them from Pinkerton, for instance.
those skins look pretty yay for more stuff to hoard
those skins look pretty yay for more stuff to hoard
constellation skin!!!!
constellation skin!!!!
tumblr_inline_mwqux7TPiM1rbhbr0.png
[quote name="Zaltys" date="2013-09-10 03:02:39"][quote name="Undel" date="2013-09-10 00:17:33"]Skins need to leave the shop. If you could see the que of skins that we have lined up, there simply won't be room to do repeats unless we stop making new skins and have a largely static, cycling stock. The amount of skins we accepted (and COULD have accepted) was pretty high, and that's awesome! Having a lot of variety in our skins shop is great for the artists, the site, and the players who want choices. (Perhaps not so great for collectors.)[/quote] Well, no. My main concern is that this will be an another step towards pay-to-win. Even though you've repeatedly said that you don't want that. Buy gems, stock up on about-to-be-retired cash shop items, then wait for them to be retired. Profit. At least consider making them available from somewhere else, instead of completely retiring them. Add a low chance (one in a million chance) of getting them from Pinkerton, for instance.[/quote] pay to win means something enterly else then you seem to think. Put your bitterness aside please, can't have everything in life you know. -- Congrats to all the winners c: I love all of these omg !
Zaltys wrote on 2013-09-10 03:02:39:
Skins need to leave the shop. If you could see the que of skins that we have lined up, there simply won't be room to do repeats unless we stop making new skins and have a largely static, cycling stock. The amount of skins we accepted (and COULD have accepted) was pretty high, and that's awesome! Having a lot of variety in our skins shop is great for the artists, the site, and the players who want choices. (Perhaps not so great for collectors.)
Well, no. My main concern is that this will be an another step towards pay-to-win. Even though you've repeatedly said that you don't want that.

Buy gems, stock up on about-to-be-retired cash shop items, then wait for them to be retired. Profit.

At least consider making them available from somewhere else, instead of completely retiring them. Add a low chance (one in a million chance) of getting them from Pinkerton, for instance.

pay to win means something enterly else then you seem to think. Put your bitterness aside please, can't have everything in life you know.

--

Congrats to all the winners c: I love all of these omg !
[quote name="Zaltys" date="2013-09-10 03:02:39"][quote name="Undel" date="2013-09-10 00:17:33"]Skins need to leave the shop. If you could see the que of skins that we have lined up, there simply won't be room to do repeats unless we stop making new skins and have a largely static, cycling stock. The amount of skins we accepted (and COULD have accepted) was pretty high, and that's awesome! Having a lot of variety in our skins shop is great for the artists, the site, and the players who want choices. (Perhaps not so great for collectors.)[/quote] Well, no. My main concern is that this will be an another step towards pay-to-win. Even though you've repeatedly said that you don't want that. Buy gems, stock up on about-to-be-retired cash shop items, then wait for them to be retired. Profit. At least consider making them available from somewhere else, instead of completely retiring them. Add a low chance (one in a million chance) of getting them from Pinkerton, for instance.[/quote] It is NOT "pay to win". This is how sites grow and evolve. And seeing how one gem is worth 150T, you're not paying for anything when you play the games. ALL items ON THIS SITE CURRENTLY will be retired. The same goes for ALL items on khimeros, wajas, neopets, gryffs, etc etc etc. ALL sites do this. Cycling through the stock allows users to have a fresh set of items they can pick through. If items like these were constantly in stock forever, the site would get cluttered, the items would be worthless, and people would lose interest. Would you go to a gallery that only had the same art available constantly forever? Same paintings and same posters? No. You wouldnt. I know, because I work for a gallery who has major issues with cycling through their stock. You're whining about making money. You're whining that you have to sink 4k in gems to make probably a few mil down the road. I dont understand.
Zaltys wrote on 2013-09-10 03:02:39:

It is NOT "pay to win".
This is how sites grow and evolve. And seeing how one gem is worth 150T, you're not paying for anything when you play the games.
ALL items ON THIS SITE CURRENTLY will be retired. The same goes for ALL items on khimeros, wajas, neopets, gryffs, etc etc etc. ALL sites do this.

Cycling through the stock allows users to have a fresh set of items they can pick through. If items like these were constantly in stock forever, the site would get cluttered, the items would be worthless, and people would lose interest.

Would you go to a gallery that only had the same art available constantly forever? Same paintings and same posters? No. You wouldnt. I know, because I work for a gallery who has major issues with cycling through their stock.

You're whining about making money. You're whining that you have to sink 4k in gems to make probably a few mil down the road. I dont understand.
maekbabby.pngskinz.pngartbutton.giftumblrbutton.jpgdimensionriders2.png
@Zrcalo

... it's a bit pointless to compare a highly numerous item to paintings that collectors buy with the intention of owning a one-of-a-kind piece of art...

Not sure what to think of the retiring of so many items. I see why it is needed, but would it be impossible to add a small window of opportunity to get them later? Such as specific, time-limited quests in adventure mode once it's up, or as drops in the coli? Maybe have a few weeks each year when retired items become available through a certain merchant, or from Pinkerton. That, at least, would allow for some of these skins to remain on the market and give newbie collectors a chance.
@Zrcalo

... it's a bit pointless to compare a highly numerous item to paintings that collectors buy with the intention of owning a one-of-a-kind piece of art...

Not sure what to think of the retiring of so many items. I see why it is needed, but would it be impossible to add a small window of opportunity to get them later? Such as specific, time-limited quests in adventure mode once it's up, or as drops in the coli? Maybe have a few weeks each year when retired items become available through a certain merchant, or from Pinkerton. That, at least, would allow for some of these skins to remain on the market and give newbie collectors a chance.
@finnley

People dont really buy paintings. Most of the time people buy posters or prints of artwork from a gallery. So buying a skin is pretty close to buying posters or prints.

In all 7 years I've worked there. I think we've only sold 5 paintings.

It's helped IMMENSELY now that we've been clearing out all paintings every month. New artwork every month. Because, if a paining is hanging up for too long, people get used to it and typically dont buy it.
@finnley

People dont really buy paintings. Most of the time people buy posters or prints of artwork from a gallery. So buying a skin is pretty close to buying posters or prints.

In all 7 years I've worked there. I think we've only sold 5 paintings.

It's helped IMMENSELY now that we've been clearing out all paintings every month. New artwork every month. Because, if a paining is hanging up for too long, people get used to it and typically dont buy it.
maekbabby.pngskinz.pngartbutton.giftumblrbutton.jpgdimensionriders2.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8