Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Toridae Familiars
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19
[center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/9-1-13.png[/img][/center] [b]New User Registration:[/b] [indent]We are happy to announce that we will be opening [i]Flight Rising[/i] new user registration for a brief window on the morning of [b]Tuesday, September 3rd from 5:00AM to 8:00AM PST[/b]. [/indent] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=ann&id=950652]Read more about this update here. [/url][more] [indent]The reason that this window is somewhat short is that we would like to have Lightsky on deck and monitoring the server load in the event that things need additional shoring up. We will then be monitoring the site for about a week to see how the influx of new users affects things. If it holds steady, we will considering another window. After a second window, we will again monitor the situation, and continue to make any alterations or optimizations. If that is, too, successful, we will evaluate whether we are ready to enable open registration entirely. We have a lot of excited people ready to try out [i]Flight Rising[/i], and have been anxiously awaiting a time in which we can let people back in to enjoy our world![/indent] [b]A reminder for new and existing players:[/b][i] Players may have only one account, and members may not share accounts.[/i] [b]New Familiars:[/b] [indent]Toridae are beginning to uproot and patrol the marshlands. A few of these creatures have made it to the marketplace. A peculiar familiar for peculiar dragons. [/indent] [center][item=poisonous Toridae] [item=venomous Toridae][/center] [b]New Swipp Trade:[/b] [indent]Residents of the trading post are nervous at Swipp's newest shipment. Swipp's Swap Stand has received an additional supply of cobras and is offering them for trade.[/indent] [center][item=spined cobra][/center] [b]Google Checkout:[/b] [indent]We have located and resolved the issue that was causing Google Checkout gem packages to not go through properly. This payment option has been brought online again, and [b]will be available until November 1st[/b], after which it will be removed from the site. Google is retiring the Google Checkout service on [b]November 20th[/b], so we want to make sure that all of our gem orders are safely in before that date. They are transitioning to Google Wallet, but we would like to assess the security/safety of this method before implementing it into [i]Flight Rising[/i], so Paypal may be the only option for a little while. Thank you for your understanding.[/indent] [b]Kickstarter Physical Goods:[/b] [indent]We are are happy to report that we have approved the final proofs for the Flight Rising Bestiary art book and they look great! The run is currently being printed, and once they are finished, we will begin shipping Kickstarter goods out to those who donated at those levels. [b]IMPORTANT: If you experienced a change of address between the end of the Kickstarter and now, please immediately notify us by sending us an email at admin@flightrising.com with all of your proper contact information. The subject should read "Kickstarter Address Change."[/b][/indent] [b]Bug Fixes:[/b] [LIST] [*]Skydancer Male highlight auras are now facing the proper direction in Versus Mode of the Coliseum. (NOTE: It may be necessary for you to clear your browser cache to see the effects of this.) [*]An issue that prevented users from opening apparel bundles by clicking their icon has been resolved. [*]An issue that was causing users to continually see pop-up tutorial windows has been resolved. [*]The 'Accept' button in the Change Password window now functions properly. [*]An issue that was resulting in specialty items and chests not disappearing on usage has been resolved. [*]An issue in which friend portraits on the Clan Profile were not producing the correct URLs has been resolved. [/LIST] [b]Known Issues[/b]: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=bug&id=20942&p=mb](You can view the thread here.)[/url] [LIST] [*]Users that have large quantities of battle items in their Hoard may experience an issue loading the Stats & Abilities section of the Coliseum. (Workaround: Reducing the number of battle items may help people access this page more consistently) We will be working on a more permanent fix. [*]Links that contain ampersands (&) can sometimes become corrupted when used in forum posts or other messages. [/LIST]
9-1-13.png

New User Registration:

We are happy to announce that we will be opening Flight Rising new user registration for a brief window on the morning of Tuesday, September 3rd from 5:00AM to 8:00AM PST.

Read more about this update here.
The reason that this window is somewhat short is that we would like to have Lightsky on deck and monitoring the server load in the event that things need additional shoring up. We will then be monitoring the site for about a week to see how the influx of new users affects things. If it holds steady, we will considering another window. After a second window, we will again monitor the situation, and continue to make any alterations or optimizations. If that is, too, successful, we will evaluate whether we are ready to enable open registration entirely.

We have a lot of excited people ready to try out Flight Rising, and have been anxiously awaiting a time in which we can let people back in to enjoy our world!

A reminder for new and existing players: Players may have only one account, and members may not share accounts.

New Familiars:

Toridae are beginning to uproot and patrol the marshlands. A few of these creatures have made it to the marketplace. A peculiar familiar for peculiar dragons.
Poisonous Toridae Venomous Toridae

New Swipp Trade:

Residents of the trading post are nervous at Swipp's newest shipment. Swipp's Swap Stand has received an additional supply of cobras and is offering them for trade.
Spined Cobra

Google Checkout:

We have located and resolved the issue that was causing Google Checkout gem packages to not go through properly. This payment option has been brought online again, and will be available until November 1st, after which it will be removed from the site. Google is retiring the Google Checkout service on November 20th, so we want to make sure that all of our gem orders are safely in before that date. They are transitioning to Google Wallet, but we would like to assess the security/safety of this method before implementing it into Flight Rising, so Paypal may be the only option for a little while. Thank you for your understanding.

Kickstarter Physical Goods:

We are are happy to report that we have approved the final proofs for the Flight Rising Bestiary art book and they look great! The run is currently being printed, and once they are finished, we will begin shipping Kickstarter goods out to those who donated at those levels. IMPORTANT: If you experienced a change of address between the end of the Kickstarter and now, please immediately notify us by sending us an email at admin@flightrising.com with all of your proper contact information. The subject should read "Kickstarter Address Change."

Bug Fixes:
  • Skydancer Male highlight auras are now facing the proper direction in Versus Mode of the Coliseum. (NOTE: It may be necessary for you to clear your browser cache to see the effects of this.)
  • An issue that prevented users from opening apparel bundles by clicking their icon has been resolved.
  • An issue that was causing users to continually see pop-up tutorial windows has been resolved.
  • The 'Accept' button in the Change Password window now functions properly.
  • An issue that was resulting in specialty items and chests not disappearing on usage has been resolved.
  • An issue in which friend portraits on the Clan Profile were not producing the correct URLs has been resolved.

Known Issues: (You can view the thread here.)
  • Users that have large quantities of battle items in their Hoard may experience an issue loading the Stats & Abilities section of the Coliseum. (Workaround: Reducing the number of battle items may help people access this page more consistently) We will be working on a more permanent fix.
  • Links that contain ampersands (&) can sometimes become corrupted when used in forum posts or other messages.
Woo awesome! So glad to hear it. :)
Woo awesome! So glad to hear it. :)
67851.png
wow
wow
767VVTs.png
How exciting!!
How exciting!!
tumblr_inline_ncgrdk8eCt1seh6yq.gif
new users yessssss!!!!!!!!! we need some new blood haha! *braces for the stampede*
new users yessssss!!!!!!!!! we need some new blood haha! *braces for the stampede*
my_flight_rising_forum_signature_by_theparasiticbandaid-d6ajsgz.png
Hope the site can hold the influx of new users. :/ I have to admit, it makes me worried. D:

That new familiar is adorable too! :)
Hope the site can hold the influx of new users. :/ I have to admit, it makes me worried. D:

That new familiar is adorable too! :)
Ping me if replying to me. I forget easily...

Central Time Zone (+2 FR Time)
OBULKax.png
AWWWW YISSS
NEW FAMILIARS
AND PLAYER REGISTRATION
AWWWW YISSS
NEW FAMILIARS
AND PLAYER REGISTRATION
tumblr_inline_nfy1rclt8I1qblnye.giftumblr_inline_nfy1rclt8I1qblnye.giftumblr_inline_nfy1rclt8I1qblnye.gif
Hooray!
Hooray!
tumblr_inline_n6kdukB9pN1qlye38.gif
that's a pretty small window to register :x
that's a pretty small window to register :x
art_sig_by_shadowheart626-d75zq6p.gif 363.png[/acronym]shadowbinder_sprite_by_shadowheart626-d7u22jh.png
Glad to hear it! And I love the new familiar. I was hoping you'd make one of them aqua or green when I saw the sketches.

And very glad to hear registration will be open for even a short amount of time. Looking forward to some fresh players!
Glad to hear it! And I love the new familiar. I was hoping you'd make one of them aqua or green when I saw the sketches.

And very glad to hear registration will be open for even a short amount of time. Looking forward to some fresh players!
ZC2TB9H.png93Yl0PJ.pngvWYjbLO.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19