Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Apparel Preview, Coliseum Updates, Name
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Wait I just realized that I can make a Hannibal reference if I get the black elk
I NEED THIS OH MY GOSH
Wait I just realized that I can make a Hannibal reference if I get the black elk
I NEED THIS OH MY GOSH
-sips tea-
The preview, yisssssss.
The preview, yisssssss.
Communication is key.
When you unlock to believe, can you see what I see?
Searchlights, looking for the watcher in the sky.
Oh no I've got the same name capitalization problem haha! QUQ
edit: ahhhh thanks guys ;O;!
Oh no I've got the same name capitalization problem haha! QUQ
edit: ahhhh thanks guys ;O;!
qzCcOCy.png
andy | +2 FR Time
Woohoo! Awesome!
Woohoo! Awesome!
ibedoiqq4YHK7T.png
Ok, so before, one of my attacks took 0 to cast, now it takes 40. was that in the update? Because now I feel a little cheated :/
Ok, so before, one of my attacks took 0 to cast, now it takes 40. was that in the update? Because now I feel a little cheated :/
[quote name="Virusyte" date="2013-06-18 13:15:56" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=5&id=94724#108109"]Ok, so before, one of my attacks took 0 to cast, now it takes 40. was that in the update? Because now I feel a little cheated :/ [/quote] Reflect was never meant to cost zero breath. The fact that it did went unnoticed for almost two weeks. Sorry about that!

Reflect was never meant to cost zero breath. The fact that it did went unnoticed for almost two weeks. Sorry about that!
Flight Rising Games/Interactivity Programmer ♪♫
I have to admit, the Bolster being an ability-slot rather than a breath-generating spot, reduced efficiency bothers me. At level 10, I feel the mechanics of the bolster ability were pretty solid. The numbers might've needed a bit more tweaking, but as it were it did take quite a lot of focus for one dragon to provide buffs across the board;

Meditate;
Med > Bols > Bols > Med > Bols = 5 turns

Meditate /w Discipline Proc;
Med > Bols > Bols > Bols = 4 turns (with 15 remaining breath)

New bolster mechanic;
Bols > Bols > Bols = 3 turns

So really, it's faster to get the bolster out, albeit with the effect being changed to represent the caster's stats more (that numerical balance is not my concern with this), but you're getting 15 breath left over at the 4th turn, so you can't use Contuse or any other breath-skill to my knowledge, save the Bleed physical.

I see what you're doing here, to make a niche of a support-physical dragon that can actually get a little something out of taking a turn to buff up your team, to make a sort of pause between attacks much like how magic users often have to meditate to get their breath. At least that's the impression I get.

Or, perhaps you want this on Tank/protector niche of dragons, who are limited to the Guard/Anticipate strategy currently, to give them -something- to do to get their breath other than sitting there "hoping someone hits me!"

But what this does do, is take away the strategy of a high Quickness/Defense/Mind support-caster style of play for the sake of this buff. I enjoyed the flat rate of bolster, along with other support effects such as reflect (the 0 breath thing was busted I can say that for sure) and popping contuse onto the enemies for the debuff rather than damage. Now rather than a sturdy support who can supply a steady edge over the course of 5-6 turns, you want the caster-support niche to be the meditate-heal and rally/concentrate type of play style.

Idk it feels like you open new doors and close several others with this change. Frankly putting a meditate in, then bolstering to get extra breath will really help you come out on top I just got hung up on the notion that "Why do i need the cherry on top of like 15 breath for this playstyle?"

Really I guess I'm complaining because change is scary and I'm afraid of learning new things wehhhh
I have to admit, the Bolster being an ability-slot rather than a breath-generating spot, reduced efficiency bothers me. At level 10, I feel the mechanics of the bolster ability were pretty solid. The numbers might've needed a bit more tweaking, but as it were it did take quite a lot of focus for one dragon to provide buffs across the board;

Meditate;
Med > Bols > Bols > Med > Bols = 5 turns

Meditate /w Discipline Proc;
Med > Bols > Bols > Bols = 4 turns (with 15 remaining breath)

New bolster mechanic;
Bols > Bols > Bols = 3 turns

So really, it's faster to get the bolster out, albeit with the effect being changed to represent the caster's stats more (that numerical balance is not my concern with this), but you're getting 15 breath left over at the 4th turn, so you can't use Contuse or any other breath-skill to my knowledge, save the Bleed physical.

I see what you're doing here, to make a niche of a support-physical dragon that can actually get a little something out of taking a turn to buff up your team, to make a sort of pause between attacks much like how magic users often have to meditate to get their breath. At least that's the impression I get.

Or, perhaps you want this on Tank/protector niche of dragons, who are limited to the Guard/Anticipate strategy currently, to give them -something- to do to get their breath other than sitting there "hoping someone hits me!"

But what this does do, is take away the strategy of a high Quickness/Defense/Mind support-caster style of play for the sake of this buff. I enjoyed the flat rate of bolster, along with other support effects such as reflect (the 0 breath thing was busted I can say that for sure) and popping contuse onto the enemies for the debuff rather than damage. Now rather than a sturdy support who can supply a steady edge over the course of 5-6 turns, you want the caster-support niche to be the meditate-heal and rally/concentrate type of play style.

Idk it feels like you open new doors and close several others with this change. Frankly putting a meditate in, then bolstering to get extra breath will really help you come out on top I just got hung up on the notion that "Why do i need the cherry on top of like 15 breath for this playstyle?"

Really I guess I'm complaining because change is scary and I'm afraid of learning new things wehhhh
I belay that I belay everything I ever said about anything ever holy sweet merciful jiffy peanut butter and jelly pizza this is the best thing thats ever happened
I belay that I belay everything I ever said about anything ever holy sweet merciful jiffy peanut butter and jelly pizza this is the best thing thats ever happened
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11