Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Extended Rollover Canceled
Hi everyone -

Wanted to give everyone notice that our rollover period may run a bit longer than normal tonight. We are going to be optimizing some data queries that run fairly frequently so that they are leaner and don't hog as much processing time. In my efforts to continue to be as clear and transparent as possible with you guys, I'll provide updates if things go longer than expected!

Updates:
  • (00:25) We have concluded that the change we made is sufficient and will be opening the site back up at 00:30 as normal. We, however, will be monitoring the situation for any issues that arise. There is a possibility we may extend the maintenance if anything crops up.
  • (00:13) We have successfully implemented the changes mentioned below and are testing to ensure that they did not adversely affect anything else.
  • (00:03) We are making some alterations to the database that should cut out many extraneous data queries that are spawned on most site page views.
  • (23:50) We experienced a brief service interruption and restarted some backend systems. This appears to have resolved it.
Hi everyone -

Wanted to give everyone notice that our rollover period may run a bit longer than normal tonight. We are going to be optimizing some data queries that run fairly frequently so that they are leaner and don't hog as much processing time. In my efforts to continue to be as clear and transparent as possible with you guys, I'll provide updates if things go longer than expected!

Updates:
  • (00:25) We have concluded that the change we made is sufficient and will be opening the site back up at 00:30 as normal. We, however, will be monitoring the situation for any issues that arise. There is a possibility we may extend the maintenance if anything crops up.
  • (00:13) We have successfully implemented the changes mentioned below and are testing to ensure that they did not adversely affect anything else.
  • (00:03) We are making some alterations to the database that should cut out many extraneous data queries that are spawned on most site page views.
  • (23:50) We experienced a brief service interruption and restarted some backend systems. This appears to have resolved it.
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer