Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Welcome Back!
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Thank you so much for your efforts! THANK YOU!
Thank you so much for your efforts! THANK YOU!
Come check out my hatchery, Bahama Dreams Hatchery! Producing tropical and bright dragons since 2015! y9ncFF7.png
[quote name="DianaLW" date="2013-08-13 08:41:41"][quote name="Demani" date="2013-08-13 08:22:39"]Wow. I'm a newbie here and I am very APPALLED at the amount of entitlement so many players are showing here. So the site was down for a week and people feel they're owed something as a result? It's a game that you're playing for free. I can understand compensating those that pay for a monthly service, but this isn't a monthly fee based game. And no, buying gems doesn't mean you should be compensated either - refund the gems if you're so upset. The site has problems; most do, especially when they reach such popularity in such a short span of time. It is frustrating when you want to log on and have some fun and can't, I get it, I felt that too. But don't start complaining that you were compensated fairly when you know darned well the staff are doing their very best. Want the place to move along faster? Donate. Send them money so they can buy bigger/better servers, pay more coders, and so forth. Don't sit here and complain that the chest you got was not what you 'expecting'. I cannot believe how childish and spoiled so many players are coming across here. I am extremely disappointed in the playerbase. [b]To the Staff: [/b] Thank you guys so much for your hard work and dedication here. I'm so sorry you guys are getting so much undeserved backlash here. I haven't been here long but really enjoy the game and I am very glad to see it back.[/quote] @Demani Wow, and I'm similarly appalled by your rude attitude. Asking for fair compensation for the downtime is not entitlement. Just because the site is free to play does not mean all of us play it for free. Many of us [b]have[/b] donated real money to the site already, but lost out on a lot of the in-game benefits that that money would have gotten us because of the extensive unplanned downtime. 'Refunding gems' is not possible once you have bought and used items, and in my case I would not want to refund my money, because I [b]do[/b] want the Staff to use it to improve the site. My complaints are my way of telling Staff where I think they can improve such that users will continue to enjoy the game enough to keep spending money on premium items and keeping FR growing. None of us are critiquing the care package and site lag as punishment or 'backlash' to the Staff, we are stating our complaints so that the Staff can understand what makes users upset - sometimes upset enough to stop playing the game or stop paying real money for premium items - in the hopes that they will correct their mistakes or learn for the future. It is not 'childish' or 'spoiled' to want a [b]game[/b] to feel [b]fun[/b] instead of disappointing. Just because [b]you[/b] personally might not feel disappointed, does not mean other people are not disappointed and upset. So please quit it with the rude discounting of other peoples' opinions and trying to shame people for expressing their concerns and criticisms.[/quote] I'm sorry that my comments upset you, first off. Several players ARE critiquing the care package in the tones of 'but this was all I got for not being able to play for a week?!' as if it's an outrage. If you're not one of those, then my comments weren't for you. And yes, it is entitlement to expect to get compensated for downtime. We're lucky that the staff thought to send us anything at all for that. I understand where you're coming from and I understand if you were offering critiques just to let staff know why you are upset. That's fine. What is not fine are the number of people complaining that they should have gotten better compensation for the downtime; essentially, entitlement. You received the gems you paid for, correct? And, by your own statement, bought the items you wanted with those gems, right? No gems were lost? Did you pay anything that you were not compensated for? If you have the gems you paid for then I don't see what you're trying to say here - you didn't just give your money to the site without compensation. And I am disappointed. I missed out on buying my very first rare dragon (a pearlcatcher I really wanted) because of the downtime. But I don't expect the staff to give me additional goodies just because of that. Again, I'm sorry I upset you, but it really is truly appalling to see the number of people who are just here to say 'why didn't I get better items???'
DianaLW wrote on 2013-08-13 08:41:41:
Demani wrote on 2013-08-13 08:22:39:
Wow. I'm a newbie here and I am very APPALLED at the amount of entitlement so many players are showing here.

So the site was down for a week and people feel they're owed something as a result? It's a game that you're playing for free. I can understand compensating those that pay for a monthly service, but this isn't a monthly fee based game. And no, buying gems doesn't mean you should be compensated either - refund the gems if you're so upset.

The site has problems; most do, especially when they reach such popularity in such a short span of time. It is frustrating when you want to log on and have some fun and can't, I get it, I felt that too. But don't start complaining that you were compensated fairly when you know darned well the staff are doing their very best.

Want the place to move along faster? Donate. Send them money so they can buy bigger/better servers, pay more coders, and so forth. Don't sit here and complain that the chest you got was not what you 'expecting'.

I cannot believe how childish and spoiled so many players are coming across here. I am extremely disappointed in the playerbase.

To the Staff: Thank you guys so much for your hard work and dedication here. I'm so sorry you guys are getting so much undeserved backlash here. I haven't been here long but really enjoy the game and I am very glad to see it back.
@Demani
Wow, and I'm similarly appalled by your rude attitude. Asking for fair compensation for the downtime is not entitlement. Just because the site is free to play does not mean all of us play it for free. Many of us have donated real money to the site already, but lost out on a lot of the in-game benefits that that money would have gotten us because of the extensive unplanned downtime. 'Refunding gems' is not possible once you have bought and used items, and in my case I would not want to refund my money, because I do want the Staff to use it to improve the site. My complaints are my way of telling Staff where I think they can improve such that users will continue to enjoy the game enough to keep spending money on premium items and keeping FR growing.

None of us are critiquing the care package and site lag as punishment or 'backlash' to the Staff, we are stating our complaints so that the Staff can understand what makes users upset - sometimes upset enough to stop playing the game or stop paying real money for premium items - in the hopes that they will correct their mistakes or learn for the future. It is not 'childish' or 'spoiled' to want a game to feel fun instead of disappointing. Just because you personally might not feel disappointed, does not mean other people are not disappointed and upset.

So please quit it with the rude discounting of other peoples' opinions and trying to shame people for expressing their concerns and criticisms.

I'm sorry that my comments upset you, first off.

Several players ARE critiquing the care package in the tones of 'but this was all I got for not being able to play for a week?!' as if it's an outrage. If you're not one of those, then my comments weren't for you. And yes, it is entitlement to expect to get compensated for downtime. We're lucky that the staff thought to send us anything at all for that.

I understand where you're coming from and I understand if you were offering critiques just to let staff know why you are upset. That's fine.

What is not fine are the number of people complaining that they should have gotten better compensation for the downtime; essentially, entitlement.

You received the gems you paid for, correct? And, by your own statement, bought the items you wanted with those gems, right? No gems were lost? Did you pay anything that you were not compensated for? If you have the gems you paid for then I don't see what you're trying to say here - you didn't just give your money to the site without compensation.

And I am disappointed. I missed out on buying my very first rare dragon (a pearlcatcher I really wanted) because of the downtime. But I don't expect the staff to give me additional goodies just because of that.

Again, I'm sorry I upset you, but it really is truly appalling to see the number of people who are just here to say 'why didn't I get better items???'
The opening was rough but today is looking much better. Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best! The compensation was fine and more than I'd have expected. The most valuable thing is the food really, what with the coliseum still a little fritzy.
The opening was rough but today is looking much better. Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best! The compensation was fine and more than I'd have expected. The most valuable thing is the food really, what with the coliseum still a little fritzy.
MS1.gifMS2.pngMS3.pngMS4.pngMS5.png
Threads not updated currently, art is FPO
Thank you for all your hard work FR staff ^_^ I'm glad to see that the site is back and we can all enjoy it again.

I don't wish to be a complainer. But I've noticed that the treasure side of the market place is empty. Is that because of the downtime? Like because now that everyone is back they bought it all out and it has not been restocked or was it intended to be that way for a while?
Thank you for all your hard work FR staff ^_^ I'm glad to see that the site is back and we can all enjoy it again.

I don't wish to be a complainer. But I've noticed that the treasure side of the market place is empty. Is that because of the downtime? Like because now that everyone is back they bought it all out and it has not been restocked or was it intended to be that way for a while?
To each their own.
Running great today. c: A thank you to the staff for busting their butts to get things done.
Running great today. c: A thank you to the staff for busting their butts to get things done.
JkOIB83.png
[quote name="SkyDRiver" date="2013-08-13 10:44:09"]Thank you for all your hard work FR staff ^_^ I'm glad to see that the site is back and we can all enjoy it again. I don't wish to be a complainer. But I've noticed that the treasure side of the market place is empty. Is that because of the downtime? Like because now that everyone is back they bought it all out and it has not been restocked or was it intended to be that way for a while?[/quote] It actually restocks a little every five minutes, or so I've heard. People are probably just mobbing it now that the site's back. This is the first time I've seen them out of rename scrolls, and right when I need one, too! XD
SkyDRiver wrote on 2013-08-13 10:44:09:

It actually restocks a little every five minutes, or so I've heard. People are probably just mobbing it now that the site's back.

This is the first time I've seen them out of rename scrolls, and right when I need one, too! XD
Chewy Tentacle
Thank you so much guys for your hard work and dedication. Things have been a little rough this past week but I'm thankful the problems are being handled. And like most people here, I'm glad the website's running again. :D
Thank you so much guys for your hard work and dedication. Things have been a little rough this past week but I'm thankful the problems are being handled. And like most people here, I'm glad the website's running again. :D
[quote name="Khayr" date="2013-08-13 11:03:38"]Running great today. c:[/quote] Not...really? I can't say that it's running great. Most of the pages take at least a couple of minutes to load, assuming that they load at all. I just spent ten minutes waiting for the AH to load, and it'll likely take ten more to buy anything from there. At least there's no constant flood of connection errors today, but I have no idea how anyone gets anything done in this lag.
Khayr wrote on 2013-08-13 11:03:38:
Running great today. c:
Not...really?
I can't say that it's running great. Most of the pages take at least a couple of minutes to load, assuming that they load at all. I just spent ten minutes waiting for the AH to load, and it'll likely take ten more to buy anything from there.

At least there's no constant flood of connection errors today, but I have no idea how anyone gets anything done in this lag.
I for one think it was nice that they chose to give us free items in the first place. It's the thought that counts, y'know? And it's better than nothing.

Admins: Thanks for all the hard work, guys. I know it'll pay off in the end :D
I for one think it was nice that they chose to give us free items in the first place. It's the thought that counts, y'know? And it's better than nothing.

Admins: Thanks for all the hard work, guys. I know it'll pay off in the end :D
I don't think the staff do care packages out of altruism.

It's because week+ long downtimes have a way of angering userbases.
If people get mad and stop playing, there goes their income (gems).

Not complaining, but I'm just saying. People get a bit heavy handed with the whole "thank the benevolent staff for their generous offerings!" stuff.
I don't think the staff do care packages out of altruism.

It's because week+ long downtimes have a way of angering userbases.
If people get mad and stop playing, there goes their income (gems).

Not complaining, but I'm just saying. People get a bit heavy handed with the whole "thank the benevolent staff for their generous offerings!" stuff.
ice_rune_50x50.png
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15